• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] Changelog 1.60 - Part #2 - The New Messaging System

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser5800

+1 to Zarok Dai list as a starting point.

Other features/improvements will no doubt be required as the development and test process continues but please lets ensure it doesn't make it to the live servers in a half baked condition.

DeletedUser6049

REALLY??? This is what you come up with.
It's a laugh, it is not even an improvement.
Not only does it look horrible, are we in middle ages with the pigeon???
It will set us back in functionality, Wouldn't have thought that was possible with the old system. But you managed to make it worse.
No names are shown
You cant see who is in the message.
You cant see what s new, have to open all mails again
You cannot delete, in fact you can only abandon and even that takes an extra effort!! which means that mails are kept in storage, so you gonna buy us more servertime?, we surely need it urgently and with this system even more.

PLEASE do NOT implement this. FOCUS on bugs for instance a major one: GVG, where we need more server cap around peek times. When > 10 players online on same sectors, means too many data, the game goes to snail pace or crashes, or freezes, or internal errors or all of them simultaneously.

DO NOT CHANGE OLD MESSAGE SYSTEM PLEASE, AS FLAWED AS IT IS ITS WAY BETTER THEN THIS...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

DO NOT CHANGE OLD MESSAGE SYSTEM PLEASE, AS FLAWED AS IT IS ITS WAY BETTER THEN THIS...
the old message system is already dead because it doesn't support mobile devices

the only way is to make the new better than now

DeletedUser4813

I am going to add this to my list, though I don't think it should be limited to founders/leaders as that assumes that only players in guilds will want create or be in group messages, and I think players without guilds will use this ability as well.

Security Alert lol :)

For guild messages, if it is not limited but rather will allow any member to add to it, then it has a potential security risk for a guild. Especially GvG threads, whereby any member can add someone outside the guild to the threads.

I see your point though, so in that case I would suggest that, the person that created the thread can add and remove members. But, should be able to also nominate others who can also add and remove members. In which case the creator of the thread can nominate the other leaders/founders to make changes to the thread also.

I agree also that it should not alert us every time someone leaves a conversation and that we should be able to delete messages.

Also another good feature would be if you could select messages that you wish to keep and then have "a delete all checked messages button".

Last edited by a moderator:

RedRed

Viceroy
+1

I know the devs want to hear more than complaining. I hope they would like to use some feedback.

I'll start off with a little rant and then I'll go to say what I'd like changed and some improvements.

I TOTALLY HATE this new system!! The new white background is TOO BRIGHT!! It's hard to read the messages when you're looking at a big white box. Where is the delete button?

What could be changed to make this a better system:
- Change the background color to a softer white (like that we have on the Treasure Hunt window) IF you insist on changing it from the perfectly fine wood background.

- Bring back the delete button. I am a guild leader on my main server and I spend TONS of time in mail. If I need to go through and leave every message I get to delete it, that is going to be a PAIN!

- Bring back the ability to have more than one private message with a given person. I have multiple personal message with leaders or allies about different topics. If these are forced to merge into one continual message, it will make things MUCH harder!

- If you must change the messages to look more like an IM, I guess that's ok... But PLEASE make the players name bigger and place it under, OR next to, their avatar. It makes it really confusing if there are multiple people with the same avatar in the conversation...

- Bring back subjects for personal messages. It seems like a step back not to have that...

- Bring back the ability to see who is in a conversation. EXAMPLE: This has happened on my main world. An enemy guild was wanting to do "peace talks" with us. They put together a message and sent it to our leaders in a group message. HOWEVER, they included the leader of our arch enemy guild in the message... It was not until a few days later that one of the other leads noticed that that guy was tacked on. Right now, I could do that here and nobody would be able to tell.

- I don't want to get a fresh message telling me who has left the message. Keep the notification in the message, but don't alert me of it. Also, don't show it in the preview. I want to see what the last person posted NOT if somebody left the message.

Other Ideas:
- It would be cool for guild messages (messages to the whole guild - not leaving anyone out) to display the guild flag next to the message. For a group message, it displays the group of people talking around a table, for a personal message, it displays the other person's avatar.

- Drafts would be nice. I would REALLY use that feature!

Things I actually like:
- I like that it tells me how many new messages there when I open it up. That's a handy feature.
- Not too much else... Please work to make this better!!! I spend a TON of time in messages and so far this "fix" is more hampering than helpful.

And +1 also for this
I would suggest that, the person that created the thread can add and remove members. But, should be able to also nominate others who can also add and remove members. In which case the creator of the thread can nominate the other leaders/founders to make changes to the thread also.

I agree also that it should not alert us every time someone leaves a conversation and that we should be able to delete messages.

DeletedUser6430

Maybe instead of only complaining we could appreciate the fact that innogames is working hard on a total new messaging system to get it merged with tablet versions. To me it proves that this game is still taken seriously by the developers and keeps on getting improved. It is also being said that the version which is running on beta now isn't the final version and that some features are disabled for now. It is a beta server for a reason after all.

DeletedUser4256

1. We need message headers and time/date stamps in the main message window.
2. The Leave function is NOT an acceptable alternative to a Delete function. They can have the Leave function for use in group messages, but we need an actual Delete. This is a must in my opinion.
3. The in-thread messages generated by the Leave function are obnoxious. You all have said it, and I couldn't agree more. At least an option for players to turn off the notifications would be nice.
4. A recipients list on hover over for group messages.
5. An option to change the order of messages in the view would be nice, wishful thinking maybe, but nice.
6. The aesthetics. Ok this one is a bit subjective. I personally don't have an issue with the background color or the font set, but I admit I play on a large monitor, and it is much more abrasive on smaller monitors from what I have seen. So I think if they darkened the background just a couple of shades, so the color tone is a bit warmer, I think it would be much more visually pleasing. I also think if they just added a little 'weight' to the font set it would be much more readable. I'm not suggesting bold, but just a slightly heavier font.

1. +1
2. +1
3. +1 ...and/or a 'trash bin' or a special folder/tab to hold these messages. Sometimes it'll be interesting to know who is leaving the typical 'Treasury donatins' thread
4. +1
5. +1
6. +1 ...although I prefer the current color, font and background style (like this forum)

DeletedUser6808

I am having so many issues with this new mail system.. I really like the old one better...people with the same icon.. you get confused.. before if the message did not pertain to us..it was easy to just delete it and not have to open it....now you have to open every one...and leave the conversation...and there are so many lines of "player name has left conversation" I normally dont complain and love the additions to the game..but I can honestly say I dont like this new mail system.

DeletedUser5769

+1
i fully support the list

i have 1 q tho; i'm guessing this (horrible) colour is placed coz of mobile devices, so is it possible to have some ability to have dark one when playing on PC? you can have it screamingly bright as a default, and this current one (which is a good one!!!) as a second choice that needs to be activated (for all those that still try to keep their eyesight...)

i do have to give one big YAY! for inno - they got rid of the pigeon ;)

Gamer2412

Merchant
I fully support these suggestions. Please make the new system with the suggestions places by Lord William

I know the devs want to hear more than complaining. I hope they would like to use some feedback.

I'll start off with a little rant and then I'll go to say what I'd like changed and some improvements.

I TOTALLY HATE this new system!! The new white background is TOO BRIGHT!! It's hard to read the messages when you're looking at a big white box. Where is the delete button?

What could be changed to make this a better system:
- Change the background color to a softer white (like that we have on the Treasure Hunt window) IF you insist on changing it from the perfectly fine wood background.

- Bring back the delete button. I am a guild leader on my main server and I spend TONS of time in mail. If I need to go through and leave every message I get to delete it, that is going to be a PAIN!

- Bring back the ability to have more than one private message with a given person. I have multiple personal message with leaders or allies about different topics. If these are forced to merge into one continual message, it will make things MUCH harder!

