• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] - Oceanic Future Part 4

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser

But then that's a different kind of feedback - that the skill is good but the current balancing of the First Strike needs improving, and not that the Great Building is in no way useful. Which is good because that's feedback that can be worked with. :)

Well, if that is the case of certain words... ;) Then the GB is useless in the way you introduced it in the game... but we understand the good idea standing behind it :) To be honest - I don't know anything about designing games and I can't calculate the exact impact of this new feature, like some other players do... and maybe devs... but I have AO (11 lvl, nothing big), I know how it military bonus works and while it is less important bonus of this GB for me personally - I see it changes my battles for better in general (for example - with AO the third level of GE is achievable till the end with army - it's big impact, because without it last two battles were impossible for me). I imagine, that the way I wrote Kraken would work, it would for me be something worth having in my, very limited in space, city.

And about medals - yes, they are used widely. But they are also widely and easily gained through Arc bonus. I am only in Progressive Era (live server), I just finished levelling my Arc to 80 lvl and I have only three medal expansions ahead to use... I am also mobile player, so I don't play GvG. With extra chances in GE as rewards... I rarely use medals there... I have Gaia only for it's second bonus and I think I will get rid of it soon, because that also is useless for me now, but I could use a free space.

DeletedUser8150

the skill is good but the current balancing of the First Strike needs improving, and not that the Great Building is in no way useful. Which is good because that's feedback that can be worked with. :)

You're doing to feedback job for us ;)

I don't want the Gb to be too strong but I think ~2 kills/day @ lvl 10 (33%x6) is not going to justify 5x5 in almost any city. Its hard until we have all the levels details (could the devs not publish the stats when they lunch a new GB so we don't have to spend ages before we can make a rounded judgement.)

At the moment I'm not sure if its a fix but changing lvl 1 from 15% x4 to 15% x5 (and adjusting following levels accordingly) would help. The alternative might be to start @ x6 or even x7 but lower the % chance increments after lvl 10 to stop it unbalancing at higher levels...

Fwiw I'd happily lose the 2nd boost if the first was just a little better (like the cape)

DeletedUser5518

These two quest lines seem to be out of sync with current game play. Inno just introduced the last portion of Oceanic Future research

http://prntscr.com/gng0oh

At the exact same time two of the side quest deal with a research item that will not be unlocked prior to the expenditure of 900 FPs. I realize that some players are far superior to my game play when it comes to hoarding FPs so perhaps it is no big deal for them. But I have a feeling that the vast majority of players are like me when it comes to NOT having hundreds of spare FPs lying around in our respective inventories.

http://prntscr.com/gnfvgn

I do realize that these two quest have the ‘abort’ option. My point is - why put them in there in the first place if you know that most of us will abort these two side quest rather than let them reside there unfilled for most of a month.

DeletedUser8131

About the Kraken:

I aggree to other suggestions, the balancing is bad because the low number of battles. In normal game even this battles will have the most time no influence, because they are wasted for example in early expedition fights. To manage the earning of the LB and the sequence of fights for example in GvG will normally not work in a way, this LB has any positive effect.

Medals is in my eyes still better then happyness, but still nothing of interest.

A general comment about LB: I like normally all buildings with influence on fight system, but I also see that Buildings like AO or the kraken (if rebalanced) makes offenses in GvG easier. Is there a plan also to rebalance the strengh of the defense in GvG somehow? For me it seems this becomes more and more unbalanced.

DeletedUser7529

But then that's a different kind of feedback - that the skill is good but the current balancing of the First Strike needs improving, and not that the Great Building is in no way useful. Which is good because that's feedback that can be worked with.

Great Building in current balancing state IS USELESS. Lets take Cape Canaveral and add chance %, ie you have 10% that you will collect 10 FP at level 10. It would make CC useless as well, although FP bonus is one of best ones, as on average 27 times in month it would give nothing.
You did same to Kraken. You added to very good bonus 2 conditions (fight counter AND % chance) with together make it useless. You need to decide and either:
1) give it unlimited charges with lower % chance to proc
2) or you leave it with limited charges but implement new button "summon Kraken" to use during battle manually. Players decide on what battle they want to use it.

Currently very common players will have some weak army to fight with and charges will be wasted on those, even without kraken do his work.
Of course player may decide to not collect Kraken until he do some harder fight. But I really hate seeing icon to collect stuff and knowing I cant collect it because it will be wasted.

As for medals production - as others stated medals are useless. And medal come mainly from arc not GB bonuses. Even recurring quests give much more medals than kraken bonus.
Yes you can use them for expansions, but oceanic players already bought all expansions and sit with 20m medals in storage.
Yes you can buy GE attempts with those, but I never need it. There are simply too many free attempts ( ~120 regenerated and more from containers for 64 encounters) and buying more is not needed.
If you want to make medals worth something you need to either unlock 20+ victory expansions or give them any other purpose.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8131

Dont forget that boost phials, growing levels of fighting LB and and an increasing selection of buildings with attack bonus already strenghten up the attack in gvg compared to the defense.

Are there already any findings, how the kraken works on the high levels beyond lvl10? When the Kraken is too weak on lower levels, this does not mean, it is not owerpowered on lvl80+ for endgamers...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8131

Great Building in current balancing state IS USELESS. Lets take Cape Canaveral and add chance %, ie you have 10% that you will collect 10 FP at level 10. It would make CC useless as well, although FP bonus is one of best ones, as on average 27 times in month it would give nothing.
You did same to Kraken. You added to very good bonus 2 conditions (fight counter AND % chance) with together make it useless. You need to decide and either:
1) give it unlimited charges with lower % chance to proc
2) or you leave it with limited charges but implement new button "summon Kraken" to use during battle manually. Players decide on what battle they want to use it.

Currently very common players will have some weak army to fight with and charges will be wasted on those, even without kraken do his work.
Of course player may decide to not collect Kraken until he do some harder fight. But I really hate seeing icon to collect stuff and knowing I cant collect it because it will be wasted.

As for medals production - as others stated medals are useless. And medal come mainly from arc not GB bonuses. Even recurring quests give much more medals than kraken bonus.
Yes you can use them for expansions, but oceanic players already bought all expansions and sit with 20m medals in storage.
Yes you can buy GE attempts with those, but I never need it. There are simply too many free attempts ( ~120 regenerated and more from containers for 64 encounters) and buying more is not needed.
If you want to make medals worth something you need to either unlock 20+ victory expansions or give them any other purpose.

I fully agree to this statement.

qaccy

Emperor
@Darkstar

Regarding the Kraken, I agree somewhat with @Rondrasil Loewenbrandt in that removing charges would be a much more enjoyable experience for me personally. There are already several other GBs that offer a % chance of activating but don't have a limited number of uses, so I'm sure this could be done. Or perhaps even some sort of middle ground where charges are kept so it can only be utilized x amount of times per day, but a charge is only consumed when the bonus activates. Consuming a GB's bonus without it even doing anything is not a very good feeling, and I think that's one of the major reasons people aren't too happy with this GB at the moment. I think this is where you guys should start when looking at potentially rebalancing this GB!

Also, still no Nautilus stats yet? I'm very interested in seeing them!

DeletedUser5160

Just wanted to let everyone know the devs are aware of the feedback on the Kraken and are looking in to rebalancing it. When I know more details I will pass them on to everyone, thanks.

Thanks a bunch. Do we have the full details on the Nautilus though? I'm not in that age and haven't seen a player post a picture of its stats yet.

first strike ability - fantastic concept and a massive boost in the fight where it happens.
Unfortunately the combination of low probability of occurrence combined with limited number of chances means less than two hits a day at level 10.
For me personally on my main live city that is less than 1% of my daily fights, so as it stands it's simply not worth building. Which is a great shame as the idea behind it really is very good.
I'm not going to suggest upping the % and removing the cap as that would make it way too powerful.
I believe lowering the % while removing the cap would be a much better way to proceed, and setting the % at half of what the orangery has per level would most certainly make me want to build it, even with secondary ability producing more medals to add to the 20 million I already have in the bank.

