• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

Finkadel

Marquis
The season is over but the nightmares will persist... The SC nerf will harm small - medium players and guilds. In past seasons on beta i would average around 2-3,000 fights per season. This season i finished with 1,200 only by maxing my attrition daily and losing tons of troops....
If GBG stays this way i will drop down to about 600 per season as the continual troop losses will quickly become overwhelming... The one upside is that i can now complete daily GBG in under 30 minutes which greatly reduces the time spent on this server...
When these changes roll onto the live servers i will only need to spend two hours a day playing FoE on my two live worlds and this beta server so i will easily get back ten hours a day to spend on other pursuits/games.
Congratulations INNO... With this change You will kill Your most popular game.... Enjoy Your next careers...
I would hit "really, seriously, over the top like" button, if there was any. My impression exactly...

-Alin-

Emperor
Guys, feedback on the second season should be written not here, but by the link from the game(Here). The topic is pre-moderated, the reviews are not visible there yet. But it are there. It will be opened on July 28

Many people not seeing any comment and post there thought is something broken, not all are familiar with forums and how are working, so they are going after the masses, so it makes sense for them to write here their ideas, because are shown and are more posts also.

bornempire

Steward
Instead of only dragging down the options for GbG: a big improvement could be to give better individual rewards for GvG. There is a great disbalance between those 2 events. However: GvG is most important for ranking.
In many guilds there is less then a handful guild members doing GvG. Even a soloplayer can get a top 20 ranking. That doesn't make sense. Once a larger portion of players per guild sees a good incentive to join GvG the discours will rapidly change.

Owl II

Emperor
Many people not seeing any comment and post there thought is something broken, not all are familiar with forums and how are working, so they are going after the masses, so it makes sense for them to write here their ideas, because are shown and are more posts also.
This thread will not be taken into account and forwarded to developers, unfortunately. So if someone is not too lazy to write here and duplicate meaningful feedback there, it will be optimal

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
From everything I've read here or in the live forums, no world has more than 5 or 6 really top GbG guilds.
Why then does Inno not restrict the diamond league to a single grouping?
Only the first would remain in diamond and the best 7 in platinum (by the number of accumulated VPs) would be promoted to diamond.

HunZ95

Squire
Instead of only dragging down the options for GbG: a big improvement could be to give better individual rewards for GvG. There is a great disbalance between those 2 events. However: GvG is most important for ranking.
In many guilds there is less then a handful guild members doing GvG. Even a soloplayer can get a top 20 ranking. That doesn't make sense. Once a larger portion of players per guild sees a good incentive to join GvG the discours will rapidly change.
Even now, many people are hysterical about the personal rewards. What if they give it even in GvG?
GvG is not that popular because it is only available once a day (many people have dinner time or family life at that time).
The other reason is that it is not available on mobile.

CrashBoom

Legend
From everything I've read here or in the live forums, no world has more than 5 or 6 really top GbG guilds.
Only the first would remain in diamond and the best 7 in platinum (by the number of accumulated VPs) would be promoted to diamond.
the ones with the most VP aren't the best
they just had the worst opponents

and if there are 5-6 really top guilds then why moving all except the 1st down ?
so those 6 would have to stay in top league and get 2 new victims every new season o_O

Are you sick? What do you want to see? I showed you a map on which our provinces are under lock not only on the 4th line, but also on the fifth. It's not difficult: the tiles are accompanied by three camps basically. Somewhere there are even four. Blue aren't strong enough to do the same. But they try. They hit the 4th line the same way, in general. Who can know if we will be assigned to a group with a sufficiently strong and loyal opponent next season? I'm not.
I have read every one of your posts on this thread, and many of them on others. I do not know if it is nature, or nurture, but you seem to have difficulty engaging in polite discourse with anyone that does not share your point of view. Invariably, you become defensive and then resort to insults. Your reply, above, is a case on point. No need to reply as I no longer care to better understand your point of view.

Owl II

Emperor
It would make sense like in the beginning. Everyone aspired to get into this group of death because it was prestigious. This gave more rewards. This gave more ranking. But everything went awry when all the more or less playing guilds got to the diamond. There's nothing to fight for. There is nothing to divide. It remains only to farm, But not everyone can farm the same way. Hence all the problems

Owl II

Emperor
I have read every one of your posts on this thread, and many of them on others. I do not know if it is nature, or nurture, but you seem to have difficulty engaging in polite discourse with anyone that does not share your point of view. Invariably, you become defensive and then resort to insults. Your reply, above, is a case on point. No need to reply as I no longer care to better understand your point of view.
Hallelujah!:D

This is a slice of the map on my main world. Red and Pink have been beached since the start. Is it a result of "lack of effort" or lack of "co-ordination"? It's a rhetorical question. The answer is "It's not possible to tell from looking at the map". You don't know, I don't know, even INNO doesn't know. Only players in the respective guilds know. With your bias, you see laziness and disorganization. I look at it and see two beached guilds that may, or may not, want to advance. Only after the SC change goes live will INNO be in a position to determine if guilds, like these two, are being deliberately held back or if it is by their choice.

View attachment 8253
Since I'm on the same map (and in the same guild as you), I know the answer. Neither red nor pink is strong enough to compete on this map. Since we have decided to only swap rings 1-3 and use rings 4 and 5 for "snacking" because R4 has extremely poor camp support, they have asked for our blessing to take R4 tiles. In some cases they are asking us to hold R4 tiles so they can take them because even if we don't have camp support on those tiles we can take them much more quickly and easily than they can. I suspect if the nerf were in place on this map we would still be swapping rings 1-3 with our partner, we just wouldn't be triple forting and double dipping X1. We are accommodating the smaller guilds as much as we can. Not all big guilds are monsters ;)

-Alin-

Emperor
GGB known by vastly many people since 2020 was wayy too powerfull and broken in that actual condition ...

It could have been nice if the prenerf was doing from the very beggining, not now after 2 Years in which people were transformed in little greedy mosnters sitting nearly all day long even nights to grind every little sector on 96% or 100%, people get used for 2 years on how the GbG went and how powerfull it was, now its gonna be hard teaching them again with less rewards, not to mention the time and things they invested into their cities to get higher stats, thats the main concern of top players, all is in vain now for them, and smaller players will not have the possibility to get so many things regarding their activity in GbG on 0% sectors as others did before the nerf, either way is chosen, a considerable part of players will „suffer” anyway.

After seeing lots of feedacks and discussions how things are going in beta and how long are taking for sectors to be taken, GbG is annoying now but less time consuming as before.
I did my best and all I succeeded in doing this round and previous round was underwhelming compared to what it was in the past, not to mention each day I fought with at least 120 attrition minimum and lost few hundreds of units in all of this time, this is just for me and other top tier players, medium and smaller players aren't able to reach our number of fights no matter how much are they trying.
The only difference I have noticed is we get less fights and more people are pushing their attrition to their limits to gather more ...

Previous round results:

1658764895547.png

Last round results:
1658762099652.png

1658762050971.png

1658761623327.png
To mention in my results, no one swapped, no coordination, just sectors were taken from each other and we haven't deleted any siege camps nor watch tower, we let the chance to everyone to take sectors from us untill we taken them back before and so on till the end of the round.

So, I have come to the conclusion, Increase the cap from 66.6% to 80%.

Siege Camp:
First campSecond campThird CampFourth CampFifth and last camp
30%20%15%10%5%

Watchtower:
First TowerSecond TowerThird TowerFourth Tower
8%6%4%2%

Indiferently how many camps and watch towers are being built, the maximum possible it is 80%.

The 30% on the first camp will improve a bit the possibility of other guilds to get less attrition and take the sectors adjanced to their HQ untill the matchmaking will be fixed and improved, if this is going to happen anyway in the near future ...

Now, another thing that is needed to be done, to make the stronger people a bit „happy” and not sad from the nerf and ofcourse their hard work on their stats to be worthy.
Gradually increase in function of attrition the rewards:

Below 60 attritionAfter 60 attritionAfter 100 attritionAfter 130 attrition
No increase, rewards as before.15% increase in rewards25% increase in rewards50% increase in rewards

Calculating now the results and rewards, for 75% average camps for the whole round, a top tier player that will be able to get at 120 attrition every day.
-Rewards for one day will be for one day:
<60 attrition>60 attirtion>100 attritionTotal
~240 fights(rewards as usual)~175 fights(+15% rewards)~85 fights(+25% rewards)~500 fights
~420 fps/~61 diamonds~352 fps/~50 diamonds~186 fps/~26 diamonds~958 fps/~137 diamonds
Each fight is roughly 1.75 forge points and .25 diamonds in both archipelago maps(according on the averages made in the long run, not on my previous rounds)
>100 is till 120 attrition, thats why the 85 fights there.

In this way, people that worked hard to gain higher stats will have roughly 1k fps per day according to their activity and the possibility to fight on at least 75% sectors, 80% being pretty limited and expensive in goods.
And it will not be boring and tedious to be done as before, and it will not give the chance to higher players to get 2-3 thousands fps/day as before with 100% reduction and ofcourse the other players in the guild will have the chance to get something too, not only the 5-10 ultra active players, also ranking points will be drastically reduced too, peope with higher stats will have the most fights in that round according to their activity also, so now the quote from the beggining of GBG in beta it will be eligible „higher the stats better the rewards” ...

This is just my point of view of things right now and the adjustments which are needed to make GbG decent, not powerfull and not broken.
Regarding matchmaking, there were other players that had in mind and posted their ideas on how to fix it, I DO hope all of these feedbacks are taken into account ...

P.S: I am pretty sure InnoGames don't want to revert GBG anymore as it was before ...
Also posted in the feedback thread!

Last edited:

jovada

Regent
Nice ideas..... but most players can't fight to 60 attrition.... let alone 100 attrition....
Maybe in a few more years... if FOE survives a few more years that is....
And is'nt that the idea to work up att/def so you can afford more attrition ? They still can pick their moment to fight when there is low attrition with the camps , that way they still can do more fights then a player that can afford 120 attrition but has to fight on a full sector without camps

knarre sbeat

Merchant
GGB known by vastly many people since 2020 was wayy too powerfull and broken in that actual condition ...

It could have been nice if the prenerf was doing from the very beggining, not now after 2 Years in which people were transformed in little greedy mosnters sitting nearly all day long even nights to grind every little sector on 96% or 100%, people get used for 2 years on how the GbG went and how powerfull it was, now its gonna be hard teaching them again with less rewards, not to mention the time and things they invested into their cities to get higher stats, thats the main concern of top players,
I hear the argument about investet in city for GbG more and more, i can only laugh about it.
Attack and Defense for the attacking troops is nothing i persue only becouse of GbG, Me and many others wouldve focused on Attack buildings with or without GbG, thats really not an argument.
You wanna tell me without GbG everyone had a pure Fp cities all over, thats delusional.