• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter Event 2020

The Airship is not that great, but at least it helps your guild with + 20 extra Goods each day, so happy with the Airship to help my guild, althought a Statue of Honor L8 gives 4 times more Goods for treasury and is also smaller in size ...

Thunderbummy

Marquis
Frankly I am so sad to be disappointed yet again by what should be the highlight event of the year. Most of the prizes in the table are of little or no real value to the majority of players; The rewards from the grand prize are of poor space/reward value; the calendar will be hugely expensive and the reindeer offers a hotchpotch of items for sale, most of which are simply not wanted or good value. This is supposed to be the season of giving and goodwill! All we are getting is the opportunity for us to give Inno even more in return for very poor value prizes. I will finish the event here in the spirit of testing but will definitely pass on the live servers. Oh yes, not forgetting the universally hated shuffle prize. This single item is the subject of countless complaints every year but still exists - why? Shuffle will only ever be appreciated if it is a purchasable item to be deployed when needed. Otherwise it is just a huge annoyance which really spoils the event.

Thunderdome

Emperor
Could I say "I made it in the 'nick of time'?"

Tried this event. Doesn't look all too promising. I will take it to the end to see what it brings, but highly doubt that I will do this for the live servers as I do not like games "of chance".

TBH I'm fairly glad the main prize is mediocre.
The shuffle mechanic of the winter event means I wouldn't spend any diamonds on it anyway so I'm not going to be missing out much by only doing what I can for free.
As we've just had an event (haloween) with a good mechanic where some thought applied gets you a better return than random clicking, with a good main prize and a good selection of daily specials I'll be happy to blow my diamonds on that in my live city and not worry about the winter event when it comes.

Goldra

Marquis
Let's do a global evaluation:
- As people are saying, this event is a pay to win, but the prizes are low.
- Compared to other event buildings of this year, i think its the worst:
- Olimpic treasury has good ratio fp/square and def boost for atk
- Celtic forest has all kind of boost but with low levels
- Japanese bridge has mikawa as best choice, but no boost.
- Zeppelin gives goods to the guild and good ratio fp/square.
- Hippodrome gots the best ratio fp/square, and boost def to atk, but its the biggest, using leukoi or rousoi tracks
- Governors villa boost atk, gives extra troops, good ratio fp/square
- Barn its a puzzle. You can make a full boost set or a full atk set. Lot of choices...
- House of horrors (wolf), very good for atk.
- Bakerys... lowest ratio fp/square like house; without chains has no good boost and stay like mikawa bridge but worst; to give boost to attack, you need 2 more bakerys, occuping much more space than barn, gv, ot, hip, house, but giving the same or less boost.
- Compared to other winter event buildings:
- Train is saved by the atk boost, because the ratio fp/square is to low, and the chain option only make it to occupy more space
- Winter spike boost def and low ratio fp/square
- In my spanish city, i have all this building, because i had space to build it, but when i will go low on space, i will remove celtic forest, mikawa bridge, the train and winter spike, becuase its easy to find buildings event better than this ones.

A ways to improve bakerys are:
- Increase the chain bonus with the age
- Let make the chain as the image of the forum, the 4 bakerys followed, giving the full chain bonus
- Change the chain bonus to a multiplier of the boost, and makes the chain boost as normal boost of the buildings. In this way, if you build two bakerys together, both will have all their boost and resources x2; if you build 3, x3. The max would be to build the 4 bakerys, and get a x4 in all of them. This would make the bakery, the best event building of the year XD
- Give the full chain bonus with one bakery.
- Increase the boosts and the fp.

BabaORiley

Merchant
Well, the Winter Event was always expected to be a higjlight, but what's being offered by Inno is just disappointing.
Without wanting to go into detail just let me ask this:
Why not simply 3 bakeries; one providing C/S-Boost, one boosting attacking units and one supporting defending units?
IMHO that would meet the needs of the vast majority of players.
Within the scope of my needs and expectations this is by far the most uninteresting event since i started playing FOE 7 yers ago.

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
I'll keep testing this event on Beta to the end, but as it stands now, I won’t bother with it on live.

I agree, it is not the mechanics that are the problem: I like having multiple mini-games and event options. What ruins it is the blatant pay to win, pay to even complete.

If either the calendar or the reindeer were reasonably able to be completed with daily play and no diamonds, and if the prizes were even slightly of interest, instead of the lowest tier of Daily Specials. it would spark some interest to play.

The event building options are almost insulting. Chaining the event buildings is just such a transparent pay to win tactic. Plus, it is just silly to offer such a awkwardly designed and boring set. Especially for a game that (used to) reward good city design and thinking strategically about what to invest in.

Agree with @Ian Santa Claus , I'll spend my diamonds on Halloween event and bypass this on live worlds. This event gets added to the (growing) list of events I won't play on live worlds.

And maybe that is a holiday gift after all; being reminded that there are lots of options for my time and money instead of FoE.

Last edited by a moderator:

jaxy

Farmer
Please Inno listen to your players. don't just create the feedback thread for bug reports... We / players were complaining about St.Patrick's Event, that stupid PvP tower and again you roll-out everything the same on "live server" as was in beta... looks like inno will also steal Christmas for us this year. Principe is good, and candles and lighting houses gives a nice touch.. but main event prize is worse than mediocre. That Calendar and Reindeer prizes i ll not comment -- could be better -- i understand you need people to give money for it - - but then make it worth it at least

coolyfooly

Squire
I think attack boost should be buffed by age to 15% +15% total of 30% attack for SAAB when 2 unique buildings touching.
I made first bonus 15% and 2nd bonus 15% this would make getting 2 unique buildings worth getting instead of just 2 attack buildings with 1 unique in the middle. I think both bonuses should be equal, as makes no sense for 2nd bonus to be less then first, as most sets getting higher bonuses usually encouraged by better reward not lesser.

My calendar was reset in the middle of opening presents and it was 22 hours on the clock until the next reset. I also didn't get my prizes until I finished lighting all of the houses. Lighting the houses is MUCH LESS easy to see than in past events like the map on pirates map, I have no clue how many more match boxes I need to reach grand prize. I'd rather have a number there than try to determine how many buildings are in this mess.

GateKeeper

Baronet
My calendar was reset in the middle of opening presents and it was 22 hours on the clock until the next reset. I also didn't get my prizes until I finished lighting all of the houses. Lighting the houses is MUCH LESS easy to see than in past events like the map on pirates map, I have no clue how many more match boxes I need to reach grand prize. I'd rather have a number there than try to determine how many buildings are in this mess.
I think its 20 houses, so at best 7 matches which light 3 candles. but the lets just say the avg is 2 candles per match, so most likely every 10 matches gets you the prize