• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

King Flush

Marquis
I've been playing for 628 days, am ranked 218 on my main world (356MM points, 250K battles), 1800/1100 A/D%, and in a top guild. I think I pass the litmus test for being "competitive". I am also the antithesis to your "fundamental point". I have been F2P for over a year (ever since INNO introduced the "Heal All" button). I spend diamonds but do not buy them. I do not disagree with the change to SC/WT. I'm fairly certain that I am not alone.
there's always exceptions to the rules, maybe you are that, info suggests you are moderately competitive I guess and in a top guild you say, so remind me your reasons of being pro nerf?

yes and I'm saying post nerf if it was to come in on my live world there is no reason why anyone in my guild should do any better as they are all able to get more fights now than what they would in post nerf settings.
This would have more credibility if it came from one of the players that was only getting in 1000 fights per month (which is the majority of the players in your live guild).

King Flush

Marquis
This would have more credibility if it came from one of the players that was only getting in 1000 fights per month (which is the majority of the players in your live guild).
there's no credibility needed it's just maths, how many fights per day can said player expect to get per day post nerf? 300 fights would be pretty generous, now how long would it take to do 300 fights? if fight EXTREMELY slow let's be super generous on this and say it takes 10 seconds per fight (would be much less than this) that is 3000 seconds = 50 mins, now are sectors open to our guild members to hit for more than 50 mins a day? hell yes they are, therefore nerf will not help a single player in our guild that wants to participate, we probably have a few players who just log in for a few minutes a day and if fights available they may do a few if not they may not do any, this will be the only players who may end up with more (the ones that don't care)

there's no credibility needed it's just maths, how many fights per day can said player expect to get per day post nerf? 300 fights would be pretty generous, now how long would it take to do 300 fights? if fight EXTREMELY slow let's be super generous on this and say it takes 10 seconds per fight (would be much less than this) that is 3000 seconds = 50 mins, now are sectors open to our guild members to hit for more than 50 mins a day? hell yes they are, therefore nerf will not help a single player in our guild that wants to participate, we probably have a few players who just log in for a few minutes a day and if fights available they may do a few if not they may not do any, this will be the only players who may end up with more (the ones that don't care)
You continue to look at it from the perspective of an active player that gets in 8-10K battles each GBG season. Broaden your perspective. Over half of the players in your guild get fewer than 1K. From what you say, all of these players must not want to participate. While some of them may be choosing low level participation others might be getting crowed out by big hitters like yourself (and this is what seems to be the case with the top guild on Beta).

King Flush

Marquis
Because I don't think that zero attrition is good for the long term health of the game.
you say you've been/are in a top guild then you realise there's a limit to zero attrition sectors and to succeeed there will always be attrition sectors that need taking right? so what is your problem that there are sometimes sectors that gain no attrition, this should be celebrated right? they don't come for free roughly 15,000 goods have been spent to get these cheap fights in, a lot of dedication by the players themselves to up theis treasury goods buildings and through donations (basically a well managed guild that other guilds should aspire to be like) how is this harmonious way in which as guilds and players better themselves be negative to the 'long term health of the game' as you put it?
Creating a dull GBG where races are a thing of the past, where (boring) negs are the optimal way to advance a sector, a lack of strategy and teamplay, the fact that there will no longer be a need to gather such quantities of guild goods as before all that and much more is supposed to be good for 'the long term health of the game' I don't know how you can suggest it whilst keeping a straight face.

King Flush

Marquis
You continue to look at it from the perspective of an active player that gets in 8-10K battles each GBG season. Broaden your perspective. Over half of the players in your guild get fewer than 1K. From what you say, all of these players must not want to participate. While some of them may be choosing low level participation others might be getting crowed out by big hitters like yourself (and this is what seems to be the case with the top guild on Beta).
they all must want to participate at the level they do, YES that is quite right, exactly that, you've nailed it on the head, by Jove I think he's got it :)
It's left all too often for those at the top of the fight scale to do most of the work, nobody wants it, we often struggle especially for leaders to take an active role, I'd love to do half as much leading and get half the amount of fights, but somebody's got to do it.

Fenix

Viceroy
Something new, which I haven't seen written here yet: there are many guilds that rarely build fields, for them these changes can only help them to get good results, either for the guild as a whole or for the individual players of that guild.
As someone has already pointed out, participation in this topic is limited to very few players, but we certainly do not represent the entire beta universe. We know our reality, and we are biased.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
What I don't understand with this nerf (although I approve of it) is if the need is for rebalancing, why isn't the decrease in SC effectiveness different in different leagues?
After all, I don't think there are any balancing issues in Copper, Silver or even Gold!

It wouldn't shock me if the 66% limit is 72 Platinum, 75 Gold, 80 Silver, and 90 Copper.

Owl II

Emperor
Mid-season. We did less than 20 k fights in total. 6 people in the guild have not made a single fight in 5 days. Another 18 people have done less than 100 fights.
I wonder who doesn't allow them to fight now, after nerf?
Someone should go to them and tell them that Inno broke the game for active players just so they hit. And they still don't hit. This applies to players in the guild as well as other guilds. The only change that we can observe so far with this nerf is that those players who was fight before stopped fighting now.

King Flush

Marquis
Mid-season. We did less than 20 k fights in total. 6 people in the guild have not made a single fight in 5 days. Another 18 people have done less than 100 fights.
Someone should go to them and tell them that Inno broke the game for active players just so they hit. And they still don't hit. This applies to players in the guild as well as other guilds. The only change that we can observe so far with this nerf is that those players who was fight before stopped fighting now.
so you're saying those that didn't want to fight before still don't want to fight now, well that's a shocker! :D

you say you've been/are in a top guild then you realise there's a limit to zero attrition sectors and to succeeed there will always be attrition sectors that need taking right? so what is your problem that there are sometimes sectors that gain no attrition, this should be celebrated right? they don't come for free roughly 15,000 goods have been spent to get these cheap fights in, a lot of dedication by the players themselves to up theis treasury goods buildings and through donations (basically a well managed guild that other guilds should aspire to be like) how is this harmonious way in which as guilds and players better themselves be negative to the 'long term health of the game' as you put it?
Creating a dull GBG where races are a thing of the past, where (boring) negs are the optimal way to advance a sector, a lack of strategy and teamplay, the fact that there will no longer be a need to gather such quantities of guild goods as before all that and much more is supposed to be good for 'the long term health of the game' I don't know how you can suggest it whilst keeping a straight face.
You just don't get it and I'm weary of trying to explain. Here's the deal. I DO NOT CARE how this turns out because, either way, I'm happy. If INNO implements the SC/WT change it will help the overall game but my game will go on because my city is well diversified. If INNO does not implement the change then I will continue to rack up 7K+ battles every GBG season and move along faster than I need to. Like I said, either way I win.

they all must want to participate at the level they do, YES that is quite right, exactly that, you've nailed it on the head, by Jove I think he's got it :)
It's left all too often for those at the top of the fight scale to do most of the work, nobody wants it, we often struggle especially for leaders to take an active role, I'd love to do half as much leading and get half the amount of fights, but somebody's got to do it.
If this change is implemented, get ready to cull the herd. Your guild won't be able to carry the dead weight. :)

Uh, I think that "Someone" would be you. This is your guild, right? You are guild leadership, right? My bet is that these players have been "dead wood" as far as GBG is concerned, for a long time. They have been embraced because they are guild goods providers and do not take battles away from the top hitters. I'm thinkin' that practice is about to change. :cool:

King Flush

Marquis
You just don't get it and I'm weary of trying to explain. Here's the deal. I DO NOT CARE how this turns out because, either way, I'm happy. If INNO implements the SC/WT change it will help the overall game but my game will go on because my city is well diversified. If INNO does not implement the change then I will continue to rack up 7K+ battles every GBG season and move along faster than I need to. Like I said, either way I win.
so you say well never mind I'll be alright Jack! due to you having a diversified city, well good for you, you can still do your city collection, maybe progress faster than others who are less diversified but to what end? what will be the point to carry on when GBG just becomes another GE / PVP type of thing? I know probably the majority of players don't really participate in GBG but still nobody has explained what these players get out of the game. I guess if you only spend a few minutes a day on the game it doesn't really matter either way, is that really what Inno want to achieve to make everyone 5 minute players, I'm damn sure 5 minute players don't buy many diamonds.

Last edited:

King Flush

Marquis
If this change is implemented, get ready to cull the herd. Your guild won't be able to carry the dead weight. :)
not MY guild, but players only become dead weight when you are at 80 members, In my world we were the only one of the top guilds who had a full guild with a waiting list but numbers have dropped slightly in recent months, besides which I couldn't care less what happens if the nerf comes in. I'd only be sticking around to watch the carnage.

so you say well never mind I'll be alright Jack! due to you having a diversified city, well good for you, you can still do your city collection, maybe progress faster than others who are less diversified but to what end? what will be the point to carry on when GBG just becomes another GE / PVP type of thing? I know probably the majority of players don't really participate in GBG but still nobody has explained what these players get out of the game. I guess if you only spend a few minutes a day on the game it doesn't really matter either way, is that really what Inno want to achieve to make everyone 5 minute players, I'm damn sure 5 minute players don't buy diamonds.
ROFLMAO! You truly don't have a clue about other player behavior. If you review the timestamps on my posts you will see that I am way over "a few minutes a day". I just don't center my entire game on GBG. Never did, never will. I get it that it's not your cup of tea, but you are in the minority. Adapt, or quit, it's your choice.

not MY guild, but players only become dead weight when you are at 80 members, In my world we were the only one of the top guilds who had a full guild with a waiting list but numbers have dropped slightly in recent months, besides which I couldn't care less what happens if the nerf comes in. I'd only be sticking around to watch the carnage.
Say what?