• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] Changelog 1.60 - Part #2 - The New Messaging System

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser16

Yeah, I saw you suggesting it before. Currently we do not plan that big changes to the messages window.

DeletedUser3885

Yeah, I saw you suggesting it before. Currently we do not plan that big changes to the messages window.

ahahaha ... never have plans for what it is ... do not know what to do to the game ... well ... deliver it to the Martians they do to develop the game ...

DeletedUser

It varies significantly from market to market. Overall it's more than enough to implement it (and it keeps growing).
Not what you would call precise information is it?
Could you tell us more about them?
http://www.w3..../standards/webdesign/accessibility
I hope that is precise enough - if not concise ;)

Cannot fix this link as it is being parsed into something else by this system when the post is saved. If anyone is interested may I suggest you google World Wide Consortium Accessibility.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16

ceciliana said:
Not what you would call precise information is it?
Nope, but precise info would be sharing internal company information. And I really like my job ;).
Also the link is broken, could you fix it please?

DeletedUser5800

Thank you for providing some feedback Bryfft it is appreciated. I hope you will take on board that the colour scheme with such a bright background causes many of us problems when viewing. It is hard on the eyes which kind of defeats the purpose of a visual communication tool. I'm not sure what level of brightnes/colour contrast would be best but it is definitely something that in mine and a number of others opinion needs to be resolved/improved before considering going live with it. Out of interest what was wrong with the old background and text colour?

DeletedUser6063

I hope that final version of new CONVERSATION system will be similar :p to profesional email aplication and will have such a minimum like:

- search option by "group name", "contents in massage" , or "nickname"

- not only "leave" in options , but NECESSARILY "add" options

- more lines of massages , we had 4 lines , now we have 6 lines... better add 10-20 lines of massages - it will be more functionaly (more for PC, less for mobile apps)

- adress book !!! for group massages, not only with guild memebers, but with friends, neigbours, other players from ranking (with checkbox near nicknames)

VERY GOOD IDEA !!!! is that when i write new individual massage to one person, it add to previous massaege !!! bravo

DeletedUser

Also the link is broken, could you fix it please?
If only I could :(
I had to add this to my post:
Cannot fix this link as it is being parsed into something else by this system when the post is saved. If anyone is interested may I suggest you google World Wide Consortium Accessibility.

Andi47

Overlord
VERY GOOD IDEA !!!! is that when i write new individual massage to one person, it add to previous massaege !!! bravo

Nope. What if you want to write individual messages to that person about different topics and don't want to mix them up for clarity reasons?

Maybe add an Option where the starter of a new individual message can chose whether to add it to the old one or to start a new conversation. (and PLEASE add the possibility to add a topic - this is not available to "single conversations", not even with the workaround of group names!)

DeletedUser4256

Hi there! :)

Thanks for your feedback! It's been already forwarded to the product management team and it will be taken into account when polishing the system (what you can see is not 100% final).
I also have to say that obviously the change to the new system will not be reverted for a very important reason: the old system can't work with mobile and the new one can (and will). Hence big yes to improvements, but no to reverting :).

Again, thanks for the feedback and keep it coming!

Best,
Bartek

Hi Bartek,
I'm gladly surprised by your appearance in this forum, actually I still cant believe it! ;)
Hope it isnt just a flash in the pan :rolleyes:

DeletedUser5429

No joking, I'm flooded by "PlayerXXX left the conversation" messages, masking the real content of the treads and making thread being signaled as having new messages.
It is very difficult to find a thread you are looking for and this messaging system as it is now is very impractical, making it almost impossible to use. :'(

DeletedUser5902

I will not go into detail about the great number of serious problems with the new message system. Most have already been given here. I fear that my feedback as well as the feedback of virtually everyone else who has commented will be ignored anyway. So I will not waste my time. I agree with everyone who has pointed out obvious and glaring flaws with the new message system. If it is released to the general servers as is, I may quit the game. If I continue to play, I will never again spend real money on diamonds.

urine luck

Baronet
its annoying to see the left conversation as new messages and it stops the last real message in the thread being visible

DeletedUser

with this new system...messages that i kept at top by deleted other messages are now buried. there needs to be a way to pin messages at the top. or a way to delete but not leave conversation. but leaving a conversation forever is not the way to go. i really hope this changes before it hits the game

Andi47

Overlord
with this new system...messages that i kept at top by deleted other messages are now buried. there needs to be a way to pin messages at the top. or a way to delete but not leave conversation. but leaving a conversation forever is not the way to go. i really hope this changes before it hits the game

I agree - how about a "hide conversation" functionality? (and an additional button "show hidden conversations")? This would make it possible to clean up the message box without flooding other players with "Player x left the conversation" messages.

DeletedUser

It would also be nice to make the editing box exactly the same width as the EFFECTIVE width of the displayed messages, the portraits take up some room, so that the text would wrap at exactly the same point in both venues. That would make it somewhat easier to present attractive messages.

I don't see any need to track who LEFT a conversation, as there's no guarantee that they were actually reading it in the first place, but I'd very much like to be able to copy paste whoever is STILL following a conversation, and use those addresses to set up a similar group if there's a similar subject that we want to track separately.

Fellowship Officers would be an obvious candiate for that sort of Group.

DeletedUser5769

i know this is repeating of many of other ppl posts, but i woke up today to find 4 new pages of notification that ppl left the convo
it makes it really hard to find that 1 new personal msg
and would be almost impossible to find it if it weren't with actual avatar - so thank you for that at least

as for pigeon.... why we want to get rid of it? well i dunno, maybe coz tho it may be funny (at first), it looks just bad
(plus i don't like those nasty creatures - they're not called "flying rats" for nothing...)
also i'd much rather see a group of ppl having fun in tavern, then that gloomy looking bird

i get it that you need it to work on mobile, and it is important, so you want to be inovative, special or whatever the word for what you're trying to do is, but i am sure you can do better then that!
i play this game for over 2 yrs now, and after all you put us through, this time i am so close to quitting the game if this msg system doesn't improve and especially i mean the coulour!
you ignored us for quests, ignore us again for this, and many will leave or just stop reading msgs
i work all day on my computer and the worst strain i get for my eyes is this game!
i think the amount of players that made the account here and post in this thread to say how bad this is, should not be ignored
learn from your mistakes and do better, coz despite all, i may be naive, but i believe you can...

DeletedUser4008

So i imagines a dev, angry with his life, waking up one morning with the thought of wasting messaging on FOE.
There is no explanation or reason for this update, no matter how much i search for.
Simply seems made by a handful of amateurs. I'm sorry that i'm saying this ... but after being unable to resolve with the time calculation you have not been able to give us with dust in the eyes ...you only have turned knife in the wound
This forum is a joke..

DeletedUser4811

I really don't care for this new messaging system, for so many reasons...

Why am I notified of who leaves a message? This might be useful to guild leaders, but makes me waste time on checking messages that are not there.

I see that the colour scheme has been expanded from the quest screens to the messaging screen. Great! Now there are two places in this game where I can see ugly.

In the old messaging system I could simply look at message titles and delete them if they had nothing to do with me. Now, in order to get rid of a message (leave it?) I have to actually open that message.

I don't think I'll be bothering with this current messaging system at all.

RedRed

Viceroy
I see that the colour scheme has been expanded from the quest screens to the messaging screen. Great! Now there are two places in this game where I can see ugly.
I agree... please use a dark color as background and a light color as text color, like here in the forum or in the existing message system.

DeletedUser5429

I agree... please use a dark color as background and a light color as text color, like here in the forum or in the existing message system.
Nooooooo, you shouldn't have said that, now they're going to change the forum theme to match the messaging and quests themes!!!