• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Space Age Mars

DeletedUser9947

Yesterday I found new elements for the research tree, which seems like a mars research. I will post the image and the name for it later.

Could you, please, post it? I've been waiting for this all week :D

Following the concept where, in each age, you have a 'villain' that you need to defeat through the continental map, why not do the same in this age? Imagine a new, intelligent specie in Mars, that want to protect their planet from the outsiders and don't want you to "look around". According to this logic, everytime you try to explore new land in Mars, they'd defend it in order to push you back.

Or, going into a more elaborated plan, since the following ages will be about space exploration, you can also imagine a powerful civilization that wants to control the solar system/galaxy/universe. You'll only meet that civilization once you leave home - Earth - and when you do it, you'll have to fight them in order to save the (universe?) world AND to keep exploring your surroundings.

DeletedUser9263

I don't understand... We just reached a new planet and there already is a war? PvP tower, military buildings. Cmon, the first colony will be scientists, not soldiers.
and scientists will be followed by business tycoons. thus, war.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Some Mars specific GB´s would be nice, and they should be placed on Mars.
"SAM|Unlock these expansions by researching the required technology. Place expansions adjacent to your colony grid for more space to build. Upon moving on to the next age, this colony will be left behind, so expansions will not carry over."

I do not think that this would work well together - or do you like losing your GB at the beginning of the next age ;)

DeletedUser

I do not think that this would work well together - or do you like losing your GB at the beginning of the next age ;)

Totally right, those two would not work together, it looks more like we´r having yet another event, this time its just build into the new age, and ages coming after that, FoE should be renamed to EverEvents.

Inno is making way to much money on events, and they are really milking that cow to max now, new content to the game = another event in another form with the same purpose.

Edit: alrdy pre ordered another game, if nothing good happens here before April 16th then at least i have something else to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9573

Everybody assumes you will abandon the colony just like you do after completing a viking settlement.

"SAM|Unlock these expansions by researching the required technology. Place expansions adjacent to your colony grid for more space to build. Upon moving on to the next age, this colony will be left behind, so expansions will not carry over."

I read this as follows:
The expansions you get via research of Mars-Technology or the Mars Map encounters are exclusive to your colony on Mars and won't help you in the colony of the next age which presumably won't be located on mars. Therefore the expansions "will not carry over" and the colony will be left behind on mars, but still be accessable.

DeletedUser

I read this as follows:
The expansions you get via research of Mars-Technology or the Mars Map encounters are exclusive to your colony on Mars and won't help you in the colony of the next age which presumably won't be located on mars. Therefore the expansions "will not carry over" and the colony will be left behind on mars, but still be accessable.

Why even say
"expansions will not carry over"
if the colony is permanent?

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Totally right, those two would not work together, it looks more like we´r having yet another event

I do not really think of it as an event - For me it looks like there might be a semi-permanent mars settlement that will accompany you for quite some time and additionally there might be mars outposts with a shorter life-span (similar to the viking settlements - for gathering of special resources - instead of the harbors).

DeletedUser

but if it will be gone after going into the next era those goods can't be used in the next era only in mars era

reason
if a player didn't produce enough before advancing he would be stuck forever (or is forced to spend tenthousands of diamonds)

would then be the first goods that will only be used in tech tree in only one era and not in 4 (the one it is from and 3 more)
but if it follows that previous pattern it would be needed in 3 more eras

DeletedUser

but if it will be gone after going into the next era those goods can't be used in the next era only in mars era

reason
if a player didn't produce enough before advancing he would be stuck forever (or is forced to spend tenthousands of diamonds)

would then be the first goods that will only be used in tech tree in only one era and not in 4 (the one it is from and 3 more)

My fear too.
And if that fear comes trough then the game is all about getting some new stuff to make your town better, so u can get your GB´s leveled faster, and nothing more, and next age its just repeat what u did last age to get a better town and better GB´s, cant really see the point in getting better things when the only use is getting better things (or fight the old maps in GvG along with the other 50 GvG guilds thats trying to get the same sektors on the 3 top maps)

But lets see and hope it has more to it than this.
What i need in this age to keep playing is info about what AF OF VF guild goods can be use for besides what we can use it for now, and i need a use for special goods too, piling up for no use aint fun anymore,
or its most likely game over for me.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I just read that link. It's only a suggestion to Inno it's not actually anything from Inno management.
The last post in that thread was made by a mod...

Edit:
I just looked it up again - the last post was modified just today to remove that hint.
Maybe it was wrong to begin with or the idea was scrapped or the mod was not allowed to do such an indirect announcement...

Last edited:

Emberguard

Emperor
Depending on how it was worded could have been speculation rather then information. You might be right and it could be they had access to info, but it could just as easily be speculation and removed so people don't get excited about something that may or may not be on the table

DeletedUser9030

do we know the extensions to be on the mars? extensions with goods such as cultural settlements?

qaccy

Emperor
Why even say
"expansions will not carry over"
if the colony is permanent?

I read it the same way as @Azrael der Furchtlose did. In other words, expansions on this colony are no different than expansions in your main city or the ones in the Vikings settlement. Each map has its own expansions that are not shared between them. However, people seem to be confused and scared of the 'left behind' part, and I don't think they should be. While nobody actually knows for sure, I'm pretty convinced that Inno isn't going to the trouble of creating everything involved with this new colony only for it to be deleted from our games once we enter the age after Mars. It's just going to become a lot less important to gameplay and stop developing, like the AF/OF harbors have become.

@Darrth Eugene Vader
You're hinging your opinions on the belief that GBs can never be fundamentally changed and must always follow the same pattern. Who's to say that has to be the case? Maybe new GBs ARE going to be introduced for these new maps rather than our main cities. Maybe they will have different build/upgrade requirements. Maybe they won't even require blueprints to build. Maybe other players won't even be able to see them (as they're in another map, and currently players are only able to view the main cities of other players) and thus their upgrading comes entirely from the owner. Maybe their levels are capped at a specific number and have bonuses based on that maximum. Are all of these bad ideas? Maybe some are depending on their implementation, but I certainly think it'd be interesting to see GBs again that are wholly removed from the Arc cancer that's taken over the game.

DeletedUser

I'm pretty convinced that Inno isn't going to the trouble of creating everything involved with this new colony only for it to be deleted from our games once we enter the age after Mars

I hope your right, but the Mars colony might just be the viking settlement with a new skin, and if it is, it will just be easier for them to copy the mini map over and over again as we move on to other planets or moons.
(the buildings are space buildings, and they could be used in other parts of space)

Anyways im looking forward to more info on this, hope it goes live on beta real soon.

Edit: And i hope that the reason for not having more GvG maps was that Inno wanted to skip maps for 3 ages.
Reason: By skipping GvG maps 3 ages more guilds will be ready to enter the maps when they go live, and there wount be so many arguments in guilds over "use the goods for GE or GvG"
and Obs Arc Atom will still be useful for saving up for future GvG maps, and the other GB´s that give goods from 3 ages under your own would fit the new GvG map (if your in the last age) and that would bring a good use for the billions of goods guilds have by now in the top 3 ages.
---new map would be paid with AF goods and maybe some special goods too---

Last edited by a moderator: