• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] Changelog 1.60 - Part #2 - The New Messaging System

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date
Just wanted to say that I liked the way you could read the first two lines of a message in the Messages list. I do not like the way it is placing the people who have left the conversation there now. I do not care about who left a conversation, I care about the first two lines of a conversation. It is great for reminders.

DeletedUser4327

When in a GB i used to be able to click on anyone's mail and get access to the mail system. Now it takes me to an existing convo with whatever player I click on. I need to be able to send mail out to anyone I want from any screen.

Vanstrodb

Farmer
My mailbox is full of "Group Messages" with text "player left the conversation". I have to open every message just to see what it is about!!! Unacceptable!

DeletedUser4327

My mailbox is full of "Group Messages" with text "player left the conversation". I have to open every message just to see what it is about!!! Unacceptable!

I hate that, I am assuming people would use a delete function if it where available instead. But for now it is just plain annoying and somewhat rude. It's like getting hung up on multiple times a day. If this makes it's way to live servers as is I think I will seriously reconsider my role in this game.

DeletedUser6826

I don't like the new messaging system. It's very difficult to read and it's backwards, what's very confusing. Also you have to click allot before you can leave the mail. (at first it was only the bin, witch I prefer) I think the mail was perfect the way it was...

DeletedUser6788

I agree with everyone that complains about "player left the conversation" and I also miss the outbox where I could easely see old messages I sent.

DeletedUser5800

Sadly I think we are wasting our words. They seem incapable of creating something that actually works as desired by the players. They appear to be clueless about what makes this game enjoyable to play and the improvements that would increase the enjoyment. The fact that the response we had from an Inngomes employee which was greatly appreciated but it totally ignored the background colour/brightness issue, as they did for the new quest interface after many including myself raised it shows a glimpse of their arrogance and belief that all they do is perfect and beyond question.

Something as simple as improving the colour/brightness of the background to make it easier on the eyes to read is obviously of no consequence to them and probably the person behind the design is to full of their own self importance and creativity to realise or care that a user interface that causes eye strain for many is another example of poor workmanship from Innogames. This product is rapidly going downhill and I only hope the momentum isn't so great it can't be stopped.

DeletedUser5791

Changes in message innovation - please make it, many players are annoyed.

1. if i want to delete a message, i need to click 3 times. that is a waste of time and energy. please, instead of "leave" button, but there an info who "left the conversation" button, and who wants to see the list of people who left it, will see it. Dont write xxx left the conversation, blabler11 left the conversation, that is not necessary to know in the list.

2. Rather put there "READ" button right in the message - BEFORE EVEN OPENING IT (!), so..on the top of the panel of the message so someone can delete it or mark as "READ" with no need to open it.

put there also the "DELETE" button... Also on the top - BEFORE OPENING THE MESSAGE.

3. a difference in the color of the read and the unread messages would be important. just slightly different shade.
The colour could be a bit darker than yellow as it is now.

4. make possible to delete a concrete players from already established Guild message, cos if someone leaves the Guild, can be deleted from the Message.

thank you ....

DeletedUser

I realy don't like the new system.
i think you just can't convert all messages to group messages.
i can't see who wrote the last comment in the mail,
please convert back to the old mail system, and concentrate on the real bugs.

a total confusion -
I want the old system back!!!

DeletedUser5791

basically:
1. DELETE BUTTON JUST WITH ONE CLICK PLEASE!!!!!
2. IF YOU START WITH THIS TERRIBLE MESSAGING BOARD, I WILL QUIT THE GAME, I PROMISE. I WILL AT LEAST NOT COMMUNICATE! THAT IS TERRIBLE WHAT YOU WANNA DO, TERRIBLE MESSAGING!
3. KNOWING WHO LEFT THE CONVERSATION ETC ETC, EVERY PERSON, WHY?????
4. OPENING IS SLOW SLOW SLOW, COMPARING TO THE OLD ONE WHICHWAS FASTER!!
5. MAKE THE OLD ONE, BUT ADD JUST POSSIBILITY TO SEE IF IT WAS READ BY THE PERSON YU WROTE TO, AND THERE COULD BE A LITTLE BUTTON TO SEE WHO LEFT THE CONVERSATION IF SOMEONE WANT TO SEE IT, BUT SOMEWHERE ASIDE, A LITTLE BUTTON, NOT MORE. NOT TO THE CONVERSATION WINDOW!!!!!
6. DONT WRITE HOW MANY PEOPLE ANSWERED, NO NEED TO KNOW THIS....
7. THIS IS HORRIBLE, PUT BACK THE OLD ONE WITH JUST A LITTLE IMPROVEMENTS AND NOT THIS!!!

DeletedUser4846

My opinion on the New Messaging system (hard to give proper feedback on an incomplete feature...):
1) I noticed was not being able to tell who is apart of a conversation, having come to the forums though I'm happy that it'll be added.
2) I had real trouble working out how to delete a conversation (well leave a conversation). Hopefully the reference to "Ignore functionality" includes the ability to leave a conversation, delete a conversation (but remain in one for future responses) as well as being able to ignore players and no longer receive conversations/messages from them.
3) I like that individuals can now leave conversations without having to start threads again, but as mentioned before without a "delete but remain" option it's very messy. Also the message regarding who has left is fine but perhaps it shouldn't show up when you are "browsing" your messages, only when actually reading the conversation.
4) I like that messages are now ordered from the top down, I understand why it opens to the last message in the thread but I personally would like it more if it opened at the start even if I have to keep scrolling to see new messages (this way I can see any really important stuff in the opening message then scroll though responses). So I wouldn't expect that to change but still my opinion on what would be nice.

Overall, some good things but certainly more work required (as it's incomplete that seems obvious). I'd be able to get used to the new layout and don't personally have a problem with the color scheme (I'm not too picky there). I look forward to seeing the finished message system, please don't let us down. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4856

Losing messages, finding the message adding a new line to the message to bump it to the front of the messages, then losing it again. Sorry to be so negative but i cannot see past this.

talamanta

Baronet
Pathfinder
And finally has an extra ''good'' ....
broke the record negative messages in forums
I hope to give serious consideration the comments

DeletedUser6830

Please I prefer the old message center..the new is too confuse too bad too compliqued ..nobody wants to use this new message center please dont' used the new on FOE please

DeletedUser4513

Fully aggree: Most anoying having the message box full of xxxleft the conversation. Can't find my 'LB chain', which normally would be on the first page on top, because used most recently.

1: Too many clicks necessary to get rid of a message
3. I don't want to know who left the conversation, or at least should not change message order!
6. Fully agree: This feature has no benefit!

The new HMI is not in line with the rest, where text is always white on brown. When playing in the dark the white on brown is softer for the eyes.

Good: I have 5 messages in the window instead of ony 4

DeletedUser5902

Using the "Leave" feature of the new message system is inconsiderate. I won't use it and I'm trying to get the rest of my guild to stop using it, too. Today I sent this message to my guild:
I have a request of all. Please stop leaving conversations, especially "conversations" that are no longer active. Why are you leaving these conversations? I must assume you are leaving a conversation to clean up your inbox -- to remove the clutter of messages you don't want at the top of your inbox. But when you do, you add clutter to the top of the inbox of every guild member. It is not very considerate. If you do not leave a message, it will fall to the bottom of your messages and eventually (in 60 days) disapear. So unless it is a recurring message (like the endless FP threads) please be considerate of all and stop leaving conversations.

Tanmay11

Regent
Using the "Leave" feature of the new message system is inconsiderate. I won't use it and I'm trying to get the rest of my guild to stop using it, too. Today I sent this message to my guild:
i agree with you but ive noticed the more mails i have it takes more time to load...so i ended up leaving 15 pages of mails!

podkap1970

Emperor
the major problem of the new system is, the old bugs from old mail system did carry over, and thats the biggest problem for me

you read all new mails, go to GvG map, and the mail is blinking again, of course there are no new mails
fix this !, thats the most importent bug, since winter patch december 2013, thats when you broke the mail system
terrible

DeletedUser4229

I said earlier that I like the 'Leave the conversation' option. I still do, however, now it leads to another problem. Every single leave is put in the converstion list as if it is a contribution to the thread. I only have leave-messages in my first pages of the overview at the moment. :(
So please, change that. A Leave is not a contribution to the thread, so should not be shown in the first messages-screen. (it is good to show a leave in the thread itself, but not in the overview-screen.