• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] Changelog 1.60 - Part #2 - The New Messaging System

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser6489

and seriously...the message icon is still not flashing when there is a new message except when you first log in...this is really bad especially for those that use messaging to alert Guild members that something is going on like being under attack and needing Guildies to arrive to break sieges... WHY? please fix this issue

DeletedUser5608

i find it very difficult to sort through messages which no longer have an extract of the last message, nor any indication of the message DATE in the message center. All the messages look the same and no way to delete them or tidy up the message box without opening them one by one to discover what they were about, when they were written or who was involved in that particular conversation. Of course, after i have been through this laborious process, i could then choose to 'leave' each message individually - causing more annoyance and irritation for everyone else who was receiving this particular thread

you can see a typical example on the attached screen shot. And what is the '2' supposed to indicate on the second message? certainly doesn't refer to the number of messages in the thread and previously the numbers indicated. The first 4 messages only contain one message post, whereas the bottom thread has 4 messages posted within it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-09-21 at 14.43.27.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-09-21 at 14.43.27.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 21

DeletedUser

I'd be quite happy with a clickable address group wherein I could determine who is still in the group (cut and paste for next time) and who has chosen to leave the group (DON'T include them next time.)

Tanmay11

Regent
And what is the '2' supposed to indicate on the second message? certainly doesn't refer to the number of messages in the thread and previously the numbers indicated. The first 4 messages only contain one message post, whereas the bottom thread has 4 messages posted within it.

it indicates number of new posts in a thread after u read and closed ur mailbox

DeletedUser

May we have some feedback from the peeps asking for feedback?
I mean the devs/designer/Inno i.e. someone who knows what they are talking about and may/or may not share a tad of understanding about their customers concerns. Thank you.

DeletedUser5429

I mean the devs/designer/Inno i.e. someone who knows what they are talking about
Well, that's part of the problem: they do not it seems.
and may/or may not share a tad of understanding about their customers concerns. Thank you.
And that's also part of the problem: they do not care.

And yet, how I would be glad to be proven to be wrong! :(

DeletedUser

Ok first, This thread has been responded to by Inno staff, more than once, starting with our very own Bryfft here.
And as he stated, this system will not be reverted back to the old system as the new system is compatible with the apps and the old system is not.
So with that knowledge our efforts here would be better spent on constructive ideas for improvements to make the new system something we can all use and enjoy.
From all of the feedback you have provided, and what I would personally like to see, here is what I think is a reasonable list of improvements to this system that we could pass on to the dev team.

1. We need message headers and time/date stamps in the main message window.
2. The Leave function is NOT an acceptable alternative to a Delete function. They can have the Leave function for use in group messages, but we need an actual Delete. This is a must in my opinion.
3. The in-thread messages generated by the Leave function are obnoxious. You all have said it, and I couldn't agree more. At least an option for players to turn off the notifications would be nice.
4. A recipients list on hover over for group messages.
5. An option to change the order of messages in the view would be nice, wishful thinking maybe, but nice.
6. The aesthetics. Ok this one is a bit subjective. I personally don't have an issue with the background color or the font set, but I admit I play on a large monitor, and it is much more abrasive on smaller monitors from what I have seen. So I think if they darkened the background just a couple of shades, so the color tone is a bit warmer, I think it would be much more visually pleasing. I also think if they just added a little 'weight' to the font set it would be much more readable. I'm not suggesting bold, but just a slightly heavier font.

I will stop there for now. Of course there are other things I could add, but I think this is an achievable list of goals and would greatly improve the existing system. But alas dear players, I am but a lowly Admin ;)
Anyway, if this list seems reasonable to all of you, this is the one I will support to the higher ups, and have the CM include in our weekly reports.
Thanks all, and as always, keep up the great feedback,
ZD

DeletedUser5429

I will stop there for now. Of course there are other things I could add, but I think this is an achievable list of goals and would greatly improve the existing system.
Anyway, if this list seems reasonable to all of you, this is the one I will support to the higher ups, and have the CM include in our weekly reports.
ZD
I fully, warmly and heartily agree to this list which would be a great step towards a useable messaging system! :eek:

Miepie

Baronet
7. We need the ability to add players to a discussion, at least for leaders, founders, otherwise we still have to start new threads every time a new member joins

DeletedUser6021

I was hoping after reading the general consensus on the new messaging system that you would go back to the old one. The new one absolutely SUCKS!!!!!!!

