• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St Patrick's Day Event

CrashBoom

Legend
The current plan is to have the event start tomorrow during the day (29th January) but we'll let you know if this isn't the case.
so it starts today (most likely with a forum post that it has started) or they will let us know that it doesn't start today

so in both cases they will post something

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
How does that work then.

Usually one divides their city into a number of parallel roads. This set would go between two of them an appropriate distance apart. I posted several layouts with varying numbers of pieces earlier in the thread. Most had roads on two sides.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Nice plans however none appear to provide the maximum from each building, as each connection has to be with a different building or it will not work As well as others having more connections than are needed to provide their maximum output..

Almost all of them provide the maximum from each building. Moon Gates need 4 distinct adjacent connections. Fawns and Faery Circles need 3. Willows and Standing Stones only need 2.

6zeva9

Baronet
They only announcend that the event should start today. Where do you read that they wait for feedback? They need the feedback also for the announcement this time thats true. But the event should be online regardless of this
They said the plan was to start it during the day of the 29th. They normally start the the Events at 12:00 GMT on Beta, so expect some action in the next few hours.

Havik79

Baronet
Usually one divides their city into a number of parallel roads. This set would go between two of them an appropriate distance apart. I posted several layouts with varying numbers of pieces earlier in the thread. Most had roads on two sides.

So if you do not follow that type of layout then it needs 3 roads then.

DeletedUser10252

About the announcement: the basic working of the event is quite clear; the specific things I'll have to see in the event itself, because it's often difficult to figure out everything if you can't play with it.
One thing I can suggest, whenever it's possible in the description of the event, you could use lists or other ways to highlight the text.
When it's all this plain, people tend to get tired reading and just go figure out things for themselves (even if they get them wrong). ;)

Emberguard

Emperor
They only announcend that the event should start today. Where do you read that they wait for feedback? They need the feedback also for the announcement this time thats true. But the event should be online regardless of this
1580298562796.png

I'm sure it'll start soon. But they are also wanting feedback on the announcement itself

Sovereign

Inhouse Community Manager
That's not quite what I was asking. Are "tasks" the same as "quests"?

Because if yes then with the need to have 25 "tasks" per set of chests you'd only have room to reset once with 6 tasks leeway. If no and the access to chests is separate from completing the normal quests then are those tasks limited in how many times you can complete them or can they be repeated an unlimited amount of times through resetting?
Tasks are the three things along the top of the event window, and each completed task gives a Grand Prize progress point. An example of a task would be "Hire a manager" or "Upgrade your Hats Factory to level 25". Quests work the same as any other event. The number of tasks available per stage varies. Once you've completed all the tasks, the only way to get more Grand Prize progress is to reset and start again.

The strange thing is Sovereign has said it is 25 tasks per Grand prize but the Event Window shows 20 tasks per Grand Prize, in line with most of the Events over the past 12 months.
The screenshot was a placeholder, I've updated it. There are 25 grand prize progress points needed per Grand Prize won.

For those asking, the Grand Prize will be Selection Kits like this. You can scroll to select other buildings from the set:

2020-01-29%2013_05_35-Forge%20of%20Empires.png

6zeva9

Baronet
ONLY Selection Kits as Grand Prizes? None of the other usual prizes at the even slots as with the current Forge Bowl?

Sovereign

Inhouse Community Manager
ONLY Selection Kits as Grand Prizes? None of the other usual prizes at the even slots as with the current Forge Bowl?
No, the Grand Prize mechanic will work similarly to other events, in so far that it isn't always a selection kit. Check the screenshot from the main announcement.

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
Let's say that you have a thing about willow trees and want more than one...will the Selection Kit allow you to do that?

Asking for a friend.

6zeva9

Baronet
Now that the main Event Screen has been updated you will need to update this part of the Announcement as well.

1580301283576.png

Last edited:

Feanor II

Baronet
Let's say that you have a thing about willow trees and want more than one...will the Selection Kit allow you to do that?

Asking for a friend.
Presumably yes; the graphic says you can choose any upgrade or building from the Celtic set with a selection kit. However, if it works the same as other sets (probably a very safe assumption), putting 2 of the same next to each other will not trigger the bonuses; it's how many unique set buildings it's touching.

DeletedUser10265

If I've done my math correctly, the new set compares favorably with the Cherry Set:

Cherry (Level 2):
7 FP/25sq=.28 FP/sq/day
10 goods/25sq=.4 goods/sq/day

St Patrick (Level 2):
14 FP/30sq=.47 FP/sq./day
20 goods/30sq=.67 FP/sq/day
No, you have not.

Cherry garden set requires 5 road tiles, Celtic forest requires 6 road tiles, that makes:
7 FP/30 tiles = 0.233... FP/tile for cherry garden set
14 FP/36 tiles = 0.388... FP/tile for celtic forest

Some other buildings:
6 FP/18 tiles = 0.33... FP/tile for colossus
12.8 PF/27.5 tiles = 0.47 FP/tile for crow's nest

DeletedUser10267

Please feedback below on the St Patrick's Day Event detailed here and report any bugs in the bug forum here.

You may have noticed we haven't supplied a date to start with. This is because we would first like your feedback on the Forum Announcement and the ease of understanding the Event and new Mechanic without yet seeing the Event.

Do you understand the Factories, the Ferry and the Managers? What is clear and what is not clear? Once the Event has started we'd also invite you to re-read the announcement and see if there is anything you would change.

I know you are impatient to start the new feature but we don't have a confirmed release date just yet.
Having read through the promo in the Forum it strikes me as being an ambitious new format and I think there will be a period of adjustment to the change in event play. I, for one, am looking forward to it, however I have a feeling it's going to be a steep learning curve for some players. More opinions on this later.