DeletedUser7812

Please also think about replacing those useless medals with something else...and I don't mean coins or supplies. You need like 3M medals for all expansions and 377 per day on level 10 (or even 1500 on level 80) won't make any difference in getting those.
Probably not again FP, but maybe a kind of troop production bonus like that guild bonus which would help attackers and defenders equally.

DeletedUser7812

Nautilus unit current stats:
View attachment 2686

So, in general you took the cruiser and replaced contact with force field? Are there actually some endgame players involved in developing this endgame content or even developers playing in OF? It seems to me that since AF there's just random content thrown at us with the least necessary effort to develop and left to us to do the thinking and balancing part...

Andi47

Overlord
Battles are one of the core elements of the game. Medals are currently used for expansions, all-ages GvG map, getting attempts in Guild Expedition. With that in mind I think the bonuses are meant to be useful in general, and not just for a specific play-style. Let's put the current balancing (number of battles or chance) aside as that can be adjusted, would you consider the First Strike useful in your gameplay? If no, why not?

Well, First Strike looks useful - might be the only chance for a few of the level 4 GE battles.

But....

Less than one time per day (on average if you look at the stats) up to level 3.
Slightly more than one time per day at the next several levels.
(with a bit of luck) two times per day at level 10.

THIS looks useless.

so let's see if I would build this (only) for medals:

276 Medals per day at a size of 5*5 (=25 squares + 3500 FP) at level 8. I can get this at a size of only 7 squares with Victory Towers. So just for Medals (and, as it is now, a mostly useless "First strike"), when I can get the quadruple amount of Medals per square from Victory Towers?. No.

I am hoping for a rebalance to make at least one of the skills useful. So Please:

Either
* SIGNIFICANTLY raise the amount of first strikes which we can get per day
or
* at least quintuple the amount of medals per day.

Silveralius

Squire
Because it was designed with that size? I really wouldn't compare Great Buildings of different sizes and different bonuses, and consider which one is "better" or "worse" because depending on your gameplay you may have different opinions of the various GB bonuses.

They haven't different sizes! The size is same!
And both have military bonus. That is not about gameplay style. This is about benefit for game.

DeletedUser7813

Kraken can be really nice GB if you work on it a little more.

First strike: Make it permanent. And use the same numbers as AO crit (maybe you can go a little lower but 5 procent on 1lvl and 24 procent on 80lvl seems reasonable). Its quite useless as it is. You can collect and then get attack in GvG so all of your first strike will be used there for nothing. If you have to plan every single attack every single day then its just waste of time. 6 battles on 10lvl wont make any difference especialy if the first strike fails when you need it the most (like attacking strong neighbours).

Medals: It has been said many times. There is a lot stuff you can buy with medals but OF players have tons of medals and we dont really need more (especially couple hundred a day).
Give us something new and interesting. Like increased value of old GB you have in the city (it can be limited only to stuff you can collect like FB, goods, medals...). On level 10 it will boost your production by 10 procent so if you have Mys Canaveral 20lvl you will collect 22fb instead of 20fb. Above level 10 percentage would get lower a lot.
So if you really need more medals you can level up Kraken and Gaia. If you need fb you can level Kraken and AO + Mys + other GB.
It would be way more interesting and finaly GB worth building (if INNO get the percentage above 10lvl right it wont be a real game changer like ARC + Fronte but very nice GB that can be useful in every city).

Our cities wont get any bigger (few expansions wont do the job) so increased value of stuff we already have would make a huge difference.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
They haven't different sizes! The size is same!
And both have military bonus. That is not about gameplay style. This is about benefit for game.
If we compare like that, then Deal Castle has a military + Medals bonus, while being a larger (7x7) GB and the Medals bonus is way lower than the Kraken. That would mean the Medals bonus for the Kraken needs lowering? :D

I honestly do not think a comparison like that works, particularly since this GB isn't replacing another one, it's a new one. Either way as pointed out by Zarok Dai above some rebalancing for the Kraken is being worked on. :)