• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] - Oceanic Future Part 2

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser7829

Turturret seems nice combined with Rail Gun in the army defending your city. Just put 2 TT to reveal all the rogues and let the 6 RG destroy everything without exception. Also, 160 is a great value of defense, working well with the usual 300-400-500% of defence bonus.
There are a lot of units in the game which have a specific purpose, they are useful only in particular situations. Do you want 4-5 units per era which are the "universal unit" like the anti-aircraft vehicle?

The concept seems nice to me, unfortunately I can't test the balance of the attack and defence bnous since I'm not in OF.

qaccy

Emperor
The turret seems to be very anti-rogue, especially if it's got a high initiative value. Unfortunately, it's also going to be fairly devastating against non-rogues as well. Being able to deal anywhere from 1-38 damage in a single attack is not only an incredible damage range, but anything higher than 10 is generally unattainable by any other unit besides the dragon drone and the missile artillery...except the drone has to be in a line (and maneuver over to it) and the missile can only fire once per battle. It works both ways I think - you'll be able to make short work of some opposing armies by blasting them all down before you've even completed your first turn, but I kinda shudder to think of facing 4+ of them at a time in later GE rounds, especially if they're paired with something like crabs or behemoths.

Lionhead

Baronet
I admit I have only very quickly browsed through the Bugs Forum, but didn´t really find a headline covering this:

On GE, lvl 1 you usually get 1 unattached unit before the major Meetings. Today I saw one of those, at least grafically, hand me 2 x Turturrets.

http://prntscr.com/f7fg11

Is this intended behaviour, or is this just a grafical glitch. I hadn´t counted my unattached Turturrets before, so can´t say if I actually got the 2.
Can someone clarify this?

DeletedUser5097

Sounds like the turtle is going to be nerfed from the replies here. ;) Get your fun out of it while you can!
I don't hope so, it's easy to fight against the turturret.xd People just don't think and
now the almost always winning 7rogue 1 unit isn't working they cry for Inno to make
the strategy working again.:p
The turret seems to be very anti-rogue, especially if it's got a high initiative value. Unfortunately, it's also going to be fairly devastating against non-rogues as well. Being able to deal anywhere from 1-38 damage in a single attack is not only an incredible damage range, but anything higher than 10 is generally unattainable by any other unit besides the dragon drone and the missile artillery...except the drone has to be in a line (and maneuver over to it) and the missile can only fire once per battle. It works both ways I think - you'll be able to make short work of some opposing armies by blasting them all down before you've even completed your first turn, but I kinda shudder to think of facing 4+ of them at a time in later GE rounds, especially if they're paired with something like crabs or behemoths.
Searching for something that can beat turturret like childplay? Get ready:
- All stealth units, you can't strike what you can't see (except the rg and plasma, they hit what ever they want).
- Stealthtank, hovertank, eel, (behomoth is the exception, too slow)
- Everything that fly (what you did said)
- Attack helicoptors, drones, drone swarms and dragons (Inno, realy the sub need fly, I'm not giving it up to said it)
- Reconraiders, super fast units killing off half armies before they can strike, turturrets are no exception

So that are a lot of units, it's only silly to use rogue if you know that they put your victory in danger when your
facing turturrets.xd So now the units how can still beat turturrets with damage:

- Turturrets itself, yeah you fight fire with fire, when you have 8 turturrets you can strike faster than
your foes. Just strike the turturrets before they can hit you and your good to go.
- Plasma, the one how burns everything down, when it survived the turturrets they burn them down
- Strike team, the best of 2 worlds, they strike before the turturrets can doing something, landing close to them, hide
and strike. When they are unaible to strike the turturret they can hide and wait untill the turturret comes for it's death.

Was all this so hard?:p Man this are in total 7 units how are super effective against turturrets and 3 units how are
doing it well against turturret. So total stats 10 units how can handle the job. That are more units than can handle
the RG back in the days (only tomorrow drones, sometimes drone swarms and recon raiders) when they had a
strong armor.

So at the happy end, why would Inno nerf this unit, if players can think and use out of at least 7 super effective
units and 3 units how are doing it well in a non rogue army against turturret?:D Yeah the crabs can't doing
much against turturret, but wake up the turturret is suppost to be super effective against heavy and crabs
are that. The subs are simply given the wrong skill (dug in insteald of fly). I hope this explains how you can
win battles against turturrets like child play.xd
For example I won even the last battles in GE lvl 4 against the turturrets with a bonus of 210% or 250%? Not sure
how much it was, but I have only 50%> / 30% and that without anny lose. If you want the prove of it, I did make
photo's of it so I can show it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4256

On OF two wave fights the turtle is not as good as one could expect. Only is effective against CRABs and maybe the light OF unit to come
However turtles can be a nightmare on AA GvG map for the lower era players when face them and those who are used to the 1/2+6/7 rogue setup

DeletedUser8150

I wondered if thats what will happen. TTs for GvG but AF Art+BP for GE...

qaccy

Emperor
I don't hope so, it's easy to fight against the turturret.xd People just don't think and
now the almost always winning 7rogue 1 unit isn't working they cry for Inno to make
the strategy working again.:p

Searching for something that can beat turturret like childplay? Get ready:
- All stealth units, you can't strike what you can't see (except the rg and plasma, they hit what ever they want).
- Stealthtank, hovertank, eel, (behomoth is the exception, too slow)
- Everything that fly (what you did said)
- Attack helicoptors, drones, drone swarms and dragons (Inno, realy the sub need fly, I'm not giving it up to said it)
- Reconraiders, super fast units killing off half armies before they can strike, turturrets are no exception

So that are a lot of units, it's only silly to use rogue if you know that they put your victory in danger when your
facing turturrets.xd So now the units how can still beat turturrets with damage:

- Turturrets itself, yeah you fight fire with fire, when you have 8 turturrets you can strike faster than
your foes. Just strike the turturrets before they can hit you and your good to go.
- Plasma, the one how burns everything down, when it survived the turturrets they burn them down
- Strike team, the best of 2 worlds, they strike before the turturrets can doing something, landing close to them, hide
and strike. When they are unaible to strike the turturret they can hide and wait untill the turturret comes for it's death.

Was all this so hard?:p Man this are in total 7 units how are super effective against turturrets and 3 units how are
doing it well against turturret. So total stats 10 units how can handle the job. That are more units than can handle
the RG back in the days (only tomorrow drones, sometimes drone swarms and recon raiders) when they had a
strong armor.

So at the happy end, why would Inno nerf this unit, if players can think and use out of at least 7 super effective
units and 3 units how are doing it well in a non rogue army against turturret?:D Yeah the crabs can't doing
much against turturret, but wake up the turturret is suppost to be super effective against heavy and crabs
are that. The subs are simply given the wrong skill (dug in insteald of fly). I hope this explains how you can
win battles against turturrets like child play.xd
For example I won even the last battles in GE lvl 4 against the turturrets with a bonus of 210% or 250%? Not sure
how much it was, but I have only 50%> / 30% and that without anny lose. If you want the prove of it, I did make
photo's of it so I can show it.

The thing isn't what can beat turturrets, it's what can beat turturrets while still having a chance against other units as well. Most of the units you named are in ages far below AF, and would get torn to shreds by virtually all other available units. Most battles do not contain a single type of unit, which is what makes things complicated (and I alluded to in my post). Turrets can't hit stealth directly, but other units can...like crabs, subs (with retaliation), plasma, fast units in general and the dragon drone can close the distance to strike them (and the drone won't take retaliation either). An additional wrinkle is the fact that, although turrets can't hit flying/stealth units directly, they CAN hit them with their mortar ability. If you're using a mix of units, not even including rogues, the turret can target them unless they're all flying and/or stealthed and then the mortar effect can hit your 'safe' units as well.

So for it being 'childplay' to take out turrets in a world where only turrets exist, you seem to have forgotten that you'll be facing many units at once to go along with them, especially in later two-wave GE battles. Most of your proposed 'solutions' would not fare very well there.

DeletedUser5097

The thing isn't what can beat turturrets, it's what can beat turturrets while still having a chance against other units as well. Most of the units you named are in ages far below AF, and would get torn to shreds by virtually all other available units. Most battles do not contain a single type of unit, which is what makes things complicated (and I alluded to in my post). Turrets can't hit stealth directly, but other units can...like crabs, subs (with retaliation), plasma, fast units in general and the dragon drone can close the distance to strike them (and the drone won't take retaliation either). An additional wrinkle is the fact that, although turrets can't hit flying/stealth units directly, they CAN hit them with their mortar ability. If you're using a mix of units, not even including rogues, the turret can target them unless they're all flying and/or stealthed and then the mortar effect can hit your 'safe' units as well.

So for it being 'childplay' to take out turrets in a world where only turrets exist, you seem to have forgotten that you'll be facing many units at once to go along with them, especially in later two-wave GE battles. Most of your proposed 'solutions' would not fare very well there.
Now we are getting to something.:) You kind of pointed out that the turturrret is out of ballance, but now I read
that the turturet itself isn't it, but the crabs, dragons, subs and plasma (plasma is indeed a bit overpowerd)
how are in the same team. Seems that it's not the turturret itself or the ballance, but more a leak of
enough strategy and too low attack gb's, don't forget that in GE the strongest armies of the complete
game are there especialy the lvl4 GE, about what we are talking now. That's a another kind of a
problem than unit ballance in general. GE is not a walk in the park, unlike the GvG (you will face
at the worst 75% stronger armies, not 200%>) or PvP (60% more attack power in defence is
already much lol) and especialy the lvl4 GE.
Alright so your problem is basicly that you don't know how to defeat a mixed army, in GE
lvl4 oceanic future at some point? Oh well if it is a mixed army it seems that the turturret
is far from the core of the problem, please ask in this topic for the sollution of your problem,
it's not a ballance problem;) This is a good example why you could ask for strategy instead
of thinking that if you can't defeat a army that a unit is out of ballance:
Does anyone have an idea how to beat battle #43 in OF2?

1st wave: 2 turtles, 2 sub, 2 eels, 2 dragons
2nd wave: 1 turtle, 2 sub, 2 eels, 1 dragon

my battle bonuses are 164%/92% when my tavern bonus is activated; Orangery is at level 6.
Not sure or it will work out, but tried with 8 eels? Use a lot of stealth on your
eels and try to take out the dragons and subs at first. Dragons because they
can strike more eels at once and subs because they strike back. It can be
very tricky.
This worked out perfectly, thanks!
one more thing - after killing the dragons and subs, try to take out the eels as long as the enemy does not move them into the bushes.
This is a example of a GE mixed army. So do you see, it's not a ballance
problem.:)
You don't have to shame you when you simply don't know how to deal with a challanche,
players can help each other out of it and this isn't a ballance problem, simpy a situation where
you don't know how to deal with some armies. I had the same in the last AF map and later
on some guild members, but with the right strategy and attack bonusses there is no army
that can prevent your victory.
I hope for you that you will find out that it's not a ballance problem, but that you simply
need a strategy and attack gb's. By the way it's not personal, I just want to help you out
with this so your aible to defeat the GE armies.:)

DeletedUser7779

A little late with this question but i just tested the turtles on live ;)
The mortar skill is supposed to do 50% of the primary damage(rounded down) to adjacent targets according to the announcement, right?
I observed the following:

I hit a plasma and did 4 damage. So adjacent troops should have gotten 2, right? But only 1 damage was dealt. This happened a few times already. Surrounding targets were always BFs, or at least I noticed this behavior on them. Cannot confirm yet if this is also happening with other units.

Any reason behind this or is it a bug?

Edit: i just tested this a few more times and looks like it happens not only to BFs. Sometimes the surrounding damage is correct, but sometimes not.
Example: dealt 6 damage to primary target. So was expecting 3 to all surrounding units. Observed: some got 3 but others only 2 damage. Why is this not consistent? Does it depend also on something else not mentioned in the announcement or is it a bug?

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
@zwucki 50% of the attack is applied to the rest of the units in the specified hex area, not 50% of the damage dealt to the specified unit. :)

DeletedUser7779

@Darkstar
Ah!! Okay, that explains a lot. Announcement said attack damage, so I thought it was just the damage. Thanks for the clarification :)

DeletedUser7529

An additional wrinkle is the fact that, although turrets can't hit flying/stealth units directly, they CAN hit them with their mortar ability.
For me it looks like a bug. Mortar should have same rules as any other multi-target abilities and target only those who can be hit as primary target (ie missile artillery secondary attacks cant hit flying units). That means mortar shoudnt be able to target stealth and flying units. Currently that makes this unit out of balance.

Just left the harbor sitting for 2 freaking days because I didn't know it was done producing and it's on the extreme edge of the screen and doesn't give any notification like every other building in this game. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: I'm also irritated that the crew I spent thousands of AF goods leveling up didn't get to come with me for OF, so I guess that just tells me I shouldn't bother leveling up this troop either. Just get the octorocks and let it die forever. Two useless features.

DeletedUser5429

Just left the harbor sitting for 2 freaking days because I didn't know it was done producing and it's on the extreme edge of the screen and doesn't give any notification like every other building in this game. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: I'm also irritated that the crew I spent thousands of AF goods leveling up didn't get to come with me for OF, so I guess that just tells me I shouldn't bother leveling up this troop either. Just get the octorocks and let it die forever. Two useless features.
I fully agree.
Spending thousands of goods to get prometheum avails to nothing.
You just need some prometheum to research techs, some for GE, and that's all.
I guess orichalcum is going to be the same, so I'll get some, and then I won't use the harbour anymore.

DeletedUser8150

You just need some prometheum to research techs, some for GE, and that's all.
I guess orichalcum is going to be the same, so I'll get some, and then I won't use the harbour anymore.

Given the full tech tree, and assuming you intend to negotiate the latter part of lvl 4 GE you'll need many 1000s.

DeletedUser5429

Well, I have 10 000 prometheum left.
The next eras will have to need a lot of prometheum for me to run short.

piohh

Baronet
I have only 60 Promethium left and I will only produce more if I need it.

For OF Part 2 you need only 600 and after you research Deep Sea Exploration you need only Orichalcum, why you think you need more Promethium for Part 3?