• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Space Age: Mars!

DeletedUser10044

[QUOTE = "Darrth Eugene Vader, post: 80177, member: 8859"] Quindi, è questo il motivo per cui il gioco deve essere inclinato verso gli attaccanti?
  • Per evitare che (noi) restino delusi, scoraggiati e intenzionati a partire?
  • I giocatori passivi solo da soli i saccheggiatori e accumularsi in tempo per minimizzare le perdite o accettare un altro costo di produzione?
  • Giocatori passivi per adattarsi o perdersi?

[QEortuguesePlayer98, post: 80392, member: 9947"]You're not "talking about Virgo", you're just blackmailing Innogames (unless they change the GB, they have to give you back all the money spent) which, BY THE WAY, is against the Conditions you accepted when you created your account so, for God's sake, stop with that and if you really want a change, start giving reasonable suggestions.[/QUOTE]

the constructive suggestions that I can give are to give the defense also the possibility of halving the attackers....
balance must be given otherwise it makes no sense to propose things for defense in event,
or give an option as it infiltrates the map to remove life points, but not completely half is too much .
will end that everyone will have active shield and will not play anymore

balance must be given otherwise it makes no sense to propose things for defense in events

balance must be given otherwise it makes no sense to propose things for defense in events

the constructive suggestions that I can give are to give the defense also the possibility of halving the attackers

???
can i not agree? or is it forbidden to express my opinions? I don't blackmail anyone, nobody cares what I say, can I be angry about throwing money away or should I be happy? did you spend 1000 $? I do

do not allow yourself to tell me what I can or cannot do, you are not the moderator, I have not spoken in an offensive way and I have not blackmailed anyone

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5097

If that's right, producing Martian goods later will be difficult! (just Special Buildings and star glazer)
and it will certainly be necessary for the following technologies and for negotiating an expedition.
I would like to said that Azreal might be right and that there is already an sollution for it:
The first research in the next age is called "Mars Goods Synthesizing" ... I guess this will solve the problem somehow ;)
All of this is speculation at this moment ofc, but likely the sollution in wich players are enabled to build
after SAM goodbuildings for SAM goodies somewhere else. The only question is where? In the main
city or the next colony.
While I must admit that having an Stargazer at a decant level would be the eassiest way to grind SAM
goodies after reaching SAC (space age ceres), if speculations are correct - and they would make the
most sense - it's still possible to make SAM goodies without the need of an GB or special buildings.

DeletedUser9826

There was a post from purps99 that claimed plunders were “aways there” whenever he went to collect production, even when he changed production times. I am sorry to doubt you, but I do doubt you.

Unless a plunder has found an exploit that will cause the server to reveal a neighbors collection time, the probability of a plunder consistently being there at the exact same time the collection is ready is so small as to approach impossible.

As far as defending your city, l agree with those that post that defending your city is more or less a joke. The only true defense against plundering is timely collection. And by timely I mean setting and alarm so you are there when the production is ready. Not 15 or more minutes later. You can set your goods and supply production is to be ready once a day if that is all the time you can visit your city. If you cannot visit your city once a day, you are not going to get very far in the game anyway.

We all should know that Inno has stacked the deck against city defenders and with the introduction of the Virgo Project they have signaled they will continue to do so.

I also did an interesting experiment with some friends. We all sent a message to Inno support asking for help defending against plundering. The responses mentioned city shield and defense boost, but not once was timely collection mentioned. Inno is not advertising this defense, not doubt because if too many players started using it, it would “unbalance the game”.

If it were not for the fact that I play level 4 of the GE weekly on the live server, I would just delete all my defense buildings and goods production buildings and just really on my GBs and event buildings, thus making my city plunder proof.

DeletedUser7959

I would prefer Virgo works like Orangery, has unlimited tries but very low % of activating (also should work for defense army).
I'm very sad that I'm only one who built Star Gazer, really didn't see anyone else have it... I feel like even with its bonus it just needs a 2nd ability.

DeletedUser

I would prefer Virgo works like Orangery, has unlimited tries but very low % of activating (also should work for defense army).
I'm very sad that I'm only one who built Star Gazer, really didn't see anyone else have it... I feel like even with its bonus it just needs a 2nd ability.
You can prefer what you want, we still get ignored because they never change a crappy design lol

Luke Stark

Marquis
about goods being a problem in the next age, please check the name of the first tech in the next age after mars ;)

ps. If you read this thread from the beginning this was already discussed :)

Korvinusz

Merchant
I wrote a constructive suggestion to Star Gazer, but there were not many responses. Okay ... Then I'll mention the other.

Virgo is a very bad joke. There are also plenty of players who do sport to robbing all their neighbors ruthlessly.

So far, the attackers are in a more advantageous position as they can act in an organized and effective way. The defense is controlled by a sitting duck.
For example: It simply does not recognize, does not interpret the rogue. Seven Rogues and one MG Team, and MI still shoots the Rogues. WHY?
They are slow, it would take time to come close. Artillery and the hiding soldiers could all try to put out that real unity. And no. They're going to lose.

