• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St Patrick's Day Event

PhoenixFenix

Baronet
Based on only the announcement I think I understand the big picture when it comes to the event mechanics. It sounds like it could be fun. But since it's the most complicated one by far I think you need to actually play it to get really get it. The thing that feels most unclear from just reading the announcement was figuring out how to best use the pots of gold. It will also be interesting to see how time consuming it is, based on actual production/shipping time.

DeletedUser9493

Looks very good (though possibly too complex/busy alongside GE and GBG?) -- looking forward to trying it out!

A suggestion for your announcement text:
In the second paragraph, you write: "The St. Patrick's Day Event introduces a brand new and unique way to collect some awesome avatars, achievements and buildings as rewards, with a completely new event mechanic" (my emphasis). But many elements look familiar, making "brand new" and "unique" sound a bit overstated.
I'd suggest reformulating that sentence, e.g. to something like: "The St. Patrick's Day Event introduces a completely new event mechanic that allows for various strategic choices while you collect some awesome avatars, achievements and buildings as rewards."

woody432

Farmer
Are all the quests going to be the same boring and expensive ones as always...buy 5 fp, spend 9 billion coins , build 60 buildings, 25 different 4hr and8hr productions or have you done something completely different...i don't think so

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
Are all the quests going to be the same boring and expensive ones as always...buy 5 fp, spend 9 billion coins , build 60 buildings, 25 different 4hr and8hr productions or have you done something completely different...i don't think so
What kind of quests would you like to see? What would you consider as completely different but also a suitable difficulty level?

The Lady Ann

Baronet
What kind of quests would you like to see? What would you consider as completely different but also a suitable difficulty level?

'do a single action in your GbG or 2x 24hr production supplies' and have it land on the 1st Thursday of the daily quests, it hopefully encourages people to try GbG and people should not get this quest when there is no GbG running

6zeva9

Baronet
What is missing from the Buildings is what they provide on there own without any connections.
I would guess that the smallest two probably only give some happiness while the others give either coins or supplies or both and which one or more provide additional population?

DeletedUser6029

don't take it badly, but it's not clear what needs to be done. The actions - once started - how long do they take? Are they fast and require a garrison, or do they last for hours? how do you switch from shamrock to pot? etc ...

Feanor II

Baronet
don't take it badly, but it's not clear what needs to be done. The actions - once started - how long do they take? Are they fast and require a garrison, or do they last for hours? how do you switch from shamrock to pot? etc ...
I think a lot of this stuff will become clear once we have a chance to do it. Seems kind of "cart before the horse" to be analyzing the mini-game before we have a chance to try it.

DeletedUser10244

I like new ideas, but it sounds rather complicated. Can you give us some spoilers on strategy?
For the Beta players a litte extra gold would be nice, because we have to find out the strategy ourselves, the normal server players get strategy guides from us

Probably we have to get 4 advisors to get the production going automatically. How fast do they work, especially during a working week when your only online morning and evening. Do we have to collect the tasks or are they finished also automaticlly. If not a fast production line would be a waste of gold.

For the second group of the chests, is the first one also free? So we would need 1000 gold to collect al chests?

Are there daily prices? In the announcement there is an additional kit on the left side, which would be helpful. How are daily prices picked? Whenn you complete a stage? Seems i have to try it out tomorrow

Im looking forward to it

DeletedUser7669

Your request was to feedback on the announcement: I tried to read it carefully, but now I have to give feedback while I cannot scroll back to the announcement. That is one thing to learn for simular requests in the future. We must be able to leave our feedback right under the announcement.
Further you write we see in the middle of town ONE of the factories. When you look at the screen and the explanation further it looks lke there are two facories. In the explanation of how a factory works one of them is highlighted, but the upgrade screen of a factory manager shows the manager of the other factory. It would be helpful to state explicitely how many factories there are. (Unless different players will encounter a different number of factories of course.)
Than assuming there are two factories, there is no explanation how you can ship both productions. I mean can you only ship the production of one factory at a time, or can you ship mixed productions and also how do you decide which production will be shipped?
Lastly the bottom right icon in the event screen is not explained unless this is the icon for moving up a level (or what was that called, I cannot check that now) or is it in fact a third factory, though it looks different from the other two factory icons?
Hope this helps. :)

DeletedUser10150

This sounds complicated, & I'm not interested in another "set" of buildings which will somehow inevitably be plunder-able. I will however, play for the rewards and avatars.
Thank you for more avatars :)

DeletedUser8887

The instructions and event are too complex for me. We are already doing GE, GB and GVG while trying to grow our cities, be good guildmates, do the daily challenge and pay attention to the antiques dealer. Something this complex seems overwhelming.

I would like to see you include the various icons for goods, attack, defense, etc when you are listing the rewards for each set piece in the instructions. Some of us learn better visually than with text.

The announcement does not make me want to play the event. It sounds like a lot of work and I don't really need more set pieces. I would rather have a single building that I can move around to fit in my city when I have to rearrange it.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
The event mechanic looks interesting. It's hard to track it all from the description, but I'm glad it's more involved than do quests, get currency, open chests. I look forward to seeing the event in action.

I'm also glad to see a new set and will play around with some layouts over the next few days :) I am however unenthused with the military bonuses on it. It doesn't stack up to the Olympic Treasury or Sentinel outpost in defense to attacking army efficiency. And I have almost no interest in more attack to attacking army (not that it does that well either).

DeletedUser

The announcement itself is really tl;dr. I need to play it to grab it, sorry. But huge plus for stats.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
The biggest issue with the announcement is it needs to give a better overview before going into specifics. i.e. in one paragraph it would be good to have the basics of the event explained:

i.e.
first explain the relation between goods, shamrocks, and factory levels (? - it looks like this is what shamrocks are used for from the images but the description doesn't give much of an impression beyond apparently you want to earn shamrocks). This seems to be the core of the minigame - and mixing in pots of gold into the description at this point only adds confusion)

then explain the objective of the town (the tasks you're ultimately trying to advance)

then go onto explain quests and incidents giving pots of gold and the various uses for pots of gold (managers, extra chests, speed-ups)

Finally, an idle game in Forge of Empires.
Let's see if we can find some other games that worked as inspiration for the devs and then adapt best working solutions.
Like with the archeology event. :)

Laobhan

Farmer
Hi Guys, the event itself is fine and nice to see a new format, what i have an issue is, being a Londoner of an Irish parent and having moved back to Ireland over 40 years ago, Never in all my time living in Ireland, have I heard anyone say "Top of the morning to you" cead mile failte would be a typical Irish welcome and I know we are not supposed to use any language but English on the server, so maybe the english translation of One Hundred Thousand welcomes. might be better, Just a thought,