• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Vikings Arriving in FoE?

FalkeNr1

Farmer
That's the culture that becomes available after you complete Vikings.
That's not completely correct...
The Egyptians will be released some time after the Vikings and will not be published on the 5th of November.
When they are published, you can choose either the Vikings or the Egyptians. To play the Egyptians you have not to finish the Vikings first.
That will be the same for every new culture. You will be free to choose which you want to play.
(That's the information today, so I can not assure that InnoGames is not changing this concept)
But first: Have fun with the Vikings ;-)

PS: Thank you @Andi47 for the great translation!

DeletedUser6863

This sounds much like a game I used to play where you had a main city and a secondary part of the game was to build a second new city from scratch and at the end of each month it was destroyed and you started again.

DeletedUser4379

. . . 'Again, this is a reality-based game, so I personally wouldn't imagine that after 5+ years the developers are suddenly going to go with flights-of-fancy, whimsical ideas like aliens, time-travel, or other such hokum.' ;)
I believe that your are seriously underestimating the capabilities of our development team.
Especially the 'hokum' part.

DeletedUser5097

I believe that your are seriously underestimating the capabilities of our development team.
Especially the 'hokum' part.
Yes indeed the Elvenar dev. team probaly will like ideas of aliens and
time travle. Afterall they already have some time travling races, so why
not grazy aliens from outer space that helping your Elvenar city entering
the ancient times of the dwarfs and other races you did help.

On topic this outpost can become a bit of a challange, if you want to
complete within +/- 21 days for the best results, but regardless a
intressting fresh idea. Especialy with 15 main end rewards per
culture as far the current concepts goes.:)

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
Actually, Elvenar hasn't had a time-traveling race yet, and we haven't gone back in time for a guest-race. As your city progresses through the "story" each chapter after the fifth is a different fantasy-based/mythological race. They already exist in our time. They're just moving into your city for a while, using it for their own ends, and teaching you things. And in the case of Orcs and Goblins (the chapter my Beta city is currently in) pooping all over it. Even the current guest-race (the Amuni) didn't "time travel" or come from another planet...basically, we dug up and reawakened a sleeping race that had always been there.

After 14 Chapters though, the devs may have to eventually cop out and use Aliens if they want to keep the game going, because there's not many races/cultures left for them to use. Giants would be great, like having Dragons as a third playable race would be, but neither are likely to happen any time soon. :p

Outside of Elvenar and FoE both being "city-building games", they're very different. Planetary colonization makes more sense in this game than in that one, although I can see where problems can occur. Having the "outpost adventures" with cultures that actually exist or have actually existed is far easier (and safer) than trying to make up an Alien race on another (or from another) planet that bears no close resemblance to any copyrighted race that already exists in Science-Fiction. Steer too close to anybody who looks like they might have beamed out of Star Trek, and Paramount will chew Inno up and spit them right out, and not bother flossing afterward. Those guys don't play. No Wookies-likes or almost-Ewoks, or even an ersatz Jar Jar (LOL), because Disney owns all that, and I can imagine how frightening that silly Mouse can get. I don't even want to think about what could happen if some talented and well-meaning designer came up with a race that accidentally looks a bit too much like Centaurians (comics, not movies). I love Yondu with all my heart, but I think Marvel might love him more. Like millions of dollars more. :eek:

I'd rather take my chances with Gene "I own the rights to everything" Simmons over some weird, leather-clad folks with strangely-shaped pigmented patterns on their faces.

To prevent a long story from becoming even longer...suffice it to say, that's ultimately why I don't think we'll likely see colony cities on other planets, or Aliens crashing and camping out in FoE.

(Now watch...the next era will be The Space Age. :confused::p:D)

Emberguard

Emperor
We could do the space age and avoid aliens altogether. Just make it space exploration - not space with aliens. Doesn't mean we'll get a space age, but if we did it'd probably be the most likely outcome - focus being more on the city advancements in the space area then anything they find out there

DeletedUser5097

Actually, Elvenar hasn't had a time-traveling race yet, and we haven't gone back in time for a guest-race. As your city progresses through the "story" each chapter after the fifth is a different fantasy-based/mythological race. They already exist in our time. They're just moving into your city for a while, using it for their own ends, and teaching you things. And in the case of Orcs and Goblins (the chapter my Beta city is currently in) pooping all over it. Even the current guest-race (the Amuni) didn't "time travel" or come from another planet...basically, we dug up and reawakened a sleeping race that had always been there.
Eh, what are the portals doing? Teleporting the races from far away places?:) If I can remember
correct from the time that I did play it - and it's a long time ago, so please forgive me if I'm
wrong - the faries died out due pollution and blamed the dwarfs for it. Quoute: ''As time went
by, the lands became more and more polluted, the rivers became poisoned and the soils
infected, destroying the Fairies' Natural habitats and causing their extinction. Queen Sidhe
assumed it was all caused by the Dwarves at Haugur river, back when King Fafnir's steel
mills were producing weapons day and night, pushing their waste into the waters. As for
the slumbering.'' Source: Elvenar wiki Current latest chapter, the Egyptens I quote from
the wiki: ''The Halflings are immediatelly alarmed, because they have seen something
like this before... only shortly before they became extinct.'' Extinct does mean that no one
of your race is alive, but that's what I believe that the word does mean.:p Source: Elevenar
wiki

I thought that the story was about bringing back extinct races back in the world of Elvenar.
I'm not sure how to do it without making a time portal. Enabling the races from the past to
go to the current time. Anyways I think that time travling and aliens would eassier fit in
Elvenar as a exotic race and time travling could be ussed for exploring the past of that
world.

As for planets I strongly agreed, that colonies how excisted are more safe, than entering
the far limmits of SF. However making some story up about a advanced VF server where
guilds fight over VR worlds could be kinda believeble for advanced guilds.
For the space race itself. Sure it's very good possible. I think even if the map would be on
the moon. As the current RL space race is aimed at Mars and the moon but the moon
is more achieveble. Perhaps a story about setting up a moon village and some type of
conflict could work out. Along space missions of your chooise for example, sending out
stuff for doing ressearch to rocks in space, doing ressearch to the sun or planets, or
observations for far away places.

Anyways let's first see what outposts will bring us.:)

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
My post was a mostly humorous one, so I apologize if that was missed.

Species once believed to be extinct are often 'rediscovered', having survived in remote places in small populations. Also, species whose surviving members are in captivity are classified as 'extinct in the wild'. :)

what are the portals doing?

Storing the goods you produce with the visiting race's manufactories. ;) In the nearly two years of playing Elvenar, I've never read the wiki. I've never read the wiki for this game either, and I've been playing this game longer. At any rate, the only reason you and I are having this discussion right now is because someone took issue with a comment I made back in September when this topic started, and you brought up Elvenar when you replied to him. As I told him, it's all speculation and makes little difference. Besides, what goes on in Elvenar has nothing to do with Forge of Empires, and vice verse. So I think we're good to let this go. :p

Last edited:

DeletedUser8823

Cultural Goods

Cultural Goods

The production of Cultural Goods is similar to the production of city Goods, except starting a production requires a resource that you gather within your settlement.

No Trading

Unlike city Goods, Cultural Goods cannot be traded with other players. Once you are done with your current settlement, your stock of Cultural Goods stays with that settlement. Starting a new settlement means you must build up your stock of Cultural Goods again.

Bonus Production

With each completed settlement that gives a unique reward, your chance for bonus production will increase for the next settlement you start of that culture. When this chance gets triggered upon collection, you will get four times the amount of produced Cultural Goods!

DeletedUser8823

Embassy Advancements

Unlock New Buildings

To finish the questline of this culture, you need to unlock new buildings in the Embassy. Buildings further along the advancements are generally more powerful, so it pays off to unlock them.

Improve Your Diplomatic Relationship

To unlock advancements, you will need more and more diplomacy, which is always reflected by the sum of all diplomacy buildings that you currently have in the settlement.

Invest Cultural Goods

The second requirement to unlock an advancement is to pay Cultural Goods that you need to produce within the corresponding buildings.

Praeceptor

Marquis
Does any of this add to your ranking points or enhance your main city in a meaningful way?

If not, I can't see any reason to bother with it.