• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Mughal Empire

DarkblueOO6

Merchant
wow if it doesn't have attack attack defense or add troops it's going into the bin.. and I'll keep hitting it with the hammer trying to sell it lol :D :bang: :bang: :bang: I'll burn them for the emissary but meh..

estrid

Baronet
What is wrong with these water canals? I have three of them beside the town hall, but they are not giving the extra diplomacy being a set?FoE_mughal_1.jpg

The Babelus

Steward
You must me joking Inno. I used to be great fan of settlements. Unless Aztecs came. And now the new one seems to be even more boring. Moreover, prizes are thrash. No attack bonus, no units.

I do not need easy settlement. I liked even Vikings, as it was challenge (I was able to get full 3 run stones ). Egypt seemed to be challenging as well at least at the begin. And I liked that settlement most. Aztecs were not difficult, they were just terribly boring. Not enough cocoa and too expensive goods production. I got always full time reward in case of Vikings, Japanese and Egypt. I did not even bother to start Aztecs in live world (as I was bored badly after 2 runs on Beta). And seems I will be the same with Mughal in live world.

estrid

Baronet
You didn't line it up perfectly with the correct tile of the town hall
Do you mean there is just one tile in town hall with which those must be lined up? Why don't they say so then? I have met set-buildings before playing Elvenar (also Inno) and those are just put beside each other to get bonuses. This method seems just stupid.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Do you mean there is just one tile in town hall with which those must be lined up? Why don't they say so then? I have met set-buildings before playing Elvenar (also Inno) and those are just put beside each other to get bonuses. This method seems just stupid.
They are "chain" buildings like the winter train, hippodrome, terracotta vineyard etc, so they need to be connected in a "chain" from a specific location on the main building and in a specific direction. If you pick up the water canal you'll see a white outline of where you need to place it.

estrid

Baronet
They are "chain" buildings like the winter train, hippodrome, terracotta vineyard etc, so they need to be connected in a "chain" from a specific location on the main building and in a specific direction. If you pick up the water canal you'll see a white outline of where you need to place it.
Yes, thanks! I understood and changed the layout. Those takes now awfully lot of space. I barely could them fit with one extra terrain piece bought and as a result I have two bhavans not connected unless buying more roads. All in all, this is not not fun. One thing I have liked the most in each the previous settlements was the opportunity to arrange the town and trying to find the most profitable way to do that.

The Lady Ann

Baronet
I am thinking it wants taking back to the drawing board and completely reworked,

I could love the puzzle aspect of it, but not the I do not have enough coins to even run 1 goods yard proficiently, never mine that the main building and time reward are absolute rubbish, and before you all shout '30FP's' my city produces 1K a day. what I need are niche solders only available from the main building from this settlement ie like Egyptian troops, or a 'superpower' ie deflect - a 1% chance to send the attack back to the attacker at level 1 and a 20% from a fully levelled building

or the main building helps with diplomacy after all the Mughal empire ruled through a combination of diplomacy and war

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Yes, thanks! I understood and changed the layout. Those takes now awfully lot of space. I barely could them fit with one extra terrain piece bought and as a result I have two bhavans not connected unless buying more roads. All in all, this is not not fun. One thing I have liked the most in each the previous settlements was the opportunity to arrange the town and trying to find the most profitable way to do that.

Like the previous settlements, you should sell the alleys and canals between unlocks to have more coin production. It's downright necessary at the start of the settlement.

estrid

Baronet
Like the previous settlements, you should sell the alleys and canals between unlocks to have more coin production. It's downright necessary at the start of the settlement.
Maybe I give this a chance... it took awhile to accustom aztecs too. But if this is all they're got, I'm not so sure I'm gonna like this one.

HuscarlTW

Squire
Eh, sort of... But it takes 4 collections from a house to pay back the cost of one road tile

I'm in agreement that the settlement's mechanics are a bit annoying. At least in the Aztec settlement your first unlock is a shrine to increase cocoa bean production. Here, there's nothing but houses until the 4th unlock.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Eh, sort of... But it takes 4 collections from a house to pay back the cost of one road tile

I'm in agreement that the settlement's mechanics are a bit annoying. At least in the Aztec settlement your first unlock is a shrine to increase cocoa bean production. Here, there's nothing but houses until the 4th unlock.

Yes, you can't sell the roads. but since the alleys and canals don't line up perfectly with the edge you can move the roads to there, sell the houses, build the culture, unlock, sell the culture, move back the roads, rebuild the houses.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Yikes, even my city full of houses and one goods building cant generate enough coins for 1 four hour productions.

The daily embassy should cover the shortfall. But yes it's tight. I've got 17 houses = 867 per 4 hours. And then 800/day from embassy which can contribute the missing 133 6 times a day if I really want to maintain the every 4 hours cycle.

The daily embassy should cover the shortfall. But yes it's tight. I've got 17 houses = 867 per 4 hours. And then 800/day from embassy which can contribute the missing 133 6 times a day if I really want to maintain the every 4 hours cycle.
I aint waking up in my sleep to collect 4 hour houses, sorry inno!

They require (for me) 40 rice to get to the next house and 5 of the blue thing, so I'd have to wait many days even if I collected every 4 hours.