• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St Patrick's Day Event

o.k. thanks @Sovereign

a little bit clearer but still foggy:

* you get celtic kits as grand prices and for opening a full set of boxes - so far so good

* you manage a variety of manufacturing plants and optimise them with gold pots - so far so good

* after each stage there are up to two levels of reward boxes - allright
* the cost of the reward boxes doubles(?) every time - not so good

* you have to start from scratch after each stage - reinvest gold pots in the manufacturing optimisation etc. -
WAIT WHAT !?!! we'll have to do all this micromanagement jiggle several times ... and that in addition to the normal event occupation?
OMG !!! HOW MANY ROUNDS TO FuLL SET (10 kits) ??

Sovereign

Inhouse Community Manager
o.k. thanks @Sovereign

a little bit clearer but still foggy:

* you get celtic kits as grand prices and for opening a full set of boxes - so far so good

* you manage a variety of manufacturing plants and optimise them with gold pots - so far so good

* after each stage there are up to two levels of reward boxes - allright
* the cost of the reward boxes doubles(?) every time - not so good

* you have to start from scratch after each stage - reinvest gold pots in the manufacturing optimisation etc. -
WAIT WHAT !?!! we'll have to do all this micromanagement jiggle several times ... and that in addition to the normal event occupation?
OMG !!! HOW MANY ROUNDS TO FuLL SET (10 kits) ??
You get the selection kits for the Celtic Forest from finishing tasks and collecting Grand Prize points (similar to most events. 25 tasks = Grand Prize). You also get a selection kit when you select next stage, if you open all 6 of the boxes. There are not only two levels of reward boxes, but the cost scales once you've opened the six available.

As for the reset, yeah, this is one of the core mechanics of an idle game. There is essentially a limited number of tasks available, and you must reset and start again to get new tasks. In Forge of Empires, these tasks count towards Grand Prize progress, meaning tasks will be required to earn more selection kits, and to get more tasks you need to reset.

As with all events, the event should be balanced so the grand prize is achievable with daily activity and completing the questline.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Emperor
There is essentially a limited number of tasks available, and you must reset and start again to get new tasks. In Forge of Empires, these tasks count towards Grand Prize progress, meaning tasks will be required to earn more selection kits, and to get more tasks you need to reset.
Can you reset without opening the chests? Or are you required to get all chests to reset?

CrashBoom

Legend
Can you reset without opening the chests? Or are you required to get all chests to reset?
StageComplete1.3.png
I would guess the continue is the reset

Emberguard

Emperor
StageComplete1.3.png
I would guess the continue is the reset
Ok that makes sense.

So are the tasks for opening chests separate from the quests? Or are we limited to 56 quests as tasks? Are we hindering ourselves by resetting early? Or is it a good idea to reset? Is it possible to completely run out of tasks or does resetting make it possible to have a never ending run (for as much as you can complete)?

DeletedUser10025

what is the most effective way to place all celtic forest set ?

6zeva9

Baronet
Ok that makes sense.

So are the tasks for opening chests separate from the quests? Or are we limited to 56 quests as tasks? Are we hindering ourselves by resetting early? Or is it a good idea to reset? Is it possible to completely run out of tasks or does resetting make it possible to have a never ending run (for as much as you can complete)?
The 56 Quests work like other Events as this is how we get the Pots of Gold to spend in the Event Window to earn Shamrocks and open Chests.

6zeva9

Baronet
started looking at layouts. the 'good' pieces of the set being the 1x1 and the 4x3, I started with the obvious doubling up of the 4x3:

View attachment 4756

the back side just needs to be T-ed into. At this point it's a very efficient FP-producing set (at about 0.46 FP/square including half-road where appropriate (9*0.5+2.5 for the T+45 for the buildings = 52 squares). 2*8+2x2+4x1 = 24 FP.

This requires a total of 8 pieces - 5 of which you will definitely want at level 2 for the FP, 3 of which may or may not matter to you if they're at level 1 or 2.

By comparison the abandoned asylum is 27.5 squares for 11 FP (0.40 FP/square).

I tried some monstrosities too but kept running into 'where does it stop?' issues as I tried to finish off the connections on outlying buildings.

A simple example of a more contorted shape getting 2 more moon gates in:
View attachment 4757

Because of the contorted nature of the roads it's no more efficient space-wise - but it is only 2 more level 2s and 2 level 1s for an extra 16 FP.

One final layout for 2 moon gates:

View attachment 4758
This might be easier to fit. It's slightly less efficient in terms of FP from my first layout but does require less pieces (1 more willow but 1 less fawn and 1 less standing stone) so should theoretically be easier to win. It also has the advantage of fitting into a fairly normal road layout seamlessly.

Edit: Another neat layout:
View attachment 4759
The Faery Rings are inactive (no road) so it doesn't matter they're not fully supported. There's 4 moon gates, 6 fawns, 2 willows, and 2 standing stones, all fully activated. It has space for two sentinel towers (the black dots), and puts out 44 FP in 90 squares including half-road (0.49 FP/square) even while discarding them as wasted space.

Edit: Just realised the FP bonus on the fawn is only at 2 connections, so those sentinel outpost spots can be partially-supported fawns for another 4 FP.
Nice plans however none appear to provide the maximum from each building, as each connection has to be with a different building or it will not work As well as others having more connections than are needed to provide their maximum output..

Emberguard

Emperor
The 56 Quests work like other Events as this is how we get the Pots of Gold to spend in the Event Window to earn Shamrocks and open Chests.
That's not quite what I was asking. Are "tasks" the same as "quests"?

Because if yes then with the need to have 25 "tasks" per set of chests you'd only have room to reset once with 6 tasks leeway. If no and the access to chests is separate from completing the normal quests then are those tasks limited in how many times you can complete them or can they be repeated an unlimited amount of times through resetting?

Last edited:

DeletedUser9733

Is this going to be another Piazza random lucky dip were I get 3 of one type and none of another type and not enough parts to build a complete set?

6zeva9

Baronet
That's not quite what I was asking. Are "tasks" the same as "quests"?
Sorry for any misunderstanding I was merely pointing out that the 56 Quests referred to in the Announcement are different from the number of tasks in the Event Window,
The strange thing is Sovereign has said it is 25 tasks per Grand prize but the Event Window shows 20 tasks per Grand Prize, in line with most of the Events over the past 12 months.

Emberguard

Emperor
Have the event started yet? I can't find any event window in my view, am I missing something?
No it hasn't started. You missed the announcement that they wanted feedback on the announcement ;) Then we'll get the event after

Sorry for any misunderstanding I was merely pointing out that the 56 Quests referred to in the Announcement are different from the number of tasks in the Event Window,
Thankyou :D

kaymedic

Marquis
No it hasn't started. You missed the announcement that they wanted feedback on the announcement ;) Then we'll get the event after

Thankyou :D

They only announcend that the event should start today. Where do you read that they wait for feedback? They need the feedback also for the announcement this time thats true. But the event should be online regardless of this