• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] - Oceanic Future Part 4

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser7262

A question about the Kraken: how can one know the number of remaining charges?
An indicator similar to that of Lighthouse, Royal Albert Hall and St Mark might be helpful.

as far as i can see is you have to remember how many fights you did as for me i just did 8 GE (with no krakens) so i should have 2 left

qaccy

Emperor
Honestly, there are now larger GBs that accomplish less than what the Kraken does. Welcome improvements all around, but my unpopular opinion is that I don't think the change to a FP collection is a good idea. More and more the game is slowly heading down the path towards what I'm going to coin as 'Forge Point Empires' and I'm not entirely of the belief that's a good idea when there's more to the game than just gathering as much FP as possible.

DeletedUser

You made very useful GB out of useless nonsense in 48 hours - honest congratulations for speed and courage! :D

(now, of course, everyone would build it mainly for FPs, me included... :D, but changing statistics for first strike is also nice and now I will make use of it in the game, I cannot wait :D)

DeletedUser8150

I agree an indicator of uses left would be handy. I'm lukewarm about the Fps but hey ho...looks like it might be a monster at higher levels with the new strike numbers

Btw any1 found a use for the new unit no ones talked about it much yet?

@Zarok Dai: I flagged this up before but; The new Nautilus barracks is the same Att bonus (+7) as both the manta (of the same age) but also the Dragon Drone of AF?! In AF we had the behmoth hanger @ +6 and Dragon at +7. In FE we had both barracks at +5%. Shouldn't OF see the two barracks @ +7 and +8 at least or on the past 2 eras logically we ought to get +8 and +9 (ie + one increment for the era and +1 difference between the two barracks)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7529

You made very useful GB out of useless nonsense in 48 hours - honest congratulations for speed and courage! :D

(now, of course, everyone would build it mainly for FPs, me included... :D, but changing statistics for first strike is also nice and now I will make use of it in the game, I cannot wait :D)

Well I was hoping first strike ability will be greatly improved as idea was really great, ie by giving players button to use it when they need it or by removing charges, making it passive bonus like orangery. With first strike improved medals would be fine - as 1 good bonus is enough for players to build it.
With charges going to stay bonus icon is must-have - same as other 'charges' showing (Dynamic Tower, Mark Basilica etc)

Currently Kraken main bonus is forge points - most people will build it just for this bonus. First strike is something extra that sometimes will help you, but only if you collect it on right time (ie before last fights on GE). But most of the time first strike will change nothing, as GvG fighters easly do 100+ fights daily (sometimes 300+), and even with level 80 it woudnt have enough charges for like 10% of fights done.

DeletedUser

But most of the time first strike will change nothing, as GvG fighters easly do 100+ fights daily (sometimes 300+), and even with level 80 it woudnt have enough charges for like 10% of fights done.

True. But for app players, like me, that COULD be of use now - 12 times of 32% is quite good, if you only do GE and sometimes neighbours fights. But, of course, statistics for popularity of new GB will be spoiled by FPs, I agree to that.

DeletedUser7239

Wow Wow..they did change something for a change, i guess they do learn sometimes.
My congrats to inno, this GE just become my latest favorite :)

DeletedUser5160

The buff to Kracken was very nice @Zarok Dai . Don't you think the GB is a bit too small for what it offers now? FP Generation is a pretty big deal and even the % Chance of activation + FP GB Arctic Orangery is bigger than the Kracken.

I'm curious to hear the devs thoughts about the changes.

DeletedUser8277

I can only comment on the GB. Changing medals to FP helps and I bet it will get built by many players now but I don't think the major problem of the Kraken has been addressed. Having something that is only possibly useful for the first 10 battles of the day is pretty poor. There's no so many timing issues being introduced to the game, DC's a main example.

Now people will have to hold off on collecting their Kraken for before a difficult battle IE get through some easy ones first then collect Kraken for harder ones. Or not do no more than 10 GE battles per day. Which will introduce the issue of 'my DC calls for battles but my Kraken isn't ready' or wasting a Kraken boost etc. Or, I'm not going to GvG right now because I don't want to waste my Kraken or the other way around, no GE so I can save my Kraken for GvG.

I really think the best thing is to lower the percentage significantly but remove the number of battles so it is a constant chance no matter how much you battle.

I will say this is the coolest looking GB in the game. Having been able to see the animations in those who have it built it's really great, very different from the other great buildings. I also love the 5x5 size.

