• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] - Oceanic Future Part 2

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser4256

if the turn meter of a unit is based on its movement (not its range) then I'd say the turtle is bugged bcos currently is shooting before other 'faster' units do

Turturret : 10 movement
Rogue : 14 movement
Eel: 35 movement
SubCruiser: 22 movement
CRAB: 20 movement
BattleFortress: 20 movement
Drone: 32 movement
Raider: 36 movement
PlasmaArtillery: 14 movement
Surrogate: 18 movement

so as we see the turtle is the slowest unit of OF and AF eras but when a battle starts the turtle turn is going before the rogue or any other faster unit turn. If this behaviour is correct or intended then the Turturret description given is incomplete or wrong

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4381

are you kidding me ? 3 days and 16 hours ?!
View attachment 2191

this will be intersting for events...

Nearly four days to scout is insane. If I'd had to wait this long to complete a scout then a recent event would have needed most of two weeks *just* for the scouting I was forced to do.

It's not just that province either. Can we get an official answer from Inno on whether this is going to remain the timescale?

DeletedUser4256

Nearly four days to scout is insane. If I'd had to wait this long to complete a scout then a recent event would have needed most of two weeks *just* for the scouting I was forced to do.

It's not just that province either. Can we get an official answer from Inno on whether this is going to remain the timescale?

so far I scouted 7 provinces and it has been the same time for all of them: 3 days 16 hours

I agree for the scouting part.
The keep releasing one event after another and all need to scout provinces or unlock technologies.
Both are not so easy any more especailly if you have just change era and you need goods like Promethium or Orichalcum which cannot be found on the market.

I would also like to make a notice for the new unit.
Some time ago Inno tried to apply on the Expedition the AI of Continent map.This ment you couldn't use your Rogues.
After the feedback from the players they had to change it back to nornal.
From my POV the new unit is another try of the company to enter through the "back door" the same thing.
Otherwise I cannot understand what is the use of a unit which is only real abitlity is to massively transform Rogues.
It cannot hit Dragons or Eels and as for the massive hit............no comment.

I think all the above have one and only purpose.
To spend diamonts.

DeletedUser4256

I agree for the scouting part.
The keep releasing one event after another and all need to scout provinces or unlock technologies.
Both are not so easy any more especailly if you have just change era and you need goods like Promethium or Orichalcum which cannot be found on the market.

I would also like to make a notice for the new unit.
Some time ago Inno tried to apply on the Expedition the AI of Continent map.This ment you couldn't use your Rogues.
After the feedback from the players they had to change it back to nornal.
From my POV the new unit is another try of the company to enter through the "back door" the same thing.
Otherwise I cannot understand what is the use of a unit which is only real abitlity is to massively transform Rogues.
It cannot hit Dragons or Eels and as for the massive hit............no comment.

I think all the above have one and only purpose.
To spend diamonts.

maybe you're right
but I'd say that this unexpected behaviour (turtle is faster than rogue regardless of the speed parameter of both) is caused by the rail gun bug and the subsequent fix. Remember they made uneffective the rogue speed value (14) turning the rogue into the slowest unit of the game
Now, months later, I see that rail gun bug fix is producing that the use of rogues is completely useless (or a suicide) when facing some turtles

maybe you're right
but I'd say that this unexpected behaviour (turtle is faster than rogue regardless of the speed parameter of both) is caused by the rail gun bug and the subsequent fix. Remember they made uneffective the rogue speed value (14) turning the rogue into the slowest unit of the game
Now, months later, I see that rail gun bug fix is producing that the use of rogues is completely useless (or a suicide) when facing some turtles
You think if the Rogues move prior the Turturret would it make any difference ?
You will have to split your Rogues in a way that each one is 3 tiles away from the others.

DeletedUser4256

You think if the Rogues move prior the Turturret would it make any difference ?
You will have to split your Rogues in a way that each one is 3 tiles away from the others.

yes I do, as you say you would have a chance at least to move and split your rogues before turtles turn and keeping your unnatached safe at least. Now you cannot do anything just watching how a single couple of turtles can convert all the rogues and damage other units, before your first turn.

If you use 1,2 unattached and rogues and you're facing turtles, your unnatached units are adyacent to rogues so you must move forward those unattached to prevent them from getting damage when turtles hit a rogue and its adyacent units

DeletedUser5097

By the way, the diamond culture building coral reef is too weak.

Reef 1.000 diamonds
8x4 = 32
2x2 roads
Happines: 16.110

Mealstrom dynamo
6x6 = 36
1x1 roads
Happines: 15.360

Reef should have some more happines, maybe 1.000 happines.

I would also like to point something out, I love the game designe of the TT and the
intressting research, but sometimes it does have realy hard words. I'm a grow up
and I never heard about some words that was used in the TT and they are realy
hard. Even word does have some times problems with it. It's nice to learn something,
but if it's already hard to understand for grow ups what the research does mean, how
about kids? For example Flotation surfactants (Oceanic Future) and plasma
spectroscopy. It's okay that the research in the far future era's are much more advanced,
but some times it's hard to understand what they does mean.;)

qaccy

Emperor
leave the turturret alone !! by far the best unit up until now. don't ruin this too, please !!

Based on your tone, this unit sounds imbalanced.

if the turn meter of a unit is based on its movement (not its range) then I'd say the turtle is bugged bcos currently is shooting before other 'faster' units do

Turturret : 10 movement
Rogue : 14 movement
Eel: 35 movement
SubCruiser: 22 movement
CRAB: 20 movement
BattleFortress: 20 movement
Drone: 32 movement
Raider: 36 movement
PlasmaArtillery: 14 movement
Surrogate: 18 movement

so as we see the turtle is the slowest unit of OF and AF eras but when a battle starts the turtle turn is going before the rogue or any other faster unit turn. If this behaviour is correct or intended then the Turturret description given is incomplete or wrong

The thing is, several units in your list also have different 'speed' values than the movement listed. I even said as much in one of my other posts. Raiders actually have 50 'speed' and surrogates have 40. This means that these two units always move before any other unit, which is most noticeable with surrogates because they have a HUGE difference between their speed and their movement stat (they're faster than every unit except raiders and units with rapid deploy). Turturrets are not the first unit Inno's done this with, but apparently you haven't noticed?

DeletedUser4256

Based on your tone, this unit sounds imbalanced.

The thing is, several units in your list also have different 'speed' values than the movement listed. I even said as much in one of my other posts. Raiders actually have 50 'speed' and surrogates have 40. This means that these two units always move before any other unit, which is most noticeable with surrogates because they have a HUGE difference between their speed and their movement stat (they're faster than every unit except raiders and units with rapid deploy). Turturrets are not the first unit Inno's done this with, but apparently you haven't noticed?

Not quite. Movement means how much a unit can move across the battlefield. Initiative means in what order units move (highest first). In almost all cases the initiative matches the movement of the unit though. That's why units with higher movement go first, unless there's an ability or different initiative given to that unit.

Based on the above post its all about "the initiative", a hidden/forbidden and UNKNOWN parameter value to the players, that explains why the turtle is moving before other units regardless of movement, speed or other KNOWN parameters as Rapid Deployment ability

DeletedUser8150

Is there going to be any ongoing using for the promethium? I'm sure i'm not alone in having hordes of the stuff. Is the new orechal taking over entirely?

DeletedUser7262

Is there going to be any ongoing using for the promethium? I'm sure i'm not alone in having hordes of the stuff. Is the new orechal taking over entirely?
i heard if you negotiate your way thru GE and i see if you negotiate your way thru the Continent map you need ptomethium which is fine i just hope the tec tree does not need it when i start producing orechal since i do not have artic future goods to waste

DeletedUser3741

i heard if you negotiate your way thru GE and i see if you negotiate your way thru the Continent map you need ptomethium which is fine i just hope the tec tree does not need it when i start producing orechal since i do not have artic future goods to waste

Promethium also needed in tech tree

DeletedUser8150

Promethium in OF GE up till now....but what about from now on...just Orechalium any1 tested it?

