• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback PvP Arena

Ojosama

Farmer
I have given the question of the Arena some thought and come to some conclusions.
The first thing to remember is that INNO is a business and wants to make money, therefor anything that allows players to buy diamonds is good for INNO.
It would also appear that INNO have decided that the application that allows players to use mobile devices to play is the future for INNO.
The old tower system was too difficult for app players to use because of how difficult it is to change troops during fights versus how easy it was for PC players. this allowed PC players to have many more fights than app players thus meaning that app players could not do well in towers (this also applies to GVG so expect that to be phased out too) . INNO's solution was to start the Arena with fewer fight and leveling the playing field in favour of app players.
With regards to the mysterious "OTHER SOURCES" of positive feed back there are a few possibilities for these. This is ZZ.1 server, there is also a ZZ.2 Beta server where moderators and other INNO employies get to test new features before they are released on this ZZ.1 beta test server. As they have tools available to them that are not allowed to ordinary beta player, such as unlimited forge points and diamonds ,it's hardly a fair comparison. there is also the possibility that app players are giving positive feedback as it allows them to at last be on equal terms with PC players. Lastly the only other source of positve feedback that comes to mind would be the INNO accountants who would no doubt be very happy with new features that let players buy diamonds

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
I feedback on all suggestions, opinions, and feedback from the thread. I'm sorry I don't have any more information to give you right now, and I'm sorry for those of your that feel I've let you down.

The feedback from the developers that you would like to see isn't usually given. I cannot tell you why a decision was made, or the reasoning behind something. I know that you all would like more. The request for this kind of feedback appears every time some players don't like an aspect of a feature. It doesn't mean I'm not doing my job, it just means that information won't be made available. Some of your questions will go unanswered because of that reason.

I'm passionate about this game and this Community, and I'm not oblivious to your frustration, but it doesn't change what information I can provide or answers I can give. As I have given you all the information I can, this will mean that my posts will sound repetitive as I have no new answers I can provide. I'm sorry that some of you would have liked me to have been more visible, that feedback has been noted. I read the posts every day, but if I don't have information then repeatedly posting that will interrupt the flow of conversation.

Please also remember that just because the PvP Arena is also being tested on the International Server it does not mean that the feedback and your suggestions now stop being forwarded. This thread is not closed, and we are still gathering your feedback.

Thanks Dudettas ... it saddens me so much how the PvP Arena is totally NOT working fine, even not on the International Server ! It's very frustrating !
I try really hard to TRY to enjoy the parts of FoE that are still cool to play and try to forget about PvP Arena, but it's difficult to forget because so many players gave suggestions ....
Wiould it not be very sad if the whole PvP Arena will be abandoned by most players ? All that work for just a part of the players ? .... hmm ... or even more worst : almost everyone do stop playing PvP Arena and then, what are they going to do then ?
I get more and more a very strong impulse to delete all what is beta ! Then it's farewell beta, for always ! Then you're released of me ... . :p

Last edited:

jovada

Regent
I think i stop testing this crappy pvp , i'm in position around 25 i think and top 50 must all be SAAB players i believe, so lower era's have 0.0% chance reaching the top or they must invest strongly and even then it's not certain.
The matchmaking sucks and i seriously doubt that some day the devs can make a fair matchmaking if they don't redisign the whole pvp.
The start on the EN-server is meaningless cause they give the same feedback as we did, this means the devs will not consider their feedback as well, why should they if they ignored our feedback (exept some minor changes , like manuel fight and medals attempts)
They decided this mistake must go on and whatever comes out of the feedback on EN and beta will be ignored.
But maybe they get bored earning the title "best online game of the year" and are now aiming for the title of "worst online game of the year" :eek:

Last edited:

jovada

Regent
Some time ago i asked the question if player xx is attacked 50 times a day only 5 fights count for loosing or winning points for defending.
Are the first 5 fights after midnight taken in consideration or is it a random choice ?
If first 5 fights i can for example immediatly attack him after midnight causing him 5 times dammage, if not what is the guarantee that he will not receive 5 times points for succesfull defending ? One way or the other not really fair.

I never get an answer , or is this falling under the secret other sources ?

