• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Space Age Mars

Praeceptor

Marquis
As it is common to build the GB before reaching the era anyway, this GB would help players in earlier ages to go forward quicker, as they are not as "forced" to stay in the same age as before to hoard current age goods for the coming ages (Techs/GE-Negotiation/provinces). But yes, for players currently in VF, this GB probably is not really worth building due to huge stock piles of current era goods.

The trouble is that players who race through the eras are the ones who start calling their neighbours bullies when they are attacked. In my view, if you don't have enough goods to go to the next age, you probably shouldn't.

DeletedUser9947

Before I started to play Forge of Empires, I used to play another online-browser game (which name I won't say) that had an incredible mistake: all the new content was directed to new players, instead of high-end. You guys may think that introduce new content for early ages is the right thing to do but believe me, the thing that keeps me playing FoE is the motivation to keep grinding in the tech tree, campaign map and GBs. And this is how it's supposed to be. Imagine unlocking all the content of a long-term game in 5 months - and spend 8 years logging in every day, spending 5 hours a day in the game (yes, you had to spend 5 hours each day on that game) without anything new to do.

DeletedUser8277

I suppose I'm in the minority here but I'd say a GB producing last eras goods is quite useful to all players, late stage more so. I'm assuming it will be refined goods based on the description which is great, SV/DT/Voyager are the only ones coming to mind giving refined currently and those aren't set amounts you can bank on everyday because of the variables.

Someone with a big Chat can make a lot of current age refined goods looping quests but they can never again make the goods of the previous era doing that. Which, if you negotiate GE you need almost as many of. You're stuck either trading down, which isnt always reliable or gathering huge stockpiles before you age up to hold you over. Personally what I do is have all my event buildings set to the era before to make up what I'm spending so I don't deplete my stockpile in any 1 era too much.

Giving refined + the prior age goods needed for GE negotiators make this a win in my book and something I'd think many people even end gamers would find useful.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
There is the market.
this gb will only be useful if it gives unrefined (like the others).
In "space age mars" we would have "future" for guild war.

DeletedUser

Guys, rember, the possibility to build a vf era gb in iron age is one of the facts that helps the game have new players, so many events is another one. I have seen so many online games die because developers/team behind the game only create content for end game players, or most of the content are made for end game players, they forget about new players, the starting area/content. When a player see thar in order to reach to vf they have to spend thooouuusaaaands of FP they think things like "ok..forget it..this game is so p2w" but when they see that they can build the arc; cape canaveral, himeji etc in early ages they realize then they actually reach to vf more easly. Do you want more new players in the game? Let them get things more easly. You dont want that? Then prepare to see a worlds/server merge..
Like we had easy start, right? And that is why end game players are bragging they have nothing to do, right? I think you live in your own fantasy world we all are excluded from...

DeletedUser

The trouble is that players who race through the eras are the ones who start calling their neighbours bullies when they are attacked. In my view, if you don't have enough goods to go to the next age, you probably shouldn't.
I feel sooooo old. In my days we used to envy the ones who had GBs on high levels and bought plans for them, calculating and strategizing.... Now it's a minute and you are in AF and quit the game because of promethium. We in VF are dinosaurs.

Lionhead

Baronet
For quite som time, a certain indicator for soon to be released new era or part era release, was the release of new Victory Expansions some time (usually approx. 14 days prior) before the new era or part era itself. But no new expansions have been released so far, so I fear we could have a bit of waiting to do still.
But fingers crossed, it will be sooner rather than later.

DeletedUser5383

For quite som time, a certain indicator for soon to be released new era or part era release, was the release of new Victory Expansions some time (usually approx. 14 days prior) before the new era or part era itself. But no new expansions have been released so far, so I fear we could have a bit of waiting to do still.
But fingers crossed, it will be sooner rather than later.

The Mars filter is already in your army management :)
But as you say there is an expansion first before release.

DeletedUser7959

But not unrefined
What? All GBs that produce goods, give unrefined goods after you reach the Modern era. We have 7 of those already and probably don't need more. As you said, AF goods aren't as popular as Future that we produce in VF.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
What? All GBs that produce goods, give unrefined goods after you reach the Modern era. We have 7 of those already and probably don't need more. As you said, AF goods aren't as popular as Future that we produce in VF.
(previous_era_good_production)
before modern: all GB = era; new GB = era-1
after modern: all GB = unrefined; new GB = unrefined-1
Space age mars: -1 -----------> Future

Last edited:

DeletedUser7959

[QUOTE = "AllenWalker, post: 78776, member: 7959"] Quoi? Go to Going the Great. Nous avons déjà 7 et nous n'avons probablement pas besoin de plus. Comme vous l'avez dit, les produits AF ne sont pas aussi populaires que l'avenir que nous produisons en VF. [/ CITATION]
-1 -----------> Future
1q0vc4.jpg

DeletedUser

Space age mars: -1 -----------> Future
WAT.jpg
Previous era goods is goods from the previous era.
Cut your refined/unrefined explanation.

The GB will give virtual goods when you are in SpaceAgeMars. It will give future goods when you are in arctic. And so on.

DeletedUser7959

There is the market.
this gb will only be useful if it gives unrefined (like the others).
In "space age mars" we would have "future" for guild war.
But not unrefined - 1.
that's three different things:confused:
Ignoring logic, what's the point in "unrefined-1"? If you want to get unrefined goods from Future, just stay in VF and get them from already existed 7 GBs... LOL.

Last edited by a moderator: