• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Spoiler Space Age: Venus

CrashBoom

Legend
In relation to the new Great Building, the Fragments bonus, would it be the Sanctuary, Wells, Shrinks and Improvements fragments?
there is NO fragments bonus

I suspect fragments will be similar to Mars Ore and such. Probably gives medals in lower ages.
that wouldn't be a fragment
that would be a special goods bonus
and that already exists in SAAB

so they sure won't give it directly in the next age again

Devilsangel

Baronet
It's not 'fragments', it's 'shards'...and according to the info in the OP it's also something new that is going to appear in the colonies, whether only starting from Venus or will be added to all colonies is for us to find out after the release..or at least after the description of the bonus is found in the data
My best guess it's something that will be flying around in the atmosphere of the colonies and the gb is for catching it and giving some random prizes for every (or a percentage of every) shard caught (similar to diplomatically gifts or spoils of war mechanic). But it's just a guess for now ;)

Last edited:
I 100% understand that some people may not like space outposts, but maybe try to give some constructive feedback instead of the usual 'this sucks, change it'. I also wonder how many of you actually participated in the space outposts feedback thread that Innogames opened a few months ago.

Criticize is easy, but giving actual solutions is hard.

I like the idea of moving around on the planet with colonies. But then, the ore location must be also be inside/part of the colony, and after it depletes (e.g. when 20000 ore has been extracted), a new location must be chosen, with another ore stash (with random amounts on it). finding/obtaining this location might also trigger some events (e.g. having to fight for it), and holding this location as well (defending it). this could even lead to new types of buildings (defense towers, military barracks etc) that help with defending it, and random raidings of other stashes controlled by other factions (which replace the current ore locations on the map).

well, these are just a few ideas that they could use for era after venus :p

Havik79

Baronet
The problem is the colonies are pointless, the only thing they are there for is coins for the special goods that is it, by the time you search Space ages you would have several good event buildings that should be producing lots of goods, so no point in building the goods buildings in the colony, just homes, so why would anyone like them.

The problem is the colonies are pointless, the only thing they are there for is coins for the special goods that is it, by the time you search Space ages you would have several good event buildings that should be producing lots of goods, so no point in building the goods buildings in the colony, just homes, so why would anyone like them.
On an industrial scale, the goods can only be produced in the colonies. It can be gifted or sold to other players, as well as replenish the treasury.

Tahrakaiitoo

Marquis
I also wonder how many of you actually participated in the space outposts feedback thread that Innogames opened a few months ago.

Well, I did.

Criticize is easy, but giving actual solutions is hard.

Actually, in this case the solution is pretty simple: Stop doing the stupid colony and ore gimmick. They're not fun.

Now, what they should do INSTEAD, yeah well there's loads of things they could do...

I'm personally interested in going underground and creating a parallel city beneath our current one. Could look really neat (think Verne's journey to the center of the earth type stuff) and would give us a new map to unlock and build on.

Some other ideas; alternate realities/dimensions, time travel so we can have some 'advanced old civilizations', or you know... Just greatly expand and upgrade the city map so we will have space for industry and whatever new stuff they think of. They have made some awesome, beautiful maps and the basic city one we have really pales in comparison now.

But stopping doing what they are doing now IS the solution in this case. So that comes first. We will have had 3 space ages soon, I personally think that's more than enough (although we had 4 'future' ages, so perhaps 1 more, but I hope they'll do something else).

It's just not fun to have to gather 'special ore' through only fighting or negotiating. It's really not.
And it's also not fun to have a colony map that will disappear. It takes away any and all desire I have to build there; so I just stick to homes to generate Credits and that's super boring.

Last edited:
On an industrial scale, the goods can only be produced in the colonies. It can be gifted or sold to other players, as well as replenish the treasury.
Or by event buildings (that give goods) and sleigh builders that are reno'ed up to that age. I only use the colony for credits to mine the c-map of ore/ice.

Owl II

Emperor
Or by event buildings (that give goods) and sleigh builders that are reno'ed up to that age. I only use the colony for credits to mine the c-map of ore/ice.
noooup:) The goods are produced on an industrial scale chateau + arc+ a big guild and many friends. But the colony helps, and it helps very well

CrashBoom

Legend
my SAAB colony produces 1000 goods daily (and not even optimized for max output possible)

that are many event buildings
would be almost 67 sleigh builders

:rolleyes:

It would be really nice if colonies would have a similar feature like cultural settlements in which we could replay them later on.

As for rewards, for colony buildings and great buildings here are few ideas:
- Generate that curent era only goods (SA:M Goods even through we are in SA:AB or SA:V)
- Increase the production of goods in the colony / settlement.
- Decrease the cost of tools and gold in the colony.
- Decrease the cost of special goods in the colony.
- Blueprints pack from the curent era GB.

New gameplay features:
- Would be really nice if we could build a greatbuilding in the colony as well, on a smaller scale. This GB could generate a random amount of that era special goods.
- Buildings maintenance. Due to the nature of the colony, buildings will require periodical maintenance. If damaged, a building will function with less capacity. Also there is a risk a building could explode and require a replacement. Debris could not be cleared in the normal way tho by hitting buldoze. Instead we would have to either reconstruct or salvage the parts which will take time.
- Colony resources musts be shipped from Earth and that will take time to arrive. Choose carefully!

CrashBoom

Legend
- Increase the production of goods in the colony / settlement.
how much goods should it produce per day ?

a normal good production day in SAAB is already gives me 1000 (8/8/4 in 10 buildings)

I player having optimized it easily reaches 1400 (or more)
(more buildings, running 8/8/8)

noooup:) The goods are produced on an industrial scale chateau + arc+ a big guild and many friends. But the colony helps, and it helps very well
my SAAB colony produces 1000 goods daily (and not even optimized for max output possible)

that are many event buildings
would be almost 67 sleigh builders

:rolleyes:
The colony can produce hundreds of thousands of goods.

You guys/gals must be talking about those that make the goods as sellers. My needs of the current and previous aged goods comes from event/sleigh builders are enough for my needs.

Pushing 1000+ goods a day must really put a strain on the ice mining. You can only mine "X" a day.

That is why my SAM/SAAB colonies only have houses on it so I can mine the ore/ice.

You guys/gals must be talking about those that make the goods as sellers. My needs of the current and previous aged goods comes from event/sleigh builders are enough for my needs.

Pushing 1000+ goods a day must really put a strain on the ice mining. You can only mine "X" a day.

That is why my SAM/SAAB colonies only have houses on it so I can mine the ore/ice.
I do not sell goods to other players, but sometimes I give them for thanks.