DeletedUser5955

well i just checkec OF -P2- im disapointed - forcing players to spend FP to only get AVATARS? thats riddiculus...
why not make a tech branch with nothing in it, absoluty nothing and make it the one that has to be completed to progress more, and make it 500 fps?

i would get if those branches were bit diffrent.
instead of forcing avatars, making that culture building a MUST, and making avatars for those who wants it - a lot more sense.

DeletedUser5097

well i just checkec OF -P2- im disapointed - forcing players to spend FP to only get AVATARS? thats riddiculus...
why not make a tech branch with nothing in it, absoluty nothing and make it the one that has to be completed to progress more, and make it 500 fps?

i would get if those branches were bit diffrent.
instead of forcing avatars, making that culture building a MUST, and making avatars for those who wants it - a lot more sense.
I agree, the TT designe in that way isn't that good. Altarnative tech. is much better
for the avatars than for a normal building. It would be a good idea to swap the 2
tech. before the live release.
At least something to keep in mind, for future parts and upcoming theme futures.

===============================

Some feedback arround the turturret and the current battle ballance in OF:

The turturret is a great new unit, it works well in the OF ballance and brings us new
possibilities in strategy. The new unit is fast, but not faster than the fast units, a
good thing. The unit can tackle the crabs as it should do and the subs are
good against the turturrets when they get the chance to hit them. The subs
realy need fly instead of dug in, please Inno fix it. The eels can handle this new
challange well and are great against the turturrets as expacted in the ballance.
The crab in the another hand is weak against the turturret as expected, again.
I'm glad with this, great job of the dev. team.:) This makes the oceanic future so
far one of my favorite era. Sadly the TT in ep 2 become again a mass like AF,
but I can live with it and I'm seeing it as a result of bringing a era in parts instead
of a complete era.
So far so good, this unit is good in ballance and it's seems that the dev. team
did work it out good and probaly they tested it befor. I'm happy with this new
unit and how it works.
Also I want to said that I had it wrong, about the crabs. After some tests in Ge
they are not so bad after all. They are good against eels and subs and are
working well in battle. Even with a low range and not so great movement
they are good.
I like also to said something strange about the eel. The eel is a sea creature,
right? Well it's a strange one in battle, because it can't go in the water. Maybe
it's a sea creature that is afread for the dark, cold water? lol, just something
funny that I find out in battle.

Some overall feedback about OF (ep. 1 & 2):
Please keep in mind that I did not bassed this feedback on how
we buildings unlock. Especialy the poor choise of making avatars a
tech. that is needed and a normal culture building as altarnative
tech.:)

I love this theme, personaly I love the sea and the oceans and the
sea creatures. The tech. in the TT of this era are well chosen and
fit perfectly in this theme. The OF buildings are amazing in designe
and the idea of making cities apear as floating was a great idea.
It works very well. Also the mil. buildings how support creatures from
the deths are great. I'm having some times flash backs of ''Barraci,
creeps from the deep.'' I love how the mil. buildings fit well in the
Oceanic themed cities. Sometimes I'm thinking about the creepy
creatures of the mil. buildings leaving and diving in the water streets
of my city, without any boddy knowing about it and just waiting for
the right moment to strike.
The goodies having a great designe and the good buildings looks
so great. A bit industrial but at the same time not so industrial. Very
well designed. Also the new special good is amazing. On the internet
I find out that there is not much know about it, but that it's beliefd in
old stories that the people in Atlantis used it a lot and that it was very
common close to Atlantis. I love this new harbor and the submarine,
how is searching in the darkness of the deap sea for the special
goods.
The idea of sending mechanic sea creatures in battle was a great idea.
I love the look of the OF battlefield and how the sea creatures are
fighting in the oceanic underwater battlefields.

At the end up to this moment, every thing of OF fit perfectly in the
theme and I love it.:) It's in the same list for me as the LMA, a bit
classic era and the last with ''old'' warfare. The Modern era, a
very nice looking era with great units and a very nice battlefield.
Tomorrow, the dark cyberpunk era. Where the battles are realy
in a huge city. Nice units in this street warfare. The OF as it's now
fit in this list for me. It's just my opinion and this are just my favorite
era's.:)
I used a spoiler, because it's a bit much.:p