• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Wildlife Event 2021

podkap1970

Emperor
You'll get the two on the left with 10 moves and with additional three moves the two with the box in the third row from the left side
then one more move and you'll get the blue and yellow box
so 4 paws plus 3 boxes with 14 moves - that's a good outcome :)
that's all super old already, at the beginning, for me, the game was a bit difficult to read/play, but now its not really a problem anymore

Amdira

Baronet
Meanwhile I'm really enjoying this mini-game although I've never been a big fan of candy-crush or similar games. Just can't wait for more tickets :D or the minigame for exercise :)
It takes some experience and planning several moves ahead, which is a skill just not everyone has. That might lead to some frustration and disappointment. Guess it's not such easy to find something for everyone.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
I think most will have no problem getting the main building for free. If you have the event surprise box you only need 1.15 paws/game, if you don't have the surprise box you need 1.67 paws/game. That's very possible without a lot of effort, when putting in some effort I'm getting around 4 paws per game on average.

If you decide not to learn the basics of the game you might struggle, but I don't think that's a problem with the event. I definitely enjoy having an event where with some effort you can get lots of rewards :)
With some luck too, yes. I got 3 games in a row with 0 paws, got
unlucky with the blocks below the paws. Later I got all the sudden
a very fortunate game with a whopping 10 paws. Would've preferred
to get about 2-3 paws for each game rather than 3 unlucky once and
one very fortunate one but I get your point. If your fortunate and your
thinking a little bit strategically you can get the grand building with
not too much trouble in the end of the road.

Praeceptor

Marquis
I don't really care if these mini-games are fair/unfair, easy/hard, rewarding/pointless, entertaining/boring. The issue for me is that they shouldn't be a part of a grown up empire building strategy game.

Imagine playing Civilization, Age of Empires, Warcraft, Settlers or practically any other real time strategy/war game, and in the middle of it up pops Candy Crush! It's bad enough that the great graphics that we used to have on the loading screens have been replaced by wide eyed, cartoonish characters that wouldn't be out of place on children's TV.

Perhaps the next mini-game should involve catching dancing unicorns in a rainbow net to earn pixie dust to power a magic gumdrop machine?

While it is beautiful, did you not have any other buildings that you could have put where all the forests/roads are? No zeus/aachen/cape (sorry the picture is small I can't make them out)?
There are many buildings in the inventory, Zeus is, deleted Aachen, Cape Canveral, Sophia, Innovation Tower. All GB are normally developed, the Arc is level 162. I decided to build a beautiful city))

I don't really care if these mini-games are fair/unfair, easy/hard, rewarding/pointless, entertaining/boring. The issue for me is that they shouldn't be a part of a grown up empire building strategy game.

Imagine playing Civilization, Age of Empires, Warcraft, Settlers or practically any other real time strategy/war game, and in the middle of it up pops Candy Crush! It's bad enough that the great graphics that we used to have on the loading screens have been replaced by wide eyed, cartoonish characters that wouldn't be out of place on children's TV.

Perhaps the next mini-game should involve catching dancing unicorns in a rainbow net to earn pixie dust to power a magic gumdrop machine?
Unlike other mini-games, in this you need to think and plan your moves. In Civilization, Age of Empires, Warcraft, Settlers is no football, Patrick, Archeology, etc.

Amdira

Baronet

You indeed can find this kind of events in Elvenar - so there is hope they won't implement it here :)

Muirtach

Farmer
I would say, this is WORST, least compelling and least rewarding event so far. Minigame is complete s...t. And GRAND PRIZE SYSTEM IS COMPLETELY BROKEN AND USELESS!!

BritishBoy

Marquis
I think most will have no problem getting the main building for free. If you have the event surprise box you only need 1.15 paws/game, if you don't have the surprise box you need 1.67 paws/game. That's very possible without a lot of effort, when putting in some effort I'm getting around 4 paws per game on average.

If you decide not to learn the basics of the game you might struggle, but I don't think that's a problem with the event. I definitely enjoy having an event where with some effort you can get lots of rewards :)
Loads of rewards yes, but are they any good? This event is the only one where I have to play every day a little bit. I have NO Option to spend all my currency in 1 day like in football on live now I have choice :)

tazzmaniac666

Merchant
Loads of rewards yes, but are they any good? This event is the only one where I have to play every day a little bit. I have NO Option to spend all my currency in 1 day like in football on live now I have choice :)
The event building is quite good. In the soccer event, you have to play the tournament every day. Also St Patricks requires playing every day.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Yes you'll get a larger spread of daily specials than usual, but the main building more than makes up for that imo. If you want to prioritize one daily special you can decide to wait until that day to do all your tasks, but other than that you'll get a mix.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Yes you'll get a larger spread of daily specials than usual, but the main building more than makes up for that imo. If you want to prioritize one daily special you can decide to wait until that day to do all your tasks, but other than that you'll get a mix.

To add to this, you can also use the switch to try and get more days with something you kinda want, and time your ticket use.

i.e.
On a day you don't want the special, or what it switches to for you, just use tickets to avoid being capped.

Then on the next day if you want the special or what you switch it to you'll start with 3 tickets and generate 4 over the day for 7 tickets. Alternatively if you still don't then you use up your generated 4 for the day and push it to the next day again.

The day after you've dumped on a special you'll start with zero tickets and basically only play 1 game that day to build up for the next time you do have interest in the special again.

I'm not sure it's worth focusing on such a strategy too hard, as the main prize and possibly a 2nd one of it seems like the more important focus for a new event with nothing all that special for daily specials (i.e. Log Cabins and Menageries aren't even that good for a developed city - so you're basically just waiting for sentinel outposts). But if you want to optimize the event moreso, the option's there :)

Amdira

Baronet
Maybe I missed something, but ... be sure tickets are capped? I'm pretty sure I used about 14 or more in a row in the beginning for the Rotunda ...

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Maybe I missed something, but ... be sure tickets are capped? I'm pretty sure I used about 14 or more in a row in the beginning for the Rotunda ...

Only natural regeneration of them is capped. You can get more from tasks and incidents.

Natural regeneration is the source of *most* of your tickets though, so you should try to keep it < 4 as much as possible :)

BritishBoy

Marquis
Can't say I am happy about it but the grand prize is nice, true. Next year it will prize of the day on day 1 and we will face same problem - being unable to get many daily prizes

BritishBoy

Marquis
To add to this, you can also use the switch to try and get more days with something you kinda want, and time your ticket use.

i.e.
On a day you don't want the special, or what it switches to for you, just use tickets to avoid being capped.

Then on the next day if you want the special or what you switch it to you'll start with 3 tickets and generate 4 over the day for 7 tickets. Alternatively if you still don't then you use up your generated 4 for the day and push it to the next day again.

The day after you've dumped on a special you'll start with zero tickets and basically only play 1 game that day to build up for the next time you do have interest in the special again.

I'm not sure it's worth focusing on such a strategy too hard, as the main prize and possibly a 2nd one of it seems like the more important focus for a new event with nothing all that special for daily specials (i.e. Log Cabins and Menageries aren't even that good for a developed city - so you're basically just waiting for sentinel outposts). But if you want to optimize the event moreso, the option's there :)
Excellent strategy, probably I will use it for my main world :)