So far, I've thought about the players who are doing this, that they simply cheat. It's not a tactic, it's not a strategy. This is only the use of a developer error. They get an unauthorized advantage.

Looking at Virgo, I see that it is not enough to not fix the previous problems. Rather, they are covered with newer ones.

I would suggest that this building should not be used against another player. OR give a defense bonus instead!
For example, against players who send rogues to the offensive team with a certain chance to do an immediate counterattack. To overcome this, production restarts in a certain number of buildings in the attackers town. : P

And two bugs would be resolved;)

(Of course, it may be a solution: if the MI only shoot for the rogues if they can actually cause damage. But regardless of this, Virgo remains a rude joke)

Last edited:

DeletedUser10039

There was a post from purps99 that claimed plunders were “aways there” whenever he went to collect production, even when he changed production times. I am sorry to doubt you, but I do doubt you.

It's called using a script but i am not allowed to say this without proof, hence i let you read into it that it was a script without saying it. (drat now i said it).

I did tell INNO who gave me the standard reply " we will look into it but never come back and tell you if we did or didn't find anything". The other issue is that the main player doing this is a full time computer programmer in real life. (But I trust INNO investigated fully).

DeletedUser10039

TVP my desired effect/affect:

1st effect: Extra (maybe double) chances of killing 50% but remove the chances for working on players cities. (this will completely ruin the game for many players who spent time/money on defences.)

2nd affect: Anything but gold. I can't spend it fast enough as it is.

New GB: Strategic Defense Initiative (SDI) To counter the Virgo if players cities are still a target.

New GB: Something that kills half the attacking army (then see how many people complain on forums).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9826

It's called using a script but i am not allowed to say this without proof, hence i let you read into it that it was a script without saying it. (drat now i said it).

I did tell INNO who gave me the standard reply " we will look into it but never come back and tell you if we did or didn't find anything". The other issue is that the main player doing this is a full time computer programmer in real life.

I am a full-time programmer in real life, and if what you say is true it is very worrisome. I may be able to spend many many hours figuring out a way to write a script (a.k.a a bot) to would keep looping through my neighborhood to see if there is a city to be plundered. But as I said in another post, this should be easily detectable by network monitoring software.

And if someone did write an auto plunder bot, and Inno is not putting a stop to it, then it will spread and ruin the game.

DeletedUser10039

Well I can only say what I see. And what I see seams to be virtually impossible unless they have nothing better to do that stare at my city all day and night (which I doubt). I spent over a week changing my times by 10 mins, 2 hours, 8 hours, 15 hours it made no difference.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I am a full-time programmer in real life, and if what you say is true it is very worrisome. I may be able to spend many many hours figuring out a way to write a script (a.k.a a bot) to would keep looping through my neighborhood to see if there is a city to be plundered. But as I said in another post, this should be easily detectable by network monitoring software.

And if someone did write an auto plunder bot, and Inno is not putting a stop to it, then it will spread and ruin the game.

Another possibility is that by intercepting the data you might be able to get the time when a building is due for collection and come back for it. Just because the game doesn't show the collection time doesn't mean the information isn't there.

Alex M

Farmer
Another possibility is that by intercepting the data you might be able to get the time when a building is due for collection and come back for it. Just because the game doesn't show the collection time doesn't mean the information isn't there.
I got to see an excel table where he was at what time he collected the guild, and with different information of productions in what time, currencies etc ...
I was still starting and did not care, just with more time in the game I understood the importance of this.

DeletedUser9826

If Inno sends that data to anyone other then player the building belongs to, then the developers are incompetent. Of course the data can be intercepted even if it is not shown. In the browser version, all anyone would have to do is hit the “show source “ button to see all that was sent to the browser.

One of the first security rules is never send anything to the browser that the user should not see. But if the Inno developers were that incompetent, I would expect to have heard about this exploit long ago.

DeletedUser9826

I got to see an excel table where he was at what time he collected the guild, and with different information of productions in what time, currencies etc ...
I was still starting and did not care, just with more time in the game I understood the importance of this.

Any chance you can say who “he” is? And purps99, can you say who it was? Did anyone else have the same thing happen? Was anyone else able to the same thing?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
If Inno sends that data to anyone other then player the building belongs to, then the developers are incompetent. Of course the data can be intercepted even if it is not shown. In the browser version, all anyone would have to do is hit the “show source “ button to see all that was sent to the browser.

One of the first security rules is never send anything to the browser that the user should not see. But if the Inno developers were that incompetent, I would expect to have heard about this exploit long ago.

It'd be a little more complicated than just viewing source. It's not like you get a new webpage everytime they need new data. It would be loaded by script on demand. It would not be hard to imagine though that (out of laziness) there might be one structure for building information that includes production time information and is used&communicated whether its your building or the building of a city you're visiting. FoE is for the most part not that competitive that you'd have to worry about the impact a few bad seeds running custom scripts or modified versions of the game might get accurate information on when to plunder. There is quite literally 1 or less plunderers in each of my active worlds hoods right now.