• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback PvP Arena

Sinitar

Regent
I can hardly believe you have actually released this on other servers what is the point of beta player feed back ? hello no one is listening anyone home. 99.9 % of players think this is junk ;(
is only for the english server non to all..it was mentioned in their forum

DeletedUser

I wonder WHEN they will tell them (EN server players), their feedback is useless crap, because there is a Yeti-like-positive feedback elswhere... (never seen by anyone).

CrashBoom

Legend
I wonder WHEN they will tell them (EN server players), their feedback is useless crap
it all depends on the point of view

the feedback is very important
but that feedback is not what in the forum will be written
the diamonds that are spend will be the real feedback

so if players spend many diamonds it will be a great positive feedback
a bad feedback would be if nobody would spend diamonds

DeletedUser

it all depends on the point of view

the feedback is very important
but that feedback is not what in the forum will be written
the diamonds that are spend will be the real feedback

so if players spend many diamonds it will be a great positive feedback
a bad feedback would be if nobody would spend diamonds
Maybe that is why I wrote about feedback on the forum...

Big diamond spenders are definitely not stupid. They spend diamonds so everyone could see they are better... If most players will ignore the feature, who will be there to see they are better than others...? But hey, such a success, I am sure they would go on spending diamonds forever and ever for something no one else cares...

Fenix

Viceroy
This is bad, and all the announcement text is very questionable.

@Dudettas, I will try to explain to you how the matching system really works from a colonial age point of view, and how it interacts with the global raking of this thing. Use it as you please, this is the behaviour that it has but I am not sure if this was the intended behaviour when this thing was initially made. This should be the case till SAM age.

1st, we all start with 6000 points. We start fighting, and initially we might have 3 real possible fights, and win some 200-point fights. After a while, the system will start to pull the plug, and stall our advances, we start to get impossible fights, initially only the difficult one, evolving with time to 2 impossible fights. Eventually we are prevented to go further, we get 3 impossible fights, and we are forced to lose a fight (or 2) on propose, just to get one possible easy fight (50 points). At this point we reached a staid-state faze, we lose a fight, to win a fight, and we will not pass from there.

The system is sorting the players by age. In my case, Colonial, and in the beta server, this means that I can reach #1500/#1600 position and will not pass this (the actual fighting points are irrelevant). At this point I reach the end of my progression, if I want to go further, I have to jump an age, and reach industrial. Then I would be allowed to go a little further (positions #1400, maybe). And this will be true for all ages, we will be sorted this way. And none of us will be able to progress further without jumping ages.

This behaviour is independent of the server size or composition. Every player will end up in a cluster depending on his age. This happens here, and will happen in EN.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
This is bad, and all the announcement text is very questionable.

@Dudettas, I will try to explain to you how the matching system really works from a colonial age point of view, and how it interacts with the global raking of this thing. Use it as you please, this is the behaviour that it has but I am not sure if this was the intended behaviour when this thing was initially made. This should be the case till SAM age.

1st, we all start with 6000 points. We start fighting, and initially we might have 3 real possible fights, and win some 200-point fights. After a while, the system will start to pull the plug, and stall our advances, we start to get impossible fights, initially only the difficult one, evolving with time to 2 impossible fights. Eventually we are prevented to go further, we get 3 impossible fights, and we are forced to lose a fight (or 2) on propose, just to get one possible easy fight (50 points). At this point we reached a staid-state faze, we lose a fight, to win a fight, and we will not pass from there.

The system is sorting the players by age. In my case, Colonial, and in the beta server, this means that I can reach #1500/#1600 position and will not pass this (the actual fighting points are irrelevant). At this point I reach the end of my progression, if I want to go further, I have to jump an age, and reach industrial. Then I would be allowed to go a little further (positions #1400, maybe). And this will be true for all ages, we will be sorted this way. And none of us will be able to progress further without jumping ages.

This behaviour is independent of the server size or composition. Every player will end up in a cluster depending on his age. This happens here, and will happen in EN.

If this actually worked out that well, it'd be as designed and they'd be happy with it. In practice the ages are such a jumbled mess that by the time you're at the edge of your progression you'd probably have to jump 4 or 5 ages to move up that extra 100 spots since what's in your way is mostly (significantly) higher age players that aren't putting effort in.

Incidentally on EN they didn't start everyone with 6000 points (and there's folks complaining about that too :p). It'll be interesting to see if this results in less complaints about matchmaking. Also interesting if those complaints increase over time since the ranking system as designed is not particularly stable and some of those high age players that were given a headstart may drift in the opposite direction from lack of activity.

The problem with ranking here vs ranking in GBG is GBG is all about activity where "PvP" is about a cross of activity and power. A lack of activity may have someone ranked the same as lower power players, but that doesn't make them an interesting target for those lower power players to fight.

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
Please feedback on the International testing on the International forums. The initial ranking on the International Server has been adjusted to try and improve the matchups so it's important to feedback in the correct place to be clear which version you are testing.

jovada

Regent
Please feedback on the International testing on the International forums. The initial ranking on the International Server has been adjusted to try and improve the matchups so it's important to feedback in the correct place to be clear which version you are testing.

Does this mean they have a newer version then we on the beta, "c'est le monde à l'enver "

But anyway i see you receive STRONG negative feedback there also , why still bother

Last edited:
Hmmm, TESTING you said .... but in the meanwhile the PvP Tournament Towers and battlepoints (showing them) are ALREADY GONE !!! :(:mad:o_O

Edit : And more .....
I even didn't started this AI vs AI "thing" on EN server .... and even abandonned the "thing" here on beta, I really have HAD with it !!
I only start back testing (here on beta) IF more things will change ! Even if the matchmaking system start to work a bit better, the REWARDS are so common to get playing GE and having a Temple of Relics I get way MORE rewards in 1 day than playing this boring AND annoying "thing" for a whole week !!!!
Plus I help my guild growing doing GE, so a win - win situation on top of that !!

Last edited:

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
As some of you may have already seen, we're expanding testing on this feature to the International Server only starting Monday. This is to both gather additional feedback and also to test the starting modification that participants will be sorted based on their Era to facilitate fair matches.
As you are already aware, the forum feedback contrasts greatly with the other feedback we are receiving.

We also hope to introduce to Beta some time today, ahead of the International release, the opportunity to purchase extra attempts with medals.
As per my update, there were adjustments made to try and test fairer matchups. So yes they are slightly different which is why it's important to feedback in the correct place.

Praeceptor

Marquis
When are the new changes going to be implemented on the beta server where they should be being tested?

Moderator note, please do not refer to moderator actions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sinitar

Regent
I start again today after left the pvp arena because my positions doesn't change(between 600-700) and cannot reach under 500 position;my apparence impresion is that:
here,start with 6k points not to 12k as english world
the first 7 attempts with hard opponent were PMA,CE and AF(I have mg team in InA and isn't a problem unless with AF guy)
Now I have this opponents https://prnt.sc/u904y5
seriously?medium difficulty is EMA??and easy is an OF?
next opponents:same situation https://prnt.sc/u908uw
next opponents: https://prnt.sc/u90a7q
after 2 rounds I have impossible opponents https://prnt.sc/u90cbq but the OF player had 1 rogue https://prnt.sc/u90d2z
after a lots of attemps buying with medals,my final feedback is this:
-it's not absolutly funny this arena;is only click,click,click and again click and see
-is an apparently ilusion that you can reach an higher position at begin if you're not at least at FE
-where's this positive feedback that you mentioned?
-with this implementation,you have cause to play less than before on all parts of the game because you have cleared an importan part of the game...
-Now this can be call forge of empires of farms