• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Space Age Mars

DeletedUser8090

looks like we are going to have buildings on Mars and new buildings on Earth as well.

DeletedUser8859

Trees around Town Hall... not only potatoes plants at Mars. Nice.

Andi47

Overlord
Trees around Town Hall... not only potatoes plants at Mars. Nice.

Town hall (and several other buildings which green surroundings) seem to be built on Earth. Buildings with "mars-red" soil around are to be built on Mars. There is some green inside at least one of the Mars buildings, but I can't identify whether they are potato plants (Solanum tuberosum watneyensis) or something else.

DeletedUser8071

I quite like the second town hall idea, and the below is what I am imagine.

You can only build Mars buildings on Mars city, use Mars pop and goods. (and maybe only mars army to fight mars maps)
All you can use from earth is coin and supplies just like cultural settlements.

And from now on, all the space eras coming after are happening on this Mars base.
You can have your earth city full of SoKs, but no more on the mars.
It will look more up-to-date

That would be really lame if we don't have an open grid. If I have a shrine to place, I want to place it. When I fly to Mars, my inventory will come with me.

DeletedUser8859

No plants around Mars townhall.

The new image of Town Hall for the Space Age Mars has trees included, refer to first post in this thread for the updated image.
Andi47 posted / clarified that the Town Hall will be at the city which is stiil on Earth, so trees around it is perfectly ok..
My reference to potato plants is a nod to the movie The Martian.
----
What I have not clear is if Inno will change from this era if there will be construction of some buildings in "Mars" vs all buildings constructed in the city (which is on Earth), like for example during OF all Oceanic buildings are in the city, not underwater or floating above water.

For new provinces / sectors the "continent map" is on Mars, ok. But where to build the residential, production, military goods buildings...
  • On "Mars outpost"? new additional building grid?
  • On "Earth"? On the city grid, like in all Eras before?

Dessire

Regent
and the portraits? the most important thing, the portraits! some of VF portraits are very cool and cute! cant wait to see the new portraits!

DeletedUser8859

and the portraits? the most important thing, the portraits! some of VF portraits are very cool and cute! cant wait to see the new portraits!

Portraits? of Matt Damon look alike in NASA uniform? Not found yet.

the most important thing?
  • Open to opinion.
  • Seeing that Buildings, Goods, Map background, etc had their placeholders images and now updated images available before any portraits gives an idea that developer consider these a higher priority that portraits for
    • Quests givers (SAM?, new images of Rinbin, Fernicus, etc.),
    • Province Owners.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The new image of Town Hall for the Space Age Mars has trees included,
Sorry, I thought you were out of stone age and knew that every new era brings a new townhall for your main city ;)
SA:M will bring one townhall for your main city and one for your outpost.

if there will be construction of some buildings in "Mars" vs all buildings constructed in the city
But where to build the residential, production, military goods buildings...
You will construct buildings in your city (grass underground) and on your Mars outpost (sand underground).
Residential: Mars and Main
Production: Mars and Main
Military: prbly only Main
Life Support: Mars
Goods: Mars and Main

like for example during OF all Oceanic buildings are in the city,
As stated by Inno years ago: Your city does not actually change the position. The buildings will always just adapt the new era's look and feel. That's why it is not always snowing when reaching arctic future, your city is not underwater in oceanic future and not a large hologramme in virtual future. The city will always stay in "Spain" on the map and the environment does not change.

DeletedUser8859

Town Hall
H_SS_SpaceAgeMars_Townhall.png