I also think it may be better to have separate feedback threads for the GB and OF4. A GB all players can have an opinion on but if the devs are interested in feedback for any other aspect of OF4 they are going to have to weed through a lot of talk about the GB. Overall it's great that they are listening to the feedback and making changes, people have been looking forward to a new GB for awhile and with the last one seeming like a let down, only useful to those that plunder, having something that appeals to a wider range of players is great. I really like GBs that do something special in that it's not something you can get from anything else and this does fit that bill but it's special ability is just currently too poor to make me want to build it.

qaccy

Emperor
@Manda the first While I personally feel like the Kraken is definitely a lot more appealing in its current form, I do agree that it can be a headache for those who would prefer to 'optimize' its usage. However, this bonus, if unlimited, would have to be brought to a very low chance in order to prevent 'abuse' on the continent and GE maps, wherein a fight is continually reset until the Kraken bonus activates. In order for the developers to be comfortable with doing so and dissuading this behavior, it would probably be something along the lines of the Seed Vault's chances, at which point it hardly feels like a bonus at all. I believe keeping limited uses is, in part, intended to try to limit this behavior while also allowing the bonus to be rather prevalent.

DeletedUser8150

I believe keeping limited uses is, in part, intended to try to limit this behavior while also allowing the bonus to be rather prevalent.

I agree I don't think it can work otherwise.

DeletedUser

The buff to Kracken was very nice @Zarok Dai . Don't you think the GB is a bit too small for what it offers now? FP Generation is a pretty big deal and even the % Chance of activation + FP GB Arctic Orangery is bigger than the Kracken.

I'm curious to hear the devs thoughts about the changes.

I'm not sure I can get a direct response as to the devs thoughts on the size, but I think the size is set even before the graphics are done.

DeletedUser7585

Okay thank you for getting rid of medals and giving us fp's but we need FP's like Cape & AO and I would be satisfied. Hope the Devs listen, because I see first strike still weak needs twice as many kills at a minimum. Actually it should be more like AO just lower the percentage to start at 1% so we can lvl it up for more first strikes. Not sure why they didn't keep that same theme. AO is great Kraken could be great too it isn't great yet.

Lionhead

Baronet
Honestly, there are now larger GBs that accomplish less than what the Kraken does. Welcome improvements all around, but my unpopular opinion is that I don't think the change to a FP collection is a good idea. More and more the game is slowly heading down the path towards what I'm going to coin as 'Forge Point Empires' and I'm not entirely of the belief that's a good idea when there's more to the game than just gathering as much FP as possible.

I totally agree. So sad to learn that IG caved in and changed the Kraken the way they did. So the medals output was unpopular, but there is plenty of high(er) era GB´s which has (more) useless active bonuses. So many stated that medals are useless, coz they have those in abondance. That´s most likely the same players who has fp´s in abondance. I´ve seen plenty of posts on this forum from players who has claimed to have in the 20K area of fp´s on stock. So now they can work on getting 30K on stock?
On the plus side: as there´s no real use for OF-goods, low age players can likely very easy get the Kraken with some help from guildies and thus make the divide between high end players and lower age players less.
No, IG.. you should´ve tweaked the First Strike ability instead. Better than it was done.

DeletedUser7585

ZAROK DAI,

Would you mind (or are you allowed to mention since you work here) mentioning what you think the first ability should be in the next GB that comes out, as you have great input here. If you don't have one yet what are the top 3 suggestions from other players please? TY

Last edited by a moderator:

qaccy

Emperor
Okay thank you for getting rid of medals and giving us fp's but we need FP's like Cape & AO and I would be satisfied. Hope the Devs listen, because I see first strike still weak needs twice as many kills at a minimum. Actually it should be more like AO just lower the percentage to start at 1% so we can lvl it up for more first strikes. Not sure why they didn't keep that same theme. AO is great Kraken could be great too it isn't great yet.

I respectfully disagree with your assessment. The Kraken already seemingly gives more FP per level than CDM, Hagia, and Inno Tower. It's weaker than the Cape and Orangery, but it has a secondary bonus to justify being larger than the Cape, and the Orangery is larger still to justify producing as much FP as the Cape does while also having a secondary bonus. Remember, things still have to be balanced here. A 5x5 GB with a strong passive effect and top-tier FP production is asking a little too much, in my opinion.

Anyway, someone else recently pointed it out but where's the feedback on the rest of the update...you know, the Oceanic Future content? So far almost the entire thread has been regarding the GB. Does that mean everything else is fine as-is?

