• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Vikings Arriving in FoE?

Pafton

Viceroy
I found a bunch of things connected to Vikings, but it all seems to be rather jumbled up. I'm trying to make head or tail of it, but until then, feel free to make your own guesses.

In the bottom image, I've found 4 new goods, which go by the names of:
  • fine_axes.png
    Axes
  • fine_horns.png
    Horns
  • fine_mead.png
    Mead
  • fine_wool.png
    Wool (courtesy @outoftheline) .
While the image might look frighteningly huge, and certain of these achievements haven't been implemented yet, the one which has caught my attention is in the third-from-last column, and second-from-bottom row (why do I have the feeling that it has something to do with Vikings? Look at the goods, a connection clearly seems to exist).
achievements_icons_0.png
In the attached image, that same achievement icon is repeated. Upon parsing the XML file, the name turns out to be 'outpost_hud_vikings_huddecoration'
hud_0.png

All of this is is giving me a feeling that something related to Vikings is coming to town. I doubt it would be an event (why would we have goods then?), it can't be a new era (VF just started, no building/army etc. images yet), so what IS this!?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5097

Maybe they are introducing collonies, after seeing the suggestion
for collonnies. Just speculation,

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
My guess is it's for a new Historical Event, for either Erik the Red or Leif Erikson. Or both, since they were father and son.

DeletedUser

there are some unused city icons in here:
CityIcons0.png
x4, 2nd column 3rd icon which goes by the name "citymap_icon_quadruple_collection"
"bagel thingy" almost at the bottom next to the moon which is called "collect_copper_coins"

it might not be related, i don't know. copper would fit the viking theme, though.

DeletedUser

Is it just me or does the coin look like the Elvenar logo?

@drakenridder
Although I'm not sure about the abouts, I'm pretty sure the developers did not look into these forums to implement something suggested here in what, 2 weeks?

DeletedUser5097

I hope it aint some version of "visiting race" like in Elvenar.
But it could be so when it has 4 new goods types.
I would laugh so hard if it turns out that VF p3 is the first
''visiting race'' or more ''visiting theme'' of the virtual world
where you enter some type of RPG in the virtual world of
VF.

@gooflab, true but the suggestion for it excist also a bit longer
then just a few weeks. If I remember correctly even a few years,
on the Dutch forum it was once suggested. Since the Collonial
Age I think it's likely that suggestions for it did show up more often
through the years.

It can also be just an strange huge event. Like fall where you have
5 diffrent things to buy loot boxes. It's all just up to speculation.

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
Is it just me or does the coin look like the Elvenar logo?

@drakenridder
Although I'm not sure about the abouts, I'm pretty sure the developers did not look into these forums to implement something suggested here in what, 2 weeks?

Right, and if you do a search of the forums you find that polls were taken in 2016 and 2017 regarding subjects for Historical Events. A few of those individuals suggested have recently had Historical Events.

DeletedUser

I only mentioned it because @drakenridders post seemed to link to the new "Add colony" thread. :)
And that would be way too quick. :)