• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Space Age Asteroid Belt

DeletedUser10265

will not be the first GB which can't be used daily

my Temple of Relics is also useless 4 days a week o_O
You can "use" your Temple up to 64 times per week, it doesn't matter if you do the entire GE in 1 hour or in 6 days.. It doesn't have charges which get renewed when collecting like the Himeji Castle or the Kraken. So, what you said is just bullsht.
Any other example of a GB that cannot be used every day? (BTW, I am asking about a GB that cannot be used, not about one you choose to not use, like your "temple useless for 4 days a week").

nice joke
everybody can decide by himself if he wants to fight or negotiate
Sure, everyone has the right to do things wrong. :)
But it doesn't mean that they should be awarded for that.

how many?
I bet less than 1% of all guilds :rolleyes:
Yeah, taking into account that about 90% guilds are 1-man guilds, ghost guilds etc., then probably less than 1%. But all of them are top guilds.
And players in top guilds know what they do, in general.
Is it better to make a GB for those who know how to play the game efficiently, or for those who have no freakin idea?

so basically you say: all GB should be for fighters because negotiators are playing the game worng o_O
Pretty much YES! At least until they make negotiations equally good as fights, which doesn't seem likely.

If something isn't useful for top players, it's sucky. You have the right to want sucky things, but it doesn't make these things less sucky. The new GB is sucky.

DeletedUser9134

You can "use" your Temple up to 64 times per week, it doesn't matter if you do the entire GE in 1 hour or in 6 days.. It doesn't have charges which get renewed when collecting like the Himeji Castle or the Kraken. So, what you said is just bullsht.
Any other example of a GB that cannot be used every day? (BTW, I am asking about a GB that cannot be used, not about one you choose to not use, like your "temple useless for 4 days a week").

Sure, everyone has the right to do things wrong. :)
But it doesn't mean that they should be awarded for that.

Yeah, taking into account that about 90% guilds are 1-man guilds, ghost guilds etc., then probably less than 1%. But all of them are top guilds.
And players in top guilds know what they do, in general.
Is it better to make a GB for those who know how to play the game efficiently, or for those who have no freakin idea?

Pretty much YES! At least until they make negotiations equally good as fights, which doesn't seem likely.

If something isn't useful for top players, it's sucky. You have the right to want sucky things, but it doesn't make these things less sucky. The new GB is sucky.

top end players negotiate in gbg all the time if playing efficiently.

Lionhead

Baronet

Well, that´s not in any way different if you choose not to use a GB which has negotiations as a charge. It´s absolutely possible to use that every day of the week.

Dessire

Regent
this new GB is a SAAB era, an era where players , like in SAM, can go to the map continent and fight or negotiate every 4 hours, 8 hours and 24 hours to get mars ores. in SAM we can fight or negotiate 20 times or more per day.
so, what are you talking about when you say "oh we can negotiate only during guild expedition" ? pls ...players in virtual future or lower eras, who can't participate in GBGS or have already done GE, obviously could have problems to use this new great buiding everyday...

for those who keep saying this has no use every second monday... consider that you'll probably be able to collect it Monday, negotiate Tuesday, then collect it again Tuesday and negotiate more...

Anyways, I'm probably quitting the game now, which I've known would be a risk once the SAAB leaks hit and have been planning on for over six months, if the GBs sucked again. I moved up to Mars solely over GVG - the units were too good of an increase. I tried to talk all the VF players on my server in to not aging up, there was only one hold out who wanted to age up right away. Even enemy guilds were agreeing. All the buildings suck - and seriously, nerfing Virgo with-out doing something positive like increasing its chances, was a poor decision. I did warn everyone about the nerf who wanted to buy one to prevent buyer's remorse, just like I talk everyone out of Stargazer who wants to buy one on the basis of how many FP it takes just to have it equal sleigh builders in the same place, so not ripping people off, yes, that FP loss is my fault. I'll explain to players why they shouldn't build a Colloseum any day, and so I do so with Virgo and SG as well. -- So knowing that one idiot rogue player on my server was going to dominate everyone in AA with mars units if we didn't all move up, of course we all moved up - Himeji and TA skyrocketted in price, SG and Virgo were predictably dead. I would have held myself back in VF and cost my chance at fighting in AA if I had known it would be a WHOLE YEAR for another age. Part of that decision was knowing that VF's parts were, like OF, 4-ish months apart, and expecting that trend to continue. A WHOLE YEAR? Now what do I do, with this crap building that nobody should buy since they should be building their city up to fight rather than negotiate? The only use case for this is those infinite CF players who only negotiate, and do so sustainable. Even then, do you think they need wishing wells? Do you think any SAAB players will need WISHING WELLS? Do you think SAAB players who've been waiting a year need RENO PACKS? Frankly those reno packs are the only saving grace, because they _might_ draw some _stupid_ players in to spending 10000s of fp on making this efficient for them.

