• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St Patrick's Day Event

DeletedUser10357

The announcement is clear enough if you are a native English speaker, it is not really as complicated as it sounds, but it is hard to visualize without actually playing it. I will be looking forward to how I understood the announcement compared to playing the game. Thanks for coming up with something new for us!

Silverhide

Farmer
I speak English in a passable way, and the announcement seems pretty straightforward in that I understand we will get Factories going, move the goods by Ferry, and eventually be able to automate everything with the help of the in-game Managers. I'm glad we do not have to worry about something like the Reindeer Collection where we had to spend diamonds AFTER working so hard to collect the reindeer...not that collecting a bag full-o-leprechauns wouldn't be fun, you know? I'm looking forward to this new Event!

Margie94

Farmer
Hello, It seems to be very multifaceted. I had to read it slowly to get the hang of the elements of the event to figure it out, but after reading the whole thing I believe I understand the concept of the event. It seems to add elements of a number of other events and the settlements! :) There may be parts that could be more clear but I won't know until I play.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
started looking at layouts. the 'good' pieces of the set being the 1x1 and the 4x3, I started with the obvious doubling up of the 4x3:

1580257330881.png

the back side just needs to be T-ed into. At this point it's a very efficient FP-producing set (at about 0.46 FP/square including half-road where appropriate (9*0.5+2.5 for the T+45 for the buildings = 52 squares). 2*8+2x2+4x1 = 24 FP.

This requires a total of 8 pieces - 5 of which you will definitely want at level 2 for the FP, 3 of which may or may not matter to you if they're at level 1 or 2.

By comparison the abandoned asylum is 27.5 squares for 11 FP (0.40 FP/square).

I tried some monstrosities too but kept running into 'where does it stop?' issues as I tried to finish off the connections on outlying buildings.

A simple example of a more contorted shape getting 2 more moon gates in:
1580257989221.png

Because of the contorted nature of the roads it's no more efficient space-wise - but it is only 2 more level 2s and 2 level 1s for an extra 16 FP.

One final layout for 2 moon gates:

1580258386640.png
This might be easier to fit. It's slightly less efficient in terms of FP from my first layout but does require less pieces (1 more willow but 1 less fawn and 1 less standing stone) so should theoretically be easier to win. It also has the advantage of fitting into a fairly normal road layout seamlessly.

Edit: Another neat layout:
1580260517284.png
The Faery Rings are inactive (no road) so it doesn't matter they're not fully supported. There's 4 moon gates, 6 fawns, 2 willows, and 2 standing stones, all fully activated. It has space for two sentinel towers (the black dots), and puts out 44 FP in 90 squares including half-road (0.49 FP/square) even while discarding them as wasted space.

Edit: Just realised the FP bonus on the fawn is only at 2 connections, so those sentinel outpost spots can be partially-supported fawns for another 4 FP.

Last edited:

YukonJack

Farmer
I have read the announcement and have a basic understanding of how the event is going to work. As for tweaking the announcement to make it more easily understood, I will have to have some play time in the event and re-read the announcement to give some ideas about how to "punch it up".

DeletedUser6154

Sorry, I don't like this kind of very complex sets of buildings.
I'm not going to put much effort, or diamonds, on this event...
It might be good for those at the very beginning of their cities. Not my case!

But yey! Good work developing new mechanics for other events! That coul'd be better used in the future!

DeletedUser8262

The event looks interesting if a little complicated at this stage but sadly i'm not a fan of bldg sets in general and large sets in particular so while i'll do the event in here i'll probably skip it over on live

Havik79

Baronet
Yeah no.
Sounds very micromanagement which I do not care for in this game, it's what 5x6 and needs roads on 3 sides, hell no, 14fp is nice, RNG goods suck, don't care for the military boosts, just make one or two, not all 4, and supply boost is worthless.

Biggest thing putting me of is the numbers, to get the full advantage you need to get 10 parts, and I am just really dirty on that right now thanks to the fact that this forge bowl is looking like 1 if I am lucky of the 6 worlds I play on will get max level main building which has never happened in the 2 years I have been playing, and is now really putting me off needing so many parts.

jtrucker

Baronet
I believe I do understand the mechanics before seeing the event (but I will know only after I've seen it if it works the way I imagine)...
One think seems unclear without seeing the event itself:
"Click on Top hat to hire a manager" - On that screenshot I don't see any top hat. Unless there will be one, I don't know where to hire the manager (I would assume clicking on their icon/avatar might do it, but of course I don't know before the event starts).

jtrucker

Baronet
Biggest thing putting me of is the numbers, to get the full advantage you need to get 10 parts, and I am just really dirty on that right now thanks to the fact that this forge bowl is looking like 1 if I am lucky of the 6 worlds I play on will get max level main building which has never happened in the 2 years I have been playing, and is now really putting me off needing so many parts.

Off topic I know - but you must be doing something really wrong. I will have max lvl for free on all servers. The trick is to NOT use the highest player EVER. For 2/3 use the middle player with good daily special return (coach for 5% of DS) and for the last 1/3 use the SHORTEST player (NO EXPCEPTIONS!!) with coach for extra yard and you have max lvl practically guaranteed. Too late now, I know :), sorry.

hi everybody!

have created a beta account to participate early & comment on st. patrick's day.

description so far quite open to imagination:

there is an indication about the general mechanics, but nothing about timing

* how long does the plant manufacture before i can send the ferry (is it the usual 6 manufacturing options?)
* how long does the ferry run before it delivers
* are the various plants and ferries aligned time-wise or do they run on different times?
* how many plants and ferries are there?

if these are desynced that means an awful lot of logins until all managers all employed - which would make it really awkward as a multi-world event.

looking forward to replies and how it effectively looks in game.

DeletedUser10283

Ok, I'm not a natural english speaker and I hope, I've understand all parts.
So I'm looking forward to play this event and learn, how to play best.
And I'm glad, that there isn't a feature like the Reindeer Collection.

Sovereign

Inhouse Community Manager
Morning all, thanks so much for your feedback. So glad to see everyone so excited for the event, and glad to see my announcement isn't total garbage :D I've left some answers to some questions below, and I'll make the adjustments to this announcement later today.

what about road connections?
will connecting 1 building will be sufficient?
would be fine if info would be added accordingly, thanks
The Moon Gate, Faery Rings and Druid Willow require roads, the Standing Stone and Majestic Fawn don't. I'll add this to the announcement. The set building works in a similar configuration as previous sets like Piazza and Cherry Garden.

What is completely unclear is the last part with the Grand Prizes and the Stages.

Is the "Next Stage" always reached when a Grand Prize is reached? Are the Forge Points on the right in the picture with the stage chests the Grand Prize? If not, which progress in "Once you've selected your stage prizes, the progress will be reset" is reset? And what production can be started over? Are the factories and ships and festival not working while I'm in an end of stage phase?
The "Next Stage" isn't reached when the Grand Prize is reached, no. You get a Grand Prize progress point for each task completed up to a set maximum (which varies). The next stage button appears once you have unlocked all of the factories, but it has a high cost meaning you have to gather more shamrocks to click it.

The progress reset is all of the factories, their managers, and their levels, as well as your Shamrocks. The only thing not reset is the prizes you've earned and the Pots of Gold.
But of course, there are some questions: Has the factory the same production times as Supplies factory (5min, 15min 1h, 4h, 8h, 1d)?
And what if you wont hire a manager? Can you collect it on your own?
Of course, such question will be more clearer when you start with the event.

I like the idea with the gif in the announcement. Maybe you could add symbol of the shamrock into the notice. Then for non native english speaker would be a bit clearer ;)
No, factory productions are much more in line with seconds and minutes, not like supply building options. If you don't have a manager, you have to click the factory to collect the production.
don't take it badly, but it's not clear what needs to be done. The actions - once started - how long do they take? Are they fast and require a garrison, or do they last for hours? how do you switch from shamrock to pot? etc ...
See above for duration. You don't switch from Shamrocks to Pots of Gold. Pots of Gold are used to upgrade your factory managers. Shamrocks are used to unlock new levels for factories and increase their output.

I like new ideas, but it sounds rather complicated. Can you give us some spoilers on strategy?
For the Beta players a litte extra gold would be nice, because we have to find out the strategy ourselves, the normal server players get strategy guides from us

Probably we have to get 4 advisors to get the production going automatically. How fast do they work, especially during a working week when your only online morning and evening. Do we have to collect the tasks or are they finished also automaticlly. If not a fast production line would be a waste of gold.

For the second group of the chests, is the first one also free? So we would need 1000 gold to collect al chests?

Are there daily prices? In the announcement there is an additional kit on the left side, which would be helpful. How are daily prices picked? Whenn you complete a stage? Seems i have to try it out tomorrow

Im looking forward to it
The cost to open a box in the first 6 is 50 Pots of Gold (except for the first which is free). If you opt for a new set of 6 boxes, it increases to 100 per box, and so on. Only the first box opening is free. There aren't daily prizes, no. The kit in the box screen is for unlocking all 6 boxes.

Your request was to feedback on the announcement: I tried to read it carefully, but now I have to give feedback while I cannot scroll back to the announcement. That is one thing to learn for simular requests in the future. We must be able to leave our feedback right under the announcement.
Further you write we see in the middle of town ONE of the factories. When you look at the screen and the explanation further it looks lke there are two facories. In the explanation of how a factory works one of them is highlighted, but the upgrade screen of a factory manager shows the manager of the other factory. It would be helpful to state explicitely how many factories there are. (Unless different players will encounter a different number of factories of course.)
Than assuming there are two factories, there is no explanation how you can ship both productions. I mean can you only ship the production of one factory at a time, or can you ship mixed productions and also how do you decide which production will be shipped?
Lastly the bottom right icon in the event screen is not explained unless this is the icon for moving up a level (or what was that called, I cannot check that now) or is it in fact a third factory, though it looks different from the other two factory icons?
Hope this helps. :)
There are 5 factories, a ship, and a festival, so 7 elements to interact with. Each have the option to buy a manager to automate and improve output. The factories all pool their goods to one central location for the ship to collect and transport to the festival. The icon in the bottom right is the "next stage" section of the announcement.

The announcement itself is really tl;dr.
Agreed :D

I believe I do understand the mechanics before seeing the event (but I will know only after I've seen it if it works the way I imagine)...
One think seems unclear without seeing the event itself:
"Click on Top hat to hire a manager" - On that screenshot I don't see any top hat. Unless there will be one, I don't know where to hire the manager (I would assume clicking on their icon/avatar might do it, but of course I don't know before the event starts).
Thanks, will exchange the screenshot.

Last edited: