• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback PvP Arena

Owl II

Emperor
OMG ... Why? Why do they accept the most stupid and dangerous suggestions they ever had?
Testing on live server with a lot of active players is great.
Matchmaking by age is stupid. Repeaters will hand out slaps to beginners. This is terrible!
Attempts buying for medals is a complete collapse of the idea. High attack? Competent defense? Correct selection of units? Nooo. A stupid mouse click will ruling in the PVP arena

Last edited:
This is not new information, the forum feedback is not consistent with the other feedback we are receiving.

I continue to feedback all of your comments and suggestions for improvements. This feature is still being tested.
How very unlucky that no happy player has taken the time to explain here on the forum why he loves the feature and what there is to love. How very strange that the Arena is the only and first time the forum feedback isn't at all consistent with the mysterious other feedback that noone's heard of before. We'll see whether or not the EN forum feedback will be more consistent with this famous feedback...

There's no need to continue to feedback our comments since Inno doesn't believe that the matching system is flawed and that's the main point. You've told us yourself that time only will balance the matching: after that, we can't hope for a big change, can we?

And now, we can buy attempts with medals. The old towers were the place where a beginner could gain some medals. The Arena is a place where only advanced players will win by spending medals. It makes no sense to delete a feature for the beginners and to put instead a feature for the most advanced players.

jovada

Regent
It makes no sense to delete a feature for the beginners and to put instead a feature for the most advanced players.

The same happened with GBG, guilds with advanced players (arc and alca above 80) can farm points and rewards like crazy and additional receives roads to victory (platina and diamond) increasing the gap with smaller guilds and new players, and don't say little players can join big guilds because many of them ask minimum (high) requirements to join them haha.

The same happened with GBG, guilds with advanced players (arc and alca above 80) can farm points and rewards like crazy and additional receives roads to victory (platina and diamond) increasing the gap with smaller guilds and new players, and don't say little players can join big guilds because many of them ask minimum (high) requirements to join them haha.
You're right but, at least, the GBG didn't kill another feature. Deleting the towers makes no sense since the Arena is aimed at advanced players and the towers were aimed at beginners. When I was a beginner, the medals from the towers were quite important for me (I didn't have The Arc for a long time) and I used to look at the towers to see how well the other players did, how many points and fights my neighbours were able to win. It was a way to see where I was amongst them. It was useful and fun for me. The towers are almost useless for me now but I'm sorry that new players won't have this feature and will be thrown in the Arena where they can't thrive at all.

Thunderdome

Emperor
Looks like only EN for now
I wish I took a screenshot of the mishap that was placed onto the US forum when I first saw it. It's deleted now.

This is not new information, the forum feedback is not consistent with the other feedback we are receiving.

I continue to feedback all of your comments and suggestions for improvements. This feature is still being tested.
It's not even OLD information, especially if the other source happens to be the testers in quality assurance that are only testing with uber high cities/accounts alongside the players in the beta server.

It's not being consistent because there is a lot of opposition to this feature in this one and Inno wasn't going to have it (meaning there are far too many smart players in beta that it hurts Inno's ego). Explains the censoring as well as the removal of polls very clearly.

I'm sorry but I can't tell you what this other feedback is. It doesn't mean it doesn't exist, it just means I can't tell you what it is.
Again, let's do the math...

1 Beta Server (zz.forgeofempires.com)
1 Forum for Beta (forum.beta.forgeofempires.com)
0 Facebook Page for Beta
1 Support area for Beta
1 Quality Assurance testing area for Inno to test a game assigned (most likely to have unlimited resources/premium currency) or to find issues

Basically, if it's not through this list, then it doesn't exist. I'm sorry, but it's just the way it is. So pass the word to Inno and tell them they aren't fooling us with their incompetence.

Laobhan

Farmer
I WAS WRONG!!!!!! as soon as I started to get anywhere near moving up to the next level they have started to give me impossible to win fights, *sighs, my enthusiasm has just waned and I am back in the doldrums again, no point in pursuing the battle if you are assured to lose, I will keep my troops and go watch Netflix instead. Or go back to WoW,

Laobhan

Farmer
Dear me - going to live EN servers except it is still in testing - hope Inno will be awarding test diamonds to all active EN server players then. Obviously not - lol.
Back to the main point. As the game is currently set up, it is so manifestly unfair to any player outside of the top 100, that within a few days even the most stupid players will realise that they have absolutely no chance of ever winning a top prize. When they further understand that points roll over (-10%) from week to week they will see that there is no chance what so ever of them ever hitting the top. Yes they will be thrown a few more rewards then they currently get but let's be frank, those awards do not really amount to very much. This is a deeply flawed competition and unless Inno make some dramatic changes, it will just crash and burn. I am one of those players that really enjoyed the weekly tower battles. Because of that, I am now on my way to EN live where I will be deleting several cities. It seems a shame to do this after having some of them for 9 years now but this change is the final straw for me. The game has now changes so much that I no longer enjoy it as I used to. Therefore I will not be playing or paying the way that I used to.
I didn't know that they add 10% onto the score at weekend. :(

