• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Space Age: Mars!

Amdira

Baronet
Ok, I might be lynched for this suggestion, but why not just make the unwritten "Code of Honour" a script? Would mean, those who are aiding their neighours can't be attacked. For those, who are playing according that code already nothing would change and the really "Bad Boys" would rather bite themselves in their arms than aiding their neighbours. But then it would be their own fault when being attacked.

Just my 2 Cents :D

DeletedUser9851

Hi everyone! Can anyone confirm that the Space Age Mars Goods Buildings reside on the Mars Colony and not in your main city...Looking at the SAM Tech Tree, it seems that those Buildings are for the Mars Colony but I was told by another player that they reside in fact in your main city...thanks! :)

1BFA

Viceroy
Hi everyone! Can anyone confirm that the Space Age Mars Goods Buildings reside on the Mars Colony and not in your main city...Looking at the SAM Tech Tree, it seems that those Buildings are for the Mars Colony but I was told by another player that they reside in fact in your main city...thanks! :)

Mars goods buildings can only be built on Mars colony.

possible alternative ability for virgo - change it from kill half to infiltrate the enemy with unlimited use. Perhaps even a 2 point infiltration rather than the standard 1 point we can do on campaign map.

seriously people...

why are (some of) you so afraid of this Virgo Project GB? if you look at the stats, you will see:

a) you only get FIVE whole chances (oh wow, that's really a lot!!) of only 66% chance (so that makes a "success" rate of 3 times average) per DAY! Yes, per day! And that is at level 50; level 1 is only 3!! chances!
b) are you sure people will want to waste these 5 precious chances on destroying your city defenses, if they are much more meaningful in using on mars expeditions instead (stronger def/harder AI)?
c) you can *plan* around plunderers by making sure you are online when your buildings finish; otherwise, you're inactive and *deserve* to be plundered imho
d) if inno designed the Virgo Project to be used primarily against your neighbors, you would have had more chances (or unlimited amount thereof) to do so. clearly, this GB does not seem to be designed for that kind of action and maybe some (in lower ages) will do so, but its value appears to be primarily targetted against VERY strong targets you only face a few times a day *only*. For lower age people this GB is more a 'gimmick' than a very useful tool against hardy foes :p
e) seriously, stop whining and start playing :p

Oh and about Stargazer, I think we'll find it *very* useful in the next age (Ceres), in this age I will not need it on live servers, I got seriously plenty VT stuff there :)

Praeceptor

Marquis
I'm one of the players who will be a target for the Virgo if it is used in PvP. I have a very high defense - my defending army has pretty high attack stats - and I attack my hood most days which annoys some players despite the fact that I only plunder the 2 spear idiots.

Personally I say bring it on.

If it encourages more players to take me on then so be it. If I'm careless enough to leave valuables hanging around in my city then I deserve to have them taken. Lets face it, an experienced player having a few goods or fps plundered would hardly be noticeable anyway.

Korvinusz

Merchant
seriously people...

why are (some of) you so afraid of this Virgo Project GB? if you look at the stats, you will see:

a) you only get FIVE whole chances (oh wow, that's really a lot!!) of only 66% chance (so that makes a "success" rate of 3 times average) per DAY! Yes, per day! And that is at level 50; level 1 is only 3!! chances!
b) are you sure people will want to waste these 5 precious chances on destroying your city defenses, if they are much more meaningful in using on mars expeditions instead (stronger def/harder AI)?
c) you can *plan* around plunderers by making sure you are online when your buildings finish; otherwise, you're inactive and *deserve* to be plundered imho
d) if inno designed the Virgo Project to be used primarily against your neighbors, you would have had more chances (or unlimited amount thereof) to do so. clearly, this GB does not seem to be designed for that kind of action and maybe some (in lower ages) will do so, but its value appears to be primarily targetted against VERY strong targets you only face a few times a day *only*. For lower age people this GB is more a 'gimmick' than a very useful tool against hardy foes :p

Oh and about Stargazer, I think we'll find it *very* useful in the next age (Ceres), in this age I will not need it on live servers, I got seriously plenty VT stuff there :)

Why not use this ability in the neighborhood? Strong opponents run out on the map once. There are players who don't want to change the era. And not one of your neighbors but 80. It will be enough if 6-7 players want to test your non-existent defense every day.

And if it is so easy to plunder others, believe me, not just 6-7 people will try. Just so many wouldn't play it, they would rather build it. There are plenty of fighting games, aggressors live out there.
Of course, it would be different if those who wanted to be able to fight against each other in real time. There would be honor. But what is this? The MI cannot even interpret the Rogues. Although this is not a challenge, a chimpanzee can click on it. But anyway .. the kill of the half team is sick and absurd.

