• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter Event 2022

CrashBoom

Legend
There is only one change and that is, that the Winter Prizes will not be available for Diamonds anymore,

that sucks

we found out, that buying the Prizes in the Shop was more popular, than unlocking it for diamonds
you could offer both. for diamonds or for money

I had the plan to use diamonds, buy the winter pass and get more than one building
but now that won't happen

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Next thing we know also event currency will be locked behind a cash paywall. Gonna kissing the freemium ages by for the P2W ages.
I can guarantee, that Events will not be behind paywalls. The additional prizes were simply an addition. Core features will not be changed to require diamonds, never.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
I can guarantee, that Events will not be behind paywalls. The additional prizes were simply an addition. Core features will not be changed to require diamonds, never.
I meant the event pass: at first it was rolled out as an freemium feature. Just after 1 single "test" round it's decided to roll back the freemium option to be replaced by a paywall. I'm highly suspicious for the spoilers for what's coming with additional event currency. Something that is for now a freemium option: for diamonds additional event currency. I really honestly hope you'll mean that the option to buy additional event currency with diamonds will persist, or may coexist with options to pay directly in €'s for event currency. Cause the way things are going are very strongly pointing away from previously freemium options.

Emberguard

Emperor

I’m not worried about things needing diamonds, I’m worried on are they phasing out diamonds? Or will the diamonds I already purchased retain their value?

The Event Passes contain half the Grand Prizes, and I had been looking forward to buying the Event Pass for Winter… with diamonds. I already bought those diamonds with cash, I’m not going to re-buy what I already bought: a currency to unlock things in the game. What value do diamonds have if they can’t buy some of the things in the game with diamonds?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I'm not surprised that the pass is going $-direct (as it is very normal amongst mobile games to take this route), but I am disappointed.

Probably going to make for some very recurring sour feedback about the pass every event from here on out about how much of the event's value is tied to it. I'll do my best to just ignore its existence rather than contribute to that, but no promises ;)

CrashBoom

Legend
1200 diamonds are 4,92 €
if you buy 19500 diamonds for 79.99 €: current highest offer in beta shop on browser

Bowl Pass costs 14,99 € (don't know how much the winter will be)
if we take the package from above that are 3654 diamonds

so the reality is:
with money buying the pass instead of buying diamonds is 3 times more expensive o_O

(and even if you buy 2550 diamonds for 19.99€ you got 2 in the past for 20€ now directly with money 2 cost 30€ --> +50%)
(and even the worst offer in the shop is even better: 450 diamonds for 4,99. that makes 1350 diamonds for 15€. or at the end: the pass AND 150 diamonds left )

just wondering: how can players prefer that (= "more popular"are the words Juber used)

.Chris

Baronet
just wondering: how can players prefer that (= "more popular"are the words Juber used)
Humans are lazy...

Most probably don't bother converting € to Diamonds or vice versa ;)

And 1200 Diamonds "sounds" like a lot if you don't know what the purchase offers are (again many probably won't bother checking) and 9,99€ (or whatever the cost will be) may be more appealing o_O

I'm not the least bit surprised about INNO moving towards the sale of premiums with cash only. I am surprised that they took this long. Between wishing well farms, GE, and GBG, my cities produce more diamonds than I can spend on stuff that has a place in one of my cities. I'm sitting on over 30K diamonds now and haven't purchased any in two years. I'm sure that I am not alone. If INNO has any expectation of profiting from players like me they have to resort to in-game cash purchases. Spoiler alert.....ain't gonna work on me.

Sh2DoW

Farmer
In the Halloween event to get the Premium Prizes i had to spend real cash (around 14-15 euros) compared to the 1,200 diamonds needed to unlock the same feature, i find it of a no brain to choose what is better, and i do feel everyone does the same, so that pointed out my question is, does the majority of the community really welcomes that "new" system?Or it was rigged since the start, and they gave the cash option to the "buyers" that would have more chance of buying it anyways, and gave the diamond option more to non payers? If thats the case its easy to figure why it won.

In my prespective, i see it a bad bussiness, since the larger packs give the most diamonds, it is much more optimized to buy one than to waste 15 euros to unlock Premium prizes, i will buy both anyways, but trust me that there will be players that won`t.

Inno delivers we just buy if we want, no one is obligated to, but there is no need to bend the true.

----

Better take advantage of this event, is a 6 star one

Emberguard

Emperor
Most probably don't bother converting € to Diamonds or vice versa ;)
The cash option didn't have a reduced price shown

The diamonds I kept seeing players post on facebook how confused they were about the diamond pricing because the slash made it look like it was 1,000 down to 1,200. When it was meant to be 1,800 down to 1,200

I'm thinking if the cash was popular it had more to do with the numbers being fully visible because there's no big slash over it, not the price point

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
Combined with the apparent decision to not offer sleigh builders, this switch to a cash only for premium prizes makes the winter event a lot less appealing, It also dampens enthusiasm for future events as well.
@Emberguard makes a very good point: this reduces the value of diamonds. I really only am motivated to pay cash for diamonds (on live) when I want to buy premiums.

Owl II

Emperor
It doesn't matter. If Inno wants players to pay for the game, it is not necessary to sell the event currency for cash. They should just open levels in GB for cash. Then everyone will pay :)

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
I’m wondering what numbers are behind this “more popular” and which % of player’s choices were ignored
I wonder if they've ignored the % that didn't buy the pas for cash vs the % that did buy the pas for freemium. Though only 1 test round appears to be rushed, especially compared to other major changes. They might've known that when the winter event rolls by most who were offered the pas for freemium (diamonds) vs cash, the % would favour a lot more the freemium end of things.
A lame claim without any prove the majority preferred paying cash, 1 event vs several with the freemium option.

Kronan

Viceroy
@Juber

The bigger question is: You're "paying" (aka compensating...) us in diamonds for our help in beta. If we can't use them to study the events, do you think beta people are going to spend cash to do that?

In my professional career, neither I nor my company ever asked or said to customers that helped us shake out beta products, for any money. Conversely, I was never asked by Microsoft or Google or ANY other company that had me helping them do beta - to spend money for Windows beta, or Office beta, or anything.

Yes, there are people playing beta that are playing it as their live game. Many people are. But many people are actively helping you study your beta products, and it sounds like you're saying we have to spend money to be a legitimate part of this testing environment.

You really should rethink that for those here LEGITIMATELY spending time to help you.

Last edited:

Yekk

Regent
@Juber

The bigger question is: You're paying us in diamonds for our help in beta. If we can't use them to study the events, do you think beta people are going to spend cash to do that?

In my professional career, neither I nor my company ever asked to said to customers that helped us shake out beta products, for any money. Conversely, I was never asked by Microsoft or Google or ANY other company that had me helping them do beta - to spend money for Windows beta, or Office beta, or anything.

Yes, there are people playing beta that are playing it as their live game. Many people are. But many people are actively helping you study your beta products, and it sounds like you're saying we have to spend money to be a legitimate part of this testing environment.

You really should rethink that for those here spending time to help you.
I doubt this was a last minute decision in part for the reason you stated. The beta 1200 D's price was imo way to low. It with the original prize list (double kits) made the main prize way over powered for its cost. I started off wanting 3 main event buildings (for ≈ one nutcracker guardhouse every 3 weeks) but costs dropped so much I ended with 7 (one nutcracker ≈ every 10 days). My beef is with the math left undone that made it way to cheap. Why is it almost every event now has bad math that breaks the event in one way or another? The math is the easiest part of the coding.