Fenix

Viceroy
It is obvious that this thing was initially tested by high age players. As it is it should be blocked for all ages except the last 3.
The beta has probably the brightest players in the game, Ignoring us is just a big mistake. It is almost unbelievable to think that put this in live will be better balanced, The matching system is flawed at its core, it could never be balanced. You managed to make your testers angry, the live worlds players will eat you alive.
I feel sorry for @Dudettas she is stuck in an unfortunate situation, and I think I will be sorry for @Lady Marlena as well.

Last edited:

Emperor XX

Farmer
I'm sorry but I can't tell you what this other feedback is. It doesn't mean it doesn't exist, it just means I can't tell you what it is.
I'm sorry you can't tell us what this feedback is because everyone either thinks
1: It isn't real
or
2: It is a biased source.
Why do you have a beta if you are not gonna listen to its players? Why even have one if all you're gonna do is listen to your sketchy anonymous sources? These beta players are not unreliable. They're real players who know what they want and enjoy. And I will even go as far as to say that they volunteer their time to help you make the game better. So these players are not worth tossing aside on a topic like this. These are players who love this game and don't want to seen it ruined by something like this PvP arena. It seems like inno's ego is self destructive. They don't want to admit that the PvP arena is a flop and needs to be removed or seriously reworked. And it's sad because it will hurt the game that me and so many others love and enjoy. Just my two cents on this topic.
Edit: I don't see what inno still has to gain from this arena. Obviously players are going to save their resources (both virtual in game resources and their real life money) when it comes to this arena so all inno is doing is trying to keep their pride alive. Meanwhile they could be making new features that players would enjoy

Last edited:

Nessie

Baronet
The overall goal of any company is to make a profit. All the "Other sources" has to be is the financial side of this that sees how much money this is generating from the Beta server. If the feedback from THAT pleases the company, THAT will be the only feedback they will seriously consider. Anything they take and implement from the customers will purely be window dressing

A lot of players think like you and already posted it here in other words. I have nothing against InnoGames profiting from the game but now it's ONLY about profit. Senior management should be ashamed of being so greedy. It's all about MORE MORE MORE MONEY. Ugh! Disgusting!

For InnoGames, the focus is no longer on having fun, therefore this is clearly a lie:

MISSION: GAMING ENJOYMENT!
The InnoGames development team is dedicated to giving players the best possible gaming experience.
unquote

Legitimate complaints on 89 forum pages is gaming enjoyment???

1BFA

Viceroy
A lot of players think like you and already posted it here in other words. I have nothing against InnoGames profiting from the game but now it's ONLY about profit. Senior management should be ashamed of being so greedy. It's all about MORE MORE MORE MONEY. Ugh! Disgusting!

For InnoGames, the focus is no longer on having fun, therefore this is clearly a lie:

MISSION: GAMING ENJOYMENT!
The InnoGames development team is dedicated to giving players the best possible gaming experience.
unquote

Legitimate complaints on 89 forum pages is gaming enjoyment???

There is no point of this....lol add it to their facebook/app comments...that will get their attention :)

Thunderdome

Emperor
The overall goal of any company is to make a profit. All the "Other sources" has to be is the financial side of this that sees how much money this is generating from the Beta server. If the feedback from THAT pleases the company, THAT will be the only feedback they will seriously consider. Anything they take and implement from the customers will purely be window dressing
Yes, we know it's the goal of any company, but also the goal of a company is getting new customers and/or retaining the current ones with things that will keep them there while keeping that company financially afloat.

You can design a product that will cost and bring everyone to the yard and have them pass the word to everyone else to try it, thus making more money. That was Inno many ages ago.

Or, you can design a product that will cost and it won't bring anyone to try it, no matter how hard you tried in pushing it. This is the current Inno.

Basically, what I had seen here are inflated numbers if finances were involved. Because, who in their right mind is going to give a standing ovation on something that is now broken let alone buy something that isn't satisfactory?

I know I wouldn't.

Now, this reminds me of that Big Spot Survey commercial with the Neck Basket I had seen many times. LOL.

thelegend88

Squire
Ok this might be a stupid and redundant question, as my reason is telling me we should not be able to attack guild members or rather be matched with them. But knowing everything is possible this days in FoE, is that really the case?