Rather, developers should increase their tactical opportunities and alternatives. For example, based on their bonuses, players of the same age can be organized into leagues. Instead of bringing space story to the level of the big and strong cavemen.

Last edited:

DeletedUser9851

seriously people...

Great observarion Markus! I had the same chat with some of my Guild players and, because Mars Colony will not be accessible once we move to Mars Era - Ceres, then unless InnoGames will not ask for SAM Goods to complete SAC Tech Tree (which I doubt!), we will need to put aside LOTS of SAM Goods to be able to easily progress towards the SAC Tech Tree. Hence, the advantage of having in your city a highly leveled Chateau Frontenac (I should be able to get 30 SAM Goods from Quests once SAM is made available on Arvahall) to help accumulate LOTS of SAM Goods (with the help of your city's upgraded Buildings to SAM Era that will produce SAM Goods)...might go for this SAM GB later on if needed but there is definitely a good reason why InnoGames decided to release this GB :)

DeletedUser7959

I only plunder the 2 spear idiots.
You did a mistake here, I will rephrase it for you - "I only plunder idiots who can't gather their harvest on time".
And that actually is everything you need to know about Virgo Project, all complaints about it above is from those who can't gather their loot properly and are scared that now cause of their usual actions they (finally) might get punished. lmao
Even if all 70-80 neighbors will successfully attack my city they will get nothing except lost time (and 180 battle points). :)

DeletedUser10044

[QUOTE = "Markus Stormrider, post: 80495

Oh and about Stargazer, I think we'll find it *very* useful in the next age (Ceres), in this age I will not need it on live servers, I got seriously plenty VT stuff there :)[/QUOTE]

hello, with the new GB , potentially all the neighbors could use an attempt against a single target, for example 75 neighbors, 20 friends and guilds, but 50 could agree to plunder you and you only put shields, (maybe the must stronger % defense) it will end that all will have only the active shield in the end you will see, it is not funny, at least now they have to beat an army, after they will win as roulette without commitment only with luck, boh , for me is not serious

s

DeletedUser5097

You did a mistake here, I will rephrase it for you - "I only plunder idiots who can't gather their harvest on time".
And that actually is everything you need to know about Virgo Project, all complaints about it above is from those who can't gather their loot properly and are scared that now cause of their usual actions they (finally) might get punished. lmao
Even if all 70-80 neighbors will successfully attack my city they will get nothing except lost time (and 180 battle points). :)
Not really scared, just opset that the AI is too stupid for words, defending bonusses are with default lvl 10 GBs
110% attacker bonus (3x 30% + 20%) + Kraken
vs
80% (2x 30% +20%)
Yeah right it was well ballanced before :rolleyes:, oh wait did I already said that the AI is just too stupid for doing
nothing unless it's forced to by mistakes of the attacker? The only thing making folks upset is that deffending
in this game was from the introduction of GB's out of ballance. When Kraken was added, the ballance became
even more broken. Shooting down 1 defending unit at once. TA was neutral. Taking down even half the army
away... is just the final naill in the PvP-ballance-coffin. With the live rellease the funneral begins.:p
Hopefully this gives you a bit of understanding of the problem with it.;) It's called make a non excisting
ballanc
e or broken ballance even more unballanced.;) If the same AI as from the cmap and doubble
defending armies did excist in NBs I would strongly agreed with you.
Anyways on topic of reballancing stuff: I would like to suggest to reduce the chance for launch, but giving us
5 times more chances and killing the entire army when its trickert. Reasson: why finisching half the job and waisting
more time for the attacker if they already got a free ticket?:p
their usual actions they (finally) might get punished.
You mean having an Real Life outside the game, caussing players not beeing 24/7 waiting for the second
that there productions are completed?:p
TVP my desired effect/affect:

1st effect: Extra (maybe double) chances of killing 50% but remove the chances for working on players cities. (this will completely ruin the game for many players who spent time/money on defences.)

2nd affect: Anything but gold. I can't spend it fast enough as it is.

New GB: Strategic Defense Initiative (SDI) To counter the Virgo if players cities are still a target.

New GB: Something that kills half the attacking army (then see how many people complain on forums).
+1 for 1st effect
+1 for 2nd affect, the ammount is too low and too weak
+3 (is it possible to give 2 bonus points?:p) for new GB
Great observarion Markus! I had the same chat with some of my Guild players and, because Mars Colony will not be accessible once we move to Mars Era - Ceres, then unless InnoGames will not ask for SAM Goods to complete SAC Tech Tree (which I doubt!), we will need to put aside LOTS of SAM Goods to be able to easily progress towards the SAC Tech Tree. Hence, the advantage of having in your city a highly leveled Chateau Frontenac (I should be able to get 30 SAM Goods from Quests once SAM is made available on Arvahall) to help accumulate LOTS of SAM Goods (with the help of your city's upgraded Buildings to SAM Era that will produce SAM Goods)...might go for this SAM GB later on if needed but there is definitely a good reason why InnoGames decided to release this GB :)

hello, with the new GB , potentially all the neighbors could use an attempt against a single target, for example 75 neighbors, 20 friends and guilds, but 50 could agree to plunder you and you only put shields, (maybe the must stronger % defense) it will end that all will have only the active shield in the end you will see, it is not funny, at least now they have to beat an army, after they will win as roulette without commitment only with luck, boh , for me is not serious

do you really think someone can get a neighborhood organized enough in 2 weeks to strike one specific player (i'd imagine they'd pick you :p) just for teh lulz?

get real dude.

DeletedUser10044

I am not able to collect every day every day on time because I have 3 children, 2 demanding jobs, no fixed hours and I would also like to sleep and live my life, FOE a pastime, where I felt good because I found balance by buying real diamonds for defense, now as an untouchable I become a favorite target of revenge for years, can I be happier than that?

you will see the cities full of shields :) wowww

im sure
still the GB does not come out but already many people have threatened me in the game, whole guilds, it will be a nightmare, many frustrated you want to avenge if you have the Virgo you use it against the unbeatable defenses%? or the waste for the scarce defenses? it becomes automatic which is my end, after years and diamonds let me be sad and I would like to abandon the game

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not able to collect every day every day on time because I have 3 children, 2 demanding jobs, no fixed hours and I would also like to sleep and live my life, FOE a pastime, where I felt good because I found balance by buying real diamonds for defense, now as an untouchable I become a favorite target of revenge for years, can I be happier than that?

you will see the cities full of shields :) wowww

im sure
still the GB does not come out but already many people have threatened me in the game, whole guilds, it will be a nightmare, many frustrated you want to avenge if you have the Virgo you use it against the unbeatable defenses%? or the waste for the scarce defenses? it becomes automatic which is my end, after years and diamonds let me be sad and I would like to abandon the game

man, sure hope you do not feel haunted :O

EDIT: NormaJeane - 2019-05-02 - 'softened' the text so it is not a personal insult anymore ;-)

DeletedUser7959

Hopefully this gives you a bit of understanding of the problem with it.
You're right, the ability itself if worked is 100% win, but it doesn't mean it will work every time or that you should have an unbreakable defense.
You still have 72 hours shield in the tavern, you still can gather your loot properly. Being successfully attacked doesn't matter until you will be plundered (an don't tell me that cause of religious reasons you can't fight back)...
You mean having an Real Life outside the game, caussing players not beeing 24/7 waiting for the second that there productions are completed?
You only need to schedule your in-game harvest according to your RL responsibilities, enter the game a few seconds before it will be done and press "collect all" button > 24h launch. Done, you are free to continue living your life.

Cmon, it's a strategy game. Why do you try to make it a solo player sim-city?

oh i just had another useful thought about star gazer GB: with it, you'll probably never have to worry you cannot finish GE with negotiation, because it will deliver you the goods you need of the previous era that are required there; and if promethium or orichalcum is needed: you can create some with the goods of that era :)

so it will be useful in mars era too, especially for people who did not spend such long time in VF to accumulate 10k of each good, and also for those who did in case Ceres age will take a year to appear (and our VF goods are all but depleted at such point) :p

Last edited:

Praeceptor

Marquis

I have to agree with this, although I don't see the point of only giving away a few battle points. If someone beats my defense then they deserve a reward. It's only a game - put in a decent defense so others have a challenge. If anyone puts up 1 rogue as a defensive army I will plunder them relentlessly :)

DeletedUser7959

I have to agree with this, although I don't see the point of only giving away a few battle points. If someone beats my defense then they deserve a reward. It's only a game - put in a decent defense so others have a challenge. If anyone puts up 1 rogue as a defensive army I will plunder them relentlessly
I can explain - 8 blue units bother me while I'm trying to set up my attacking army fast. They just sit there at the beginning of the list showing how useless is their life and how unnecessary this defense is for me.