• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Wildlife Event 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
See updated post here: https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/wildlife-event-2023.16091/post-151030

The balancing seems a bit too tight in my opinion. Based on what we've seen so far it looks like quests don't give tickets anymore (please correct me if I'm wrong here!), so that means you'll only get tickets from the free generation every 8h, and a few from grand prizes and probably some from incidents. That means we'll have:

SourceTickets
Starting4
Every 8h21*3 = 63
Grand Prizes2
Incidents??
Total69 (nice)

To get the main building fully leveled, you need to get 280 paws. That will get you level 9, 30 Golden Kit fragments, Golden Panda Statue, and possibly the full Golden Kit from leagues. That means you need to get

• 280/69 = 4.06 paws per game
Looking back at my results from previous years, in 2021 on beta I was able to get 4.44 paws per game, in 2022 on beta I was able to get 4.14 paws per game. So for me it might be just about possible to get it fully leveled, but I think a lot of players will miss out. Especially considering you have to play daily, which not everyone is able to do. In the past there has been a good buffer to allow for less optimal play or skipping a day here and there, but with the current balancing that doesn't seem to be the case this time around.

I think tickets should be added back to quests. It adds a nice buffer to allow more people to get the main building, and it also (re)adds a bit more strategy into the event like in past years :)

Last edited:

Dessire

Regent
I think your ticket count is off. Questline seems to be giving only coins this year as opposed to a ticket every third quest. so 21 * 3 - 1(generation) + 4 to start + 2 in the "free" line = 68 tickets over the event.
According to wiki, you earn 21 tickets + 3 per day. In 20 days = 60 tickers + 21 = 81.

Dessire

Regent
I
The balancing seems a bit too tight in my opinion. Based on what we've seen so far it looks like quests don't give tickets anymore (please correct me if I'm wrong here!), so that means you'll only get tickets from the free generation every 8h, and a few from grand prizes and probably some from incidents. That means we'll have:

SourceTickets
Starting4
Every 8h21*3 = 63
Grand Prizes2
Incidents??
Total69 (nice)

To get the main building fully leveled, you need to get 280 paws. That will get you level 9, 30 Golden Kit fragments, Golden Panda Statue, and possibly the full Golden Kit from leagues. That means you need to get

• 280/69 = 4.06 paws per game
Looking back at my results from previous years, in 2021 on beta I was able to get 4.44 paws per game, in 2022 on beta I was able to get 4.14 paws per game. So for me it might be just about possible to get it fully leveled, but I think a lot of players will miss out. Especially considering you have to play daily, which not everyone is able to do. In the past there has been a good buffer to allow for less optimal play or skipping a day here and there, but with the current balancing that doesn't seem to be the case this time around.

I think tickets should be added back to quests. It adds a nice buffer to allow more people to get the main building, and it also (re)adds a bit more strategy into the event like in past years :)
I cant remember how many daily specials you can get but I remember get like 3 mountains at max level last year. Without spending diamonds.

diGriz

Farmer
1678906974979.png

Just finished 31st task there is now more available as for now and it seems that there are 24 more to complete but event ands in 20 days which means that timing is wrong
@Juber please check if that is expected behavior

CrashBoom

Legend

Just finished 31st task there is now more available as for now and it seems that there are 24 more to complete but event ands in 20 days which means that timing is wrong
@Juber please check if that is expected behavior
but 31 is what it should be according to the announcement
30 rush quests + todays daily quest

and that the counter ends at 55 (announcement says 30+22=52) was already said somewhere above

so let's wait for the fix which reduce the end number to 52 ;)

Quoras

Merchant
There seems to be something wrong about the lvl 1 buildings and the amount of golden stuff you can get. I really dont understand the balancing here. You get 1 Lvl building instantly and then at the 6th GP another one.. if you continue the Price row you have 1 lvl 1 building that never gets filled because it fhe first one is full you get another one. Also by the time you reach the second complete building you already have 1 full golden kit + 2 two pandas (2 golden kits over time). Or do I miss another way to get regular upgrade kits?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
There seems to be something wrong about the lvl 1 buildings and the amount of golden stuff you can get. I really dont understand the balancing here. You get 1 Lvl building instantly and then at the 6th GP another one.. if you continue the Price row you have 1 lvl 1 building that never gets filled because it fhe first one is full you get another one. Also by the time you reach the second complete building you already have 1 full golden kit + 2 two pandas (2 golden kits over time). Or do I miss another way to get regular upgrade kits?
There are extra upgrades in the pay-pass. Particularly later in it. They probably just want to make sure you have enough lv 1 buildings (and since it's between upgrades it's not like you're missing out on something valuable for it - just AD it if you don't want it at the end or to save for next year)

tiroman

Farmer
So I see the Insect Hotel (which was last year's premium Wildlife building) was added to the Epic Selection Kit. Does that mean that buildings such as Tree of Silence, Keymaster's Workshop or the two premium panda buildings will be available in next year's Epic Kit?

Jubilee

Merchant
Love the look, Pandas are cute. I ran out of turns on the board to match & remove obstacles so the OUT of Moves window appears allowing me to ONLY Quit the Level or buy More whatever to spend 65 for 10 more Turns. PROBLEM was that I had tools I could have used to get One more Paw out but that Window would not shut down so I could access my tools to remove obstacles. Can we have the option to close the Window? or can you detect if there are Tools & give the option to use a Tool? Had actually two paws & by moving that last one I got the other as well. Of course I spent diamonds to do so. Would have preferred to use a Tool.

Dessire

Regent
No, I don't have none problems in real life
I'm fed up to read your comments about your city needs more fps again and again... Everyone understood your way,so please stop it
No, lol, I will do it each time I want without reach the spamm point. I only do that a few times per year. If you do not like, then go. I have the right to do it.

Atokirina

Squire
Why so high stats for the Panda Reserve/Shrine...

It makes all other FP buildings that much worse and a whale can get that much more FP if they buy 20 buildings...
Gap between F2P and P2W only widens...

Normally, the gap narrows over time, as your city has limited space and new event buildings are usually not much stronger than previous buildings. So when F2P fills their city with all the buildings they get and P2W replaces their worst buildings with the new ones that are a bit better, the gap gets smaller and smaller until a certain point (there will always be a gap though).
But this Panda thing is just so much better than any of the other FP buildings from the past events....

Usually new event buildings are just as good or slightly better, but this one.....

What will the stats be of new event buildings over 7 months? 5FP/tile?

Last edited:

Dessire

Regent
Why so high stats for the Panda Reserve/Shrine...

It makes all other FP buildings that much worse and a whale can get that much more FP if they buy 20 buildings...
Gap between F2P and P2W only widens...

Normally, the gap narrows over time, as your city has limited space and new event buildings are usually not much stronger than previous buildings. So when F2P fills their city with all the buildings they get and P2W replaces their worst buildings with the new ones that are a bit better, the gap gets smaller and smaller until a certain point (there will always be a gap though).
But this Panda thing is just so much better than any of the other FP buildings from the past events....

Usually new event buildings are just as good or slightly better, but this one.....

What will the stats be of new event buildings over 7 months? 5FP/tile?
The only 2 reasons I can think are:

- help low lvl players to have a faster development (some online games, after X amount of months, give for free powerful stuffs for new players to decrease the gap between them and end game players. but those games are more oriented to pvp while the pvp in FoEvents is not very important to progress).

- earn + $

Una Queen

Squire
Ive so far played 10 games (bought 4, got 1 from an incident and 1 generated, plus the 4 from the start) and Im averaging 4.2 paws per game :)

Status
Not open for further replies.