I hope to god there's another GB, and that it's a good one for sales, because my entire game is based around selling GBs to level my own GBs. That is what farmers should be doing, not negotiating to 100.

Inno needs to start actually playing their own game.

DeletedUser9851

for those who keep saying this has no use every second monday... consider that you'll probably be able to collect it Monday, negotiate Tuesday, then collect it again Tuesday and negotiate more...

Anyways, I'm probably quitting the game now, which I've known would be a risk once the SAAB leaks hit and have been planning on for over six months, if the GBs sucked again. I moved up to Mars solely over GVG - the units were too good of an increase. I tried to talk all the VF players on my server in to not aging up, there was only one hold out who wanted to age up right away. Even enemy guilds were agreeing. All the buildings suck - and seriously, nerfing Virgo with-out doing something positive like increasing its chances, was a poor decision. I did warn everyone about the nerf who wanted to buy one to prevent buyer's remorse, just like I talk everyone out of Stargazer who wants to buy one on the basis of how many FP it takes just to have it equal sleigh builders in the same place, so not ripping people off, yes, that FP loss is my fault. I'll explain to players why they shouldn't build a Colloseum any day, and so I do so with Virgo and SG as well. -- So knowing that one idiot rogue player on my server was going to dominate everyone in AA with mars units if we didn't all move up, of course we all moved up - Himeji and TA skyrocketted in price, SG and Virgo were predictably dead. I would have held myself back in VF and cost my chance at fighting in AA if I had known it would be a WHOLE YEAR for another age. Part of that decision was knowing that VF's parts were, like OF, 4-ish months apart, and expecting that trend to continue. A WHOLE YEAR? Now what do I do, with this crap building that nobody should buy since they should be building their city up to fight rather than negotiate? The only use case for this is those infinite CF players who only negotiate, and do so sustainable. Even then, do you think they need wishing wells? Do you think any SAAB players will need WISHING WELLS? Do you think SAAB players who've been waiting a year need RENO PACKS? Frankly those reno packs are the only saving grace, because they _might_ draw some _stupid_ players in to spending 10000s of fp on making this efficient for them.

I hope to god there's another GB, and that it's a good one for sales, because my entire game is based around selling GBs to level my own GBs. That is what farmers should be doing, not negotiating to 100.

Inno needs to start actually playing their own game.
Hi! We need to keep in mind that the items that you are referring to (Wishing Well, Wishing Well Shrink Kit and Renovation Kit) are items that you can choose from should you get a Diplomatic Gifts Selection Kit as a reward from this yet-to-be-named SA:AB GB...but the question is: how often will you get one of those precisely? To me, this Selection Kit will work the same way as the Himeji Castle's Selection Kit...I mean is this the main prize that I aim for when I get a random prize from my HC following a successful fight? Of course not! But I usually take this item and sell it via the Antiques Dealer, so at the end of the day it is not that horrible! ;)

Also, remember that the Himeji Castle has MORE CHANCES of providing you 1 of the following prize (FPs and Goods) than a Selection Kit...and of course you can also get some Diamonds from it (but this is quite rare of course!) and I personally expect that this SA:AB GB will follow the same approach: it will provide more "common rewards" than this "Diplomatic Gifts Selection Kit" and, if the rewards are the same as the HC (once again, FPs, Goods, Selection Kit & Diamonds), I for sure will build it (and, trust me, this GB will be EXTREMELY POPULAR should it provides the same kind of rewards than the HC, since there are LOTS of people playing FoE who are focusing more on Negotiations than Fights, for all kinds of reasons) :)

But I share your frustration regarding the SAM Great Buildings, because Innogames could have made a tiny bigger efforts to make those Great Buildings more interesting, which they did not... ;)

Teak

Steward
top end players negotiate in gbg all the time if playing efficiently.
... well I have 5k fights and 17 negotiations- if you are strong enough you won’t negotiate - only if it is really necessary.
You try to avoid it, because when you can’t fight anymore the amount of needed goods is way too high (300 or even more) and there is no guarantee to solve every negotiation.

To be honest, I’m not very keen on this new mechanic, because it will trade goods for FP. If the negotiation is cheap it’s ok-ish, but with high attrition it’s a bummer. ... but ofc we will build it (if it’s a similar loot table like HC)

Hopefully this GB will scale better than the HC and you don’t rush it to lvl 58 in 2 days after release .... PLS Inno! Give us something to spend our FPs on ;)

Last edited:

DeletedUser9734

I have almost 1000% attack and I do negotiations all the time in GBG. The first 10 to 20 are worth negotiating because the cost of goods is small and you get 2 pts for each negotiation, vs 1 pt per battle. Then I do about 80 battles, until I'm unable to continue. And the Virgo is very good because it often gives me as many as 10 extra battles when attrition gets very high. It gets me past one or 2 very hard troop combos, until easier combos return. In FOE everything has a purpose if used correctly.

DeletedUser9947

Guys this seems to be such a good age and yet this thread is full of arguments, can't we just take a deep breath and enjoy this upcoming content?!
About the GBs, there's no way to know right now if this age will have only one GB or more, nor can we guess if it'll be delivered in parts or as a whole. Let's wait for the announcement and THEN we can discuss and give some constructive feedback :)

DarkblueOO6

Merchant
Guys this seems to be such a good age and yet this thread is full of arguments, can't we just take a deep breath and enjoy this upcoming content?!
About the GBs, there's no way to know right now if this age will have only one GB or more, nor can we guess if it'll be delivered in parts or as a whole. Let's wait for the announcement and THEN we can discuss and give some constructive feedback :)

Nope, Friction is the best method for success...

Dessire

Regent
If himeji castle is an attack oriented GB (because you need win attacks in order to get it's active bonus), and if this GB gives you goods sometimes (50, 100, 250, 500), then that means this new negotiations oriented GB would give us military units sometimes XD? 50 , 100, 250, 500 units? XD

It makes sense for Inno to make a GB for people who negotiate. There are a lot of people at all ages of the game who do it. It is not a GB that I would build but at least it's better than in SAM as it is a building I can see people actually wanting. That said I do hope the other GB is better for me and my play style. I don't think I've gone 2 ages before without getting a GB. I hope inno doesn't make this a first for me

DeletedUser9734

We don't yet know what the rewards will be for this new negotiation oriented GB. Ideally it would also generate goods on a daily basis. Rewards might also include goods from the previous age.

DeletedUser9134

... well I have 5k fights and 17 negotiations- if you are strong enough you won’t negotiate - only if it is really necessary.
You try to avoid it, because when you can’t fight anymore the amount of needed goods is way too high (300 or even more) and there is no guarantee to solve every negotiation.

To be honest, I’m not very keen on this new mechanic, because it will trade goods for FP. If the negotiation is cheap it’s ok-ish, but with high attrition it’s a bummer. ... but ofc we will build it (if it’s a similar loot table like HC)

Hopefully this GB will scale better than the HC and you don’t rush it to lvl 58 in 2 days after release .... PLS Inno! Give us something to spend our FPs on ;)

I have similar. (Around 3k fights and 30 negotiates becuase I am a slacker). Negotiations are most useful at the beginning of your attrition (when the cost is low) on low priority but impactful sectors that don’t have camp support. As you get 2/160 advances for 1 attrition instead f 1/160

... and honestly, it it’s as good as hc I’ll have it at 58 after 2 days again lol. Most efficient way to level.

DeletedUser9947

Almost every placeholder gone: missing one asteroid residential, one military building and one cultural. Even though I'm still half a year away from SAAB, I can't wait for this age :p