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
It's the first 5 fights of the day, so in the scenario listed above, you would have to assume you were the only player attacking them so far that day and you faced them 5 times in a row. After those first five fights, they could not lose (or gain if you lose the battle) any further passive points for the day, they could only actively affect their score.

Sinitar

Regent
Some time ago i asked the question if player xx is attacked 50 times a day only 5 fights count for loosing or winning points for defending.
Are the first 5 fights after midnight taken in consideration or is it a random choice ?
If first 5 fights i can for example immediatly attack him after midnight causing him 5 times dammage, if not what is the guarantee that he will not receive 5 times points for succesfull defending ? One way or the other not really fair.

I never get an answer , or is this falling under the secret other sources ?
sometimes to know some things,it necessary seek weself the true truth

Sinitar

Regent
It's the first 5 fights of the day, so in the scenario listed above, you would have to assume you were the only player attacking them so far that day and you faced them 5 times in a row. After those first five fights, they could not lose (or gain if you lose the battle) any further passive points for the day, they could only actively affect their score.
so it affect only the first 5 defense actions Independent if you lose or win per day?

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
Your passive interactions are limited yes, you can gain or lose points passively for the first 5 fights of the day. After that, your attacker will gain or lose points but it will not appear on your log as you will not lose further points.

jovada

Regent

Well like i told before on 100 fights i have always the two same players , if i want to play dirty i attack immediatly after midnight causing them 5 times in a row dammage. Not very fair and specialy if a friend has me as always the same fight i can ask him to attack me immediatly after midnight with 1 rogue so i receive 5 times the defending bonus.

Mr.Man65

Farmer
hmmm... i am new on this all. beginning 3 months ago on an german-server.
But (sorry Innogames) all this reads like a cheat package...What does all this have to do with "PvP" ?
Against which other player am I fighting ? This is just the same old story. Some kind of algorithm.
That is .... well, just looooooo boring.
I started here because PvP was written(advertised) . What do I find, only units controlled by machines.
I think it's really boring, that there's nothing that comes along that would actually be a great honor for a professional games company like Inno. You can do better.
Do it.

if you criticize something, ideas should come.
But no claim to completeness ;)
I don't want to abolish the current fights at all. If you like it that way, you should be able to have it that way.
But for my understanding of PvP:
It might not be necessary to "reinvent the wheel" but a human being should be sitting at the other end as well.
This is the point of PvP
There would be some options. You just have to "think away" from the current system a bit more. It could come with much existing something completely new.

The Arena:
>Enlarge the current arena a little. Inno has different graphics, nothing needs to be changed, just more fields. (and it doesn't need an algorithm for the fight)
>More troops per battle. (armies not small groups)
>There is no auto-fight, real PvP ;)

So that the players find each other:
>You could say that every hour on the hour, the first 15 minutes are the time to start your scoring fights (minimum 3 per day ?). The system then searches for 20(30,40..) seconds if it has found a comparable enemy.
>For a PvP you could simply take the current combat bonuses (attack and defense) as a comparison and there are the same units for all fighters.
So similar bonuses fight against each other and it really depends on the better tactics. Then we would really talk about skill ;)
-The terrain should be a random factor. An additional challenge, Napoleon would surely be for it ;)
-Everybody has to choose his troops before the battle. Only when the battle starts, you can see the enemy troops.
-Whoever is allowed to start will be raffled off (even a quiz on FoE would be an option here ? I just thought of that^^). One question and whoever answers correctly first can choose if he wants to start first or not)
>And then they can fight, player against player. With a little more troops in a slightly larger arena, shouldn't that be fun?
-There will be no auto combat and there will not be so many fights/day, because troops are limited -no agents
-Mostly even those who fight very well and get little damage can do more fights.

To make Inno "make his money", there are of course additional units to buy (and I'm sure Inno will find something else, just please don't do anything that actually distorts the strength of the players to each other too much. That's the reason for the more troops. It doesn't falsify the single result, but it has an influence on the overall ranking because the player can do more fights.
It would also be a "pay to win". But honestly, why shouldn't those who finance all this get their advantage from it?
Everybody who is complaining is just jealous instead of being happy that the premium players finance their game ;)

How many games are there where you can play practically everything else without buying premium?

