• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] - Oceanic Future Part 2

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Stats on the turturret?

Overall a very disappointing 2nd phase otherwise. Still no good GB in the age to give the OF goods a sense of value.

HuscarlTW

Squire
OF already has one GB. Unless you already have that one, perhaps your statement could use a revision? Something along the lines of 'Unless there's a GB that gives me FP and/or a military bonus, I don't see a reason to build it'. I'm sure that's what you meant, right?
No, I meant 'Unless there's a GB that isn't complete garbage from Oceanic, people will continue to value arctic goods more than oceanic goods.'

Because goods become sellable when there's a GB that is attractive to build.

DeletedUser5526

Any1 knows if the turturrents reach rogues on first movement? If not, is there a way to move them to avoid being mass-discovered?

DeletedUser5097

Any1 knows if the turturrents reach rogues on first movement? If not, is there a way to move them to avoid being mass-discovered?
Turturret is a new artillery unit that comes with a new skill: Mortar.
Hex fields adjacent to the target receive 50% of the full attack damage. The Turturret can deal damage up to two hex rings around the target unit.
  • Resulting damage is rounded down.
  • The attack does not damage friendly units.
  • The Critical Hit skill only applies to the primary target.
  • When a rogue is hit, no damage it dealt, but it will transform.
When a rogues is been hit, it just ignores the damage and is discoverd. When a another rogue
is in a range of 2 tiles from the target (no mater or the target is a normal unit or rague) the rogue
will been discoverd too. Just like a attack of a dragondrone how strikes and used it's dragonbreath
and hit also a rogue or the CE artil. that can hit also rague as extra target.
So basicly the answer is: Yes, when a ragou stands close enough to the target, it will been seen as
a secondary target and will been hit. When this happens it count as a normal attack on it and it
will been discoverd, so mass discovery is possible.

DeletedUser5526

When a rogues is been hit, it just ignores the damage and is discoverd. When a another rogue
is in a range of 2 tiles from the target (no mater or the target is a normal unit or rague) the rogue
will been discoverd too. Just like a attack of a dragondrone how strikes and used it's dragonbreath
and hit also a rogue or the CE artil. that can hit also rague as extra target.
So basicly the answer is: Yes, when a ragou stands close enough to the target, it will been seen as
a secondary target and will been hit. When this happens it count as a normal attack on it and it
will been discoverd, so mass discovery is possible.

Yes, that I understand, but dragons today cannot hit on first round, they do not reach the agents on first move so you can move them to ensure no 2 units can be hit at the same time. Tuturrets I think are able to reach on first round, so you won't have time to move rogues around to avoid being discovered - so it's a big difference!!

DeletedUser4256

After a couple of fights using the turtle, well, although isnt a bad unit imo so it has good range letting you hit enemies from your very first turn I'm not very impressed.
It doesnt ignore stealth and flying abilities, therefore the turturret is completely useless against eels and drones,

qaccy

Emperor
After a couple of fights using the turtle, well, although isnt a bad unit imo so it has good range letting you hit enemies on your first turn I'm not very impressed.
It doesnt ignore stealth and flying abilities, therefore the turturret is completely useless against eels and drones,

Not entirely. From my understanding, turrets just need a valid target to attack and then everything in range of it will be hit regardless of whether it has stealth or flying active. Not being able to hit stealth or flying directly...well, that goes along with the fact that eels and drones have an artillery bonus. Wouldn't make sense if turrets were good against them, would it? That does make the light unit bonus seem rather odd, but it will (presumably) make more sense once OF has a light unit of its own, which will likely not work very well against turrets.

DeletedUser4256

Not entirely. From my understanding, turrets just need a valid target to attack and then everything in range of it will be hit regardless of whether it has stealth or flying active. Not being able to hit stealth or flying directly...well, that goes along with the fact that eels and drones have an artillery bonus. Wouldn't make sense if turrets were good against them, would it? That does make the light unit bonus seem rather odd, but it will (presumably) make more sense once OF has a light unit of its own, which will likely not work very well against turrets.

indeed, but you must be lucky so you must kill the eels with those secondary weak shots as soon as possible, if not, the fight will become a nightmare if the last remaining units are eels. I've just fought 2 eels and 6 recon raiders using 1 turtle and 7 rogues and I've nearly lost the fight bcos of those 2 damn speedy eels :D
Obviously I knew my army setup wasnt the best choice in this fight, just testing :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Plasma (Arctic): 180 Attack
Turtle (Oceanic): 170 Attack

(both without any bonus)

Intended??

This comes down to balancing. The best I can do is bring it up next week so they can be sure this is the balance they want released live.

DeletedUser

Plasma (Arctic): 180 Attack
Turtle (Oceanic): 170 Attack

(both without any bonus)

Intended??
Plasma: hits one unit
turtle: hits up to 5 units in the first move and shots before battle fortresses even move

This comes down to balancing. The best I can do is bring it up next week so they can be sure this is the balance they want released live.
yes that unit needs rebalancing. it is TOO POWERFUL

Why in the world would we ever use Craps over BF???
because it ignores stealth ;)

and with a high AO and a lucky punch it can destory other OF units with one hit

Last edited by a moderator:

qaccy

Emperor
Battle Fortress reactive armor: only gets hit with 3 damage (AND STILL AFFECTS PLASMA?????)
Craps reactive armor: gets hit with 4 damage, dead in 2 hits anyway

Why in the world would we ever use Craps over BF???

First off, they're crabs. I know you're spelling it wrong on purpose to be cheeky and technically I'm spelling it wrong as well, but c'mon. Secondly, as Beta said, they're able to make use of the Orangery bonus against OF units while Fortresses cannot. They also tend to hit harder anyway, due to the (much) higher attack value they have.

However, definite weaknesses of crabs are their low range (although this does amplify their blast bonus) and the fact that Inno seems to design each age's units in an age-locked vacuum, with very little (if any) regard for interaction with units from previous ages. Take a look at how poorly AF units perform against hover tanks, especially when you're the one using hover tanks against the AI, for a great example of that. If you look at it from Inno's perspective, which is to say, ignoring all other units except what are currently available in OF, then crabs have more favorable matchups on paper than any of the OF units currently available. :)

DeletedUser5097

First off, they're crabs. I know you're spelling it wrong on purpose to be cheeky and technically I'm spelling it wrong as well, but c'mon. Secondly, as Beta said, they're able to make use of the Orangery bonus against OF units while Fortresses cannot. They also tend to hit harder anyway, due to the (much) higher attack value they have.

However, definite weaknesses of crabs are their low range (although this does amplify their blast bonus) and the fact that Inno seems to design each age's units in an age-locked vacuum, with very little (if any) regard for interaction with units from previous ages. Take a look at how poorly AF units perform against hover tanks, especially when you're the one using hover tanks against the AI, for a great example of that. If you look at it from Inno's perspective, which is to say, ignoring all other units except what are currently available in OF, then crabs have more favorable matchups on paper than any of the OF units currently available. :)
Indeed + the plasma does have blast and it's along range unit, blast will make
the attack more powerfull for each tile closer to the target, this allow plasma
to launch very powerfull attacks from a big distance. It also ignores stealth,
so why would I use a crab (or crap), when I can use a unit that can strike
wit a huge range and with blast that making the attacks extrme powerfull?
While the crab is ways too slow. Reactive armor isn't a big deal on the crab,
even with it is the crab not aible to doing the job well.
The sub cruiser doesn't need dug in, but instead fly. If they want to become
realy good against artil. now I can take them out with artil, lol. Also it doesn't
make sense that the sub does have dug in (have you seen a drone how
is diving to the ground and dug it's in?), fly makes perfectly sense and all another
units that clearly fly does have fly. So why not on the sub? If it's too fast after
testing, you can decreas it's speed, just like the dragondrone. Even while
the dragon is now too slow, in my oppinion.

DeletedUser8150

The issue looking at the new unit for me is the eel to crab. At present you can generally deal with eels with 2 hits from AF artillery. Perhaps Inno doesn't want this but it is what it is. Now if I take the new artillery: I can't hit eels. So what do I take. The Crabs have such short range the eels on most maps hang back out of their range. I can see an easy tactic of using eels hanging back and taking out crabs on R2 but i doubt that was intended. Subs are not much of an option as they generally can't see the eels either.

The new unit looks effective at dealing with rogues and perhaps havies but at present i'm not sure what else..

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I like the looks of the new unit
- lower attack than plasma not an issue, plasmas already 2 shot things they probably shouldn't (like eels) and the aoe is neat
- Not being able to see through stealth - well another buff to hover tanks, but it's probably good we get away from every artillery seeing through stealth
- They'll make a good artillery for DAs in All Ages map - firing early and popping multiple rogues. only need a couple to handle the rogue popping and can mix in other stuff to make sure you inflict losses.

piohh

Baronet
The new Turturret is great as he is. You need to change your strategy in fights, you cant use longer your wall strategy ot to close each others in fights but now the Turturrent don't ignore stealth and can only hit your flying or stealth units if you use to mush Rogues in your selected army.

qaccy

Emperor
Indeed + the plasma does have blast and it's along range unit, blast will make
the attack more powerfull for each tile closer to the target, this allow plasma
to launch very powerfull attacks from a big distance. It also ignores stealth,
so why would I use a crab (or crap), when I can use a unit that can strike
wit a huge range and with blast that making the attacks extrme powerfull?
While the crab is ways too slow. Reactive armor isn't a big deal on the crab,
even with it is the crab not aible to doing the job well.
The sub cruiser doesn't need dug in, but instead fly. If they want to become
realy good against artil. now I can take them out with artil, lol. Also it doesn't
make sense that the sub does have dug in (have you seen a drone how
is diving to the ground and dug it's in?), fly makes perfectly sense and all another
units that clearly fly does have fly. So why not on the sub? If it's too fast after
testing, you can decreas it's speed, just like the dragondrone. Even while
the dragon is now too slow, in my oppinion.

Agreed on the points about the sub. A 'flying' unit that gets no reduced movement cost on any type of terrain, and can't even cross water! A unit doesn't even have to be flying to do either of those - hover tanks can cross water and nearly every vehicle unit has reduced movement costs when crossing things like swamps and barbed wire. What this means is that on some maps it almost feels like subs are immobile because they're only able to move 3 or 4 squares in a turn out of a possible 7.

DeletedUser5630

Any changes to quests rewards or stil entering oceanic future will effect loosing any Chateau sense?