DeletedUser7585

New GB's to develop: How about a GB that counters the ME age and above for goods, and allows you to produce same age goods. Starting amount of goods could be 30. Secondary benefit could be either happiness, or pop. Size 6x6. Right now all we can do is have a bunch of small bldgs taking up space that offers 3-5 goods on most of them. By building this GB you can seriously see the benefits, and get rid of all the other bldgs. Inno Tower was great for pop here is a GB great for goods.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I can only comment on the GB. Changing medals to FP helps and I bet it will get built by many players now but I don't think the major problem of the Kraken has been addressed. Having something that is only possibly useful for the first 10 battles of the day is pretty poor. There's no so many timing issues being introduced to the game, DC's a main example.

Now people will have to hold off on collecting their Kraken for before a difficult battle IE get through some easy ones first then collect Kraken for harder ones. Or not do no more than 10 GE battles per day. Which will introduce the issue of 'my DC calls for battles but my Kraken isn't ready' or wasting a Kraken boost etc. Or, I'm not going to GvG right now because I don't want to waste my Kraken or the other way around, no GE so I can save my Kraken for GvG.

I really think the best thing is to lower the percentage significantly but remove the number of battles so it is a constant chance no matter how much you battle.

Honestly i prefer the idea that (once leveled) it's going to be pretty reliable but only for so many battles. Part of what makes me feel orangery is nigh-useless is a chance to crit has about 4 chances to be useful in the most typical battle - on the first hit on about the first 4 units (outside of CE GvG vs tank spam) - without levelling the thing superhigh the chance per fight is really low. And that's assuming the units you're using are even crit-eligible for the fight, over half my fights aren't AND that you either have a tough time 2 shotting the units you're targetting or can deal 7+ damage in a hit to OHK the targets. I don't really recommend an orangery to anyone beyond 'once you have the rest of your stuff, you might as well get it and sometimes it might save you something'. First strike if you have any reasonable number of instakills a day will be much more generally useful - to the point where it's a major concern it might be overpowered if its uses were unlimited.

I also consider it a good thing that you might want to plan when you collect it/which fights you use it on. This is a strategy game still isn't it? This isn't like when they force you to advance on the map or tech tree when you really don't want to either. It's not a permanent shortcoming that one day you wish you used your kraken charges on something else. It's a building that you know how it works and will continue to work that way once you build it. If you want to time your collections to be for a particular portion of your game, that's your choice.

DeletedUser7585

I respectfully disagree with your assessment. The Kraken already seemingly gives more FP per level than CDM, Hagia, and Inno Tower. It's weaker than the Cape and Orangery, but it has a secondary bonus to justify being larger than the Cape, and the Orangery is larger still to justify producing as much FP as the Cape does while also having a secondary bonus. Remember, things still have to be balanced here. A 5x5 GB with a strong passive effect and top-tier FP production is asking a little too much, in my opinion.

Anyway, someone else recently pointed it out but where's the feedback on the rest of the update...you know, the Oceanic Future content? So far almost the entire thread has been regarding the GB. Does that mean everything else is fine as-is?

I understand your point and agree with you somewhat depending on if they're going to fix the first strike or not. My main argument is with first strike part of it. If they fix that I'm good with the fp's currently in place.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Regarding the rest of OF4:

- the new unit might have potential but i'm not OF on beta to test its movement properties - stats alone are underwhelming unless it moves easier than a sub - turtles, plasmas, dragons, and mantas are hardly the units i wish i could tank more hits from - and the only thing this will be more effective at tanking than a sub.
- the new barracks for the new unit is 'fine' - it slots in easily in place of one of my hover tank barracks until i decide whether i need any number of them and gives slightly more attack boost - i expect longterm it'll turn back into a hover tank barracks
- the other new buildings... i have zero cultural buildings, and zero supply buildings in my city other than sometimes crystal flower stores and blacksmiths for quests - so that leaves residential, and the House Boat may fill some spaces the others can't i guess - but doesn't feel overly special either. Overall it's really hard to appreciate much in the case of tech when you release an era in so many parts, 99% of the techs are just empty calories to eat up resources in smaller chunks anyways - not many choices of things to be 'excited' about - this phase could easily have been 4 techs that costed 3 times as much instead - might be less offensive to some who object to being forced to research techs that effectively give nothing. Furthermore, when it comes to residential/supply buildings/etc usually only one will matter in an era to any given person - which one ideally would be different depending on the person but it still leaves a high chance someone doesn't want any of the new buildings from a phase making it just an annoyance that they have more tech tree to cover for no other reason than to be ready for next phase.
- the harbor upgrade/crew members - i barely ever run the thing, this won't change that other than for a couple weeks before it comes out so that i've got enough to get to the barracks and try it out, just another empty tech to pass along the way - that said, i don't think there is anything to change that - either i need orichalcum and i'll run it, or i don't and i won't. And most of the time it'll be the latter.