As a ranking there is the diamond ranking and because of the recognition, the iron ones, for which they never bought troops.
If the Iron and Diamond players have the same score, the Iron is stronger.
The scoring is similar to tennis. Only not for one year but say ...2 months ?
Then once a year there is the "Masters" of the xx(12 ?) best players (i.e. those who were 1st or 2nd place every 2 months or 3rd or 4th place... if always the same ones were on place 1, 2 etc)
Possibly with "live transmission" ? -is the master fights are streamed ?

The first and second place are calculated from the points from the fights, not from the bonuses of their LG.
The Masters is played without any bonus. Skill then has the biggest influence on the result.

-Do you also want to be able to take potions with you into battle and use them during the fight, with extra Boost ?

No idea if all this is possible. I have now quickly thought it over and put it together.
I would like something like this much better.
The main thing is that there is a real person "on the other end" and the basic draw of the opponents doesn't let too much bandwidth/differences of LG and other bonuses come together.
And I hope I have at least described this in enough detail that everyone can imagine something under it. There are still a lot of details and finer points to be clarified.
But as I said, I would like to see a real person sitting opposite from me.

Was bitteschön hat das alles mit "PvP" zu tun ?
Gegen welchen anderen Spieler kämpfe ich denn da bitteschön ? Das ist doch wieder nur die gleiche Leier. Irgendein Algorithmus.
Das ist doch .... naja einfach laaaaaangweilig.
Ich hab hier angefangen, weil von PvP geschrieben(geworben) wurde. Was finde ich, nur von Maschinen gesteuerte Einheiten.
Ich finde das eecht langweilig, das da nichts kommt das einer Profi-Games-Schmiede wie Inno tatsächlich zu Ehre gereichen würde.

Keinerlei Anspruch auf Vollständigkeit ;)
Es müsste vielleicht nicht "das Rad neu erfunden werden"
Da gäbe es so einige Optionen. Man muss sich nur etwas mehr vom jetzigen System "wegdenken" ohne allzuviel neues einzuführen ^^
-Die jetzige Arena kann man ja dafür verwenden. Inno hat da verschiedene Grafiken, mit sehr ähnlichen Effekten.
-Man könnte ja sagen, zu jeder vollen Stunde sind die ersten 15 Minuten die Zeit in der man seine Wertungskämpfe machen kann. Das System sucht dann 20 Sekunden lang ob es einen vergleichbaren Gegner gefunden hat.

-Es könnten ja für ein PvP einfach die Kampfboni (Angriff und Verteidigung) als Vergleichswertung genommen werden und es gibt für alle die gleichen Einheiten.
Damit kämpfen ähnliche Boni gegeneinander und es kommt wirklich auf das Kampfgeschick an. Dann würden wir tatsächlich einmal von Skill reden ;)
-Vielleicht sind die Einheiten so ausgewogen, das man mit den gleichen Kampfwerten gegen alle anderen Truppen bestehen könnte, außer gegen die die speziell gegen die eigenen gewählten stark sind. Zum Beispiel, so wie jetzt auch Fernkampfeinheiten kaum gegen schnelle Einheiten gewinnen können.
-Dann sollte das Gelände mit ein Zufallsfaktor sein.
-Jeder muss sich seine Truppen vor dem Kampf aussuchen, gibt dann auch noch ein Zufallsmoment.
-Wer anfangen darf wird dann auch noch verlost (hier wäre sogar ein Quiz zu FoE eine Option ? is mir gerade dazu eingefallen^^. eine Frage und wer zuerst richtig antwortet darf aussuchen ob er beginnen will oder nicht)
Und dann können die beiden kämpfen, Spieler gegen Spieler. (vielleicht wird die Arena ein bisschen größer und es werden dafür 12 oder 15 Einheiten)

Heist es gibt keinen Autokampf dabei und es werden nicht so viele Kämpfe/Tag sein,weil Truppenzahl beschränkt -keine Agenten
Heist auch wer sehr gut kämpft und wenig Schaden bekommt, kann auch mehr Kämpfe machen.
Damit Inno seinen "Schnitt" macht, gibts natürlich zusätzliche Einheiten zu kaufen.(und ich bin sicher Inno wird noch anderes finden, nur bitte nichts was tatsächlich die Stärke der Spieler zueinander zu sehr verfälscht. Darum auch das mit dem mehr an Truppen. Es verfälscht das einzelne Ergebnis nicht hat nur Einfluss auf die Gesamtwertung weil der Spieler mehr kämpfe machen kann.
Und ganz klar gesagt, es würde schon auch ein "pay to win", keine Frage. Aber mal ehrlich gesagt, warum sollen die die das hier alles finanzieren nicht ihren Vorteil daraus bekommen? Jeder der da dagegen jammert is ja nur neidig, anstatt sich zu freuen dass die ihr/ihm sein Spiel finanzieren ;)
Wie viele Spiele gibts denn in denen man ansonsten praktisch alles wirklich ohne Premium zu kaufen spielen kann?

Als Rangliste gibt es dann einmal die Dia-Wertung und wegen der Anerkennung, die Eiserne, für die die sich nie Truppen gekauft haben.
Bei gleichen Punktestand von eisernen und Dia-Spielern, ist der Eiserne als stärker zu bewerten.

Die Wertung ist ähnlich wie beim Tennis. Nur nicht ein Jahr lang sondern sagen wir 2 Monate lang.
Dann gibts einmal im Jahr das "Masters" von den xx(12 ?) besten Spielern (also die die alle 2 Monate Platz 1 oder 2 waren bzwq Platz 3 oder 4.... falls immer die gleichen auf Platzt 1, 2 usw waren)
Womöglich mit "Liveübertragung" ? -heist die Master-Kämpfe werden gestreamt ?

Die Erst und Zweitplazierten errechnen sich aus den Punkten von den Kämpfen, nicht aus den Boni ihrer LG. Das Master-Tournier wird ohne jeglichen Bonus gespielt. Skill hatt dann den größten Einfluss aufs Ergebnis.

Mögliche Ergänzungen
-Die Zeit die man für einen Sieg braucht wird auch mit in eine Punktewertung einbezogen aber Kämpfe die länger als xx(5 ? 10? ) Minuten dauern fallen aus der Wertung, alle Schäden des Siegers werden Rückgängig gemacht.
-Solls auch die Möglichkeit geben dass man Tränke in den Kampf mit nimmt und sie WÄHREND" des Kampfes nehmen kann, als extra-Boost so zu sagen?

Keine Ahnung ob das alles geht. Habe das jetzt ganz ganz grob überlegt und zusammengeschrieben Hat so 15 Minuten jetzt gedauert das zu schreiben.
Würde etwas in der Richtung gar nicht so unattraktiv finden. Hauptsache es ist ein echter Mensch "am andern Ende" und die Grundauslosung der Gegner lässt nicht zu viel Bandbreite/Unterschiede der LG-Boni und sonstiger Boni zusammen kommen.

Und ich hoffe ich habe das wenigstens so genau genug beschrieben, dass sich jeder etwas darunter vorstellen kann. Einzelheiten, Feinheiten müssten hier noch viele geklärt werden.
Aber ich fänds, wie gesagt, nicht sooo schlecht, wenn ein echter Mensch da gegenüber sitzen würde.

Thunderdome

Emperor
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't this feature the same way as having a push account?

I mean, with all the SAAB/SAM folks out there, they must have been raking in the points for defense from those who are in the lower age (or 10) than them.

Yekk

Regent
Inno should put this on a third server. Then they will have 3 servers posting how boring this is, how imbalanced it is, how poor the rewards, how it can be abused. EN server feedback matches what we said for what...7 weeks?? Not like we did not tell them so.

Lots of great ideas for the fixs both here and there but right now they are driving a car which has all tires flat...and will not pull over to rethink their actions

Praeceptor

Marquis
But maybe they get bored earning the title "best online game of the year" and are now aiming for the title of "worst online game of the year" :eek:

This is what worries me too.

I love this game, but if Inno won't engage with its most passionate players they will take their comments to third party review sites where their angry posts won't get deleted by the mods, and that won't be good for anyone.

, how poor the rewards,

There is a lot to do for Inno indeed, but at least the rewards are much better than those we are/were getting in the PvP-Towers. This weekend, for example, I got a Rogue Hideout :) next to all the minor stuff, though I'm not really at a top position, which is around #1.800.

And I do like the music, I just accidentally unmuted the music! :cool: