• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] - Oceanic Future Part 2

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8150

For OF Part 2 you need only 600 and after you research Deep Sea Exploration you need only Orichalcum, why you think you need more Promethium for Part 3?

Well we will se on the tech tree - but i tended to suspect inno might mix those goods up even after the next hub for part 3 - Either way GE will suck it up if you negotiate.You can easily spend 60 on 8 or so negotiationsso I imagine people whonegotiate the whole of part 4 must used plenty more

qaccy

Emperor
For me it looks like a bug. Mortar should have same rules as any other multi-target abilities and target only those who can be hit as primary target (ie missile artillery secondary attacks cant hit flying units). That means mortar shoudnt be able to target stealth and flying units. Currently that makes this unit out of balance.

You'd think so, but because of how the ability's actually applied to those units in range, it's not quite as devastating or imbalanced as you'd think (or as I originally thought, for that matter). Armored units have their armor applied first, meaning an affected Assault Tank, Hover Tank, and C.R.A.B. will only take 2 damage from Mortar and a Battle Fortress will only take 1. A Behemoth's force field also leads to dealing only 1 or 2 damage per hit. Even against unarmored units, since the unit's defenses are applied to that 50% attack, you're lucky to see 3 damage being dealt to each affected target. And of course, you can use exclusively stealth/flying units to render the turrets completely unable to attack. Plasmas can at least hit stealth, so in that regard turrets are actually easier to deal with. But mainly it's learning how the turtles' attack actually works that got me to see they're really not as game-breaking as I originally thought. Compared to CE artillery, they can attack more than once and have no target limit but have a damage penalty on most of it.

DeletedUser5160

@Zarok Dai

Finally able to do some testing on the Live servers and noticed when upgrading the crew, the negative effects they have (increased time, increased damage, decreased Oric returns) increase instead of decrease when you level. This is a 180 compared to the previous age where the boons increased and the banes decreased.... what was their reason for this?

SirSmithy

Squire
@Zarok Dai

Finally able to do some testing on the Live servers and noticed when upgrading the crew, the negative effects they have (increased time, increased damage, decreased Oric returns) increase instead of decrease when you level. This is a 180 compared to the previous age where the boons increased and the banes decreased.... what was their reason for this?

I recognized this as well. I think this is a rude bug in the system... @Zarok Dai, can you please clarify this with the development team?

DeletedUser8150

Don't know if its just me but I've been able to pick the same crew if not every single day then all but one day. Crew selection isn't any decision at all. Agree on the negatives/positive of crew skills is odd but I assumed intended...

DeletedUser7779

That's really odd....I only noticed that the guy who gives 3 Oric at lvl 1 gives the same amount (3) on level 2. But decrease of the return just doesn't make sense. :mad:

qaccy

Emperor
That's really odd....I only noticed that the guy who gives 3 Oric at lvl 1 gives the same amount (3) on level 2. But decrease of the return just doesn't make sense. :mad:

It's not the positives decreasing. It's that when OF crew members level up, unlike with the AF crew, the bonuses and negatives BOTH increase as opposed to the bonuses going up and the negatives going down.

Is this going to be swept under the rug? ....

Lack of response doesn't necessarily mean it's being ignored. Remember that forum staff are only a middleman between us and the developers.

DeletedUser5160

It's not the positives decreasing. It's that when OF crew members level up, unlike with the AF crew, the bonuses and negatives BOTH increase as opposed to the bonuses going up and the negatives going down.

Lack of response doesn't necessarily mean it's being ignored. Remember that forum staff are only a middleman between us and the developers.
Right, and when the middleman doesn't acknowledge or respond, it is swept under the rug because we don't find out of they talked to the devs about our concerns just like the Summer Event.

DeletedUser

So here is what I know at this time about the submarine crew members.
It is intended that when you level a crew member up, that while one stat may improve, 1 or more others may actually get worse. For example if the Orichalcum return increases, other stats may get worse. In this case the thought would be if you are bringing back more of the resource, that there will be a detriment for this gain.
I will bring this up to see if game design can take another look at it.
Thanks,
Your friendly neighborhood middleman :D

qaccy

Emperor
It is intended that when you level a crew member up, that while one stat may improve, 1 or more others may actually get worse. For example if the Orichalcum return increases, other stats may get worse. In this case the thought would be if you are bringing back more of the resource, that there will be a detriment for this gain.
Thanks,

Thanks for the response. I guess the follow-up question in this regard would be why the design changed between the Oceanic crew and the Arctic crew. For Arctic, the crew members got all-around better when they levelled up...which makes sense, given that it requires using that crew member consistently and that it requires goods to level them up, plus the fact that it's an 'upgrade'. However, with how the Oceanic levelling works...some analysis may be required since I'm sure it doesn't all scale linearly, but is there even a point to levelling up the crew members this time? That it's even up for consideration tells me that this may be a misstep here, given the fact that levelling up still requires goods so doing so should be worth that cost, no questions asked.

DeletedUser5160

Thanks,
That doesn't make sense though.

The point of leveling up is that you get better. Take for example the more damage for more promethium. When I level up a crewman and I take 1 more damage for 1 more promethium, that trade is not worth it and I see no point in leveling them. This then defeats the system you all try to go with for improving members when no one wants to improve....

DeletedUser

So that is a no from the devs? :/ They've had at least 2 weeks.

There will be info I will be announcing as the content is ready to release, but I'm not saying anything until then :p

DeletedUser5160

There will be info I will be announcing as the content is ready to release, but I'm not saying anything until then :p

But then that just leads me to believe that Inno will just have an increased pool of crewman that might have better growths that the ones we currently have and refresh to get them....

Lionhead

Baronet
I´m told that on live server, Orichalcum is required for GE negotiation in OF1. Personally I don´t do much negotiating in GE, so I can´t recall if that was the case here.
Does anybody have a better memory than me?