• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] Changelog 1.60 - Part #2 - The New Messaging System

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Please leave all feedback on the new messaging system in this thread.
If you find any bugs please report them directly in the Mission Thread found here.
Thanks all,
Team Beta

Tanmay11

Regent
Founders, leaders should be able to remove/add people from existing mails(non-guildies)
also why is the background color being turned white? first the quest and now inbox...its harder to read!!!!!!!

Last edited:

jovada

Regent
This new message system stucks, the old one was far better.
Why put new messages at last now instead of on top, was that necessary?
What happened to the delete old messages button?
And where is the difference between read and unread mail pffffff.

Last edited:

DeletedUser6489

Its very hard to read and the Headers should be Bold or something. Ugh. Also to leave a convo is one thing but if everyone else does not do that then the thread will continue to be active. If someone posts on the old thread for say, Endless Swap, then the persons that left the convo will not see it. we can no longer bump a message up for someone that may have left the thread inadvertently. this is horrible. The newest posts on the bottom instead of the top will be very confusing to many of us... This really needs to be re-thought here... NOT a good change for any reason

DeletedUser

that's it ?

and it is now not possible to see who is in the group message

DeletedUser5800

City graphics seem to be a little fuzzy or hazy now. New message background is terrible and you would have hoped they had listened to all the feedback given from the new quest background to know that it makes it harder to read. If they had then why do the same with the new message window. Beggars belief.

I'm sick of moderators telling us the developers listen because if they do then they must just be laughing at us because they sure as hell don't actually do anything about it.

DeletedUser5769

it looks horrible imo
and pigeon? really? why, oh why?!?
ok you want to improve things, i get it, but this?
too bright, flashy, hard to read, pigeon :)confused:), can't delete message other then leave conversation, pigeon, hurts eyes, pigeon (yes, i dislike it that much), it's hard to figure out who sent the msg in the first place...
this is just a bad one, inno :(
edit:
forgot that you have no idea who else got that msg too, and kinda a big deal that one, don't you think?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6489

AND OMG! The icon doesnt flash when there is a new message. There also is no name next to anyone else on the thread when they respond so you dont know who you are talking to. Only the avatar appears which is pretty useless...again...i hope they re-think this...this is ridiculous

Lionhead

Baronet
AND OMG! The icon doesnt flash when there is a new message. There also is no name next to anyone else on the thread when they respond so you dont know who you are talking to. Only the avatar appears which is pretty useless...again...i hope they re-think this...this is ridiculous

I got the flash, but with a huge delay.
I haven´t seen any group messages started in the new system yet, but had some from the old system converted and in those, I can see the responants name next to the time stamp.

DeletedUser6810

I realy don't like the new system.
i think you just can't convert all messages to group messages.
i can't see who wrote the last comment in the mail,
please convert back to the old mail system, and concentrate on the real bugs.

DeletedUser4716

How do you delete messages? if you can't delete we going to get loads of messages to look through. as a founder or leader who receive loads of messages this will be a waste of our time.

WhatKnot

Merchant
I think this is a Horrible design ...scrolling to bottom for latest message on a PM..stinks...the background coloring..stinks....That bird for an avatar...stinks....shall I go on ?

DeletedUser6645

I agree with most of the comments made by others. First of all, very important the mail delete button does need to make a reappearance. Where is the "report" option in case people "disagree" with attack/plundering? How would support know what has been said/ threathened if you can only report the player? Oh wait that not possible if you click on the avatar. But there is the "add a friend" option even though the person mailing you is in your guild?

The colours are not bad for the daytime, however at night I'd like to change colourscheme so the brightness doesn't keep me awake/hurt my eyes. Last suggestion, if someone leaves the guild then the player can still read the threads, please the option of kicking someone from the message thead (so also being able to know who reads the message is important)

It is a lot faster and I'm excited it will be on the app too. Congrats on the hard work.

DeletedUser5746

this system is not so good...

Last edited by a moderator:

Andi47

Overlord
My comments:

- I *really* appreciate that this messaging system will also be available on smartphones and tablets. (and I hope that this nasty "disappearing messages" bug of the old system is now gone)

Mission 1.60 said:
- Single conversation which contains all messages to a single user only. When a new single conversation would be created to the same user it will be added to the existing one.

This is definitely not a good idea. Imagine two players who are the leaders of a guild. They have
* a single conversion for internal discussions about everything about leading the guild
* another single conversion to keep track of their daily FP exchange
* a third single conversation for small talk

Mixing all this into only one "single conversation" would end up in a chaos. So PLEASE allow us to create multiple "single conversations" with the same player.

- What happened to the possibility to add a title to a conversation?? This was *very* helpful to distinguish the conversations (and e.g. quickly find the find the GvG conversation for warning the guild about a siege)

- Please add the "add / remove players to/from conversation" functionalities before the new messaging system goes live. This would be very helpful e.g. to avoid that players who have left the guild read the internal gvg plans and possibly forward them to the guild which should be attacked. (of couse this functionality should be given only to the player who started the conversion)

- The functionality to see who is on a conversation is urgently needed. Without this - how should we distinguish between a guildwide message and e.g. a conversation within a small group?

vesgouo

Baronet
I loved that finally messages are the natural reading order (top to bottom).
(Many will complain because they do not like change, but then they see that do not have logic be reading from bottom to top....)

- Make the MAIN window BIGGER, displaying more messages at a time, and more lines of the contents of the message.

- There is no way to differentiate individual messages of group messages

- Place the player name below the avatar

- Take off the pigeon!

- Do a test to see the opinion of players: put the background in deep black and bold white letters!

Miepie

Baronet
At this point I'm not too impressed with the new system. The layout is a bit too loud again, like with the missions. It is great that you can leave a thread but now it seems to be the only way to get rid of old mails, which means if a new thread is started, you'll get a few dozens unnecessary messages of people leaving the old thread. I'm not a leader or founder on beta so I don't know what options they have. Can they for example add a person to a thread? Or kick a single one out? For me on my main world it would be practical if I could send out mails to the guild that cannot be left and cannot be responded to. Finally, adding the latest messages to the bottom might seem logical for the flow of messages but we have treads going on with a few hundred responses, I'm not sure if this turnaround will be very practical then.

Last edited: