• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback PvP Arena

Owl II

Emperor
Ok. Someone out there still has common sense. It s great. They need to understand now PVP is a drive. This is a direct competition with an opponent. This does not necessarily mean hitting each other. The game has developed over the years so that the defense is much weaker the attack. This will not allow you to make the right matchmaking. But why not give two (or more) players a platform for competitions? So we might fight for territory. Or collect battle points. Or something else. This would be more PVP any PVP that can be done in the current conditions. But if you want players to beat each other, then make unique troops for the Arena, as in Egypt. It will be boring, though

Last edited:

Thunderdome

Emperor
"Since July 9th, we have received impressive 2400 comments of feedback (EN and Beta forums) regarding the new PvP Arena feature."

There was never a "source" that said it otherwise, was there? Yep, figured as much as it was a ploy to "sway" everyone in accepting this feature as it is, something that someone said would happen if we were to know of it. Again, we're smart players that had played a good game until this came along.

I hope this will serve as a "lesson" to be learned by the development team. I am not saying to "scrap" it, but at least take our suggestions to heart (there were some really good ones and at least three avenues where this can be taken on for total enjoyment). Something to think about, eh?

Anyways, in the end, I thank you for doing this. I await the return of the towers.

Pachom

Farmer
The new pvp has been great in my opinion, something like bowling, I mean like my throwing a ball, sometimes it will find its hit, sometimes Not. The most severe critics just take the GAME! too serious, it is great fun. So I am sorry, that it is turned off.

qaccy

Emperor
Too many people here who still don't understand that it's always been possible to continue attacking neighbors even without the towers. How many people are aware that the arena was an addition to the game, not a replacement? Well, a replacement for the towers, but that and the paltry amount of medals that could be obtained from them were all that was lost. Attacking neighbors has always been available, and the old tower system was not designed with GvG, GE, or GBG in mind so anyone who looks to that as if it's some sort of competition with any integrity is laughable to me. Quit clinging to the past as if it's better, the towers didn't actually have any gameplay impact anyway.

Bring on the hate! :)

jovada

Regent
Too many people here who still don't understand that it's always been possible to continue attacking neighbors even without the towers. How many people are aware that the arena was an addition to the game, not a replacement? Well, a replacement for the towers, but that and the paltry amount of medals that could be obtained from them were all that was lost. Attacking neighbors has always been available, and the old tower system was not designed with GvG, GE, or GBG in mind so anyone who looks to that as if it's some sort of competition with any integrity is laughable to me. Quit clinging to the past as if it's better, the towers didn't actually have any gameplay impact anyway.

Attacking your neighbour , specially a higher ranked then you in the tower was what made the tower to be fun.
Also looking at the towers you saw who was very active in your hood. (and i don't mean who has +1000 fights from GBG or GVG, but a player with 100 fights is also active)

Last edited:

Arwaren

Squire
How many people are aware that the arena was an addition to the game, not a replacement?
Are you blind? You don't understand that the matchmaking system sucked. The awards were not interesting. The idea of tossing all players of all ages into one arena is ridiculous. So what if Arena showed that there are 120 medals for 1st place in the Early Middle Ages when it is impossible to reach this place? The Arena needs a redesign.

No do not get rid of GvG.!!!! OK it has its faults, it always has done. but despite that it keeps on going and keeps on working. The way the rest of the game is going. GvG might end up the only thing that is working
With, at the time, no pvp towers there was no point in gvg besides guild glory (arguably meaningless). GBG much better feature in all arenas, why even bother with gvg?

Not hate against your post, but removal of the towers made fighting with earlier era troops pointless. Maybe doing so is pointless anyways, but for many it added a bit of challenge that players could see, feel, and get feedback from. While fighting later era armies with your current era troops in the Arena was a similar concept, it differed much in the way that a player received feedback - no after battle points breakdown, no replay, etc.

For many, I think the rewards were irrelevant. For me it was the loss of the after battle points breakdown that I especially didn't like. While I like being able to see the weekly breakdown of hood battles, I could live without it. As stated above it did allow you to see at a glance who in the hood was more active (at least fighting). You can go to foestats and find out if someone is active too, but is much more time consuming for things hood related other than trying to decide if you want to risk your fp sniping a neighbor's great building.

Fixing the PvP Arena or replacing it, and adding it along side the towers would be great, especially if the towers were to become limited to using neighborhood battles only at that point or earlier. Neighborhoods would likely become a bit more interesting at that point.

Mr.Man65

Farmer
The thread PvP Arena Deactivation https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/pvp-arena-deactivation.13617/
i have liked it
But only if i understand it right, you(Innogames) akzept that massive negative feedback and think about an other real good feature that makes fun for us players?
hopefully i am right.
smiley_emoticons_kolobok-hallo-kappe.gif

qaccy

Emperor
Attacking your neighbour , specially a higher ranked then you in the tower was what made the tower to be fun.
Also looking at the towers you saw who was very active in your hood. (and i don't mean who has +1000 fights from GBG or GVG, but a player with 100 fights is also active)
The towers have nothing to do with your ability to fight. It's also still possible to see who's active by looking at overall point totals, though I will concede that the towers were convenient for seeing who was at least doing a lot of fighting, if nothing else.
Are you blind? You don't understand that the matchmaking system sucked. The awards were not interesting. The idea of tossing all players of all ages into one arena is ridiculous. So what if Arena showed that there are 120 medals for 1st place in the Early Middle Ages when it is impossible to reach this place? The Arena needs a redesign.
I'm not really commenting at all on how the arena was designed. I'm pointing out that it's always been possible to fight everywhere else as it always has been, even with the Arena being part of the game. Don't like the Arena? You can still fight neighbors and in any other area of the game that allows it, and continue to gain the battle points you've always received from each (and the ability to plunder in the case of defeated neighbors). Absolutely nothing was lost here, besides that largely-meaningless list of scores showing who's farmed the most battles in GvG and/or GBG. But only that list was lost; the battle points which go towards your player score and overall server ranking remained, which are the things that 'matter' here.
Not hate against your post, but removal of the towers made fighting with earlier era troops pointless. Maybe doing so is pointless anyways, but for many it added a bit of challenge that players could see, feel, and get feedback from. While fighting later era armies with your current era troops in the Arena was a similar concept, it differed much in the way that a player received feedback - no after battle points breakdown, no replay, etc.

For many, I think the rewards were irrelevant. For me it was the loss of the after battle points breakdown that I especially didn't like. While I like being able to see the weekly breakdown of hood battles, I could live without it. As stated above it did allow you to see at a glance who in the hood was more active (at least fighting). You can go to foestats and find out if someone is active too, but is much more time consuming for things hood related other than trying to decide if you want to risk your fp sniping a neighbor's great building.

Fixing the PvP Arena or replacing it, and adding it along side the towers would be great, especially if the towers were to become limited to using neighborhood battles only at that point or earlier. Neighborhoods would likely become a bit more interesting at that point.
Look, I'm just not seeing what's so important about the towers here. They were literally nothing more than score trackers. But the tone of so many posts in this thread that are outraged about their removal strongly indicates that many people seem to think that losing that list of scores somehow means it's not worth fighting anymore. Like there are people who mistakenly believe that without the towers, you no longer receive points for battles? I'm here to bluntly tell them that that's wrong. Battles always give points. Just like when towers are closed and when fighting in a tower that hasn't been unlocked yet, battles always give points. Not having towers will not cause me to stop fighting, because I'll still be getting the points that go towards my server ranking which is a lot more important as far as any of these relatively meaningless numbers go.

jovada

Regent
The towers have nothing to do with your ability to fight. It's also still possible to see who's active by looking at overall point totals, though I will concede that the towers were convenient for seeing who was at least doing a lot of fighting, if nothing else.

Really ????? Do you think i'm gonna look 75 times at the overall points totals to view all my neighbours ???? For your information if you did'nt know it shows your total points en total fights not if you were active.
The towers in the hood showed in 1 quick view all my neighbours that were active and how many fights they did this week

why even bother with gvg?
You are right in that in GvG there are no personal rewards like there are in GBG and GE. And yes you do need to work together as a guild in GBG. But GvG goes beyond that. Saying that guild glory is meaningless is also true if you play a selfish self centered game where you are all that matters, as you could argue that everything else in the game is meaningless except your ability to grab as much as you can. And if your guild does not have the founder and leaders capable of running a good GvG guild. GvG means you have to work together and put the guild first. it builds friendship and a shared pride in your guild, not for personal gain. And all for the sheer fun of fighting and putting the guild first. And doing that does get you free FPs, cheaper building costs and faster troop healing and recruitment so there is some personal gain. But not everyone can be the boss, not everyone has the ability to inspire the loyalty it takes to lead a good all round fighting guild. So it is easier just to dismiss GvG as being pointless.

You are right in that in GvG there are no personal rewards like there are in GBG and GE. And yes you do need to work together as a guild in GBG. But GvG goes beyond that. Saying that guild glory is meaningless is also true if you play a selfish self centered game where you are all that matters, as you could argue that everything else in the game is meaningless except your ability to grab as much as you can. And if your guild does not have the founder and leaders capable of running a good GvG guild. GvG means you have to work together and put the guild first. it builds friendship and a shared pride in your guild, not for personal gain. And all for the sheer fun of fighting and putting the guild first. And doing that does get you free FPs, cheaper building costs and faster troop healing and recruitment so there is some personal gain. But not everyone can be the boss, not everyone has the ability to inspire the loyalty it takes to lead a good all round fighting guild. So it is easier just to dismiss GvG as being pointless.
Yet you didn't list anything that gvg gives.....................#1 guild, so what? The best guild is the guild that works for you.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Look, I'm just not seeing what's so important about the towers here. They were literally nothing more than score trackers. But the tone of so many posts in this thread that are outraged about their removal strongly indicates that many people seem to think that losing that list of scores somehow means it's not worth fighting anymore. Like there are people who mistakenly believe that without the towers, you no longer receive points for battles? I'm here to bluntly tell them that that's wrong. Battles always give points. Just like when towers are closed and when fighting in a tower that hasn't been unlocked yet, battles always give points. Not having towers will not cause me to stop fighting, because I'll still be getting the points that go towards my server ranking which is a lot more important as far as any of these relatively meaningless numbers go.

While I'm not going to disagree that the old towers are worthless to the majority of players (myself included), there are some odd ducks that those towers are their game. i.e. not a means to an end, but it is their end to which they seek means. A place to parade their prowess about even if the people they're "competing" against frankly are ignoring them for the most part ;)

It's no different than how you like to build all the bad GBs just to have them :p That's your goal, winning pvp towers is their goal, and neither one makes a lick of sense from an efficiency standpoint. But it's your fun and that's fine. Edit: similarly planet's suggestion to nuke GvG for something different would also meet with stiff opposition as there are still people for whom GvG is "their game" and all they care about.

That said, the new tower was hardly an improvement, so I don't see why anyone should rue them putting the old towers back while they figure out how to make less of a catastrophe out of their concept for a new PvP tower ;) It'll give the poor community rep some peace and quiet while they figure things out even if it is eventually coming in some form anyways.

Nessie

Baronet
And why not create a place of exchange between our ideas and the capacities / desires of the developers?

would probably be more about the capacities :);):)
It takes them weeks to fix bugs :rolleyes: - IF they can fix it which is not always the case. Of course the developers enjoy their regular weekend/free time also while we have to put up with the actual bugs o_O

Where I work (IT sector), we sit at the desk until a problem is solved otherwise our customers would be in trouble :p

Last edited:

Yekk

Viceroy
It is very important that that unseen developer post before pvp arena is put up again. Actually that should have happened earlier in this thread...

Most of what I see as envisioned by that management can be achieved. But also much of what was asked for has to happen also. We want this game to continue to be the best possible.

alligator

Farmer
Please, keep in mind that this is not a definitive deactivation, which means that this is not the end of the development of the PvP Arena.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why i loose my trust in you INNO when reading that i dont feel the lust to invest anymore in this game you still can put that PVP arena back in the game
i have no problem with that but keep it beside the old way.