• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] - Oceanic Future Part 4

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser7813

What about OF players who don't have 10's of thousands of fp's lying around but who do 100's to 1,000's of fights per week?

There are two main activities while playing in OF
1. Fights
2. Leveling GB
So if you put in some work you shlould be able to reach 10k+ fb in six months or less(while leveling your GB to quite high levels). Its just about your dedication.
Its not that exciting but attacking the same neighbours with the same defence and 64 GE of nearly the same fights isnt that much fun either :)

But yeah, Kraken should be redesign because First Strike seems like a really cool ability. It would be shame to waste it on GB that nobody is gonna build.
Just make it permanent and keep the percentage as AO crit bonus (maybe you can go a little lower) and its gonna be nice GB.
I would rather have perma First Strike and no second bonus than poor First Strike and medals.
Just make it pure attacking GB.
If you wanna keep second bonus just add attack/defence bonus while attacking but give us only 1 percent per level and above 10lvl 1 percent every other level. It would still be more valuable than medals.

Cardena

Squire
But yeah, Kraken should be redesign because First Strike seems like a really cool ability. It would be shame to waste it on GB that nobody is gonna build.
Just make it permanent and keep the percentage as AO crit bonus (maybe you can go a little lower) and its gonna be nice GB.
I would rather have perma First Strike and no second bonus than poor First Strike and medals.
Just make it pure attacking GB.
If you wanna keep second bonus just add attack/defence bonus while attacking but give us only 1 percent per level and above 10lvl 1 percent every other level. It would still be more valuable than medals.

Yes, first strike permanent would be really great :):):)

I would like happiness as a second bonus, I do not have build many GB with that bonus because I did not like most of them.
But of course attack/defence bonus would be really great also

DeletedUser

if it applies in all fights with x% then
players will on world map (unlimited tries) and difficult GE encounters (not unlimited but enough attempts) retreat and restart until it hits one enemy

Cardena

Squire
players will on world map (unlimited tries) and difficult GE encounters (not unlimited but enough attempts) retreat and restart until it hits one enemy

You may be right, that unlimited would be too powerful. But than the number of strikes should be the maximum number of strikes that day, so that it cannot happen you get none that day (of course if you fight enough fights).
would require that there were a counter of the strikes still available, like the number of collection for Markus and LoA

DeletedUser

why do all hidden rewards in side quests give supplies ?

that is really disappointing

Silveralius

Squire
GB cannot have 2 very good bonuses as it would make it too powerful. I dont mind GB producing coins / supplies / medals as long as first bonus is good enough - ie Chateau or cathedral.
Kraken is mainly first strike - and this bonus should be balanced to be good enough to make people build it (not only for testing).

How you explain Castel, Arc, Inno?
The next good GB is Lighthouse of Alexandria that save you many space and produce goods for refinery. The same but lower is Babel. At 4x4 give peoples as one bigger house and produce goods for refinery.
But, what is Kraken's benefit for game? No one need more medals. Except that, we have Ghea.. (That is not biger that Deal or Coloseum).

Cardena

Squire
BTW it would be good to give all players a motivation to go through the tech tree. So it would be nice, if this GB would require promethium for building and it should be so good, that it is really wanted. At the moment there are almost more advantages in staying in a low era than advance to the end of the tech tree.

DeletedUser7529

How you explain Castel, Arc, Inno?
Arc doesnt have 2 good bonuses. Once you enter arctic age guild goods production becomes useless bonus.
Castel, inno - yea they have 2 good bonuses, but FP is balanced because its lowered single FP bonus like in Cape Canaveral.

DeletedUser7813

You can do the same with AO. If your Attack is high enough you will one shot almost any unit. So whats the difference??
it can be exploit maybe in GE 4. lvl but you will still have to fight second wave where Kraken can do nothing.
Map?? OF 3 whole map costs me 5 units so I dont think its gonna be issue there.

If you have to research GB that would be something really interesting. Most people just wait in Contemporary Era because GE is a joke in there. I dont know if INNO would want to do something like that but why not :).

qaccy

Emperor
BTW it would be good to give all players a motivation to go through the tech tree. So it would be nice, if this GB would require promethium for building and it should be so good, that it is really wanted. At the moment there are almost more advantages in staying in a low era than advance to the end of the tech tree.

This is an interesting idea. Requiring Promethium/Orichalcum to build a GB would almost 'lock' it to AF and OF players only, which could allow it to provide rather higher bonuses since lower age players would be mostly unable to obtain these buildings. However, it's still possible for anyone to buy these goods with diamonds. Is it alright for the game as a whole for diamond players to have access to a building with Arctic or Oceanic-level stats while they may only be in the middle ages? They already have access to various better buildings if they so choose, but a Windmill is a far cry from having something balanced around players in the Future.

Another solution would be to have the majority of GB collections adjusted to the player's age. While this would have no effect on the 'main' bonus for the Kraken in this case, if GB collections are largely based on both the age of the building and the fact that players are able to obtain all GBs at any age, I imagine this would mostly mean that GB collection amounts would increase which, usefulness of said collections notwithstanding, could be a positive change for players. Or at least, I'm almost certain that things like medal and supply collections on GBs consider the fact that a low-age player is able to have these buildings, which is why they seem so 'low'.

On the whole, I think that GBs in the higher ages are built to appeal to lower-age players as much as if not moreso than players in the age of the GB. It veers more towards the 'weaker' bonus in these instances. For example, imagine collecting this many medals per day from a GB when your medal rewards from other sources don't even number in the hundreds! This applies to other collections from GBs as well, and, again, may be why these numbers are so low and unappealing to higher-age players: They're designed to entice lower-ages into somehow acquiring the goods to build these GBs to obtain collection bonuses that are miles ahead of what they're able to produce on their own. That's just how I'm looking at it, though!

DeletedUser5160

Which is why I suggested it wont consume a First Strike unless it activates. It still limits the attempts, but doesn't make it worthless if it never activates after the first N fights.

DeletedUser8341

I'd like to see stats on a level 80 Kraken - if it goes up 2 attempts per 10 levels that could be first 20 fights with a relatively high %. It might be another GB that's just for the whales like orangery.
I think this is it: how does a high-level Kraken perform?
If players know that at level 30, it is OK, at level 70 it is good and at level 100 it is incredible, then I think it doesn't need to be changed. Players that want an incredible Kraken will put the effort in and get it. Since it is slightly smaller than the average size for a GB, it won't be taking up too much space while being levelled up.

DeletedUser5641

level 60: 14 fights and over 90% chance, so not every 10 levels 2 fights more

DeletedUser5641

Though i don't see a level 60 Kraken on beta, so i do wonder where you got that info :)
german forum. it seems like some guys of the support teams, at least of the german one can test it somewhere :D
someone just said that she has a kraken with more than twice the levels of the other one (60) and her kraken has a 99.99% chance (can't get higher) but still only for 15 fights possible....

DeletedUser7864

I really think the Underwater Hotel needs to be rebalanced as end game players don't need gold. The population provided is only marginally better than the non-premium residential buildings of the same era. I'm sure a lot of players have been waiting a second larger premium residential building to help offset the population demands of the new military buildings, this does not help.