- If you must change the messages to look more like an IM, I guess that's ok... But PLEASE make the players name bigger and place it under, OR next to, their avatar. It makes it really confusing if there are multiple people with the same avatar in the conversation...

- Bring back subjects for personal messages. It seems like a step back not to have that...

- Bring back the ability to see who is in a conversation. EXAMPLE: This has happened on my main world. An enemy guild was wanting to do "peace talks" with us. They put together a message and sent it to our leaders in a group message. HOWEVER, they included the leader of our arch enemy guild in the message... It was not until a few days later that one of the other leads noticed that that guy was tacked on. Right now, I could do that here and nobody would be able to tell.

- I don't want to get a fresh message telling me who has left the message. Keep the notification in the message, but don't alert me of it. Also, don't show it in the preview. I want to see what the last person posted NOT if somebody left the message.

Other Ideas:
- It would be cool for guild messages (messages to the whole guild - not leaving anyone out) to display the guild flag next to the message. For a group message, it displays the group of people talking around a table, for a personal message, it displays the other person's avatar.

- Drafts would be nice. I would REALLY use that feature!

Things I actually like:
- I like that it tells me how many new messages there when I open it up. That's a handy feature.
- Not too much else... Please work to make this better!!! I spend a TON of time in messages and so far this "fix" is more hampering than helpful.

DeletedUser6835

My remarks on the new mail.

The screen of the new post is good, But they were also good to add color possibilities or to make a link, which takes you directly to the city a player (this would be really very good).

However :
- where are the sent messages?
- How to delete messages in incoming messages?
- Why did you remove the date on incoming messages?

All this is not practical when you have many messages, you wanted to make a lot of changes I do not think those will go in the right direction.
Rather the old to the new messaging except to write a new message.

DeletedUser

The New Messaging System is absolutely horrible, I can't even be bothered to check my messages anymore because it's all such a mess with 100 player X has left the conversation messages and old topics being bumped to the top. It just annoys me too much to even look at it so now I just log in and do my stuff and ignore any messages I get.

DeletedUser5800

Do we have any feedback regarding the background brightness/colour from the developers? Seems to me it would be one of the easiest changes to make and yet......

DeletedUser

Do we have any feedback regarding the background brightness/colour from the developers? Seems to me it would be one of the easiest changes to make and yet......

No official feedback yet, though as it is a cosmetic change I would think it is a lower priority than fixing the mechanics.

DeletedUser6838

I don't want to get a fresh message telling me who has left the message. Keep the notification in the message, but don't alert me of it. Also, don't show it in the preview. I want to see what the last person posted NOT if somebody left the message.
+1. Please do it.

Furthermore: Please sort the newest message to the top and the older messages to the bottom. (Just like the former message-system)

Gamer2412

Merchant
At least the new messaging system gets better. My points now:

* Please stop notifying when a player leaves the message. If I'm interested who participates in a message then I can rely on the Group Info.

* Please add a topic for one-to-one messages. This is an important thing for messages in my eyes.

DeletedUser

No official feedback yet, though as it is a cosmetic change I would think it is a lower priority than fixing the mechanics.
I would suggest it is not just a "cosmetic" issue. It makes this site fail any accessibility audit.

DeletedUser5902

How does the Group Info button work?

Today's update added a Group Info button to the Group message context menu showing participants. It also gives the option of removing yourself from the list. What happens if you remove yourself by clicking the red button? Does this spam everyone on the list with yet another "player-xxx left the Conversation" message? Or could this be a work around to allow you to remove yourself from the message thread without spamming everyone? (I have no way of testing this because I left my guild yesterday due to the spamming issue with the "Leave" option in new message system.)

Andi47

Overlord
New global record: Had 12(!!!!!!!!!!) pages of "player xy has left the conversation" messages today. after only 8 hours being offline. WOW. :mad::mad::mad:

obnoxious³ :mad: