• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Space Age: Mars!

Miepie

Baronet
Suggestion for TVP Alternative effect : Defender also gets the effect but at 50% of the attack chance per level, but has unlimited chances.

And how would that improve the balance? Oh wait, not! And no, I'm not very impressed with virgo (or stargazer what that matters) and if they'd make a change like that, yes, I'd build it, but balance, no

DeletedUser8262

The suggestion that TVP should apply to defenders could only be considered fair and balanced if any defense units killed by TVP were permanently lost like those of the attacker. As things stand the defender risks losing zero units and granting the opportunity to inflict further damage on attackers while risking nothing would be a step too far imho

The suggestion that TVP should apply to defenders could only be considered fair and balanced if any defense units killed by TVP were permanently lost like those of the attacker. As things stand the defender risks losing zero units and granting the opportunity to inflict further damage on attackers while risking nothing would be a step too far imho

if that happens, then 2 hits of people with a TVP will destroy someone's defense completely and permanently, leaving it open for simple attack by everyone else in the hood :)

Cardena

Squire
if that happens, then 2 hits of people with a TVP will destroy someone's defense completely and permanently, leaving it open for simple attack by everyone else in the hood :)

And that is a very good reason, why the TVP should not be changed in the way suggested.

I do not think, that the TVP will be any problem for those players at the end of the hood. Their defence can be broken and is broken frequently now. So there will be no change for those players. There will be only a change for the players with very high defence boost. And since for having that, you have to dedicate most of your city to defence, they will be among those plundering other players. And if they already now receive threads, I suppose they must have frustrated many players. I do think that being able to be immune to counterattack was never an aim, the devs thought of. So perhaps this new GB is especially designed for making striking back against everyone possible again.

DeletedUser4716

I would like to know how many of you really play live? In which one has access to space age March.
I play Space age Mars, its not all thats it cracked up to be, if you don't play with diamonds don't go into it, its diamond orientated, Mars ore is the main good you need but cost you diamonds to negotiate through it, unless you want to try and beat Mars age troops with virtual future troops, you fighting a loosing battle.

DeletedUser4716

Mars Units

Why do Mars units you are attacking go for your Mars Unit before they go for Rogues?

Teak

Steward
Maybe no stacks and at level ~80 90 you reach about 95% for every fight, that any hostile army gets its health reduced by 10%, like the coin feature on the map ( sry don't know the English term).
This would also fit much better with the "nuke" theme, so they don't die by the bomb (why only 4 and not the whole army?) but get damaged by the radiation ;)
... I guess this would be a more balanced approach ;)

DeletedUser8707

Questions about Mars age new units! (those who can test them)

, hey any BIG conclusions if MArs age units are "hover killers".... I allmost wishing that we get NEW units what are better than Future age units

griaxe

Merchant
- AI, FoE does have proper AI ready on the cmap, but the worst AI that I saw in any game is deffending
100% agree... at least make Defending army not to target attacking rogues first.. real units must be their priority
----
On top of it if INNO Games really want to achieve some kind of attacking/defending balance in PvP then instead of killing 4 def.units make all defending army to lose health bars (like infiltrate on the world map) ... then with bigger Virgo levels the amount of heath defending army losing before the battle should be increased as well as the chance to inflicting it..
that would be more appropriate and less broken in my opinion

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Questions about Mars age new units! (those who can test them)

, hey any BIG conclusions if MArs age units are "hover killers".... I allmost wishing that we get NEW units what are better than Future age units

While I can't test them there's almost no way hovers remain a force against mars units.
1) raw stats are now ~3-4* higher than FE units so you can't kill ANY of them fast with hovers (at least in high difficulties of GE with >100% boost on the defense)
2) two of the units don't care about stealth so you can't just slowly kill things (space marine(light) = high movement and dragon breath for no retaliation, tesla walker(ranged) = blast for ignoring stealth)
3) the Sentinel (fast) you won't be able to kite either unless there's an AI defect with them being paired with different units
4) they all have a 20% chance to double their damage which coupled with their superior stats probably means 1-shotting your hover tanks (again in high GE with > 100% boost on the defense)

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
100% agree... at least make Defending army not to target attacking rogues first.. real units must be their priority

They tried fixing the rogue-first issue once and had a riots on their hand for 'breaking' rogues (or maybe it was an accidental fix). Hell the few cases where in upper ages sometimes a rogue will be ignored in AI get regular bug reports too. People have grown to depend on the behavior of the PvP AI.

I agree that seeing the continent AI everywhere would be an improvement in gameplay but they would need to test GE difficulty all over again if nothing else by doing so. And there would be a riot by GvGers who have built their cities to abuse rogues primarily.

I doubt they'll try fixing that issue again.

DeletedUser10039

While I can't test them there's almost no way hovers remain a force against mars units.

They tried to nerf Hovers a while back, I guess they finally figured out a way to make them not the best unit in game anymore. :)

DeletedUser10044

the mars age is interesting and very beautiful, a nice idea similar to the Vikings, it has the potential to end it slowly and enjoy it ...... unfortunately GB virgo that ruins the defensive / offensive balance very well kept for years:

1) IA has always been not very smart, invisible troops are always discovered, attack the rascals first, and in general very naive
2) we have 3 buildings of defense and 4 of offense, but we balance a little with guard lights and% defense, orangery defends and attacks, perfect,
3) whoever attacks the cttà plays in manual mode is a nice advantage
4) being helpless is the feeling you feel, I have silver taverns to put shields on for years, but it's not fun

DeletedUser10044

[QUOTE = "Cardena, post: 80574, member: 5461"] E questa è una buona ragione, perché il TVP non dovrebbe essere cambiato nel modo suggerito.

And that is a very good reason, why the TVP should not be changed in the way suggested.

I do not think, that the TVP will be any problem for those players at the end of the hood. Their defence can be broken and is broken frequently now. So there will be no change for those players. There will be only a change for the players with very high defence boost. And since for having that, you have to dedicate most of your city to defence, they will be among those plundering other players. And if they already now receive threads, I suppose they must have frustrated many players. I do think that being able to be immune to counterattack was never an aim, the devs thought of. So perhaps this new GB is especially designed for making striking back against everyone possible again.

Yeah I understand the idea, and I can understand, but I only say that the very high% defense, or very high% it was not a strong stroke of luck, or a gift from God, it is many years' work and a lot of money consumed, to ask a little consideration I think be right, if I ask too much, tell me maybe I don't even realize it