• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] - Oceanic Future Part 4

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

Cardena

Squire
I wish the units would look different in GE (and similar situations) and on the map of Continents, that is very confusing.

DeletedUser7685

RE: rebalancing
I am really hoping that re-balancing will start off with replacing medals - I would like to suggest goods production or forge point production or even attack bonus (trying to offer constructive criticism).
I cannot emphasize enough that medals are useless - most of us in OF have millions upon millions of them.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
there's already a goods GB in the age, FP are overdone (but would make it crazy popular no matter how inconsistent the other bonus is), military boost is probably just not going to happen as there's too much of that in the game balance-wise (plus it's a collection that's needed the way the building currently works) - so that leaves coins, supplies, medals, treasury goods for existing options. Maybe tavern silver would be doable? Or guild power? Or some sort of terribad chests in inventory that could be opened for such things as motivation kits? There's not a lot of creative options available for the collection half of GBs.

Really it's not a problem no matter how much i don't want the medals that that's the collection on the building as long as the other half is appealing to enough people.

MagicMiam

Steward
+1 on this
a lot of people here complaining about medals and suggesting other things forget that first strike is the passive bonus and the other one has to be a collection. I agree fps would be overpowered, and there are already tons of fp GBs..
I like the guild power idea :)

DeletedUser5160

:/ We don't always need a 2nd bonus. Look at the cape. It's small and an efficient FP generator. WOuld be completely content to have Kracken as a dedicated military building.

DeletedUser

Kraken suggestion:

First boost
Take the same % as the Seed Vault (pr lvl) for the first strike option.
Second boot
Convert goods: Make it able to convert goods from you storage (Take the numbers of goods from DT)

Second boost could be at tab within the SB that could show your storage, and you pick "one" type of goods there, and it randomly converted to another goods type within the same age, the age over or under (by 1:2 1:1 or 2:1)

That would make me build it, and it wouldent overpowered.

Edit: The part with one age over might be a problem if the top age goods would be your pick :)
Solution grey out the top age goods, or just have "the same age and age under" as random options for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

podkap1970

Emperor
hehe you guys really think there will something else as medals ?, they only will raise the amount you get from the Kraken GB

LadyHecate

Marquis
hehe you guys really think there will something else as medals ?, they only will raise the amount you get from the Kraken GB
Indeed! The Moderators have already intimated this. The Kraken will have First Strike and Medals as its boosts; that's a given! It's only the amount and functionality that are likely to be adjusted pending our feedback on this Forum.

DeletedUser7529

GB cannot have 2 very good bonuses as it would make it too powerful. I dont mind GB producing coins / supplies / medals as long as first bonus is good enough - ie Chateau or cathedral.
Kraken is mainly first strike - and this bonus should be balanced to be good enough to make people build it (not only for testing).

DeletedUser

Nope :) no time for big changes in the way of programing, but suggestions will be read here, so a suggestions for other boost´s "might" have effekt in future GB´s so we dont get medals, or anything else we dont need.

DeletedUser7942

Can someone be kind enough to post the Good/Amounts needed for The Kraken? tyvm

bah, it's on the fan wiki http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/The_Kraken

DeletedUser16

How exactly can you know that? :) Look what the CM said:
Just wanted to let everyone know the devs are aware of the feedback on the Kraken and are looking in to rebalancing it. When I know more details I will pass them on to everyone, thanks.
And this can mean anything from just changing numbers to replacing the bonuses completely.

Not that I have a problem with what you said, I'm just curious.

urine luck

Baronet
If we compare like that, then Deal Castle has a military + Medals bonus, while being a larger (7x7) GB and the Medals bonus is way lower than the Kraken. That would mean the Medals bonus for the Kraken needs lowering?

deal's rewards were inline with the era it is available in and probably balanced for the game as a whole at that time. the game has changed significantly and the rewards from an oceanic GB should be inline with the play styles and needs of oceanic players, advanced players.

you dont want it to be overpowered for lower level players, but it needs to be powerful enough to keep advanced players happy. surely it would make sense for the bonus to increase more as it levels rather than less. its stats are probably fine for lower level players, but make it much stronger for the people that invest the time, fp and diamonds into getting it to lvl 80. make it useful for people who do a lot of battles because at the moment it is only useful for low level players who do a couple of battles a day.

(ps medals as a gb reward are just an absolute no because people simply dont need them)

Last edited:

DeletedUser7942

deal's rewards were inline with the era it is available in and probably balanced for the game as a whole at that time. the game has changed significantly and the rewards from an oceanic GB should be inline with the play styles and needs of oceanic players, advanced players.

you dont want it to be overpowered for lower level players, but it needs to be powerful enough to keep advanced players happy. surely it would make sense for the bonus to increase more as it levels rather than less. its stats are probably fine for lower level players, but make it much stronger for the people that invest the time, fp and diamonds into getting it to lvl 80. make it useful for people who do a lot of battles because at the moment it is only useful for low level players who do a couple of battles a day.

(ps medals as a gb reward are just an absolute no because people simply dont need them)
What about OF players who don't have 10's of thousands of fp's lying around but who do 100's to 1,000's of fights per week?

DeletedUser7059

GB cannot have 2 very good bonuses as it would make it too powerful. I dont mind GB producing coins / supplies / medals as long as first bonus is good enough - ie Chateau or cathedral.
Kraken is mainly first strike - and this bonus should be balanced to be good enough to make people build it (not only for testing).
Ok, but how you explain Arc than? :D Both bonuses are great - one for you, one for your guild. ;)

podkap1970

Emperor
How exactly can you know that? :) Look what the CM said:

And this can mean anything from just changing numbers to replacing the bonuses completely.

Not that I have a problem with what you said, I'm just curious.
its just the experience i have with you (not you especially), sorry :)

urine luck

Baronet
What about OF players who don't have 10's of thousands of fp's lying around but who do 100's to 1,000's of fights per week?

if you have the time to do "thousands" of fights then you could do a few less fights and spend that time collecting fp. but you have a fair point and theres an idea for a different style of bonus... battles contributing to gb lvling in some way.

this is more of an fp/gb lvling game than it is a gvg game and battles contributing to lvling gb's would address both sides of that. in fact battles contributing to lvling gb's could potentially reinvigorate gvg completely

Last edited:

DeletedUser7942

if you have the time to do "thousands" of fights then you could do a few less fights and spend that time collecting fp. but you have a fair point and theres an idea for a different style of bonus... battles contributing to gb lvling in some way
bah, GB fp hunting is boring, rather fight though the idea is interesting of battles contributing to GB's but with AA farming I don't see it happening but mainly with Kraken for a player like me, that I described above, it has no value unless the number in fights is increased because I'll most likely never get it to high enough levels to matter as it stands.