• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Space Age Asteroid Belt

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I herewith open the spoilers for next Age:
Space Age: Asteroid Belt (formerly "space age Ceres")

Limited to 40 images per post... Further spoilers here:
Buildings Asteroid
Buildings Earth
Military
Technologies

asteroidbelt_world_bg_0.jpg
spaceage_asteroid_belt_1_bg_0.jpg

spaceage_asteroid_belt_2_bg_0.jpg
asteroidbelt_world_o_0.png

pvp_spaceageasteroidbelt.png
mapicon_raw_processed_material.png
mapicon_raw_platinum_crystals.png
mapicon_raw_nickel.png
mapicon_raw_compound_fluid.png
mapicon_raw_bromine.png
exploration_site_asteroidbelt_easy.png
exploration_site_asteroidbelt_normal.png
exploration_site_asteroidbelt_hard.png
Ayesha
provinceowner_ayesha.jpg

Mrs Miri
provinceowner_mrs_miri.jpg

Remington
provinceowner_remington.jpg

Tiberius
provinceowner_tiberius.jpg

At your Command
package_at_your_command_SpaceAgeAsteroidBelt.png

The Whole Package
package_the_whole_package_SpaceAgeAsteroidBelt.png

Philosophers Stone
package_philosophers_stone_SpaceAgeAsteroidBelt.png

Grivus
saab_portrait_general_large.png

Rinbin
saab_portrait_jester_large.png

Greva Darn
saab_portrait_merchant_large.png

Mandrubar
saab_portrait_scientist_large.png

Eve
saab_portrait_eve_large.png

Fernikus
saab_portrait_architect_large.png

portrait_355.jpg

portrait_356.jpg

portrait_357.jpg

portrait_358.jpg

portrait_359.jpg

portrait_360.jpg

portrait_361.jpg

portrait_362.jpg

portrait_363.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Andi47

Overlord
Hmmmm....

Diplomatic gifts? Sounds like an effect for negotiations, which is similar to Himeji's effect for battles. Would be great!

Special goods: Promethium, Orichalcum, Mars Ore and Ceres ore? (or however it will be named?)

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
I can't see the special goods bonus being the promethium/orichalcum/mars ore/etc. That would be such a limited bonus for a GB that I can't see many building it.

Diplomatic gifts sounds more to me like an effect for aiding. Maybe something similar to the Seed Vault or Dynamic Tower? Or maybe even the other way around; the people you are aiding get the bonus, not you?

Either way, this looks interesting.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Maybe the special goods will deliver goods of choice (of the current or any previous era)?

Such feature was requested a couple of times...

On the other hand it would make sense if it gave ori/prom/Mars ore... But what would it give in an age where there is no special goods? Or will it always give random special goods - so you could save up on them way before reaching the specific age and you could run through them and not bother with the harbors? Would make the game too easy I feel - but it would allow newer players to quickly catch up to the late gamers...

DeletedUser9778

Is it possible that these two bonuses are only for one GE? or you find something in their name that states it's for two GE? one seems active and the first is clearly a passive one

Exallia

Merchant
Mhhm, why do i have a feeling that the Diplomatic Gifts will be the brother of Himeji Castle?
Himeji Castle - spoils of war, so a % chance of a reward after a battle, and maybe this Diplomatic Gifts will be a % chance of a reward after a negotiation??

As for Special Goods, i leave it to the old campaigners of this game. :cool:

DeletedUser8257

Diplomatic gifts sounds more to me like an effect for aiding. Maybe something similar to the Seed Vault or Dynamic Tower? Or maybe even the other way around; the people you are aiding get the bonus, not you?
I hope this is the case. I feel if it's related to negotiation, it may be difficult to take full advantage of the bonus - albeit more feasible with GBG in play, however, there will still be a gap in available negotiations when both GE and GBG are between seasons, unless the Ceres ore (if we get one) follows the same scheme as Mars ore.

Excited to see what it'll be though.

lekond

Steward
I don't think the second spoiler is about promethium/orichalcum/mars. It means yau can get this goods in Iron Age...
May be it's about culture settlements? Or some new goods

DeletedUser9778

I don't think the second spoiler is about promethium/orichalcum/mars. It means yau can get this goods in Iron Age...
May be it's about culture settlements? Or some new goods
indeed, this also means we won't need the harbor, oceanic terminal which are upgraded a lot and have a good production of these goods, and the most important is they don't take space form cit, why would someone waste space when can get the good without it? so I don't think it's about these goods, at least I hope it's not about them.
Would make lots of sense if they are
a) something new for x feature or task
b) choose what goods from what era you want
c) cultural goods (such a good idea and worth it, I mean, it's Ceres Era, will be hard to get the goods and projects if you are not a high player)

DeletedUser5097

Finaly some news :) can’t wait to see more. I think if Cerus is done well it can be one of the
more interesting ages

qaccy

Emperor
Special goods absolutely sounds like it interacts with Promethium, Orichalcum and Mars Ore. You have to consider the wording here. Those three goods are listed as 'special' in the goods inventory. It matches up perfectly. Whether this bonus is to produce them directly, or increase the amount you gain from producing them normally, we'll have to wait and see. But I'm 100% convinced that the bonus interacts with these three goods in some way, along with (probably) any that are released in the future.

Diplomatic gifts sounds like bonus rewards related to negotiations or maybe even interacting with cultural settlements somehow. Unlike the special goods bonus though, there isn't really any other usage of the word 'diplomacy' in the game that it can be linked to so this one's more up in the air for me.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
The concern that I share regarding dolomatic gift being an effect similar to Himeji but for negotiations is that there is only a single game feature that allows negotiations on every second Monday when there is neither GE nor GBG...

Unless there is a change to neighborhood "fights" and you can also negotiate entry into the other's city (bribing the guards) that is ;)

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
The concern that I share regarding dolomatic gift being an effect similar to Himeji but for negotiations is that there is only a single game feature that allows negotiations on every second Monday when there is neither GE nor GBG...
It must first be useful in the space age.
There is the ore ....
It would be a GB intended for these eras.

qaccy

Emperor
If the bonus actually ends up being a 'counterpart to Himeji' as some suspect, I can see it being a constant bonus rather than something that has charges, perhaps with a lower activation rate to compensate. Something like the Seed Vault, in other words. That way there's no need to worry about wasting charges on every second Monday in particular, or otherwise for players without access to GE, GBG, and/or exploration sites in SAM.

kaymedic

Marquis
It gives a chance that in a negotiation one matching good will be placed at the start. Similar to krakens First strike ;)

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
Alternatively, we could see a HC counterpart for negotiations operate on a weekly schedule. Would be an interesting change for a GB to have a greater than 24 hour collection timer.

qaccy

Emperor
Possible, but that sounds more 'square peg, round hole' to me, trying to make one existing mechanic (limited uses) work for a more limited system instead of using another existing mechanic (passive bonus) that naturally fits better.

DeletedUser9778

Diplomatic Gifts could also be like an attack booster for the negotiations, you need fewer goods for negotiation in base at what lv the GE is but I believe little in this one.
I'm pretty sure it is Himeji Castle's sister for negotiation, you get a reward after a successful negotiation

DeletedUser8946

Diplomatic Gifts could also be like an attack booster for the negotiations, you need fewer goods for negotiation in base at what lv the GE is but I believe little in this one.
I'm pretty sure it is Himeji Castle's sister for negotiation, you get a reward after a successful negotiation

In GE, I fight 64 battles. all of them auto.
In BG, I dont negotiate.
In settlements, well I stopped doing them a while back..

If we have a GB that does help with the negotiations, well, why? would be my question