• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Space Age Mars

DeletedUser8859

They could go to Jupiter or to a moon of it which are as big as other planets. Either way I hope they skip the ne between Saturn and Neptune.

Feanor II

Baronet
They could go to Jupiter or to a moon of it which are as big as other planets. Either way I hope they skip the ne between Saturn and Neptune.

I hope it's not just an endless string of "Space Age: [fill in astronomical body]". I'd like to see some themes like "Solar Future" where we successfully achieve Kardashev-2 on the scale, maybe precede it with "Subterranean Future" of directly harnessing energy from the earth's core, then after Solar have "Extrastellar Future" of leaving the solar system, "Interstellar Future" arriving at Proxima Centauri, etc. Different themes, different idea for settings, etc. Not just constantly re-skinning SA:[whatever].

DeletedUser8859

hope it's not just an endless string of "Space Age: [fill in astronomical body]".
I agree. Two or three SA {fill in astronomical body} would be ok, a 4th one too much. Even if three, they would need to change the mechanics of the last one to instead to harvest the X planet ore to do something different.

New names for era, tech, units are not enough.

DeletedUser

Space Age: Yuggoth, where you fight Mi-Go to gain access to crazy machines and stuff.
Space Age: Carcosa, where you join the people in an endless carnival waiting...

Yeah!

I hope that, if they continue with space ages for a while, that we will find other civilisations on other plants. That should give room for some new, interesting design, other than going as it is now.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
The patch notes currently only say that they are working on the next event and on Battlegrounds - so I guess the next age is on the back burner for now. Maybe they will start on it after Battlegrounds is releases

I'm really not expecting the new age to come until next year.
They said something like release Battlegrounds before the end of year and if they have time, potentially the Egyptians before Christmas.

Feanor II

Baronet
If they hadn't dropped the ball on SA:M GBs so hard that it probably created a crater in the floorboards, I don't think there would be quite as much interest in the next age. We'd still be power-leveling SA:M GBs. As it stands there's nothing to do other than wait and hope that there's something decent next time around.

DeletedUser9822

If they hadn't dropped the ball on SA:M GBs so hard that it probably created a crater in the floorboards, I don't think there would be quite as much interest in the next age. We'd still be power-leveling SA:M GBs. As it stands there's nothing to do other than wait and hope that there's something decent next time around.
That's the catch. They didn't actually drop the ball. The pick sixed it. I find great use for the SA:M GBs. I however am now just in Future. I plan to use them on the continents to make things easier. Are they useful to people in SA:M? No not at all. But I can see use. I built a Himeiji and I find it useful.

See the core problem is the slow down built into the futures. So I will take anything to remove that. Also while I think SA:? is a great Idea its for people who are at the end. Not alot of us will do that. I am have been for 3 years because I enjoy my city. So while I look forward to that coming I find all this talk interesting at best.