• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Mughal Empire

Owl II

Emperor
There is nothing beautiful about it. No brains are required. Only yawning... time... time... yawning... Are you serious? Collect 35 harvests from these unfortunate houses to get to the first element of the set? Whoever came up with this, hates the players. He hates this game. Or he's just a sadist.

Provolix

Farmer
I'm with the others. This settlement is plain boring.
I can't play round the clock and this means that I often miss the collection time for the Bhavan. At least with production buildings you can set a production time the suits you best. Waiting for a week or more to just have the goods production up and running is more than I'm willing to wait.
And although the reward building is quite nice (especially teamed with The Blue Galaxy), I can't see myself struggling a full year through repeats of this settlement just to get it.
So if it doesn't change, I'll give it a miss. Pity, because the design of the buildings is quite stunning.

Owl II

Emperor
because doing 1h collecting the whole day in other settlements requires so much brain
You have the freedom in any other settlement! In any. Even in the Aztecs.(let's not mention the Vikings. They were the first and I think it was great as idea that requires further development). You, in your genius, can start the production of coins for a day. And it will be your choice. Just not here. Here you have to swallow these 35 collections from the houses, just to be able to do something different. 5 days. 5! Unknowable. I have only one explanation: they don't want us to play this

The Babelus

Steward
Agree with Ow II. Vikings required much brain. They also asked too much attention at the begin, but you were able to think of many strategies and it was possible to finish before time limit always.
The biggest freedom was in Egypt, you were not forced to collect coins so often, which was great. For good fighters, it was possible to finish 3 battles almost every day which accelerated progress of the settlement

Goldra

Marquis
This settlement has the problem that is so different to the others.
All settlements, the first unblocked building is one to make "money"; here, its the 4th.
All settlements has a diplomacy (decoration) building that you full the space with them to unblock new buildings; here, you have to chain the decoration buildings, so you need to move/sell a lot of things, unblock space and destroy stones (you have more impediment removals here).
If Inno makes a settlement similar to the others: buuuuuuuu; no new ideas; another boring settlement.....
If Inno makes a settlement different to the others; buuuuuuuu; it has no sense; so hard; so boring.....

Owl II

Emperor
I just hope this is not an attempt to monetize the project. In this case, it is a complete disaster. Because you may to pay for the fun. You can to pay for action. You can pay for some very valuable and advantageous thing in extreme cases. Pay to save yourself from boredom? In the game? No, no, and no. To save yourself from boredom in the game, just turn off the game

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
I wonder when Inno is gonna fixing the errors in this settlement. For example with the Vikings they also had the same fixed time coin
production. They later fixed this error. So, it's making me wonder when they'll fixing it.
A good alternative option is making the chain buildings increasing the daily coin production of the embassy. E.G. chain buildings in chain adding up to 1.200 additional coins for each chain of 3 buildings.
However I still kinda expect the pointed out problems to be fixed:coin production building 1th unlocked and 6 production options for
coins.

estrid

Baronet
It might make this more interesting if the roads were not so expensive... And maybe two types of houses to begin with. The same size , different times for collecting, comparable coin amounts, like now bhavan gives 51 in 4 hours, bhavan II should give 102 in 8 hours.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
I don't know much about the Mughals myself, but someone made this comment on one of my youtube videos, so I thought I should share it here:

Ram Ramamurthi said:
"There is a fundamental error here - The Mughals NEVER built a temple... Temples are Hindu places of worship. The last Great Mughal actually destroyed temples. The Mughals ruled a large part of India between 1526 AD to 1707 AD. They built some of the most grand and beautiful mosques including one of the world's largest in Delhi.

So a 'Mughal Temple' is an oxymoron - I guess INNO was not so sensitive in terms of naming this building unless they wanted a generic name for a place of worship. The Mughals were exclusively Indian except the first one, Babar who came from Afghanisthan which was part of Greater India at that time.

Historically, this is erroneous and with such a popular game as FoE, it spreads misinformation, however inadvertent..... I hope you bring it to INNO's notice suitably. I understand that this is a game but calling that building a temple is akin to calling St. Peters a Christian Synagogue.

This mail is NOT meant to hurt any sentiments of any kind whatsoever. Please treat it as setting facts straight. "

Tanmay11

Regent
I don't know much about the Mughals myself, but someone made this comment on one of my youtube videos, so I thought I should share it here:
As i am from India, I agree with that. Not big on history myself but apart from Akbar pretty much all of those emperors have been very oppressive and were hell bent on destroying local culture and pillaging the locals.

there were better Empires in India if that's what Foe devs wanted to represent...the indus valley civ, Mauryan empire or the southern India kingdoms .
I don't like this at all...to me this is like celebrating colonial empires.

punita

Squire
As i am from India, I agree with that. Not big on history myself but apart from Akbar pretty much all of those emperors have been very oppressive and were hell bent on destroying local culture and pillaging the locals.

there were better Empires in India if that's what Foe devs wanted to represent...the indus valley civ, Mauryan empire or the southern India kingdoms .
I'm also from India and I totally agree with tanmay

Yikes. Is the artwork for the buildings from this era, or can inno simply rename the settlement?

The Lady Ann

Baronet
This layout gives you realistically 4967 rupee a day 2 x collections from Shanti Ghar and 3 x collections from bhavan plus the palace enough to run 2 x 8 hour productions in 1 goods buildings

dmrOSAB6TwFLH1WQHyBeV6H_KZ9PEzEDXaVCbB6AhwMHpEdFd_np9t-euR51NycRSlw4g4yZK9VW7owJNXjw61wOZklfsJ_aExra39i00bZmZmP_Qnb1KbehA0h16qOMc_X8BGvX

Last edited:

Tahrakaiitoo

Marquis
So yeah, judging from most of the comments, maybe Inno should hold off on releasing this.... Problems with the culture as well as just a bad flow of the settlement progression. Seems this thing could use some more time in pre-beta development. If the building style is general enough, a simple renaming of the culture would solve the bad taste it leaves for some people.

Although on a personal level I don't mind; almost every culture in the history of humanity has done bad stuff.
Vikings; loads of pillaging, enslaving and other atrocities.
Feudal Japan: Very war based, loads of oppression and such.
Aztecs: Plenty of violence and human sacrifice and enslavement.

Last edited:

GateKeeper

Baronet
for beta testing only can we get the penalty removed for abandoning a settlement? this would allow us to test more strategies. I for one am totally lost in my first attempt. previous posters said everything so far as to the flaws...but this is a terribly boring settlement, and the buildings do need to switched around in the quest line. excellent visually , but thats about it.