• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Space Age Mars

DeletedUser5097

Anything could happen :)

I make ton´s of goods every day via quests/CF, but getting goods on earth that can only be made on mars would be lame imo.

And if the goods i make on mars just pop into my storage on earth that would be just as lame.

I´ll be fine with something like this:
Our GB´s and special buildings still make VF goods on earth, and then VF goods would be used to pay for transport costs for getting stuff from mars, and shipping stuff like supplies, special goods and such to mars.

As long as they keep the VF goods very usable that would be fine, and at the same time realistic when i comes to goods have to be moved from where its made, and not just pop up on another planet :)

EDIT: A game should be harder in time, not easier. (getting mars goods on earth would be to easy)
You made the game too easy for yourself with cf, easy quick fix: stop making tons of goods from cf if you think its too easy ;) dont bother making it harder for others :p

The same analysis applies to all special buildings with a reward to produce x goods of current era (Terrace Farms, Tribal Squares, Tholus, Colosus, etc...) or with a production option to produce goods of current era if selecting the 8 or 24 hrs cycles. If they do not produce Space Mars Age goods for a city in Space Mars Age that would be lowering the design / value of all those buildings.
So far I know Colseus maken only fp :p but I strongly believe that space age event buildings will produce space goods

portrait_317.jpg

portrait_318.jpg

portrait_319.jpg

portrait_320.jpg

portrait_321.jpg

portrait_322.jpg

portrait_323.jpg

where's matt damon? :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9938

All this discussion here makes me really regret camping in whatever eras i was camping before. Now i urgetnly need to skip FE, AF, OF and VF to be ready for Mars...

DeletedUser8859

Anything could happen :)

I make ton´s of goods every day via quests/CF, but getting goods on earth that can only be made on mars would be lame imo.

And if the goods i make on mars just pop into my storage on earth that would be just as lame.

I´ll be fine with something like this:
Our GB´s and special buildings still make VF goods on earth, and then VF goods would be used to pay for transport costs for getting stuff from mars, and shipping stuff like supplies, special goods and such to mars.

As long as they keep the VF goods very usable that would be fine, and at the same time realistic when i comes to goods have to be moved from where its made, and not just pop up on another planet :)

EDIT: A game should be harder in time, not easier. (getting mars goods on earth would be to easy)

We got Regular goods, and Special goods which require a different production method / time and costs.
  • Regular goods require a regular goods production buildings, with size, people, ad roads requirements, coins, supplies costs plus maybe unrefined goods of Eras below. Production cycles of varied times and amount of goods produced.
  • Special Goods require another type of facility (Artic Harbor, Oceanic Hub), Ship or Sub with costs to repair, crew to assign with costs to recruit and level up training.

I see a transportation cost in VF goods added to Mars Ore (special good from Space Age Mars) in line of how Special Goods Facilities / ships works. But not to Regular Goods, unless in the form of "unrefined goods" required to produce this era regular good.

But nerfing GBs like Chatteau Frontenac and all special buildings capable to give goods (Terrace Farm for one of many examples) to not able to provide goods from this new era???

DeletedUser8859

All this discussion here makes me really regret camping in whatever eras i was camping before. Now i urgetnly need to skip FE, AF, OF and VF to be ready for Mars...

In my most advanced city Im still in the long OF Research Tree and have more than 1000s FP to reach VF. Mars seems still a long distance away.

DeletedUser

But nerfing GBs like Chatteau Frontenac and all special buildings capable to give goods (Terrace Farm for one of many examples) to not able to provide goods from this new era???

Yes that would be a big change and as you said before, it would upset a lot of players.

But:
"note first"
Note: Things are gonna be as InnoGames planed, and we dont know their plan yet, anything we say here wount matter much coz they cant make big changes to Space age Mars at this stage.

As it is now some changes are called for imo.
The game will be or is alrdy ruined by the mass production of goods and its getting worse by the day and CF is a big factor in this.
Special goods was a good thing even if players somehow hate it, and if the new normal goods from Mars would have an effect on the game in some way like the special goods have it would be a good thing.

Imagine when most players have their CF at lvl +80 then all trades would only be "selling for FP" to lower players and feeding them with goods, and feeding the top players with FP, the gab between old players and new players will be bigger and bigger due to the FP feeding the wrong way :)

Nerfing CF would be a big blow to many incl my self, but its somehow needed imo, it could be done in more than one way though.
1. As i said earlier, VF goods could be made very usable in the way of shipping stuff back and forward to Mars.
2. The 5 goods reward could be removed/replaced.
3. The 5 goods reward could have the CF boost removed. (so u only get 5 goods, as it is with the 5FP pack)
4. The 5 goods reward could be 2 goods.
and there are other ways as well.

Point is:
If you look at it this way, if we just get all the goods we want/need as easy as the top players with CF are now, goods will loose value in the game imagine if the same thing would happen to FP that would ruin the game too, but players wount say stop before its to late, so before its to late im just trying to make a point on the goods side.

On a normal day i make +5000 goods and im not the only one with a high CF and time on my hands.

DeletedUser

Mhm.
What if RQs in SA:M actually don't provide goods anymore but instead reward Credits used to produce goods on Mars? :D

Since we're dealing with new mechanics anyway, why not change the whole game experience for endgamers?
We all yelled for more and longer lasting content, didn't we?

Yes, any change to the system would be a good thing, if things just stay as they are its just new continent map new buildings and new GB´s but same procedure as last year, Miss Sophie :) no real changes.
And going to Mars would be a perfect time to make some real changes, and from what we have seen here by now it looks like we are getting some changes and thats positive.

EDIT: My worries are that they will kill those changes if GB´s on earth would do or make Mars things on earth.
EDIT2: That change in RQ is a really good suggestion, as i could be done here and now even if it wasent planed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, any change to the system would be a good thing, if things just stay as they are its just new continent map new buildings and new GB´s but same procedure as last year, Miss Sophie :) no real changes.
And going to Mars would be a perfect time to make some real changes, and from what we have seen here by now it looks like we are getting some changes and thats positive.

EDIT: My worries are that they will kill those changes if GB´s on earth would do or make Mars things on earth.
EDIT2: That change in RQ is a really good suggestion, as i could be done here and now even if it wasent planed.

in that case we'd need GB's on mars. and also, we'd then have to keep this outpost forever.

actually, i doubt this 'leave behind' thing means we'll abandon the mars outpost eventually... the purpose of progress on the province maps has *always* been to keep expanding your empire, so why would we abandon a planet we'd just fully conquered (and have a city on)? sure, it would become less important for the future expansions (venus, mercury, jupiter all the way until we become a Type 2 civ with a dyson sphere around the sun :p), but still, mars will always remain to be ours :p

DeletedUser5097

Nerfing CF would be a big blow to many incl my self, but its somehow needed imo, it could be done in more than one way though.
1. As i said earlier, VF goods could be made very usable in the way of shipping stuff back and forward to Mars.
1: why upgrading VF goods if you get soon Mars goods?
2: VF goods remain very usable since TA is very populair, cant imagine new players how fight don't want this GB, just like the other VF GB and TT will still need VF goodies :p
3: How could this be a nerf for CF?
2. The 5 goods reward could be removed/replaced.
Could be, or make give CF also the sideaffeaction that missions required equele more supplies/coins
to pay in this way you can't farm endless with CF anymore; you will run out of supplies/coins one day :p

I see a transportation cost in VF goods added to Mars Ore (special good from Space Age Mars) in line of how Special Goods Facilities / ships works. But not to Regular Goods, unless in the form of "unrefined goods" required to produce this era regular good.
To be honest if goods are required for shipment, since the aim is ''realism'' I would be surprised if VF goods would be
required. This is why:
1: VF goods are made and stored on Eurth, it would be a waist to shift it from location all the time
2: Martian goods are made on Mars, ussing this resources on location for shipment of Mars ore would make more sense
3: Ussing Martian goods for shipment would remain in the AF and OF port style: ussing goods of it's own age for the special goods
all special buildings capable to give goods (Terrace Farm for one of many examples) to not able to provide goods from this new era???
It would be a hell of coding and a bit strange. I mean due the codes the good producing buildings still should produce
goods but which? Likely just of it's own age so Mars goodies even while they are not there. If the argument is ussed
for realism, well yeah it's very realistic to get goodies from Kiosk, Pilair (of heroes), etc. its just a game mechanic.:)

========

I just wanted to share a few suggestions from a friend of me, for the GB's:

Rocket
2nd Defense wave of X units depending on level GB, for X of Attacks on your city depending of Level GB
2nd attack wave X units depending on level GB, for X of Attacks on your city depending of Level GB
Instant Regeneration X units depending on level GB during combat

Observatory
Reveal X units per day of cloaked Units from be seen prior to combat (example all neighbour units are cloaked)
Cloak X units per day from be seen prior to combat
This can be done on the map also....reveal the location names of each sector & province before, but cloak a number of units...This would make a battle much harder without upping the % ridiculously.

DeletedUser

you will run out of supplies/coins one day

Or maybe not
Coin boost = 1589%
Sup. boost = 1878%
CF lvl 131 and still going up.
Ton´s of quest solved when i collect (since i have loads of sup. buildings giving +2,5 mill pr building)
+ other quests solved from using FP and buying FP
:p
I´ll run out of time solving quest´s before i run out of coins and supplies.

DeletedUser9975

@Lizif ...Some lower age era players that are camping alredy bought TA, Himeji AO etc... New ones will not have that opportunity beacuse there will not be mass production...where is advantege in that? And u can only have tons of goods from ur era and few bellow beacuse of some GBs...the rest needs to be produced beacuse low era players dont have high CF, resources or time to do so many reccuring quests. And you will not trade 1VF for 1ME. Ur 1VF is worth at least 3ME to get the same ammount of points out of it if u donate to guild 5000-15000 goods.....At fair or even much much below "fair" trade that number is insanely high. Then again if ur after points 2400VF is 80.000 points if u donate, for this u get what 800FPs? =12.000 points. And if ur after points how much time u need to get 2400VFs for 80K points? You can easly just R&R AA for 20K points per minute. Game is not balanced so just go along and play as u wish and spend ur time on gameplay that makes u happy (boosting goods, boosting GBs, GvG, points) because fair game play is long gone.

DeletedUser8859

What is the intention? Space Age Mars GBs only for Players in Space Mars Age?

Julian24

Viceroy
Misc
spam_portrait_architect.jpg
spam_portrait_architect_large.png

spam_portrait_general.jpg
spam_portrait_general_large.png

spam_portrait_joker.jpg
spam_portrait_joker_large.png

spam_portrait_scientist.jpg
spam_portrait_scientist_large.png

spam_portrait_trader.jpg
spam_portrait_trader_large.png
portrait_317.jpg
portrait_318.jpg
portrait_319.jpg
portrait_320.jpg
portrait_321.jpg
portrait_322.jpg
portrait_323.jpg
portrait_324.jpg
outpost_negotiation_0.png
exploration_site_mars_easy.png
exploration_site_mars_normal.png
exploration_site_mars_hard.png
outpost_hud_0.png
campaign stuff:
campaign_gui_0.png
pvp_mars.png
pvp_mars
pvp_spaceagemars.png
pvp_spaceagemars
mars_world_bg_0.jpg
spaceage_mars_1_bg_0.jpg
spaceage_mars_2_bg_0.jpg
research
"TechnologyBackgroundMarsOutpost"
"TechnologyHeadlineSpaceAgeMars"
"TechnologyHeadlineSpaceAgeMarsOutpost"
research_gui_0.png

Some texts:
"SAM|You have acquired this province. Click to do some shizle with the exploration site." (Changed to:
"SAM|You have acquired this province. Click on the exploration site to explore it. Then fight or negotiate to gain Mars Ore.")

"SAM|Acquire this province to gain access to its exploration site." (Changed to:
"SAM|Acquire this province to unlock its exploration site.")

"SAM|Credits are used to start an exploration on Mars. Collect it via residential buildings in the colony."

"SAM|Unlock these expansions by researching the required technology. Place expansions adjacent to your colony grid for more space to build. Upon moving on to the next age, this colony will be left behind, so expansions will not carry over."

"SAM|You need to be in %s to interact with this exploration site" (Changed to:
"SAM|You need to be in %s to unlock this exploration site.")

"Successfully attack or negotiate to obtain Mars Ore."

"An exploration to find Mars Ore is currently underway. Come back in:"

"Start an exploration to search for Mars Ore."

{return"icon_reward_rocket"} [...] "Access to your Mars Colony"

new:
"SAM|You unlocked an exploration site. Click on it to explore it. Then fight or negotiate to gain Mars Ore."

good names
already known:
"SAM|Superalloys"
"SAM|BioTech Crops"
"SAM|Lubricants"
"SAM|Mars Microbes"
"SAM|Fusion Reactors"

good boosts
"SAM|Lode of Minerals"
"SAM|Nutritional Soil"
"SAM|Hydrothermal Deposit"
"SAM|Fossil Site"