• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Space Age Mars

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
So I'm trying to wrap my head around the info we have. As I understand it there's a secondary feature of each province after you've acquired it ("exploration sites"), where you acquire Mars Ore. Is it known/speculated how this works? Is it simply another set of sectors to take, or more like the guild expedition with encounters to fight/negotiate? Or is it more like the harbor/terminal, where you send a "ship" to gather resources from the site? Or something completely different? And the Mars Ore, is that simply a term for the mars age goods, or is it a special good used in the colony?

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
As I understand it there's a secondary feature of each province after you've acquired it ("exploration sites"),

Possible, but it is also likely that not every province has an exploration site. Exploration sites might be handled similar to the provinces treasure/expansion/victory tower - maybe it will replace the normally quite worthless "treasures"

more like the guild expedition with encounters to fight/negotiate?
according to the following, yes
"SAM|You unlocked an exploration site. Click on it to explore it. Then fight or negotiate to gain Mars Ore."

or is it a special good used in the colony?
I expect it to be needed for research and negotiations like promethium/orichalcum in AF/OF.

DeletedUser5097

I expect it also to be like prom/or. and I think looking to the quotes, that you have to pay
credits, wait for a while, than solve a encounter simelar with GE by fighting or negotiation
after wich you can collect your Mars ore.
My biggest question in this is, since after Martian Space Age we abbandon the outpost,
do we still need the Mars ore and/or Martian goodies? Since the only known way so far
of making Martian goodies* is in the outpost on Mars and Mars ore from explorations how
require credits from houses in the Mars outpost. Yet by losing the outpost when moving on
to the next age we might lose access to this resources.

*Yes it might technicly be possible to still farm Mars goods from event buildings how
produce goods from there age and perhaps with the new GB that makes goods from
prev. age and from the market, but still I believe you should be aible to make it on
your own without this sources; since one its a personal chooise to build the goods
producing event buildings and keeping it in a specific age, as building a GB is also
a personal chooise. You shouldn't be forced to make it for making any futher progress
but this is based of speculations at the moment ofc

DeletedUser

2 possibilities
a) leaving outpost behind only means that you move on to the next planet but still have access to the mars and can continue producing goods
b) leaving outpost behind and it is gone and you don't have access anymore. means goods would only be used in mars age

I think it is a) because goods from one era are normally used in 4 eras

DeletedUser

Most likely option.

-------

Im still puzzled by the goods though.
2x5 new goods would make a change.
Options i see are
a, One group u get form expeditions and take it back to Mars settlement and refine it.
b. One group u get on Mars and then for the next Mars update we get goods buildings on earth to refine the goods from Mars.

If option a. is right then it would be a bit lame if the GB´s and special buildings on earth would yield goods that could only be made on Mars.
If option b. is right then its a bit strange that we have to wait for new buildings.
So none of the options are right i hope :)

Maybe Inno is trying to stop the goods selling for FP a bit with a new system. (a bit like goods from Mars age, can only be traded or sold to other players in that age and with a settlement on Mars)

DeletedUser9573

2x5 new goods would make a change.

what do you mean with 2x5 new goods ? I count 5 + the corresponding boost for each good. Like the boosts on the world map for goods production.

good names
already known:
"SAM|Superalloys"
"SAM|BioTech Crops"
"SAM|Lubricants"
"SAM|Mars Microbes"
"SAM|Fusion Reactors"

good boosts
"SAM|Lode of Minerals"
"SAM|Nutritional Soil"
"SAM|Hydrothermal Deposit"
"SAM|Fossil Site"
"SAM|Deuterium"

DeletedUser8090

So what would happen when we upgrade our tribal squares, TF, or whatever event special buildings to Mars Age?
do they produce Mars goods?

I've never built a single goods building after AF

DeletedUser5097

Most likely they will produce Mars goods

2 possibilities
a) leaving outpost behind only means that you move on to the next planet but still have access to the mars and can continue producing goods
b) leaving outpost behind and it is gone and you don't have access anymore. means goods would only be used in mars age

Thnx, I realy hope it's option a otherwise the next era will become very intressting - and not in a good
way :p

ParkerP11

Farmer
portrait_317.jpg

portrait_318.jpg

portrait_319.jpg

portrait_320.jpg

portrait_321.jpg

portrait_322.jpg

portrait_323.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8859

Second one could be an Human or an martian / alien/ enemy in a battle armor suit.

DeletedUser8859

then CF probably does too, although if not it would be very interesting in some ways ;)

I, and most players, would be highly upset if a GB does not function in a new Era as expected. I mean:
  • Recurring quests give randomly (among other rewards) current era goods, not unrefined goods of eras below to make refined current era goods.
  • Chatteau Frontenac boosts quests rewards, including recurring quests rewards (with the exception of FP rewards),
  • Then: Chatteau Frontenac in this case boost goods of the current era rewarded by recurring quests.
I expect recurring quests during the Space Mars Era to randomly give Space Mars Era goods, and then Chatteau Frontenac to boost those rewards as offered, not to change the rewards to another thing. Chatteau Frontenac's design is to change (boost / increase) the amount of the rewards, not to change the type of reward.

If this would not be true, then Inno would be lowering the design & value of the Chatteau Frontenac (forgot the term used to call this, nerfing the Chatteau Frontenac?). I do not think the Chatteau Frontenac needs to be at Mars to be able to boost a quest or recurring quest reward.

DeletedUser8859

One thing is that ARC goods provided during the AF and OF Eras) are not useful (or way less useful) at the Treasury with current design of GvG. But the Arc is still functioning as designed, giving goods of current era.

I expect Chatteau Frontenac to continue as designed, rewarding current era goods at a boosted amount, as recurring quests randomly give current era goods, at Space Mars Era same as in any Era.

DeletedUser8859

The same analysis applies to all special buildings with a reward to produce x goods of current era (Terrace Farms, Tribal Squares, Tholus, Colosus, etc...) or with a production option to produce goods of current era if selecting the 8 or 24 hrs cycles. If they do not produce Space Mars Age goods for a city in Space Mars Age that would be lowering the design / value of all those buildings.

Dessire

Regent
4th portrait = a sith! .. XD all portraits are ugly! sucks! damn! VF have 4 great portraits but the new ones! daaamn! ugly as fck.. the last one is the only one i liked (a lot!) the rest pls delet them , thank you! :D

DeletedUser8859

4th portrait = a sith! .. XD all portraits are ugly! sucks! damn! VF have 4 great portraits but the new ones! daaamn! ugly as fck.. the last one is the only one i liked (a lot!) the rest pls delet them , thank you

I think 1st, 2nd, and last are ok to excellent.

4th? Not a one I like much, even with likeness to certain new Sith character.

DeletedUser

that is why they introduced special goods

that people must produce them

and this would then be Mars Ore players can only get from explorations

DeletedUser

I, and most players, would be highly upset if a GB does not function in a new Era as expected

Anything could happen :)

I make ton´s of goods every day via quests/CF, but getting goods on earth that can only be made on mars would be lame imo.

And if the goods i make on mars just pop into my storage on earth that would be just as lame.

I´ll be fine with something like this:
Our GB´s and special buildings still make VF goods on earth, and then VF goods would be used to pay for transport costs for getting stuff from mars, and shipping stuff like supplies, special goods and such to mars.

As long as they keep the VF goods very usable that would be fine, and at the same time realistic when i comes to goods have to be moved from where its made, and not just pop up on another planet :)

EDIT: A game should be harder in time, not easier. (getting mars goods on earth would be to easy)