• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Vikings Arriving in FoE?

Logain Sedai

Baronet
it will be an ANNOUNCEMENT

not the release

Ah... you're right. I was to quick to read and it's good you made the remark as I was ready to open a world of the German server although I don't really speak German.
But still, if there is an announcement on a live server, I expect there will be one at the minimum at the same time here on the beta server.

Julian24

Viceroy
Ah... you're right. I was to quick to read and it's good you made the remark as I was ready to open a world of the German server although I don't really speak German.
But still, if there is an announcement on a live server, I expect there will be one at the minimum at the same time here on the beta server.
It will not be announced on the German forum, but at the event (ESL in Hamburg). The only thing announced on the German forum was, that they will announce a new feature at during the ESL.

DeletedUser8915

I'm really wondering what could this be. My very first opinion was new era, until I realised VF has been released just few months ago and we got just 2 parts. Then I was thinking about completely new event mechanic, which would make a task to build such an outpost and produce new resources there - needed for the event progress (what would be a great event in my opinion). But new town hall does not support this idea. Currently, I'm thinking about something like new zone, new area or playfiled we could visit and meet Vikings there.. But only time can show..

DeletedUser5097

I'm really wondering what could this be. My very first opinion was new era, until I realised VF has been released just few months ago and we got just 2 parts. Then I was thinking about completely new event mechanic, which would make a task to build such an outpost and produce new resources there - needed for the event progress (what would be a great event in my opinion). But new town hall does not support this idea. Currently, I'm thinking about something like new zone, new area or playfiled we could visit and meet Vikings there.. But only time can show..
The leaked forum announchment;
Cultural Settlements

Receive Unique Rewards

Build the town of a foreign culture and finish their questline to receive unique and powerful rewards.

Establish a Relationship

To develop the outpost, produce unique Cultural Goods and improve your relationship with the selected culture by building diplomacy buildings.

Repeat Your Success

Once the questline is finished, the Outpost becomes self-sustainable. You can then select a culture again to do another playthrough! Hint: A Settlement is gone once you finished it.
Just some new stuff to think about ;)

DeletedUser5955

if @drakenridder quotes are correct its extremly similiar to what I suggested a very long time on PL serwer
I suggested a terrain that is activated during events and player can build there anything player wishes, but after the event ends this area becomes inactive.

I suggested it becouse on evenmts there are big amount of stupid quests"build this or that" wich on high level cities is just giving headache and problems
i mean if i have a city in virtual that is build exzcacly to my wishes i wont have any spare room for any stuff i am not using.

DeletedUser7951

I suggested a terrain that is activated during events and player can build there anything player wishes, but after the event ends this area becomes inactive.
Don't think it's what you suggested. I think it's more related to what someone said earlier, the Elevanr feature. An outpost event (similar to the Elevenar race ?) where you have e bunch of the same dull, build this - produce that quests. When the outpost questline is done, it becomes inactive.

But it certainly would be nice if there was an overlap with outpost quests and event quest, so you didn't have to build silly odd numbers of buildings to delete them before the shovel hits the dirt.

DeletedUser8915

The only thing I really hope won´t happen is, for me known from one other browser game, that this outpost will become some short-term new playfield, which will be activated every few months and each time we will start building it from zero. Please, don´t let this happen. That´s the reason why have I never played games like Tribal Wars, where players start each season on new servers from nothing. We are in Forge of Empires, once built, forever built, or until my decision to destroy it.

DeletedUser5097

The only thing I really hope won´t happen is, for me known from one other browser game, that this outpost will become some short-term new playfield, which will be activated every few months and each time we will start building it from zero. Please, don´t let this happen. That´s the reason why have I never played games like Tribal Wars, where players start each season on new servers from nothing. We are in Forge of Empires, once built, forever built, or until my decision to destroy it.
Please read this again
Once the questline is finished, the Outpost becomes self-sustainable. You can then select a culture again to do another playthrough! Hint: A Settlement is gone once you finished it.
So whenever you finished it, or said it in a another way, once you complete the last
mission of the settlement, it will reset ready for the next culture of your chooise. At
least as far my understanding goes. It will reset after you complete the final mission,
or after completion and selecting a new culture.

Fokes please just don't judge something before we know with whatever we are
dealling with. We are just judging our toughts and speculations based off a few
pictures of Viking themed builds and a leaked announchment.

Emberguard

Emperor
What I'm curious about is whether once you've finished the settlement and reset are you able to re-do the exact same mission for the same reward? Depending on /what/ the reward is it may end up being easier to re-do a settlement then finding upgrade kits. Will there be a set amount of times we can complete settlements and something I should take my time with or are they unlimited and therefore better speedrunning through them?

DeletedUser8823

I found this:

Code:
:
{id: "vikings", path: "vikings", category: "outpost", tabTitle: "Vikings",…}
category
:
"outpost"
id
:
"vikings"
path
:
"vikings"
tabTitle
:
"Vikings"
__class__
:
"QuestTabMetadata"
:
{id: "egyptians", path: "egyptians", category: "outpost", tabTitle: "Egyptians",…}
category
:
"outpost"
id
:
"egyptians"
path
:
"egyptians"
tabTitle
:
"Egyptians"
__class__
:
"QuestTabMetadata"

DeletedUser8406

In some games there are some "new fields" for quest. After finishing, player can decide, if he wants to continue playing (without additional reward) or open new field for new quest.

DeletedUser

I know some German players who will be there.
I have to take care of my little daughter while the big is away with mommy, unfortunately...