• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Space Age Mars

MonkeyDCapo

Baronet
Now, we got some new images for the campaign. And yes, they are no placeholders. :)
I Like this one :D

prov1607_bg_0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7959

I don't understand... We just reached a new planet and there already is a war? PvP tower, military buildings. Cmon, the first colony will be scientists, not soldiers.

Julian24

Viceroy
I don't understand... We just reached a new planet and there already is a war? PvP tower, military buildings. Cmon, the first colony will be scientists, not soldiers.
So you think it is a good idea to release a new Age without a continent map to fight on and units? We still have our city on earth and we propably need to fight there.

DeletedUser7959

So you think it is a good idea to release a new Age without a continent map to fight on and units? We still have our city on earth and we propably need to fight there.
To fight? Excuse me, vs whom? Rocks?
What I think is that replicate the same stuff just making it look different is not the right decision, especially on a new planet first people who will be there are scientists. Especially, for the 18th age in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7951

For me it sounds more like a "culture settlement" than a new age, with the ""SAM|Unlock these expansions by researching the required technology. Place expansions adjacent to your colony grid for more space to build. Upon moving on to the next age, this colony will be left behind, so expansions will not carry over."" - Less thrilled now :(

DeletedUser8859

Cultural Settlements do not have their "technology" at the same Research Tree where we got the Eras tech.
Space Age Mars is not a settlement.

Julian24

Viceroy
Oh yeah, Mars colony with its own ship, with village to build and left behind does not sound like settlement at all, no, of course not.
Space Age Mars is not an Settlement. It is a new age (as you can see in the research tree) with an outpost, which is like a settlement. We still have new buildings for our city and another city/outpost/colony, where (as it looks like) we can farm other resources. Also the text states, that the colony will be left behind, when we go to the next age. Until then, there is months of work to do. It is not permanent, but will not disappear after a couple of days/weeks.

DeletedUser9134

To me, the obvious answer which fits with the current design philosophy is that the colony IS the new harbor. Instead of having a harbor that we can send a ship, we will have the colony in a similar way to the vikings to collect space ore. This in turn will be used to unlock research in the same way as promethium.

Unlocking research for expansions will be akin to harbor upgrades. more room = more ore faster.

The 2nd town hall will be for the colony, just as we have one for vikings.

DeletedUser

For me it sounds more like a "culture settlement" than a new age, with the ""SAM|Unlock these expansions by researching the required technology. Place expansions adjacent to your colony grid for more space to build. Upon moving on to the next age, this colony will be left behind, so expansions will not carry over."" - Less thrilled now :(
that is really disappointing

the best things an era bring with it and then we must leave it behind

DeletedUser

Do you even understand what Julian is talking about and what SpaceAge seems
he is talking about that 1 city, 1 settlement and 1 outpost (3 cities) is enough for him and he don't want to play more :rolleyes:

and what SpaceAge seems
an outpost
more like the city and less like a settlement

or are you just trolling?
so are you trolling and not allowing my opinion that I want keep my outpost and if it is too much for other players they should select the features they don't use to reduce the amount of time being in the game :rolleyes:

DeletedUser5097

that is really disappointing

the best things an era bring with it and then we must leave it behind
Strongly agreed it's sad to work on a major colony towards a point that it can take care
of it's own. On top of that. From the looks it will reach much larger sizes than the
settlments. While the theme futures are also beeing in some way a future vision of the
dev. it's also a grimm one: After spending a lot of time, money and effort in a Mars
colony, we will leave it after losing intresst in Mars. Wich is also a huge step back
after achieving something like that, since it almost dwarfs all previouse achievments
of history.

As for maintaining 3 cities (main city, settlement, colony) I think the settlement is just
a side quest anyways and the colony wouldn't take that much extra time to keep
running than the main city. I mean there are plenty of players with 6 fully active
main cities, some even including settlments.
In my opionion the concept of a colony is very intressting. Much better than the
harbors and giving a much better expirience of the space program and exploration.
It would be better if in the end your colony would remain with having a few side
quests unique to it. Keeping it as a feature. For unlocking some extra stuff if you
want, but having an option to ignore it or shutting it down on will rather than beeing
forced in making a ghost town. Another good sollution would be keeping it for later
use in the End Game of FoE.

Anyways the concept of explorations on the map sounds intressting. Especialy as I read
it where you need the aid of your colony.

DeletedUser9822

You need to watch the second season of NatGeos Mars and the expanse.

DeletedUser9822

Strongly agreed it's sad to work on a major colony towards a point that it can take care
of it's own. On top of that. From the looks it will reach much larger sizes than the
settlments. While the theme futures are also beeing in some way a future vision of the
dev. it's also a grimm one: After spending a lot of time, money and effort in a Mars
colony, we will leave it after losing intresst in Mars. Wich is also a huge step back
after achieving something like that, since it almost dwarfs all previouse achievments
of history.

As for maintaining 3 cities (main city, settlement, colony) I think the settlement is just
a side quest anyways and the colony wouldn't take that much extra time to keep
running than the main city. I mean there are plenty of players with 6 fully active
main cities, some even including settlments.
In my opionion the concept of a colony is very intressting. Much better than the
harbors and giving a much better expirience of the space program and exploration.
It would be better if in the end your colony would remain with having a few side
quests unique to it. Keeping it as a feature. For unlocking some extra stuff if you
want, but having an option to ignore it or shutting it down on will rather than beeing
forced in making a ghost town. Another good sollution would be keeping it for later
use in the End Game of FoE.

Anyways the concept of explorations on the map sounds intressting. Especialy as I read
it where you need the aid of your colony.

I agree. WE should be given the option to keep running the colony or abandon it, with the full understanding that it will cost to jeep it staffed, just like compromises must be made in reality to keep the ISS running or the UN.

qaccy

Emperor
I'd like to suggest that 'left behind' may simply mean that we won't really have much or any use for it after we leave the age, rather than it becoming inaccessible. It also makes perfect sense to me that expansions earned on Mars wouldn't carry over to whatever new area comes after it since they're completely different locations.