• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Vikings Arriving in FoE?

DeletedUser

In the way of the production and the effect. It's better than every other building until now. I don't want to say more before the 5th of november.
will the info of the final reward after doing it 15 times already be available with the release on november 5th?

or is it necessary to reach the highest level to see what it is ?

FalkeNr1

Farmer
will the info of the final reward after doing it 15 times already be available with the release on november 5th?

or is it necessary to reach the highest level to see what it is ?
The production and effect will be published then too! Or you can look ingame in the infobox of the upgradekit. There will be listet all levels of the building, like we know it from other upgradable buildings in the past.

DeletedUser8915

Actually, Elvenar hasn't had a time-traveling race yet, and we haven't gone back in time for a guest-race. As your city progresses through the "story" each chapter after the fifth is a different fantasy-based/mythological race. They already exist in our time. They're just moving into your city for a while, using it for their own ends, and teaching you things. And in the case of Orcs and Goblins (the chapter my Beta city is currently in) pooping all over it. Even the current guest-race (the Amuni) didn't "time travel" or come from another planet...basically, we dug up and reawakened a sleeping race that had always been there.

After 14 Chapters though, the devs may have to eventually cop out and use Aliens if they want to keep the game going, because there's not many races/cultures left for them to use. Giants would be great, like having Dragons as a third playable race would be, but neither are likely to happen any time soon. :p

Outside of Elvenar and FoE both being "city-building games", they're very different. Planetary colonization makes more sense in this game than in that one, although I can see where problems can occur. Having the "outpost adventures" with cultures that actually exist or have actually existed is far easier (and safer) than trying to make up an Alien race on another (or from another) planet that bears no close resemblance to any copyrighted race that already exists in Science-Fiction. Steer too close to anybody who looks like they might have beamed out of Star Trek, and Paramount will chew Inno up and spit them right out, and not bother flossing afterward. Those guys don't play. No Wookies-likes or almost-Ewoks, or even an ersatz Jar Jar (LOL), because Disney owns all that, and I can imagine how frightening that silly Mouse can get. I don't even want to think about what could happen if some talented and well-meaning designer came up with a race that accidentally looks a bit too much like Centaurians (comics, not movies). I love Yondu with all my heart, but I think Marvel might love him more. Like millions of dollars more. :eek:

I'd rather take my chances with Gene "I own the rights to everything" Simmons over some weird, leather-clad folks with strangely-shaped pigmented patterns on their faces.

To prevent a long story from becoming even longer...suffice it to say, that's ultimately why I don't think we'll likely see colony cities on other planets, or Aliens crashing and camping out in FoE.

(Now watch...the next era will be The Space Age. :confused::p:D)

I agree with you, except what you mentioned about remaining races / cultures. I think that amount of fantasy races (and actally whatever fantasy aspects) is significantly higher, compared with realistic gameplay. And I think that this is why FoE developers try to turn from classic eras and find a way how to continue develop game in the future, taking an example from Elvenar, because Elvenar will always have more possibilities, how to continue. Maybe Vikings will be basics of FoE future..

Btw. yes, after 14th chapter they have "empty table".

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
Maybe Vikings will be basics of FoE future..

I agree.

I think the outpost/cultural/diplomatic adventure is a great direction for FoE to go in, because there is the potential of keeping less-motivated players interested in the game. I'd love to reach Virtual Future, but I hold no illusions of ever doing so. My interest in this game will probably flatline long before then. :p This new idea may change that, not just for me, but for other slightly disinterested players as well. :)

DeletedUser5097

My post was a mostly humorous one, so I apologize if that was missed.

Species once believed to be extinct are often 'rediscovered', having survived in remote places in small populations. Also, species whose surviving members are in captivity are classified as 'extinct in the wild'. :)

Storing the goods you produce with the visiting race's manufactories. ;) In the nearly two years of playing Elvenar, I've never read the wiki. I've never read the wiki for this game either, and I've been playing this game longer. At any rate, the only reason you and I are having this discussion right now is because someone took issue with a comment I made back in September when this topic started, and you brought up Elvenar when you replied to him. As I told him, it's all speculation and makes little difference. Besides, what goes on in Elvenar has nothing to do with Forge of Empires, and vice verse. So I think we're good to let this go. :p
I know don't worry I don't take it seriouse.;) Thnx I did read through the lore of the races, it appears to
me like some races died out but are brought back to live with the portal, while others are indeed original
from remote locations and the final 2 are unique in all ways.
Oh no I did mean not the ingame purpose of the portal, the lore behind it, sorry for the confussion.;)
Found it it's a portal to ''The dimension of the Lost Souls.'' This where a few lores of the portals of
extinct races;
Dwarfs
The Portal is meant to be the building that establishes and maintains the connection between your city and the Dimension of the Lost Souls, where the forgotten races of the old world are roaming, but will also act as the storage for the pure Dwarven resources - Granite and Copper.
Faries
Being the only way to bring the Fairies back to life
Orcs & Globins

The Orcs Portal Site is the building that will allow you to bring the Orcs & Goblins back from the dead into Elvenar.
That's why I was so confused.;) Anyways I brought up Elvenar, because the suggestion
containt some Fantasy elements for a quest race (aliens) and that's just Elvenar's
stuff.
The new building you are talking about is very powerful, but it does not have 15 levels. But you are true, that you have to finish the settlement 15 times to upgrade the building to the last level.
Nice so it will have more levels. I assumme that the final upgrade is locked coded in the 15th attemp
for the settlement?
Cultural Goods

Cultural Goods

The production of Cultural Goods is similar to the production of city Goods, except starting a production requires a resource that you gather within your settlement.

No Trading

Unlike city Goods, Cultural Goods cannot be traded with other players. Once you are done with your current settlement, your stock of Cultural Goods stays with that settlement. Starting a new settlement means you must build up your stock of Cultural Goods again.

Bonus Production

With each completed settlement that gives a unique reward, your chance for bonus production will increase for the next settlement you start of that culture. When this chance gets triggered upon collection, you will get four times the amount of produced Cultural Goods!
Embassy Advancements

Unlock New Buildings

To finish the questline of this culture, you need to unlock new buildings in the Embassy. Buildings further along the advancements are generally more powerful, so it pays off to unlock them.

Improve Your Diplomatic Relationship

To unlock advancements, you will need more and more diplomacy, which is always reflected by the sum of all diplomacy buildings that you currently have in the settlement.

Invest Cultural Goods

The second requirement to unlock an advancement is to pay Cultural Goods that you need to produce within the corresponding buildings.
Very intressting stufff and new helpfull information...
I agree.

I think the outpost/cultural/diplomatic adventure is a great direction for FoE to go in, because there is the potential of keeping less-motivated players interested in the game. I'd love to reach Virtual Future, but I hold no illusions of ever doing so. My interest in this game will probably flatline long before then. :p This new idea may change that, not just for me, but for other slightly disinterested players as well. :)
Strongly agreed like GE it's a fresh new concept that the game needed.:) It's starts to look like
a very populair sandbox game. It's getting fresh new stuff but players innovate and keep it alive,
finding new ways to play it. I think diffrent play modes within FoE would work great to keep advanced
players motivated and sticking into the game. At least for me the game is currently little more than
GE - and that's fine a nice weekly ammount of battles wich I love of this game - but not much more
than that.

FalkeNr1

Farmer
Nice so it will have more levels. I assumme that the final upgrade is locked coded in the 15th attemp
for the settlement?
No, the building have less than 15 levels, but you get the last upgradekit after the 15th finish.

So 8-10 month to get lvl 15 (Thats if u can pick the same culture right after u finished it)
Maybe, but I'm very sure, that you will be faster :)
And I don't know if the second part of your message is a question, but I will answer you: Yes, you can choose the same culture right after you finish it.

Logain Sedai

Baronet
This is getting more and more exiting :). It seems to be really a new and additional thing to do in the game. This is great for everybody (with time on their hands ;)) but especially for the players who have finished the tech tree. It gives something new to discover. Thanks a lot for the info FalkeNr1 (and you have a very nice avatar).

DeletedUser4379

you get a very powerful multi-level building for your main city

to reach the highest level you only need to finish the vikings 15 times
I dunno. I sorta disagree.
Maybe complete Vikings 7 times and Egyptians 8 times.
Or -
Vikings 5 . . . Egyptians 5 and XXX 5.
Use various combinations of cultures, until you get 15.

DeletedUser

it wouldn't be necessary to add more cultures if all would improve the same building
or why should InnoGames add more cultures in the future when people already have the building at the highest level

so I believe each culture gives his own building and then later (when more than only the vikings are released) people would do the culture with the reward they like more

and sorry for the confusion
the highest level is not 15 but less (so not each time doing a culture improves the building)

Devilsangel

Baronet
There are at least two buildings from what I understood and saw, both upgradeable..the tree and the rock formation, but I counted only 14 upgrades altogether, but maybe missing a picture in there somewhere:) ...its likely the prizes/upgrades for them are alternated.

Emberguard

Emperor
Yeah but I bet you wouldn't get to choose which time for that culture gets a lvl (just like we don't choose which lvl adds a FP to a GB)

Still, this is gonna be epic! :D

Devilsangel

Baronet
Of course not...that would be too easy and who likes that;) and I bet the stones aren't as valuable ( they are pretty though:)), so everyone would just stop after they collected the main one...plus FalkeNr1 did confirm that the last upgrade for the main building is the 15th reward

DeletedUser

Havent looked but it could be 1 main building and 14 upgrades, that would be 15 all in all...
looking forward to this :) and only 4 days to go if it goes as planed.