• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Space Age: Mars!

Logain Sedai

Baronet
IN MY UNDERSTANDING (which, of course, can turn out to be wrong).

For me, the fact that SA:M has only one part, the new mechanic introduced (outpost), even the names ( SPACE AGE Mars and SPACE AGE Ceres), can lead to something like a single age (Space Age) that will be divided in other "small-ages" (Mars and Ceres, for now), each one with their own tech tree, campaign map, buildings, etc etc just like we had so far. However, like I previously said, the main aspect in here will be a new outpost for each "small age" where players would collect that age goods. That's what I believe will happen.

My understanding is that SAM and SAC will be two different ages, but with in common the new mechanic = an outpost with buildings that exists only for this outpost. Also it was announced that the Martian outpost life will last only during the Mars age. I don't think that we will need Martian ressources for the Ceres age (but I don't know if this has been confirmed by Inno staff).

So, in a way, you can say that the Spage age is made of ages where outposts are the main mechanic for playing the game, but for me it is no more than that. Not different from AF and OF where you need to use special ressources collected by ships instead of buildings.

Cardena

Squire
…...Also it was announced that the Martian outpost life will last only during the Mars age. I don't think that we will need Martian ressources for the Ceres age ...

If we would not need any Martian resources for Ceres age, that the ability of the new GB to give goods from the last era would not make any sense at all.

Logain Sedai

Baronet
If we would not need any Martian resources for Ceres age, that the ability of the new GB to give goods from the last era would not make any sense at all.

I know. This is something that keeps me wondering. Because Inno said in the announcement "keep in mind that this colony will only be used during space age Mars. Upon the new space age, you will not need your Mars colony anymore, and instead build a new, different one".
And as they cannot make compulsory to have a GB, maybe the Stargazer will keep on giving goods from VF. As I said, it is not clear to me how this is going to work.

Cardena

Squire
I know. This is something that keeps me wondering. Because Inno said in the announcement "keep in mind that this colony will only be used during space age Mars. Upon the new space age, you will not need your Mars colony anymore, and instead build a new, different one".
And as they cannot make compulsory to have a GB, maybe the Stargazer will keep on giving goods from VF. As I said, it is not clear to me how this is going to work.

The first research of the Ceres Age will be Mars Good Sythesizing. So I assume that after that you do not need the Mars colony anymore for producing goods from the Mars era, but I would suppose you will need them (otherwise both the GB and the first research would be useless, that is very unlikely)

Alex M

Farmer
The first research of the Ceres Age will be Mars Good Sythesizing. So I assume that after that you do not need the Mars colony anymore for producing goods from the Mars era, but I would suppose you will need them (otherwise both the GB and the first research would be useless, that is very unlikely)
As unlikely as we still need arctic promethium and oceanic orichalcum, for this new age of Mars.
We may need the mineral from the Mars era, but now we will produce them in the new colony. And continue to produce the goods of artico and oceanico, we still have a lot of free time to continue producing 3 or 4 previous eras.

Logain Sedai

Baronet

As unlikely as we still need arctic promethium and oceanic orichalcum, for this new age of Mars.
We may need the mineral from the Mars era, but now we will produce them in the new colony. And continue to produce the goods of artico and oceanico, we still have a lot of free time to continue producing 3 or 4 previous eras.

Do you think that in that case, we will have to make big stock of Martian goods to "synthetize" them? Or will this device just produce Martian goods like the ships produce Prom and Orichal ?
If we do need Martian ressources for the Ceres age, I think it is a bit unfair to make more or less compulsory to have the Stargazer.

Cardena

Squire
Do you think that in that case, we will have to make big stock of Martian goods to "synthetize" them? Or will this device just produce Martian goods like the ships produce Prom and Orichal ?
If we do need Martian ressources for the Ceres age, I think it is a bit unfair to make more or less compulsory to have the Stargazer.

I think we will after that research be able to produce good from the Mars era in our city, without the resource from the Mars, and so would not need the Stargazer, but that GB may than be nice, depends on how many goods from the Mars era we will need later on. Problem is, we will only know, (at least a bit), when the next era will be on Beta

qaccy

Emperor
IN MY UNDERSTANDING (which, of course, can turn out to be wrong).

For me, the fact that SA:M has only one part, the new mechanic introduced (outpost), even the names ( SPACE AGE Mars and SPACE AGE Ceres), can lead to something like a single age (Space Age) that will be divided in other "small-ages" (Mars and Ceres, for now), each one with their own tech tree, campaign map, buildings, etc etc just like we had so far. However, like I previously said, the main aspect in here will be a new outpost for each "small age" where players would collect that age goods. That's what I believe will happen.

It's not really much different from how we had four total tech trees that all fell under some label of 'Future Era', right? Space Age is probably just the next theme FoE will have for the next several 'ages'.

DeletedUser5097

@Logain Sedai and @Cardena ,I speculate that for the production of
SAM goods in SAC we still need Mars ore. Since this makes the most
sense and since the cmap would still be available regardless of our current
age...
I would like to assume that credits can also be made in the new colony,
enabling us to keep grinding Mars ore even in SAC and beyond. While
processing the Mars ore in our main city or on SAC colony.

Lionhead

Baronet
In case this have been adressed in this thread, I apologize.
But @Zarok Dai , why is there no A/D attached to any of the military buildings?
We´ve been used to that since way back. I seem to remember, that this was also the case in the beginning of OF, but was since "corrected".
Could it this time also just be a memory-slip?

DeletedUser5097

Final feedback & Suggestions

Suggestions:

Mars Terraforming

> Decrease requirment for full life support, after unlocking in TT

Mars ore expeditions customization
> Allowing us to chooise between diffrent times/costs expedition for each site, bigger once up to
1d like now but also giving slightly smaller option like 20h for slightlyly decreassed output. This
example is just for the current 1d Mars ore sites

Motivations:
Mars Terraforming, by terraforming an planet, it will become more Eurth like and more life friendly
for humans. This should cause slightly less demmant for life support. This also would be good for
game mechanics as giving us an reasson for unlocking the tech, otherwise than cosmetic.

Mars ore expeditions customization, while it's great that there are diffrent set times for expeditions,
it would be great if we would be aible to switch between options. This would make it possible to
fit the expeditions better in to our gameplay.

Feedback

Units

General feedback
General speaking are the units overall simelar to older units. Yet strongly
upgraded and equipt with the new targeting system. For wich I have 2
feellings. I think it's an intressting concept for giving us an kinda free trial
of a ultra high lvl AO and also kinda helpfull in some cases. Yet I feell
that it is also giving a little bit too big advantage to some units. For example
the sentines are aible to kill an full health Steel Warden with a lucky shot
with targeting system. However as the targeting system is now its fine to
me.

Space Marine

Basicly the upgraded scimitar, with an bonus upgrade for the targeting
system. I hardly find any meaningfull use in the scimitar, except in the
GE. Sadly for the space marine, in the SAM units pool there is not much
room for an close combat unit in my eyes. However its sometimes good
in dealing damage to the Steel Wardens.

Steel Warden
Basicly the upgraded version of the Ronnin bot (wich was an upgrade
from nautillius), with bringing even the targeting system. Good overall unit,
fits the discription for heavy units well. Can take lots of damage and give a
great punch.

Sniper Bot

Kinda upgraded and at the same time downgraded plasma artil. In wich I
would prefer blast above heat. In exchange for blast we got the targeting system.
Wich has the potention of an 1-hit kill. This thing can be very deadly for the SW.
So far the best weappons against it are other artillery and flying units.

Sentinels
Sentinels basicly the upgraded attack helicopter/drones. Having not only flying
also the benefit of the targeting system, this things are dangerouse. They are
very quick and very powerfull. Proven for beeing even dangerouse for SW in
some cases, this thing is also a good overall unit.

Tesla Walker
The howitzer of Industrial Age was maybe very slow, but the tesla walker seems
to be an heavy upgrade from this old unit. There attacks can be even stronger
with blast and in combination with the targeting system, this can become quickly
the end of the unlucky target. Overall an unit that can be usefull but not likely
standing long against sentinels nor SW. Against artil. and space marines are this
units a good chooise
Overall
Bringing in the colony and the way we get Mars ore makes
me feell more involved with this age. Taking down provinces while seeking the Mars
ore, does feell more of having an clear goal. Rather fighting an war for fighting an
war. The colony brings the entire mission more to life and makes it also more
intressting in my oppinion.
Back at home in the main city. The city seems to turning into an classic Amarican
town during the cold war's space race. To be more acurate it turns more into the
places that where quickly build for breenging all the peop together that the states
needed for the expansive space race. While the militairy gives the feelling that this
space race is more intensive. In wich whatever can be ussed as an wappon, or
converted into one, will be. The houses, culture and supp buildings adding to this
feelling. It's pretty sad that we have only 1 of each for the main city (not counting
the diamonds ones). For the next Space Age I would love to see a few more
variations in houses, supp and culture for our main city, if possible ofc. Into the
colony it really feels like Mars. The colony appears to anything but a nice place
to be at, in the beginning. An town build in an hostile wasteland on an allien planet.
However when progressing the colony becomes for developt into an industry.
Turning the wastelands into and industrial city in space. What is an very nice thing
to see.:)
All 3 parts of the game: main city, cmap and colony gave the feelling of kinda
reversd War of the Worlds. Where we are leading the invation. Instead of fighting
off one. I imagined it happening like this on the mothership:
Robotic announchment: Planet Mars in side, all units prepair for invation...
High ranked mil. officer: General the units are ready to leave the mothership. We
can start the invation now, hehe
The general: Proceed
On wich the invation begins and the quest for getting Mars ore starts. In wich the
first armed conflict of the red planet and the first interplanitairy war begins. To me
an more meaningfull war. In wich the goal is clear: getting the sites of Mars ore for
us and making sure we can proceed. The same could have been said about AF
and OF yet sadly due the lack of deposits on the map (wich could influence the
output of the ports of both ages) would have helpt out giving more the feelling of
beeing evolved into the conflict.

Overall I'm very happy with this Space Age. The aspects of the Main city, colony
and cmap all together making it a nice expirence. Something I missed during both
the expeditions in the Arctic and Oceanic Future. While for the VF it wasn't that
much bothering me. Since the cmap did make up for lacking the great stuff of SAM.

Last edited by a moderator:

LastWarrior

Regent
The Mars map grid of red squares needs looking at, put something like Zone 1 zone 2 etc on there, atm its pretty average as nothing lol

El-Empecinado

Merchant
Hi all.
reading what is written here, I am not clear about a question ?.
I wonder ?, two things.
1º.- If Tuesday is a colony (similar to the Viking settlement), once the settlement that passes with everything invested and built in this colony is completed ?.
2º.-What benefits will be obtained from the colony, for the main city, once the colony of Mars has been abandoned?

These questions are based on the large amount of expenses (goods, points forges and other resources) needed in the research and on the campaign map, which is logically, or would be to obtain a greater benefit than the one invested.

if it is not so, it makes sense to colonize Tuesday and then colonize ceres and then ...
please an explanation ...

DeletedUser5097

Hi all.
reading what is written here, I am not clear about a question ?.
I wonder ?, two things.
1º.- If Tuesday is a colony (similar to the Viking settlement), once the settlement that passes with everything invested and built in this colony is completed ?.
2º.-What benefits will be obtained from the colony, for the main city, once the colony of Mars has been abandoned?

These questions are based on the large amount of expenses (goods, points forges and other resources) needed in the research and on the campaign map, which is logically, or would be to obtain a greater benefit than the one invested.

if it is not so, it makes sense to colonize Tuesday and then colonize ceres and then ...
please an explanation ...
The colony doesn't work like the settlements. The settlements are bound to 20 quests,
once completed you get an ''grand reward'' and potential an time reward.
The colony is like a second city. It provides you two ressources that you need: credits
and SAM goods.
Credits: is some type of currency ussed for obtaining Mars ore. On the Mars cmap you have exploration
sites and after paying an fixed ammount of credits you have to wait some time. Than fight or negotiate for
completing it. Simelar to an GE encounter
Mars ore: is an special good that is needed in the TT and for making SAM goods in the colony
SAM goods: are produced in goodsbuildings, wich can only be build in your Mars colony

As far I'm aware there is not really an stage where the colony is ''completed'' like the settlement. Yet it will
be removed and replaced by an new colony on Ceres. Once you enter the next Space Age. So there is no
real ''grandprize'' nor time reward for building up your Martian colony. It's only purpose is for gaining the
ressources above for the tech tree. In short it's like an second city just for this age.
By entering the Space Age Mars you will get automaticly the Martian colony. By entering the next space age,
this colony will be automaticly removed and replaced by an new fresh colony. There is no way back as far I know.

I hope this made it slightly more clear for you what the colony is :)

DeletedUser10087

Hi,
I haven't read all the topic, and I apologize...
But, for the moment, haven't find the answer at my question : the "Terrace Farm" will give wath ressources ? Mars ones if upgraded ? Or always Virtual Future ones ?
Thanks !

DeletedUser5097

@forcebio , event buildings (and terrace farm/tribal square) that produce goods, with the age Space Age Mars, will produce Space Age Mars goods.

DeletedUser3867

Mayby did you know how much cost daimonds extensions on Mars Age on the Darth?