DeletedUser

7. We need the ability to add players to a discussion, at least for leaders, founders, otherwise we still have to start new threads every time a new member joins

I am going to add this to my list, though I don't think it should be limited to founders/leaders as that assumes that only players in guilds will want create or be in group messages, and I think players without guilds will use this ability as well.

DeletedUser

I was hoping after reading the general consensus on the new messaging system that you would go back to the old one. The new one absolutely SUCKS!!!!!!!

As I pointed out in my earlier post, Bryfft had previously posted, and I reiterated, we will not be going back to the old system. But it doesn't mean we can't improve this one until it's even better :)

DeletedUser

You could improve it to retain your app mechanics of which Inno is so proud, by tweaking the colours to make them more user friendly... then... add back in the functionality of the old system. Which in a nutshell is roughly what you are proposing to relay to the developers ;)

DeletedUser3873

As I pointed out in my earlier post, Bryfft had previously posted, and I reiterated, we will not be going back to the old system. But it doesn't mean we can't improve this one until it's even better :)

But, it's not even better. It stinks. How do you see who the message is to? To delete a message, you have to pull each one up, vs. in the old one, you could delete them from just the headers.

DeletedUser

But, it's not even better. It stinks. How do you see who the message is to? To delete a message, you have to pull each one up, vs. in the old one, you could delete them from just the headers.

I was saying it can be better if we provide the feedback I suggested to help improve it.

Listen everyone, myself and everyone here is aware you all don't like the new system, and I don't blame you as the system is not functioning the way it will be when it's improved (this is why we call Beta a test server). But the way to get it improved is for all of us to make the effort to try to give feedback that will make it better, which is exactly what I was trying to do in my earlier post.

I have the ability to get your feedback passed up to the people that matter, but linking them to a thread of nothing but negative observations without clear recommendations as to what you all feel will help I don't think is going to accomplish anything.

All I did was offer what I felt was a good first step of core improvements, in a simple list, that we can pass on to the devs.
So I leave the choice to all of you. We can either just continue the feedback as it has been and I will try to take what I can to the higher ups, or we can at least agree that the list I suggested is a good place to start to make some significant improvements, so I can make every effort to get it listened to.

DeletedUser6832

The new system takes a flawed but adequate system and makes it infinitely worse bordering on unusable.

DeletedUser5902

Fix the "Leave" option

I belong to an awesome guild. But due to a well documented, serious flaw in the new message system I gave notice to my guild leaders that I may need to play without a guild for awhile. Yesterday everyone in our guild received, at the top of their inbox, 5 pages of messages: “Player-XYZ left the Conversation” One of our members decided to tidy up his inbox by deleting the messages he did not want to keep. But of course the delete button has been replaced by the Leave button. So every one of his deleted messages was bumped up to clutter our inboxes. We are presented with somewhat of a prisoner’s dilemma. Do you put up with the clutter and hope such spamming does not continue so the unwanted messages expire in 60 days, or do you get rid of them by spamming everyone else? I refuse to spam my guildmates. And I’m sorry but I really don’t like it when I get spammed. I do not blame anyone who just wants to delete a message and has no other recourse. The fault is in the system. The fix is simple. Either give us back a delete option or change the “Leave” option to stop spamming everyone’s inbox. I'm about to leave my mates from around the world to be a lone wolf until you do. I wish I believed you would.

DeletedUser

I already suggested fixing the 'Leave' function, although I admit I didn't quite explain it as far as you did.... but it's on the list, that's what matters :)

DeletedUser

Word Wrapping and Group Addresses

I'd also like to narrow the editing box a bit, such that it exactly matches the effective width of the displayed messages, which always have a portrait in either the left or right gutter. The editing is already wysiwyg, which is wonderful for tabular information, but it would be nice if the word wrapping were also exactly as it will be when the message is displayed.

The space just to the right of the editing box, in lieu of the portrait, would be a splendid location for some Group Address functionality, including:
  • A "Leave Group" button. I don't need to know nor want to know who left the original group.
  • A scrollable list of current Group Addressees,
    with a copy button or the ability to highlight and copy the current names.
  • A input box that would allow the Original Poster to add names to the Group Addressees.
  • If the address list was generated by using the "Add All Guild Members" button
  • - The guild officers should also be able to add names to the Group Addressees.
  • - New guild members should be automatically added and removed guild members should be automatically removed, as is currently the case with the Elvenar messaging system.

Last edited by a moderator: