• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] - Oceanic Future Part 4

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser4381

I agree the Kraken is useless. Unlike the Orangery the bonus isn't a permanent affect, and given how many battles are possible to achieve every day the amount of fights it *might* happen in is woefully small. It'd be much better if the first 5 battles had a 100% chance of the Kraken killing a unit, with the lower odds then kicking in for the rest.

Also, tiny amounts of medals per day as a secondary is pointless. Even a 1% Military Boost per level would be better.

Only way to make this GB any worse would be to use coins as the secondary boost.

DeletedUser7059

The bonuse of kraken should be permanent, like AO bonus. Even for the price of removing second bonus...
WHO IN AGE OF ARC CARE ABOUT MEDALS?!

DeletedUser8341

In a game where people get to level 4 within an hour of the announcement and talk of levels per day on GBs, I think it would be daft to expect too much of the new GB at the low levels. Start seeing what a level 50 Kraken can do.

Further I think people are missing this point:
It means when the battle starts, the first thing to happen is an enemy unit dies. Then the battle continues as normal (units taking turns to move/attack).
So when Kraken does strike, it means that your enemy effectively starts with just 7 units .. and that can have a big impact on a battle, more so than if a unit has to make the kill.

Does the attack count include defence as well as offence? Knowing you might have to fight the opponent one unit down, or knowing you have x% chance of losing at least one unit regardless of how powerful you are and even if you do win, can make a difference on the decision to attack.

DeletedUser8341

... fighters (who will have been the ones interested in potentially building this GB)
If the Kraken works on defence, I can see farmers building The Kraken to at least low levels. Like many powerful weapons, the threat in defence could make the difference. To those with Alcatraz pumping out surplus troops per day anyway, it won't matter but presumably not everyone has Alcatraz?

DeletedUser5429

In a game where people get to level 4 within an hour of the announcement and talk of levels per day on GBs, I think it would be daft to expect too much of the new GB at the low levels. Start seeing what a level 50 Kraken can do.

Further I think people are missing this point:

So when Kraken does strike, it means that your enemy effectively starts with just 7 units .. and that can have a big impact on a battle, more so than if a unit has to make the kill.

Does the attack count include defence as well as offence? Knowing you might have to fight the opponent one unit down, or knowing you have x% chance of losing at least one unit regardless of how powerful you are and even if you do win, can make a difference on the decision to attack.
The first strike is available only for some battles (6 at level 10), and it only has a chance to happen => it is very uneffective!
Seeing the increase as yet, there is simply noone that will level it to level 50...

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
The skill does not work on defense, only on attack. So if you have The Kraken and someone attacks you, the enemy cannot get hit with that ability. You have to start the battle for the chance for the First Strike to be there.

DeletedUser8150

If the Kraken works on defence, I can see farmers building The Kraken to at least low levels. Like many powerful weapons, the threat in defence could make the difference. To those with Alcatraz pumping out surplus troops per day anyway, it won't matter but presumably not everyone has Alcatraz?

I don't think it does defend your city.

Albeit it would be quite funny to have your city attacked by 1 unit+7 rogues and have the kraken defence kill the only non rogue!

DeletedUser7529

Prinza bonus is very nice, but you forgot part about "For first x battles with y% chance", when x is very small and increases to 6 at level 10... That means you have no control when bonus will be used. That effectively kills any usage of this bonus.
GvG fighters that do 100+ fights daily also wont notice any difference - with or without this GB.

LastWarrior

Regent
it only hits on first of two wave battles? is that right, if so its totally useless to a fighter

Last edited:

DeletedUser8341

The Kraken in the wikia:
CLICK HERE :rolleyes:
The implication is that someone already has their Kraken to level 11, just a few hours after it was launched. Someone was saying nobody will take it to level 50? Wait until the day after tomorrow...

MagicMiam

Steward
already level 10, so that we can see the lv 11
I have searched the GB ranking to find it, I look forward to see how the bonus grows after lv 10.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Kraken seems tuned for guild-oriented gvg. In a guild that has a lot of fighters (and there aren't many of those) it's possible the kraken's effect might last for your entire daily recalc shenanigans. It's probably 'fine'. I'm not excited about it personally as someone that if i fight am going to handle hundreds of battles myself, but i hope others are - i have OF goods to sell lol. It's probably also good for people who don't do a lot of fighting (say just GE or continent).

Stats on the new unit?

DeletedUser7585

I'm still trying to figure out why FOE is going so hard in the attack direction. You know this is back to back GB's for striking either by critical or first strike. The bullies will be out in force to grab this one. The Kraken is good for GE but how is FOE going to counter it. With so many weapons that the players have now AI is really going to be at a disadvantage. I know we're not going to lose sleep over that but if FOE is going to nerf our troops behind the scenes to make up for this what's the point of having these GB's. We have Voyager, Atlantis, AO, & now The Kraken for plundering I'm not really liking the direction we're going in.

What about going in a different direction. I suggested having a real medals GB which would produce a sufficient amount of medals a day to help you save towards expansions. It would have to be a large enough amount to really help though. And as you level it up it would really pay off.

Next GB I was thinking about is a GB that when you reach ME age the goods remain same age wouldn't that be awesome. Right now when you reach ME age you get Colonial goods yuk. it's like you're going backwards. What was the reason for the players getting nerfed as goods are so important and when your city is full of GB's allot producing goods. So now you have to completely change the metrics of the game to goods things which takes up room or take our FP's bldgs like terrace farm and change that to same age goods. Anyway most of us know all about that so I thought a GB that has one talent goods and produces a little more at the beginning too like 25 on lvl one and going up of course as you level up. At worst you could have age before goods which would help for GE. Right now in order to open gates in GE if you're an OF player with ARC, OBS, & even Atomium too someone has to cough up goods as OF goods doesn't help in the treasury with anything right now. But even if you think as we go up in ages it would help it wouldn't as it stills follows us to the next age having the same problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Here you go Inno, i´ll hand you some positive feedback on Kraken.

It has the same positive effekt on my city as Colosseum, Notre Dame, Space Needle and some other GB´s, its saves lot´s of space not building them :)

ps: Im not trying to be negative, i really think its a good thing that some GB´s are like this, coz having "all" GB´s in your city would be too much anyhow.

Silveralius

Squire
So. I divide my opinion into several categories.

How it visually looks?
Very well. I very like looks of Kraken.

Something about size.
5x5 is great. But what about increase that to 6x6 and giving fb? (I know it is impossible now).
I like small GB and Kraken has the same size as Castel and is worse. WHY?

Something about passive bonus (First Strike).
The idea of that bonus is great. I very like that idea. But. 6 First Strikes at lvl 10? That is so low. The chance looks good. But that number of First Strikes is bad very bad.

Something about active bonus (Medals now).
Now we have 4 GB to produce Medals. I mean that is to much. Change that to something useful. If not fb, what about military bonus or production of goods?
The best is Military bonus or fp.
Peoples in OF haven't any use for that much medals. If you have plans to add something that requires a tons of medals so this GB have purpose. If not so in this state is completely useless for people in OF. Is good for people in low eras without Arc. But many of then haven't goods to build it.