• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Mughal Empire

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
The harvest barn and Indian palaces and the Celtic forest set and many other sets can't be
motivated and still yielding good loot. Even with active friends and guild members there are
plenty days in which not everything gets aided. I guess if the Aid all button will be introduced,
it'll cost diamonds. So, it's unlikely it'll be used in mass giving it enough time. The more interesting
targets usually already collect in time making it in default challenging to plunder them but
plenty other targets remain for plundering.:) I guess this temple will still be easily plunderable
from the less developed neihours even with the aid all, as it's unlikely that enough will be using
it on them.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
So the only benefit of chaining is extra diplomacy? And sets while they give a bit of goods are only unlocked very very slowly? Initial impression is this may as well be vikings.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
160 goods before you get to the first set building and some extra daily goods (a whole 5 lol). Before then bhavans make 51 rupees/4 hours. A goods building takes 1000 rupees/4 hours. so you need ~20 bhavans just to support 1 goods building. And you need 32+ of these 4 hour cycles with 1 goods building before anything changes in that regard. I take it back, this is so much worse than vikings ;)

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I am reserving judgment for the moment, will see how it plays out, don't forget it has a very long timer at the moment and it is beautiful. so restful

I'm not worried about meeting the timer so much though as to how long it takes to get through the really annoying part of the settlement. i.e. if the very last tech when you have everything you need required 5000 goods, that would be tolerable. 160 goods before there might be a little relief from 1 goods building and forced 4 hour cycles is a bit much though.

it's not - the FP doesn't require motivation, and goods are lower on the priority list. It'll be after SoKs and stuff - so if you're worried about it, you better make sure you don't have too many crappy FP motivations ;)
If the game keeps giving us good event buildings, I'll be replacing those crap ones in no time! My attacks gone up a sizeable amount after the soccer one which is good...

Not sure if this what the devs intended?? Probably gonna run out of beans pretty quick.

1626293379486.png

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
If the game keeps giving us good event buildings, I'll be replacing those crap ones in no time! My attacks gone up a sizeable amount after the soccer one which is good...

Not sure if this what the devs intended?? Probably gonna run out of beans pretty quick.

View attachment 7219
In about 4 hours :p You have enough coin production for a bit over half a goods building. And since it's 160 goods to get to better production, just burning all the starting coins like I'd do in Aztecs isn't much of a headstart.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
160 goods before you get to the first set building and some extra daily goods (a whole 5 lol). Before then bhavans make 51 rupees/4 hours. A goods building takes 1000 rupees/4 hours. so you need ~20 bhavans just to support 1 goods building. And you need 32+ of these 4 hour cycles with 1 goods building before anything changes in that regard. I take it back, this is so much worse than vikings ;)
Including 4x boost (3%), you'll produce 32.7 goods per day with one goods building. With my setup I think I can fit 17-18 starting houses and one goods building, so including the HQ production you should have just about enough rupees to run the goods building ... So you need 160/32.7=4.9, lets say 5 days to unlock the first diplomacy building producing rupees.

If the designers indented it to be slow then fine, but for me personally it's definitely not a playstyle I enjoy.

Aerendil

Squire
and the first rupees production building (not house) in the 4th technology

isn't that a little bit late ??

in the other settlements the shrines were 1st tech
You have to produce at least 50 goods (cost 10000 rupees) with Bhavan (the first house) and the embassy as income only. if you build and attach to roads 10 bhavans (10x51/4h) thats at least 3 days, most people dont collect every 4 hrs so probably 5 days.
If you build more roads and connect more bhavans -e.g 20 bhavans with 10 more roads for 12000 rupees total it still takes at least 2 days if you collect every 4hrs or more realistic at least 3 days where you are basically just collecting.

please rework, thats not fun.

if we should rely on bhavans as main income source it should have an 8h timer
but i would prefer to have rupees production building as 1st tech as well. thats also the first set building, so additional goods income right from the start

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
It seems really odd that you get stuck on rupee production. Either the techs should be reordered or the starting rupee amount needs to be raised. Otherwise I can see a lot of players getting stuck and getting bored quickly with just the start of the settlement. If you can't even get to the first production building with your starting amount of rupees, that will cause the start to drag on.

The balance of the grand prize seems really bad. Almost 2 FPs/square makes it dwarf every other settlement building, especially Shinto. I feel like it should be 1 FP/square, but with 80 goods and some sort of boost, whether that could be a defense boost or what. At the moment, I just feel like it's broken
Also, the timed reward seems exactly like Jade Statue

I got a x4 from one of my collections so :p

The coin requirement to make goods is way too high. Lower the requirement and later coin buildings or inflate the coins given from the houses.

I'm not a fan of being forced to place buildings in a certain place. It makes sense for SOH, but these buildings TBH do not look good in the places we're required to put them. Nobody else is seeing the settlement but us, why not just make it touch the town hall?

HuscarlTW

Squire
Visual complaint here - the Water Canals do not link together, which ruins the aesthetics. Ideally they should work graphically like 2 lane roads (think Aqua Highway), where the water is continuous until you reach the end of the canal - and then have it cut off at that point.
1626319990555.png

HuscarlTW

Squire
I dont believe it ever cost 1000 silver for 5 goods ??
He wrote: "we didn't have to pay for paths in the other settlements", which is not true.

But regardless, the Aztec settlement charges 1000 cocoa beans in order to produce 5 of any good, and also charges 200 cocoa beans for each road tile. The Indian settlement seems to be the same to me, but maybe I'm missing something.

JosefD

Merchant
He wrote: "we didn't have to pay for paths in the other settlements", which is not true.

It is true for most settlements, though. It's still a nuisance that we have to pay for the roads which was sharply criticised when it was first introduced. Inno did not listen.

Also, the price for growing rice is very high at 2000 Rupees for 10 units of rice.