• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Space Age: Mars!

DeletedUser4446

Sure, but then I'll first have to win one ;) Have build Space Marine now, will see if that helps. All other military requires me to get ore first, luckily SW is next in line :).

I didn't build any of the regular units yet, but I'm easily beating everything with VF artillery, Mars age Champions, or a combination.
I'm sure the regular heavy units are better, but champs will get you through the map as well.

DeletedUser5097

Sure, but then I'll first have to win one ;) Have build Space Marine now, will see if that helps. All other military requires me to get ore first, luckily SW is next in line :).

But as I said, I'd expect to be able to use VF units somehow and the stealth ability.
I know but I have also all SAM units while unlocked only up the SW. You can get them from
the Guild Expeditions as well.;) Maybe you can get your hands on a few SW that way.
I totally agree it makes sense, but it does have this nerf as side effect.

Terraforming is part of the tech, so maybe they can put some potato plants on the battlefield? :D
Indeed with terraforming I have plants, water and even trees growing arround my Martian
colony. Would love to see terraforming have an function besides making my colony's
serroundings looking better or more eurth-like.:D EG decreassed demmant for life support
and allowing in the first tier for some plants to grow on the battlefield and in the second and
final tier trees (simelar how it works arround the colony).

qaccy

Emperor
@gooflab That's pretty funny. They obviously didn't design trees or bushes for the battlefield, but apparently the code for the battle screen just includes them by default and they didn't erase it?

DeletedUser7951

Maybe this has been adressed, but:
I'm not in Mars age yet, but have completed the virtual map. I scouted Mars. Daily quests demand gaining one sector. This can't be achieved. = I can't do the daily. Should have been fixed so I can't scout Mars until I reach Mars age.

kaymedic

Marquis
Maybe this has been adressed, but:
I'm not in Mars age yet, but have completed the virtual map. I scouted Mars. Daily quests demand gaining one sector. This can't be achieved. = I can't do the daily. Should have been fixed so I can't scout Mars until I reach Mars age.

you shouldn't get the daily quest if there are no sectors to conquer. Maybe you left some provinces in the early ages with unconquered sectors.

Thats why i do not scout any province until I need to do for main quests so that I cannot get these daily quests

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
you shouldn't get the daily quest if there are no sectors to conquer. Maybe you left some provinces in the early ages with unconquered sectors

I think he meant, he already scouted a mars province.

I scouted Mars. Daily quests demand gaining one sector. This can't be achieved. = I can't do the daily

Why did you scout mars though? You know how the game runs. Why don't you trade for the sectors - you certainly can get goods from friends/other players?

kaymedic

Marquis
I think he meant, he already scouted a mars province.

Why did you scout mars though? You know how the game runs. Why don't you trade for the sectors - you certainly can get goods from friends/other players?

Sorry you are right :)
So is it impossible to conquer mars provinces if you are not in mars age?

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
So is it impossible to conquer mars provinces if you are not in mars age?
You probably cannot go the settlement, as the ship will pop up only after researching the first tech of SA:M, but apparently the map is already scoutable if you finished all previous maps. Your age never hindered you to go forward on the map as far as I know... But maybe there are sectors that need the special goods (prometium/orihalcum/mars ore) for negotiation?

DeletedUser7951

You can't do either, it's locked until Mars age. I scouted it due to curiosity, it's no biggie for me. But still this is an error, and must be corrected.

DeletedUser7951

Ahhhh, Thanks! I just clicked - didn't know you had to aim to click on the correct place. Awesome, I stand corrected

Nessie

Baronet
I am just curious: how many Mars goods are you all producing? 10.000? 50.000? 100.000? Unfortunately, Support could not give me an answer. I am referring to Ceres/Mars Goods Synthesizing and how many Mars goods will be needed. Since the production of Mars goods costs us all, it would be interesting to read your opinion :)

DeletedUser

I am just curious: how many Mars goods are you all producing? 10.000? 50.000? 100.000? Unfortunately, Support could not give me an answer. I am referring to Ceres/Mars Goods Synthesizing and how many Mars goods will be needed. Since the production of Mars goods costs us all, it would be interesting to read your opinion :)
You asked the support how many Mars goods are produced by other players?

DeletedUser

LOL of course not @gooflab. I simply asked if Mars goods are necessary for Ceres. A "gotcha question", I admit :p
Well, I'm pretty sure nobody (including staff) knows atm, since SAM is brand new. Just wait for an announcement.

Lionhead

Baronet

Since it is announced, that the Mars Colony will dissappear upon entering new age, I can´t imagine Mars goods will be needed. Worst case, players can get stuck in SAM forever, if they stop producing SAM goods after all techs are researched.
I predict SAC tech-wise will be very similar to SAM. VF-goods until SAC-goods are researched, and then just SAC-goods, SAC-special good, Prom and Ori for the rest.